The Bitter Morning, The Sweet Rest (of the day).

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]

7. The Bitter Morning, The Sweet Rest (of the day).

 

The next morning, Haneul woke up with a bad mood. She was very confuse of what was going on with her life. Should I go on? Or should I stop? She just didn’t know what was better for her. One day she wakes up, thinking life will be softer and she will start changing bit by bit. When suddenly, the other day, she wakes up all grumpy and her heart feels cold.

But most of all, there was something molesting her. What good would it bring to LuHan? Helping her out of nowhere. Is it because he’s her roommate? Or is it because he just wants to help her and then show her that she was right? That her thoughts about the world were true. But if she doesn’t change, if she doesn’t work and if she doesn’t wait, she won’t know the answer behind LuHan’s actions and thoughts. Maybe he’s just trying to be kindhearted. Mysterious…

But Haneul decided to let it go. Even if she got hurt, it wouldn’t molest her anymore. She already knows that life isn’t that easy, and she’s willing to try her best to make it better. At least for herself and the people around her.

And yet, she still had a bad mood. It felt like she had woken up on the wrong side of the wrong bed. It’ll pass away soon. She thought. The pain she felt in her temples was a terrible headache, yet Haneul decided to shoo it away with a painkiller.

As she walked to the cupboard to get a cup where she could pour the water, a soft voice startled her and the cup almost fell on the floor. Luckily, her fast reflexes –because of wushu practice– helped her grab the cup as fast as she could, and place it where it belonged.

“Did I scare you?” His melodious voice ringed in her ears even though seconds had passed since the time he stopped talking.

“Nah, the cup just wanted to try break dance.” Haneul joked, earning another melodic sound from the mouth of the handsome owner. Her breath hitched on and she almost choked on the water with the painkiller she was drinking. The owner was indeed handsome, or let’s say ‘a hot morning mess’.

His hair was all messy and his eyes were almost shut together as they shouted for sleep. Through that black wife beater, she could spot the toned abs, while his milky arms were saluting her for a hug.

She blinked it away and turned around. She didn’t want to choke on her water, end up in the hospital and go meet Mr. Goldfish in the paradise. Suddenly, the person behind her was the most handsome guy she has ever seen in her entire life. Don’t get tricked Haneul. Don’t. Get. Tricked.

“So-” She turned around to ask him how he slept in the night, when suddenly she stopped breathing for a second as saw how close the guy was. He chuckled and walked past her so he could open the fridge and gulp down some chocolate milk from the milk bottle.

“Sorry, what were you saying?” He asked as he placed the bottle back in the fridge and ruffled his hair messily, making it look hotter than before. His soft yet deep sleep voice made him look even better. For a moment Haneul thought she was hallucinating. LuHan’s body wasn’t the greatest, yet it was still attractive. Have you played soccer before? She thought, as she checked his legs. LuHan chuckled and replied with a ‘yes’. Oops! Did she say that out loud?

A dark shade of pink covered her squishy cheeks and LuHan laughed.

“Come on don’t feel shy.” He lifted her head up by touching her chin, and lowered himself to her eyelevel. “Finally you’re showing your girly instincts.”

She laughed and shrugged away from his gripping, leaving LuHan with sparking eyes. He always had them when he was extremely happy. But, was Haneul the one who made him happy? Or her shyness?

 

***

 

“I’ve been playing soccer since I was a kid.” LuHan replied with a grin plastered on his face as he held his books tightly towards his chest while both of them walked in the hallways of the University.

He started telling her more about his past and what he wanted to be when he was a child. First he wanted to be a soccer player, now he wants to be a Kpop star. Haneul chuckled and nodded with every reply that came out of his mouth.

“I respect every decision that you make. I’ll always be by your side.” Haneul replied after he confessed her his actual dream, receiving a huge teeth-grin by the positive guy beside her.

After half an hour of chit chatting with each other, the bell rang, indicating the class had started. The placed their books on their desk and started taking notes.

1 hour.

2 hours..

3 hours…

45 minutes….

30 minutes…..

20 minutes……

5 minutes…….

*ringringring*

The bell started ringing and the students rushed out of the class like a tornado. All of the students in the class were counting the hours, minutes, seconds, so they would get ready to leave for their other schedules and forget about school. Not that they hated school, but who would like to stay there when it should’ve been summer vacation and they would’ve been at the beach? Well, no one. If the king of nerds wouldn’t like that.

But this wasn’t bad for LuHan and Haneul. They were having fun instead of worrying about their studies. Because, they worked hard but they knew how to use the spare time. It was 3 PM when they left the school and it was too early for them to go at the pond, and too hot outside to stay with the same clothes which were already soaking wet from the sweat their bodies produced while walking.

They rushed inside the apartment and started running towards the bathroom, racing who would be the first to enter for a shower. Of course the winner was LuHan, but as the usual gentleman he is, he told Haneul to go in first.

Haneul would feel if she stayed inside for an hour when the poor boy was suffering outside. So she decided to shower as fast as she could and gave LuHan the time to use the shower as much as he wanted.

“Am I a ‘gentlewoman’ now?” She asked him after he finished showering.

“Way much better.” He smiled a heartwarming smile and pinched her cheeks.

“Now ahjussi will go out for lunch cause I miss eating traditional Korean food. Wanna come with ahjussi?” He handed Haneul his hand as he imitated the voice of the old man who lived next door. A slight chuckled left her lips as she nodded happily and held his hand, grabbing it and never letting it go until they arrived at the bus station.

It wasn’t a bad day after all… I owe him a lot.