Memory Nine

The Lost Memory

“Hello” Seohyun walk into the dining room where Kyuhyun and his mother were enjoying their breakfast. Ahra and Kyuhyun’s father were gone to the business trip since a week ago, so they are not hope to enjoy the breakfast together. Seohyun walk closer to Kyuhyun and kiss his cheek lovingly. She pointed at the chair beside Kyuhyun and blink her eyes slowly and titling her head, “Can I sit here?” she ask with a cute voice.

“Sure” Kyuhyun mother said, “You want to eat breakfast with us?” she offered, ready to go to the kitchen to prepare a meal for her.

“Uh… thank you auntie… I already eat before I got here” she said as sweet as possible, brushing some strand of her hair before she look at Kyuhyun who was enjoying his breakfast quietly, “Oppa… where did you go last night?” she whined, holding Kyuhyun’s right arm with the both of her hands, “I was here waiting for you for hours”

Kyuhyun was about to answer her question when he hear her mother coughed, trying to get their attention, “Maybe I should leave you two alone… I will bring Sungmin breakfast, ne?” she said.

“Umma…” Kyuhyun said when he see her pick up the tray, “I think you shouldn’t wake him up yet. He really look exhausted yesterday. Maybe you could give him a few more minutes?”

“Ah… okay… well I’ll leave you two alone. I have some things to do before I wake him up from his sleep” she said and leave them alone on the dining room.

Seeing her walk out from the dining room, Seohyun quickly pull her chair closer to Kyuhyun’s side and hold his hand tightly, “Where did you go yesterday, oppa?”

“I go with Sungmin…” Seohyun was really shocked when she hear it, gasp could be heard from her, “He never go out since the accident happen and I think it will make him better… you know what happen when he has his morning sickness a few days ago, right?” she nodded her head, “Yeah… me and umma think that he need fresh air… and me”

Her eyes widen when she hear his explanation. She shakes Kyuhyun’s hand to make him to look at her direction, “Oppa… don’t tell me that––“

“I already know the truth, Seohyun… even if I didn’t remember them but I already know that he was my wife and the baby was mine. I think it was unfair for me to treat him like I used to months ago”

“But oppa… you know that he was really want to have you. Maybe he manipulates it all, oppa. You still don’t remember about your past, right? He used this to make you feel guilty and after that he will make you leave me”

“Seohyun… I know he didn’t manipulating it all… I even watch a video about me and him. It will be hard for him to manipulating a video… even an expert would meet some difficulty to make a fake video”

“But oppa… he––“

“Why are you always make him look so bad in front of me, Seo? I spend my time with him yesterday and I think he was a good person”

“I do it because I love you, oppa… I don’t want him to take you away from me!”

“I know you love me, Seo… … but he was still my wife and I can’t just ignored him, right? He has my baby…”

“You can told him to abort it, right? You can have baby with me! I’m a woman and I can pregnant with your child!!”

“Seohyun!”

“He will use the baby to take you away from me!! And I don’t want it to happen again!! He already take you away from me in the past!! I love you and I know you do!” she yelled, Kyuhyun explanation make her really upset. Tears start to fall from her eyes, “I don’t want it to happen again oppa… I don’t…” she sobbed. Seeing her like this make Kyuhyun guilty. He pull her towards him and hug her tight. After a few minutes, her sob subsided.

“Seohyun-ah…” Kyuhyun call her softly, “You say that Sungmin take me away from you in the past. What does it mean?”

Her eyes widen, she muttering some curses in her mind, ’! How could it slip from my lips!! With the video he had, he will believe that Sungmin and him was in love now… oh… Seohyun… you need to find some excuse!!! Something!!! Something to make him believe in you again!!!’

“Seo?”

“Your mother didn’t like me…” she started, looking to her lap to make it more dramatic, “She always think that I was too spoiled. When you introduce me to her, she said that I couldn’t be your future wife if I still be a spoiled brat. And on that time, Sungmin come… he has everything that I don’t have. Your mother really like him since the first time she meet him, even he can impressed your father and your sister. I feel so small in front of him. He always do something to impressed your family and they always like it. I know he was fallen in love with you, oppa… I know it from his eyes and with your family’s support, he can be so close with you… your family force you to break up with me and be with him… and being a good son… you did it…”

“So I break up with you?”

Seohyun nodded her head, “Ever since that day, your family forbid us to meet”

“My family forbid us to meet?”

“I know it was weird. They never tell us to do that but after Sungmin come… they forbid us to meet. Even if they didn’t like me but I know… they will accept me if I can be less spoiled but it was different after he came… it seems like he was doing everything to make you see him… to make your family support him and at the end, he success… your parents make us break up”

Kyuhyun was stay still; he was so confused now… what should he do now? Seohyun story seems so real but on the other side… in his heart he still couldn’t believe that Sungmin was that cruel to make him break up with her.

“Oppa…” her voice pull him from his thought, “I know you are so confused now… but you have to believe me… I really love you… I wouldn’t tell you some lies just to make you come back with me… I’m not that cruel… I will be happy if you are happy, oppa…”

Kyuhyun hug her tightly, “I’m sorry, Seo…”

“It’s okay, oppa… it’s okay…” she tighten his hug onto him, a smirk creep up on her face before she buried her face on Kyuhyun shoulder.

 

***

 

When Sungmin woke up that day, he realize that he was sleeping on his room. He sit up slowly and lean on the bed board. ‘Kyuhyun must be carry me yesterday’ he smile when he remember what they did yesterday. He was happy… really happy… Kyuhyun was willing to take care of him… he even fulfill his weird wish. His slim hands gently rubbing the bump on his belly, “Chagi-ah… did you feel happy? Appa taking care of us… he even fulfill our wish…” he muttered slightly, “Umma feel so happy… can you feel it too?” he chuckled slightly, “Of course you can… you are in my belly” then his stomach grumble loudly, make Sungmin have to put his hand to his mouth, embarrassed, “Are you hungry, chagi-ah? Okay… let’s eat…” he got up from his bed and walk out from his room.

When he reach the dining room, he see Kyuhyun was there… with Seohyun by his side. Sungmin didn’t know what to do… if Kyuhyun was sitting there alone, he would be hugging him and wish him a good morning but Seohyun was there… technically, she was his girlfriend now… Sungmin was about to leave the room when he hear Kyuhyun call him. He pull out his best smile and bow slightly, “Morning…” Kyuhyun just nodded his head and back to his breakfast while Seohyun was just glaring at him boldly.

Seeing Kyuhyun just ignore him like that make him feel so confused. Yesterday, Kyuhyun was taking care of him, loving him and make him happy… but now it was like you just get up from your nice dream and make you have to face the reality. Sungmin try his best not to cry and keep the smile that was plastered on his face, ‘Maybe he was like this because Seohyun was here… I have to keep my faith on him’ he thought. He approach the dining table and sit in front of Kyuhyun, he take some rice to his bowl and was about to eat when he hear Seohyun said something, “We never give you permission to eat with us! Che… that was so rude you know… did your parents never tell you that?” Sungmin eyes widen when he hear that, “Oh… I forget that you don’t have parents…” she said mockingly.

Sungmin can feel that his eyes were teary. Nobody ever mocking him by using his parents like that… he try so hard to keep the tears but it was a fail. He got up from his seat and leave the room hurriedly and he bump into someone, “You okay?” that person said.

“I-I’m fine u-umma… I-I need to go to my room” he said and run from her sight.

She look at the two person in front of her. She know what happened, she can hear them all. Even when Seohyun was start to tell Kyuhyun about his past. Don’t get her wrong, she didn’t like to overhear what happened but Seohyun voice was loud enough to make her hear it even when she was on the other room. She sigh hard and sit in front of them, “I think you should go home, Seohyun-ah… it’s not that I don’t like you being here but I think that I just have to talk to Kyuhyun about something”

Seohyun wrinkled her nose, she got up and kiss Kyuhyun cheek, “I think I go home now oppa… let’s get out later?”

Kyuhyun nodded his head and kiss her back, “I’ll pick you up at twelve, okay? Be careful” she nodded her head and get out of the room.  Kyuhyun get up from his seat and bring his bowl to the sink.

Kyuhyun was about to get out when he hear his mother call him, “Kyuhyun… I need to talk to you” he look at her lazily before sit in front of him. “I hear what she said to you before” she started.

“And I know that she was right when you ask her to go home”

“It’s not like that, Kyuhyun… I just need to talk to you. Without her to mess up your mind again” she said softly, looking at his son eyes. “I know you wouldn’t believe me now… you didn’t believe in me too when I said that Sungmin was your wife but now you know that I’m not telling you lies, right?”

“Yes. You’re not, umma… but you make me broke up with her and be with Sungmin. No… it’s not like that. Sungmin was the one who make me broke up with her. I never think that he was a cruel person until I hear it from Seohyun”

Hearing this, Kyuhyun mother feel so frustrated, she know that Seohyun make a bad influence for her son but on the other hand she cannot just tell her to go away because she know Seohyun wouldn’t do that. She rub her forehead slightly before look at Kyuhyun in the eyes, “I don’t know how to make you believe in me but I need to tell you that Sungmin is not a cruel person, he is a good person… a really good person… I know that you know it too… you spend your time with him yesterday. But if that can’t make you believe in me… sigh… just trust your heart, Kyuhyun… trust it… because deep inside your heart, you know everything… about Sungmin, Seohyun and your past… and it will lead you to the right side” she pat his shoulder and leaving Kyuhyun on his own thought.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun POV

I laid my body on my bed. It was still early in the morning and I already feel more confused than ever!! Sigh… I don’t know what to do… I don’t know if I should believe Seohyun words… I don’t know if I should believe in umma… I don’t know…

I clutched the sheet under me. I feel so frustrated… oh God… what should I do now… should I ignore Sungmin? Or should I treat him like I never hear Seohyun words? But… if umma was right, it will make him depressed and maybe it will hurt the baby… but on the other hand, Seohyun didn’t like it if I was with him… Oh God!!! If I can remember it all!!! I wouldn’t feel so confused!!!! I look up at ceiling and close my eyes when I feel my head hurts.

“Kyunie…” I hear someone whispered from my right. I open my eyes and look around. My eyes widen when I realize that I wasn’t in my room… I was in some field with a lot of flower around me. “Kyunie…” I look around but no one was here. Suddenly someone in white standing not too far away from me, his face was blurred but I know that he was smiling at me. He turn around and start to walk away.

“Hey!!” I called, hoping that he will stop and tell me where is it but he didn’t… he keep walking away from me. I move my feet, trying to catch him up but it seems that he was walking so fast until I have to run to catch him, “Hey!! Wait!!” I yelled again.

I couldn’t run again… my body feel really tired as I stop to catch my breath but then I feel someone caressing my cheek. I look up and see that boy standing in front of me. His soft hand was caressing my cheek lovingly but even if he was standing so close to me, I still couldn’t see his face.

“Kyunie… please… remember me…” that person said, he smile sadly at me before a white light blinding me.

I open my eyes slowly and look around; I was still on my room. So… what was that earlier? And who was that person? I try to recall what’s in my dream… I’m sure there was someone… but it wasn’t Seohyun… I even sure that it was a boy… is it Sungmin? I ruffled my hair, suddenly feeling frustrated. I get up from my bed; maybe a long bath can make me more relaxed? I turn on the water and strip my clothes. I got into the bathtub and closing my eyes, feeling the warm water on my body make me more relax… after I feel the water got colder, I get up. I get out of the bathroom, dress myself and get out of my room. I get my car key and go to garage.

I look at my watch, it was still eleven, I promise Seohyun to pick her at twelve. Sigh… it’s better to come earlier than late, right? Beside I don’t want to be in home where I could meet Sungmin every time. I still don’t know how to act in front of him. Sigh… it will be hard…

I texted her when I arrive at her place, it still 30 minutes early than our meeting time. “Why didn’t you tell me that you will come early?” Seohyun said when she get into my car.

“Sigh… I don’t feel like staying at home right now…”

She hold my hand and squeeze it lightly, “Let’s have fun, ne? You don’t have to think about your past anymore, oppa… we can make some memories for us from now on”

I look at her and give her a reassuring smile, “Where do you want to go now?”

“Well… maybe we can get some lunch…” I started the car and drive to my favorite restaurant. When I park my car, I can see that she look at me confusedly, “Why are we here?”

“Lunch”

“But it wasn’t our favorite place” she whined, looking at me with her big eyes.

I look at her confusedly, if it was my favorite restaurant, it would make me take her to eat here every time we go out, right? So why it wasn’t our favorite place? Sigh… maybe it was just some unlucky guess... “Well, I’m sorry then, Seo… but we already here… why don’t we eat here today, hm?” she sighed before nodded her head.

When we get in, we quickly take a seat near the window. The waitress come and give us the menu. I quickly order for the usual. After taking our orders, the waitress go. “Oppa…” I look at her, “I think I need to go to the toilet?” she said unsure. I nodded my head and she walk away.

I look around the restaurant. I feel that I always taking her with me to eat in here but why she was so confused when we arrive earlier? The waitress here too seems to know me, she even know when I tell her my order. Well… even if I just said ‘the usual’ but she understand what I mean. I look at the corner of the room, at the table near the window. It was empty but I don’t know why I feel that I always sitting there… with someone…

“Mr. Cho?” I look up and find the waitress standing beside me, she smile when I finally look at her, “This is your order… ice cappuccino without a float, right?” I nodded my head. She excused herself and go back to her works.

See? She even know my name and my favorite. It means that I always eat in here but with who?? I look back at the empty table in the corner of the room. Unconsciously a smile creep out to my face when I started to hear someone laughing…

 

***

 

Sungmin was laughing slightly seeing his boyfriend silly face. Why not? He has an ice cream on his nose making him to look like a deer, “You look funny, Kyu…” Kyuhyun huffed before take some tissue. He was about to wipe the ice but Sungmin hold his hand, “No… you have to order with that on you”

“Minnie… you are so cruel… it’s embarrassing…”

“But~~ you fail at the bet… you said that you can buy ice cream for me in 3 minutes… but you are 15 seconds late, Kyu”

“But Minnie~”

“I’ll give you some reward if you can do that”

“What?”

“It a secret. I’ll tell you when you completed your mission” he said softly. Kyuhyun give up and call for the waiter. When the waiter come to their table, he was trying so hard to hold his laughed. Kyuhyun quickly tell him their order. Sungmin laughed again after the waiter take their order and go. “You have to see your face, Kyu… it’s really funny… you have to do it again sometime”

“Yes… yes… anything for you baby… so, where’s my reward now?”

Sungmin hold his hand in font of Kyuhyun eyes, “Close your eyes, Kyunie… and don’t peek”

Kyuhyun do like what he was told, he close his eyes and smile slightly when he feel Sungmin breath in front of him, then he can feel Sungmin his nose and trailed down and kiss him on the lips. Kyuhyun quickly bring his hand to Sungmin neck and start to dominate the kiss. After a few minutes, they broke the kiss. Kyuhyun open his eyes just to find Sungmin was panting slightly on his seat, he smirked when he see his works, “I’ll do it every day if you will it up from my nose and kiss me in the end”

Sungmin huffed and pout his lips, “It was supposed to be a quick peck on the lips… not a make out, Kyu”

“But you like it, right?” Sungmin face blushed slightly; make Kyuhyun to smile wider, “Love you Min…”

Sungmin look at him and give Kyuhyun his brightest smile, “Love you too, Kyunie…”

 

***

 

“Oppa!” Seohyun voice startled me. I see her waving her hands in front of my face, “Are you okay, oppa? I call you for a few times but you seems not hearing it” I look at the table near the window but no one was there, “Oppa…”

I look at her before force a small smile on my face, “It’s nothing, Seo… I’m okay”

“Oh… well, Oppa… I really like this place” she laughed, “I’m sorry that I mad at you when we got here” so she mad at me earlier? Sigh… “But really, oppa… why you never bring me here?”

“Uh? Well… I just found this place a few days ago. I think this place was so nice so I decide to bring you here today… I’m glad that you like it” Why am I lying to her?

She smile at me. A few minutes later, our order come… she smile at the waiter and muttered a thank you. “Let’s eat oppa…” she said, taking the spoon and fork and begin to eat. I keep looking at her but then the image change; it was Sungmin who was eating in front of him. He look at me and pouted cutely, I can’t help but smiling but he just pout more and continue eating his food. “Oppa!” that voice once again startled me; I shake my head and look at the seat in front of me. Seohyun was looking at me confused, waving her hand lightly, “Why don’t you eat, oppa?”

“O-Oh… okay…” I take my spoon and start to eat. Why I keep thinking about Sungmin?

 

***

 

I park my car in garage. Going out with Seohyun today didn’t make me feel better… I always see Sungmin in every place. Sigh… it confuse me… I want to believe what Seohyun said earlier but on the other side… I can’t trust it. Who should I trust? Sungmin or Seohyun?

“Kyunie… please… remember me…”

I ruffled my hair in frustration. I get out from the car and close the car’s door loudly. I walk into the house and go upstairs. When I walk across Sungmin room, I stopped. I look at the close door and approach it. I bring my hand to knock but stop midway. What if he already asleep? I turn around and stop again… I want to see him… but if he was sleeping, I will wake him up and it’s not good for the baby.

I sigh hard. Walking away from his room to my room but then I hear a loud thud from his room. It make me scared, I couldn’t move my feet for a while. What had happened? Is he okay? Is the baby okay? What if he was hurting? I keep asking on my mind, I try to move my feet and after a few try, it works. I quickly run to his room and open the door. What I see make me feel more scared. Sungmin was lying on the floor, clutching his stomach tightly. He bit his lips trying to muffled his cries. “Sungmin!” I run to him, holding his body. Let him to lean on my body, “Sungmin… are you okay…?” I couldn’t hide my panic anymore, he was in pain and it make me terrified...

He open his eyes tightly, his other hand clutched onto mine tightly. Sweat was soaking his body, sobs come from his lips and tears already fall from his eyes. He was in so much pain… “I-It hu-hurts…” he gasp loudly.

“Minnie… Minnie-ah…” I hold his body to mine. I try to calm him but it seems no use. He keep sobbing and holding into my hand tight until it hurts, but I don’t care about it right now. Sungmin is the only one in my mind right now.

“I-It hu-hurts K-Kyu… i-it hu-hurts…”

“Minnie-ah… please calm… Minnie…” I panicked. I couldn’t think straight. What should I do? Sungmin was in pain… and it hurts me too… what should I do? Think Kyuhyun!! Think!! But then I feel his grip loosen and his body went limp, “Sungmin-ah…” I try to call him, “Sungmin-ah…” but he didn’t budge at all, “U-Umma!!!”

 


 

A/N:

First post at 3rd December 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Edited