Memory Four

The Lost Memory

 “P-Pregnant? How can I? I’m a male… a male is not get pregnant” Sungmin shuttered, his eyes wide and his mouth was slightly opened due to the shock. He look around trying to find someone who will explain everything to him but he fail when he see that the Cho family too had the same reaction as him.

“Yes you are a male, Mr. Lee” the doctor said, “But not fully or should I say that you are a hermaphrodite. To be exact you are a male pseudo-hermaphrodite. You are a male but you have a secondary which is a female. Usually the parent who has a hermaphrodite child will do an operation to ‘get rid’ of the secondary but looking at the reaction you give to me, it give me a hint that you didn’t know anything about it”

“My parents passed away years ago” Sungmin said, there’s a hint of sadness on his voice, “So, I’m a half then?” the doctor nodded his head.

“The secondary has a slim chance to make itself ‘noticed’ it usually wouldn’t do much to your primary but I see that you are different. Even though that was the slimmest chance to the female part of yours to be ‘noticed’ and make it ‘appearance’ when you had with your spouse”

“So I’ll have a grandchild then?” Kyuhyun mother said, she mile just imagining it. Seeing his is-laws happy face, Sungmin smile and nodded his head.

“But…” the doctor continued; make then to look at him instantly, “Even though you have a female part but since you are a male there will be a high risk if you decide to keep the baby. The female part of yours wasn’t strong enough to keep the baby so the chance for miscarriage will be high especially when you are on your 5 until 9 months pregnant and there was a slim chance for you to survive if it happen, but that was your choice whether to keep the baby or not”

Sungmin look down at his feet. This was a difficult choice for him. He really want to keep the baby because it is his and Kyuhyun baby but hearing what the doctor said make him afraid. ‘Kyunie… what should I do…?’

“We’ll think about it” Kyuhyun father said, the doctor nodded his head before get up from his seat.

“But don’t take too long. I’ll wait for your good news, Mr. Lee” he said and leaving the room.

After the doctor go, the room is so quiet. No one talk about what just happen, everyone fall on their own thought. “Why don’t you just get rid of the baby?” four pair of eyes look at Kyuhyun figure who look back at them, “If it was just will make you suffer. Why don’t get rid of that?”

“Cho Kyuhyun! This is your baby that we are talking about!” Kyuhyun mother yelled.

“I never do it with him!! It impossible that I’ll do that!! The baby is not mine! Don’t say something ridiculous like that!! I will never had with him because I never lo––“ the sound of slap reverberating on the room.

Kyuhyun look at his side just to find that Ahra look at him dangerously, “You didn’t know everything! You have amnesia and you didn’t know what you had done with him! Hell!! Even you didn’t know who he is!!”

“I’m not amnesia!! I remember everything!!” he yelled back.

“I’LL KEEP THE BABY!!!” Sungmin shouted, make them to look at him, “This baby is not yours!! This is mine and Kyunie baby!!! This is the prove of our love!! I’ll keep the baby until my Kyunie is back!! I don’t care what will happen to me but I’ll make sure that the baby will meet its father!!” tears welled out from his eyes. Kyuhyun mother go to his side and hug him tight, “I want the baby, umma. I want Kyunie to see it” he muttered and hug her back. Kyuhyun mother just make a circle on his back while muttering comforting words to him. Kyuhyun look at them slightly. There was a hint of guilty after he hear Sungmin outburst but he decide to shake it off and keep the blank look on his face.

A figure was leaning on the wall outside Kyuhyun room, a smirk creep on the person face after hearing what had happen inside the room, “This is my chance then” the person look at the door before decide to come back to home.

 

***

 

An hour later, Kyuhyun parents go to the doctor room. At first, Sungmin insist to go with them but his body still feel so weak so they decide that it will be good if Sungmin is rest instead of going with them.

The doctor look up from the papers on his hand when he hear the door being opened. He smile warmly before letting them to sit on the seat in front of him. Kyuhyun mother tell him about Sungmin’s decision to keep the baby, the doctor look unpleasant with the decision but he quickly let it go, telling himself that it was his patient own decision and he can’t do anything to make him change his mind.

He quickly write something on a piece of paper and hand it to Kyuhyun parents, “This is some vitamin for Mr. Lee. It’ll keep him to adapt with the changes that will happen during the pregnancy, drink it after each meal, 3 times a day. And for the first tri-semester, let him to eat some soft food for breakfast because it’ll make him to digest it easier, let him to drink some water more, if it needed let him to drink in between his meal and not the food with strong smell, a lot of fat, fried and spicy because it’ll stimulate his morning sickness” Kyuhyun parents nodded their head signaling the doctor that they are understand with what he had said, “Seeing the high risk for his pregnancy, please don’t let him to move too much. Let him rest more, don’t let him to carry heavy things. Keep his mental health stable, don’t let him feel stressed or depressed because if he feel that way, it’ll make the baby stressed to and it will make the chance for miscarriage higher. And one more thing, if something happen to him you have to quickly bring him to the hospital” the doctor added.

“We’ll keep an eye on him from now on” Kyuhyun father said, “Doctor, is Sungmin have to be moved to the patient room for a good care?”

“Actually he has to. Even we already know what had happen to him but we still have to do some test on him and seeing that he is weaker than we thought it was better for him to be moved to the patient room”

“Doctor, please prepare a room for him. We’ll convince him to move to the patient room” the doctor call a nurse to prepare it for him before look back at Kyuhyun parents. “I’ll let you know if everything is ready” Kyuhyun parents nodded his head before excused themselves and head back to Kyuhyun room.

When they come back at Kyuhyun room, they see that Sungmin is still lying on the sofa with his back facing him. Kyuhyun mother approach him just to see that he was sleeping but she frowned when she see that there was a trail of tears on his cheek. She turn to look at her daughter who was glaring at Kyuhyun dangerously, “What had happen?”

“He insist to make Sungmin to abort the baby. Sungmin really upset and he cried until he exhausted himself and fall asleep”

They sigh hard and stay still until half an hour later, a nurse come in with a wheelchair. They wake Sungmin up and wheeled him to his own room. Ahra quickly follow him, sending a glare at Kyuhyun while walk away from the room.

Kyuhyun mother sit on the edge of the bed while his father is sitting on the sofa where Sungmin was lying a minute ago. His mother take his hand and make him to look at her, “Umma know that you are confused about everything that had happen right now, but please… umma beg to you don’t say something like that in front of Sungmin again. We are know that you love him, you just forgetting about him right now. He didn’t have anyone else beside of us here, his uncle and aunt was in Japan and his parent was passed away years ago. Umma and appa already promise to them that we’ll take care of Sungmin, even Ahra know about it, you too” Kyuhyun look at her with disbelieving look, “You don’t remember? Yeah… after coming to Seoul again after 8 years in Japan, you didn’t recognize him at all. And no, he’s pregnant, he is carrying your child even though you denying it but it’s the truth, if you still didn’t believe it we can do the DNA test to prove that. The risk of his pregnancy is so high, we have to keep his mental stable if it isn’t the baby would feel stressed too and the chance of miscarriage would be higher. Even though you are forgetting about him but umma beg to you once again, don’t make him feel stressed or depressed” Kyuhyun let go of her hand and look away from her. His mother look at his father with a pleading look, ‘It will be hard’ they thought.

 

***

 

Two weeks later, Kyuhyun could go home. During that two weeks nothing had changed, Sungmin has to be on the nursing care for three days and Seohyun will come from the morning until the night even when Sungmin wasn’t there she insist to accompany Kyuhyun during the night but Kyuhyun parents immediately refuse it.

A black car was parked in front of the Cho’s house, Sungmin get out from the car and quickly go to the backseat to take the wheelchair and help Kyuhyun to sit on it. Seohyun is walking on Kyuhyun side while holding on his hand tightly; Sungmin is behind them wheeling Kyuhyun inside the house. Kyuhyun mother opened the door, she frowned when she see their position. She was about to replacing Sungmin but he refuse it softly. She led them inside and go to Kyuhyun and Sungmin bedroom. Once again, Sungmin help Kyuhyun to lie down on his bed, he pile up a few pillows so Kyuhyun could sit comfortably. When he was about to sit beside him, Seohyun is already take the seat and tell him to go out. He refuse but seeing Kyuhyun look, he look down before walk out from the room.

The night come quickly, after eating his own dinner and his vitamin, Sungmin go to his and Kyuhyun shared room while holding a tray of food. He put it on the night stand, Seohyun take the food and start to feed him. After finish feeding him, Seohyun look at the clock and realize that it was already late, she bid goodbye and peck him on the lips and walk out of the room. Sungmin try so hard to hold back his tears when he see that in front of his eyes, it hurts so much to see his husband kissing someone else but he quickly cover it off with a small smile. “Do you want to sleep now, Kyunie?” he said sweetly. Kyuhyun jus nodded his head and Sungmin remove the pile up pillow leaving only one pillow and help him to lie down. Even though the doctor said that Kyuhyun is already healing but it still hard for him to move freely, he still need someone else to help him.

Sungmin go to the bathroom and take a long bath and go to their room with his pajama. He see that Kyuhyun is still awake, he smile to him, “Want me to massage you? You always ask me to do so if you can’t sleep”

“No” Sungmin nodded his head and was about to lie down beside his husband but Kyuhyun look at him with a cold look, “What are you doing?”

“Sleeping”

“Who said that you can sleep here?”

“But I always sleep in here, Kyunie…”

“Not for now on. Get out from my room!”

“But Kyunie––“

“I said GET OUT!!”

He sigh in defeat and slowly walk out from the room to the guest room in front of now Kyuhyun room. The tears that he hold minutes ago fall freely from his eyes, he lie down on the bed taking his knees up to his chest and hug it tight before fall into restless sleep.

 


 

wish me luck guys~~

tomorrow is a really big day for me

I will do a presentation for my research proposal tomorrow and it will be deciding whether I'll continue it or not

Hopefully I'll do it well *praying hard*

 

A/N:

First post at 12 July 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited