Memory Seven

The Lost Memory

Sungmin open his eyes slowly and look around the room. He try to sit up but he feel really weak, so he just laying there waiting for someone to come and help him. He look at the doorway when he hear the door opened, his eyes widened slightly when he see Kyuhyun come in with a tray on his hand.

“You already wake up?” he said and put the tray on the nightstand, “How are you feeling? Did you feel nausea or something?” he sit on the chair beside the bed, looking at Sungmin with a worried look.

“I’m fine… but I want to go to the toilet” there was a red tint on his face, he feel so shy because Kyuhyun never talk to him like this in these 4 months and here he is, talking to him like the old Kyuhyun.

“Did you feel like throwing up again?” Sungmin shake his head, his face become more flushed, “Ah… I understand… here let me help you. I’m sure that you feel so weak after what had happen earlier”

Kyuhyun help Sungmin to get up from his bed but then Sungmin couldn’t stand straight; his entire body feel really weak and his legs feel like jelly causing him to fall to Kyuhyun’s body, “Sorry…” Sungmin whispered, leaning on Kyuhyun board chest.

“Nah… it’s okay” he then put his hand on Sungmin back and knees and carry him. Sungmin face was really red right now; it was the first time Kyuhyun carry him since the accident. Kyuhyun then help him to sit on the toilet, “I’ll wait outside. If you need my help just tell me, okay?” Sungmin nodded his head, Kyuhyun smile slightly at him and walk out of the room giving some privacy for Sungmin.

A few minutes later, once again Kyuhyun carry Sungmin to his bed. He pile up some pillow and help Sungmin to sit on the bed, “Here… umma cook some porridge for you, she tell me that you have to eat soft food now. She just didn’t want you to throwing up again and your vitamin was on the tray along with your drink” Kyuhyun handed Sungmin the bowl and was about to get up but Sungmin hold his hand.

“Uumm… I-I don’t want to be alone” he said looking at his feet, “C-Could you stay here and accompany me?”

Kyuhyun look at Sungmin who didn’t look back at him. He feel so complicated. He didn’t know if he should stay or not.

“I don’t want to be alone, Kyunie… there’s a lot of thunder… I’m scared…”

“Don’t worry, Minnie… I’ll protect you”

Kyuhyun shake his head, feeling slightly dizzy. He look at Sungmin and then his mind go to that sudden memory. ‘Is that Sungmin… and me?’

“I-It’s okay i-if you don’t want to, I-I understand…” Kyuhyun look at Sungmin who just looking at the bowl on his hand, his hand was shaking and he can tell that Sungmin was trying to block the tears.

“It’s okay, I’ll stay” Sungmin look at him with widened eyes, his eyes was teary which make Kyuhyun’s heart hurt when he see that. He wipe the tears away and look at him with a small smile on his face, “I’ll stay if you promise me that you will eat the porridge”

Sungmin nodded his head then eat his porridge while his other hand was holding Kyuhyun’s to make sure that it wasn’t just his imagination. He smile slightly every time he tightened his hold and Kyuhyun’s hand was still there and somehow it bring a small smile to creep on Kyuhyun face.

A few minutes later, the bowl was empty. Kyuhyun take it from Sungmin’s hand and handed him 2 capsules of vitamin and a glass of water. Sungmin drink it but then cough up, Kyuhyun quickly go to his side and pat his back, “Don’t drink it too quick…” he continue to pat his back but the cough didn’t stop. Sungmin hold his hand to his face, knowing the signal, Kyuhyun quickly carry Sungmin to the bathroom and sit him beside the toilet bowl. Just like a cue, he throwing up. Kyuhyun keep rubbing his back and whispering some comforting words. A few minutes later, it stopped. Sungmin leaning on Kyuhyun and close his eyes, “You okay?” he nodded his head tiredly. Kyuhyun brushed Sungmin lips with a washcloth and lift him up to the bedroom.

He laid him in the bed and give him a glass of water.  “You sure that you are okay? I can call the doctor if you didn’t feel well” Kyuhyun look at him worriedly.

Sungmin open his tired eyes and looking at Kyuhyun. He smile when he see Kyuhyun worried face, “I’m okay…” he hold Kyuhyun hand tightly, reassuring him, “The baby just feel too happy when it see that it’s father was here”

 

Kyuhyun POV

That matter again… I look at Sungmin who are now closing his eyes again. First umma and now Sungmin… am I really the baby father? But Seohyun said that–– wait… could I still trust her? She seems so mad if I’m with Sungmin… and the picture… the wedding picture… he wouldn’t manipulate it, right?

“Sungmin…”

“Hm?”

“About the baby…. Am I really it’s father?” I said carefully. I don’t want him to feel offended but I have to make sure who was telling me the truth and who was lying to me.

Sungmin opened his eyes and sighed hard, is he feel offended because of my question? But then he look at me and take my hand, guided it to his belly. “Kyuhyun-ah… did you feel the baby moving?” I rub his belly softly and feel it moving slightly. I can’t stop the smile that creep on my face when I feel it. “Kyuhyun-ah…” I look at him, who smile back at me, “How do you feel… when the baby moving?” how do I feel? I feel so happy, it amaze me… to know that something inside someone belly was moving when you rub it and I can’t help to smile every time I feel it.

“Happy…”

Sungmin chuckled and hold my hands into his, I look at his face and see his beautiful face was smiling back at me. He really look like an angel. Wait! Beautiful? Like an angel? But he was a man… and man isn’t beautiful. But he different… “You already know the answer, Kyunie…” Kyunie… I heard that name before… my mother and my family never call me Kyunie… even Seohyun never call me that. But Sungmin… when he said that why I feel that it was so right? Like I was hoping him to call me that again… because when he said that I feel so happy…

The baby too… I feel so happy to feel it move, to feel it kicked my hand… it always make me smile… is it the answer of my question. Am I really its father…?

“It’s the baby’s way to greet its father”

“Your father was like that too when he feel the baby kicking for the first time”

Did appa really feel the same? If he is… then I’m the baby’s father… “Kyunie…” I look up when I hear a beautiful voice coming from Sungmin, he laughed. I never see him laughed before but he really beautiful and his laugh voice was really cute…

“Ne Sungmin” he look at me with his doe eyes, I take a frame from his night stand and hold it up, “Did it really our wedding picture?” I see his face saddened… I don’t want to see that… please smile… “S-Sorry if I offended you. But I really need to know”

“Nah it’s okay” he smiling but I know that he was not okay. His smile is different… he has a very beautiful smile, not like this. He force this smile.

“Sungmin, really I––“

“It’s okay, Kyu… I understand… you lost your memory, about me… about us… about the baby… but I understand, really…”

“Sungmin…”

“I-I just want you to re-remember… t-that’s all…” tears start to fall from his eyes and it make my heart hurt… really hurt… I don’t want to see that. He buried his face in his hand and cry silently, “I-It hurt to know th-that you didn’t remember me-me… i-it hurt so much… b-but I know that so-someday you will remember me again. B-But it’s getting ha-hard… with Seohyun by you-your side it-it’s getting so hard… I keep reassuring myself th-that you will come back to m-me and o-our baby but th-then you––“

I can’t hear it anymore, I hug him tight and he cried loudly in my chest. It hurt so much to hear him crying like this. My heart feel like it was squeezed really hard until it was about to broke. He cling to me, crying hard on my chest, holding my back tightly until it hurt but I don’t care… my heart tell me to hug him and never let him go again… again? Did he really my spouse? I look at the picture on the night stand. We look so happy, he and his bright smile, and me too… pulling him into my body and smile to the camera cheerfully. It will be so hard to manipulate a photo to be so real like this. So is it real then? I tighten my hug to him and buried my face to his hair, he smells so sweet and it feel so familiar... I need to find more photo about us and then I’ll be sure if he really my spouse or not.

 

Normal POV

After an hour of crying, Sungmin was fall asleep. Kyuhyun brushed some hair that falling to Sungmin’s hair before get out from the room. He come back to his own room and quickly open the cabinet and search for some album photo. After a few trying, he finally found it. An album full of his and Sungmin’s photo. A few of them were when they were still a kid and some of them when they were on college and on their wedding day.

“Kyu…” he look up and found his mother was smiling at him, she approach him and sit beside him on the floor, “What are you doing?” she ask softly. She look at the album on his hand and her smile grow wider, “Album photo eh?”

“I want to make sure that he really my… wife” he whispered the last word, it make her smile to drop a little but she quickly covered it.

“Aah… I understand. Some of them were in the living room with our family photo and some of them were still on Ahra’s and your camera. We hasn’t print it out yet”

“Why?”

“We don’t have time to print them out. We are so worried about you; I even forget that until I saw you with the album photo”

“No… it’s not that” she look at him confusedly, “If I and Sungmin were married, why I can’t see our wedding photo in this room?”

“Ah… Sungmin said that he didn’t want to confuse you. You look so confused when you see him in the hospital; he said he didn’t want you to feel more confused about your relationship. So we hide it from you. It was on my room if you want to see. It was the same with the one on Sungmin’s room but it’s bigger. You want to see that?” Kyuhyun nodded his head and they go to his parent room and there it was, hanging beside his parent wedding photo. “Do you believe us now?” Kyuhyun look at the photo closely then nodded his head slowly.

“But… I can’t just break up with Seohyun… I love her very much but I can’t neglect Sungmin too. He is my wife” Kyuhyun then look at his mother pleadingly, “What should I do, umma?”

“I understand what you feel right now. Maybe your feeling for Sungmin hasn’t returned yet… no… it not that, you still feel confuse about your feeling. I know that deep inside your heart you remember him and your feeling for him. But it’s okay… I know Sungmin will understand about it too… I just want you to try to treat Sungmin like the old Kyuhyun. I know it will be so hard but it’ll keep him happy and we can keep his mental health stable, so the baby can survive. You want it to born healthily, right?” Kyuhyun nodded his head slowly, deep inside of his heart, he know that he want the baby, “If you can’t treat him as your wife, you can treat him as your brother. I’m sure that slowly you will remember about him. Just like a few years ago when Sungmin just come back from Japan”

“Japan?”

“Ehm… he went to Japan to live with his aunt, a few months after his parent passed away. I still remember how he cry so hard and how tight he hold your hand when we are on the airport. He really didn’t want to be separated from you. Sigh… he still a kid back then… and now he become a good man, time passed too quick…” she smile when she recall the memories.

“Umma…” she look at him with the smile that was still painting on her beautiful face. “Can I get that? The camera?”

she go to one’s cabinet and take out a camera and handed it to Kyuhyun. “Here… you bring this when you go to Jeju for your honey moon. I’m sure there was a lot of photo in there. I hope it can make you feel less confused” Kyuhyun thanked her and go back to his own room.

 

Kyuhyun POV

I laid myself on my bed and turn on the camera. When I click the view image, there was a photo of Sungmin smiling brightly at the camera; there was a red tint on his cheek and a bucket of roses on his hand, he looks so happy. I press the next button and there was still a photo of Sungmin, it was him who was looking at the sky with his eyes closed. He look so beautiful… like an angel…

I keep press the next button; mostly it was photo of Sungmin and some of me who was grinning at the camera. But then I finally found it, a photo of the two of us, holding hands in the beach. I look at it closely, trying to find something that tell me that it was fake but it wasn’t.

I press the next button again, that was us, still on the beach but the water was deeper, it reach my chest and the sun was started to set. I carry Sungmin and he encircles his hand on my neck while kissing my cheek, his eyes closed but he was smiling. And I just grinning to the camera happily.

I press the next button until it reach the end of the photo. Beside of photo of me and Sungmin, there was mostly a photo of us together. Holding hands, hugging, kissing on the different area. But then I see that there was some video, I press the play button on the last video.

“We are on our way to Hanra mountain” in front of the recorder, there was a road with a lot of trees on the right and left.

“We are in Hanra mountain, Kyu…” there was a voice from the left, Sungmin voice.

“Ooh… sorry… we are in Hanra mountain. We go up here since an hour ago but still haven’t reach the top yet. The view was sooo beautiful, there was a lot of trees and flower here but the one beside me still more beautiful that everything”

“Kyu!!” the camera now focus on Sungmin face who was walking beside him. Sungmin close his face with his hands but his face was so red. There was a sound of laughter fill the area and a hand who was uncover his face from his own hand.

“It’s true, Minnie…”

“Liar”

“I’m not… I already saw everything last night and you reaaally beautiful”

Sungmin look at the camera with his pouty lips, his face was still as red as a tomato, Don’t say something like that, we don’t know if there was someone who will see the video beside of us”

“It’s okay, Minnie… they wouldn’t understand what I mean. So smile” Sungmin look at the camera and smile brightly.

The camera still focus on Sungmin but then he run away, making the camera to shaking slightly and then after a few seconds, Sungmin was there, ahead of me. Looking at the flower in the sideway, “Look, Kyu… it’s butterfly… I never see this type on Seoul. Come here, Kyu… but don’t too loud or it’ll fly away” Sungmin wave his hand and the camera approach him.

“Where?” Sungmin pointing at the flower and the camera focus on it, there was a butterfly that was busy the flower’s honey.

“Beautiful…” Sungmin said.

The camera focus on Sungmin face who was looking at the butterfly, amazed. “Yeah… beautiful”

After a few second, they walk again. The camera focus on everywhere, mostly on Sungmin’s face. The sound of chatting and laughter was fill the area but then Sungmin sit on the sideway, take out a bottle of water and drink it. “Let’s take a rest… I’m tired…” he handed me the bottle of water and continue to sit there.

“But Minnie… if we didn’t reach the top until noon. We can’t enjoyed the view” Sungmin look at the camera and pouting his lips, Okay then what about this”

The video was cut before it shoot the tress again, Sorry about earlier… our princess was really tired until he can’t walk anymore. So he call his horse to come and carry him”

“You are not a horse, Kyu… you’re my prince” there was a slight of shyness on his voice.

The camera was flipped back and it shoot on my face who was carrying Sungmin on my back. The camera was now on Sungmin’s hand and his other hand was encircling on my neck. I can see me grinning happily at the camera while waving my right hand, Hi I’m Sungmin’s prince… Kyuhyun… and behind me is princess Sungmin” a red tint come back to Sungmin’s face after hearing me said that. “Where are we going now, princess?”

“We will go to the ramyun stand!!” Sungmin said excitedly.

“Let’s go!!!”

They continue to walk but then… “Eh, Kyu… the battery is low”

“Really?” they look at the camera closely but then I can see frown created on my face, “Aish… I forget to charge it last night…” then they look at the camera, smiling brightly, “We are sorry… but we must end the video here hehe… we need some privacy…”

“Bye bye!!” they wave their hand and the video end

I smile slightly when I see the video, we look so happy. I can feel that something warm crawling to my chest after I see it but then it turn into guilt when I recall what I did to him in these last 4 months. Sungmin never smile that bright in front of me, it always a forced smile and I always hear him crying in the night. I bit my lips tightly when I realize something. I treat him so bad…

 


 

A/N:

First post at 29 October 2011

On fumiyo92's LiveJournal

Not Edited