Memory Two

The Lost Memory

 “Kyunie…” Sungmin said slowly, tears gather on his eyes ready to spill out, “It’s me… Sungmin…” his voice was so low.

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun look at him, trying to recognize him but he fail, “I don’t remember you. Umma… who is he? What is he doing here?”

Before Kyuhyun mother answer it, Sungmin bolt out from the room with tears fall freely from his eyes. She was about to run after him but Kyuhyun father block her, “I’ll go” he said and leave the room.

“I’m going to call the doctor” Ahra said and leaving the room.

“Umma” Kyuhyun call her; make her remember that she has a question that has to be answered.

She sigh, trying so hard to hold back the tears that was about to fall. She look at her son face while holding his hand, “He is Sungmin… your wife”

Kyuhyun was really shock, his mouth open and closed but no word come from it, “How?” it was all he can say.

“You marry him 2 months ago, you are in the middle of your honeymoon when the accident happen” she explain it to him.

“That couldn’t be true… I wouldn’t marry a man”

“Yes you are, Kyuhyun… 2 years ago, you told us that you are a couple and 2 months ago you are married. You love him very much, Kyuhyun. Don’t you remember that?” Kyuhyun shake his head, “Even for just a little?” again he shake his hand. His mind is really blank right now; the last thing he remember was that he was in relationship, with her.

 

***

 

When Kyuhyun father found him, he was sitting on the floor. Tears fall from his eyes like a waterfall, his hand was bounded together and was bought to his chest, his body is trembling as a sob come out from his mouth. He kneel in front of him and take the bounded hand to his own, “Sungmin-ah” he tighten his hold when Sungmin didn’t answer his call, “Sungmin-ah…”

Sungmin look up when he hear his name being called for the second time, “A-pa” his lips trembling as the tears flow more from his eyes, he slumped to the older man body and sobbing hard, “Appa… it just a dream, right? Kyuhyun could never forget me…”

Kyuhyun father tighten his hold on Sungmin and rubbed the smaller man back, “Sungmin-ah… I know it is so hard for you… but we’ll be here with you… we’ll be beside you… supporting you… you have to be strong for him and for yourself. Even though Kyuhyun forget about you but you have to be beside him, supporting him. I’m sure that someday he will remember you… he love you very much… how could he just forget you and let you suffer. So Sungmin-ah… don’t cry okay, let’s get back there and smile… because I’m sure, Kyuhyun like it when you smile” he soothing him.

“But appa––“

Kyuhyun father hold Sungmin’s shoulder and make Sungmin to look at him in the eyes, “No but Sungmin-ah… I know you can do it. You are strong, I know it. So, smile please” he plead. Never in Sungmin life to see his father in-law pleading like this. He usually very strong and spread the superior aura to everyone around him. But right now, he is pleading to him. Pleading for him to smile… to be strong…

Sungmin force a small smile to creep on his face, even though it was hurt but he would make Kyuhyun to fallen for him once again. Because he know, even though now he is forget anything about him, he know that Kyuhyun love him very much.

“You ready?” Sungmin nodded his head and Kyuhyun father pull him up from the floor. He hold Sungmin’s shoulder and they walk to the intensive care.

 

***

 

When they arrive, there was a doctor who was checking on Kyuhyun condition. They stand beside the other while waiting for the doctor to finish his job. A few minutes later, he is done. “His physical wound is healing slowly, maybe on a week or so it will be fully healed” the doctor said with a small smile, “And for his amnesia, it caused because of his head trauma. Maybe he bump his head hard when the accident happen”

“Wait” Kyuhyun said suddenly, “Amnesia?” he ask them confusedly, “I remember everything. I’m not amnesia” this confession make his family to look at him. Sungmin smile brightly and go to his side, holding his hand.

“You remember everything, Kyunie?” Sungmin said excitedly, tighten his hold on Kyuhyun’s hand.

But then Kyuhyun let the hand go and look away from Sungmin, “Yeah…”

“No…” Sungmin said suddenly, “You are not. If you remember, you wouldn’t let go of my hand” he said with a tint of sadness on his voice but when Kyuhyun look at him, there was a small smile on his face, “But… it’s okay… because I know someday you will remember me again”

Kyuhyun look at the smiling man in front of him, he didn’t know why but there was uneasy feeling on his heart, ‘Why did I feel like this. It was like someone is grabbing my lungs tightly until it hard to breath. Even though he was smiling but why I can see disappointment, sadness and sorrow on his face. What happen to me? He is just a stranger… he is a stranger, right?’

“Kyuhyun-ssi” the doctor call make him to look at him, “You said that you remember everything?” Kyuhyun nodded his head, “May I know what date is now?”

“Of course I know” he said, “Its 15 January 2009”

Sungmin hold on his own hand tightly, ‘Of course he didn’t remember me. I was still in Japan that time. Even though we are friend when we are child but when we meet again after I go to Japan for 8 years, he didn’t even know anything about me’ Sungmin thought sadly.

“You definitely had an amnesia Kyuhyun-ssi. It is 2011 not 2009” the doctor explain to him.

Kyuhyun mother look at Sungmin direction as if she was asking about his feeling. He look at her and smile, “I’m fine” he muttered.

“Is it okay if we move him to Seoul?” Kyuhyun father said. They are on Jeju for nearly 10 days and it wouldn’t be okay. Even though he know that his secretary would take care of everything but he know that he couldn’t stay here too long.

“Its okay” the doctor said, “But he couldn’t use the regular plane because we couldn’t ask him to sit and we suggest for him not to move from his bed”

“We’ll take care of that” Kyuhyun father said.

Three days later, Kyuhyun was moved to Seoul International Hospital from Jeju. His last doctor already send his current condition to the doctor in here. He was moved to the patient room immediately. And after everything was set, Kyuhyun father have to go to his office to take care of everything and Ahra is helping him, leaving Sungmin with his mother to accompany him.

And on the night, Kyuhyun mother have to go back to their house. The doctor only let one person to accompany Kyuhyun and Sungmin volunteered himself.

That day, when Kyuhyun is already sleeping, Sungmin still wide awake, he got up from his seat and kiss Kyuhyun on the cheek, “Good night” he whispered before he sit again and hold on Kyuhyun’s hand. He look up at his husband sleeping form before a silent tears fell from his eyes.

 

***

 

The bright sunlight wake Kyuhyun up from his sleep, he open his eyes and look at someone who was standing on the window, opening the curtain. “Good morning” she said.

“Morning umma” he was about to rub his eyes when he feel that someone was holding his hand and that someone was sleeping with his head lying on Kyuhyun bed.

“Don’t wake him up” His mother said, “He was barely sleeping after that accident happen” she approach him and caress his hair, “You want to eat something?”

“Anything okay”

“I’ll leave you for a while then, I will be in a minute” she said before she walk out from the room.

Kyuhyun look at the sleeping man beside him, ‘Amnesia?’ he thought, ‘How could I? I remember everything except the fact that today is 2011 not 2009. And he is my wife? I’m not gay… I have a girlfriend. And definitely she’s not him and she’s not a man’ he though. He look around and found a pink cell phone on the table beside his bed, ‘Must be his’ he thought, ‘But its okay if I borrow it, right?’

Slowly he let go of Sungmin’s hand and take the phone with his good hand. He look at Sungmin and let out a relief sigh when he found that Sungmin is still sleeping. He type a few number before he press the call button. “Hello” come a voice from the other line.

“Hello, Seohyun-ah”

 


 

A/N:

First post at 25 June 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited