Memory Five

The Lost Memory

The sun hasn’t come out from its hideout but Sungmin is already wake up from his sleep. He stretched his body and look at the clock, it was still 5 in the morning, he turn to his side to see if his husband already awoken or not but saw that his side was empty, he look around the room trying to find him but suddenly he feel really confused when he realize that he wasn’t in his own room but then his face turn into a saddened look when he remember what had happen last night. He took a deep breath, trying to control himself not to crying again, it was so hard but he have to be strong… for Kyuhyun and for their baby… after regaining his control; he got up from the bed and walk to the bathroom.

He fill the bathtub with warm water. After the bathtub was full, he take off his clothes, place it on the nearby counter and slowly slid into the bathtub. He close his eyes and feel so relaxed when the warm water wash his body.

It was a day after his parent’s funeral, little Sungmin curled in his bed with tears falling from his doe eyes. He couldn’t stop the tears even if he want to, his heart is so hurt thinking that he was alone now. Sungmin hug his knee tighter when he hear the door to his room was opened and the sound of footstep approaching his bed. He buried his face to the pillow trying to hide his tears from anyone who come to his room. He feel the bed dipped and hands holding his and hug him tightly.

“Why are you crying, Min-ah…?” a deep but childlike voice ask him. Knowing who was holding him right now, Sungmin buried his face to that person shoulder. His muffled cries turn into sobbing as he hug that person tightly. “Hey…” that person say softly.

“K-Kyu…” that person was Kyuhyun, his best friend. Since yesterday, Sungmin was living with Kyuhyun family. Kyuhyun family didn’t want Sungmin to live alone at his own house especially after what had happened to his parents.

“Why did you cry?”

“I-I’m afraid… umma and appa was gone… I’m afraid, Kyu… I don’t want to be alone…”

“Hey… you have my family… you have me. You are not alone Min-ah…”

“B-But Kyu…”

Kyuhyun pull Sungmin from his and look at his eyes, “Ne… let’s make a promise” seeing the confused look on that teary eyes, Kyuhyun continued, “Let’s make a promise that we will be together forever”

“Promise?” Sungmin held out his pinky.

“Promise” and soon Kyuhyun laced his and press their thumb together.

Day after day with Kyuhyun help, Sungmin become the old Sungmin. The cheerful and lovable Sungmin. But 2 months later, Kyuhyun mother told them that Sungmin aunt and uncle who live in Japan would come and ask Sungmin to live with them. Sungmin refuse it, even when his aunt come and ask him personally. They persuaded him with candy and toys, his aunt even begging to him while hug him tightly but Sungmin still refused, he didn’t want to leave Kyuhyun. He didn’t want to be separated from him.

They go to the airport with the teary eyed Sungmin and Kyuhyun family behind them. When they were arrived at the gate, Sungmin didn’t want to let go of Kyuhyun arms. He hug his arms tightly, making Kyuhyun flinched slightly because Sungmin’s hold was too tight. Kyuhyun look at his parents who look back at him, “I’ll talk to him” Kyuhyun brought him aside, not too far away from his parents but far enough so they wouldn’t hear what he will say. “Sungmin-ah… let’s change our promise”

Sungmin look at Kyuhyun, tears start to fall from his eyes, “Kyunie didn’t want to be with Sungmin forever?”

“No… it’s not like that. I want to be with you forever but your aunt want you to go with her… she really love you… she really care about you. You wouldn’t live alone even though I’m not with you”

Hearing that, Sungmin tears fall like a waterfall, “But Sungmin want to be with Kyunie…”

“Here… here… Min-ah… listen to me” Kyuhyun hold Sungmin chin and make him to look at his eyes. “Because of that, let’s change our promise. You’ll go with your aunt…” Sungmin shake his head, meaning that he don’t agree with Kyuhyun decision, “… and I’ll work hard from now on, I’ll work hard to make a lot of money for us and when we are grown up… I’ll promise you that I’ll marry you so we wouldn’t be separated again and we’ll be together forever”

“Promise?

“I promise” Kyuhyun kiss Sungmin on the forehead and the promise was sealed.

Sungmin open his eyes and look at the wedding ring on his wedding finger. He touch it, biting his lips holding the tears that was about to fall from his eyes. That promise… he remember it like it was happened yesterday. That promise which make him survive to live away from Kyuhyun. He remember when he was come back to Seoul after 8 years live in Japan, he has to hold his disappointment when Kyuhyun didn’t remember him at all.

Sungmin walk out from the airport and immediately got into a taxi. He feel so happy today, finally after being apart for 8 years, he can meet Kyuhyun again. He always imagined the grown up Kyuhyun; he must be really handsome and really nice too, and every time he imagine that, he always blushing because of embarrassed. Sungmin told the driver the address of Kyuhyun’s house, he already tell Kyuhyun mother that he will stay in Korea and she insist that he have to stay with them.

When he arrived at Kyuhyun house, his heart beating so fast. He hold his bag tightly, his hands was sweating but he was so excited to meet Kyuhyun again. He rang the bell and in no time, the door was opened, revealing Kyuhyun mother who smile happily after she saw him.

“Sungmin-ah… finally you arrive… I was waiting for you” she let him come in and they sit on the family room. “I thought you are lost”

“No auntie… my flight was delayed due to the bad weather”

“How are you?”

“I’m fine auntie… how are you?”

“We’re fine” Sungmin look around, trying to find someone that he want to really want to see. “Kyuhyun was still on campus, he hasn’t come back yet. Maybe in an hour or so” Sungmin nodded his head, “So… how is Japan?”

Sungmin told her about everything, his live in Japan and how much he miss Korea. After an hour, Kyuhyun walk into the house. Sungmin was so amazed seeing how Kyuhyun was changed after 8 years, and truthfully he is more handsome than when he was a kid, but it’s not that the kid Kyuhyun was ugly... he was handsome too but the grown up Kyuhyun was more handsome.

“Kyuhyun-ah, come here” Kyuhyun look at them and approach them, he smile when his eyes meet Sungmin’s. After seeing Kyuhyun smile at him like that Sungmin’s heart was beating a hundred times faster than before. “Look who is coming today?”

Kyuhyun look at him, his face frowned as if trying to remember but failed, “Who?” Sungmin heart sink after he hear that but he try to keep the small smile on his face.

“You don’t remember?” Kyuhyun shake his head and frown slightly, “Um… well, this is Sungmin. He will stay with us until he graduated from college. He is your friend when you are a kid”

Kyuhyun held out his hand, “Ah… sorry, I’m Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you, Sungmin-ssi”

Seeing the hand in front of him, Sungmin shake it and smile “Hello Kyuhyun-ssi… My name is Sungmin. Nice to meet you too”

Truthfully, on that day Sungmin feel so hurt. It was like someone is hold his heart and throw it harshly. But after a few months, finally he can make Kyuhyun to remember him again.

“Sungmin-ah… can we talk?” Kyuhyun knocked on Sungmin’s door.

“Come in, Kyu” Sungmin said from the inside. The door opened, Kyuhyun walk into the room and sit on the bed beside Sungmin. Sungmin waiting for Kyuhyun to talk but Kyuhyun just sit there with a troubled look which make Sungmin worried about him, “Kyu… what happened?”

“Sungmin-ah… do you remember about… our promise?” he suddenly asked. Sungmin was taken aback because of that, Kyuhyun never talk about their little promise since he come to this house, and now when he is starting to talk about it, Sungmin didn’t know what he really want to say.

‘Did Kyuhyun didn’t care about that promise anymore?’ a part of Sungmin’s said. ‘Of course he didn’t care about it anymore… you are a grown up… that was just some game for a kid’ the other of him said. ‘But it was a promise… even though we are still a kid that time a promise is still a promise, right?’ the first him said again.

“Y-Yes…” he slowly answered.

“Glad that you still remember about it. I’m sorry that I forgetting our promise…”

“I-It’s okay…”

“Did you still want that?”

“Huh?”

“Our promise… did you still want that?” Sungmin nodded his head slowly, “Okay then… we can start from now…” Sungmin give him a confused look. “Did you know, since we first meet… ah no… I mean when you come to my house a few months back. I always feel that there was something different about you, something that pull me to you. And since that day, I can’t take my eyes from you. After I remember about our past, finally I know why I was like that. I love you, Lee Sungmin…” Sungmin look at him, surprised, “I love you…”

“B-But… how about Seohyun…?”

“I’ll talk to her later, I’ll make her understand. I don’t want to date you on her back; it will hurt her more… so…”

Sungmin look at Kyuhyun on the eyes before smile brightly, “I love you too, Kyunie…”

Sungmin smile remembering that but then it turn into a frown. ‘Can I do that again? Can I make him remember about me again?’ he shake his head hard, trying to erase that thought, “No!! I can’t think like that… he will remember about me and about us… he will!! Especially now… when we were about to have a baby…” he look at his still flat belly and caress it with a smile on his face, “Umma will make appa remember about us, baby… and then we will be together forever…”

 

***

 

After done taking a bath, Sungmin go to the kitchen and found that no one was there. He look at the clock and see that it was still 07.30 in the morning. He sighed, of course… it was still too early to wake up. He rummage the refrigerator and try to find something for breakfast. After collect everything that he need, he start to cook.

“Sungmin-ah…” he look up from what he was doing and find his mother in-law standing on the kitchen doorway. She approach him and hold his hand, “What are you doing early in the morning?” she said softly.

“I wake up too early and I decide to make some breakfast for everyone…”

“Did you sleep well? You look a paler” she said worriedly, brushing his hair that fall to his face.

“I’m fine umma… maybe just a little tired, that’s all”

“What are you making?”

“Scramble egg and toast”

She hold his hand, letting go of the bowl that he was holding and bring him to the dining room. “Sit here” she said and make him sit, “I’ll do the rest”

“But umma––“

“I don’t want anything happen to you; Sungmin-ah… the risk of your pregnancy is so big. You don’t want to lose your baby, do you?” Sungmin nodded his head slowly. “So… just sit here and I’ll cook” he nodded and sit quietly.

After an hour, he can see that the toast was done. He look at his mother who was busy preparing to make the scramble egg, “Umma… is there something that I can help?”

“Just sit there, Sungmin-ah… I can handle it” and she continue to cook.

Sungmin sit there and watch carefully, suddenly he felt so helpless just sitting on the chair like that while her in-law was busy making breakfast for the other. But, if he go there and help her, he is sure that she’ll mad at him, so he just following what she want.

“Morning…” he look at his side and found his father in-law sitting on the chair across him. He smile at him and greet back.

A minute later, his sister in-law was there and they was chatting, waiting for the food to be done. They are stop chatting when they hear a slow footstep from the hallway. Sungmin quickly got up from his seat, knowing who is the last person that live in that house. His guess was right when he saw Kyuhyun walking slowly while holding to the wall. He rushed to his side and put Kyuhyun’s arm on his shoulder, supporting him.

“You shouldn’t get up from your bed. If you are hungry, I can bring your breakfast to your room” he said slowly.

Kyuhyun let go of his hand and leaning on the wall, “Cih, I’m not that sick you know… you don’t have to bring it to my room because I can take it myself” he try to walk but Sungmin see that he was flinching slightly.

He rushed to his side and supporting him once again, “At least let me help you” Kyuhyun look at him and he see that Sungmin was looking at his stubbornly, he ch-ed but let Sungmin to help him to the dining room.

Once they arrived at the dining room, the other was surprised to see Kyuhyun was walking in with Sungmin’s help and sit on the chair beside him. “What are you doing here, Kyuhyun? You shouldn’t wake up from your bed”

“I’m fine appa. I’m fully healed” Kyuhyun said stubbornly.

“Breakfast here…” Kyuhyun mother place the breakfast in front of them, she look surprised when she saw Kyuhyun was there.

“I’m fine, umma…”

She just smile and pat her back, “It’s okay if you say so” she sit beside him and handed her husband his plate.

Sungmin place his plate in front of Kyuhyun who look at him confusedly, but he just smile and tell him that he’ll take his food from the kitchen. He go there and come back again in a few minutes. He sit again on his seat and start to eat but in the middle of his breakfast, his stomach pump it up again. He dashed to the bathroom and throw up what he was just ear earlier. Kyuhyun mother follow after him and stoke his back, trying to soothing him and after a few minutes, the puke was down. He was leaning on the toilet, Kyuhyun mother make him lean on her and brushed his lips with wet towel.

“Are you okay?” she ask worriedly.

He just nodded his head and closed his eyes, “I guess scramble egg was a bad idea”

 

***

 

“Good afternoon…” Seohyun found that the door was slightly opened and decide to just come in. She walk in and found that Kyuhyun was sitting on the couch in the family room. “Kyuhyun-oppa… shouldn’t you stay on your bed?”

Kyuhyun look up from his reading, his smile wider when he see who is coming, “Ah, Seohyun-ah… come in…” she take a seat beside him, “It’s okay… I’m fully healed you know, it just that everyone was over worried about me”

“It’s not like that oppa…” she said sweetly, “I just care about you. That accident was really shocked me, I don’t want to see you hurt again, because it hurt me too. It hurt to see you lying on the bed like that, with bandage all over you body, I can’t see you like that. I don’t want to see you like that ever again” she said with a tears that welling on her eyes.

“I’m sorry for make you worried, Seohyun-ah…” Kyuhyun look at her in the eyes, he wipe the tears away and smile at her then he started to eliminate the distance between them. Seohyun feel so nervous when she saw that Kyuhyun face was just inches away from her, she lean forward and close her eyes when she feel Kyuhyun lips on her.

“Kyuhyun-ah… this is your––“ Sungmin nearly drop the tray he was holding when he saw what had happen. Kyuhyun broke the kiss and look at Sungmin, Seohyun glare at him as if telling him to go away. Tears are welling on Sungmin’s eyes but he try so hard to prevent it to fall from his eyes, he didn’t want to cry in front of Kyuhyun. he didn’t want to cry in front of Seouhyun because it’ll make her feel victorious and he didn’t want that, “I-I t-think I’ll c-comeback again later” he shuttered and walk away.

Seohyun look at him, her eyes is full of hate and look at Kyuhyun sweetly, “Oppa… what is he doing here?” she whined, “I don’t like him… he always try to take you away from me. Didn’t he know that we love each other?”

“Seohyun-ah… I love you and that will never change, okay… I don’t know what he is doing here either, but my family seems to like him”

“You like him too, oppa?” she look at him hopelessly.

Kyuhyun her cheek and give her a reassuring smile, “No… you don’t have to worry about it, because I’ll never like him. He is so annoying” his smile turn into a frown when he said that.

Seohyun smirked slightly when she hear it, “Ne, oppa… how about we get him out of this house. He will never bothered you again, and I don’t have to be worried that he’ll take you away from me”

“I don’t know Seohyun-ah… but it think it will be hard” Seohyun pouted her lips, looking so disappointed with Kyuhyun’s answer, “Hey… but I promise he’ll never take me away from you because I really love you”

Seohyun nodded her head and hug Kyuhyun tight, ‘Even though I can’t make you go away from this house but you will see Lee Sungmin… I’ll make sure that your life would be like a hell’ she smirked before peck Kyuhyun on the lips and smile sweetly at him.

 


 

A/N:

First post at 10 October 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited