The Unlucky Day.

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]

3. The Unlucky Day.

 

 

‘He’s not that bad.’ Haneul thought as she changed into her pajamas and laid on her bad. ‘He’s actually caring and cute.’ She blinked when she thought of those words. ‘Maybe I can be friends with him’ She rolled her eyes and hugged herself. ‘No way. What if he’s a monster who wants to kill me in my sleep?’ She thought and the sudden thought of him turning into a devil made her scared. ‘What’s wrong with you pabo?’ She flicker her forehead and pouted in pain. Suddenly Haneul felt weird. She felt like a pair of eyes were burning her back. ‘Oh God help me. Earth and Air please give me a sign that I’m not going insane.’

Haneul couldn’t take it anymore. She tried to turn around without making a sound and see if Luhan was sleeping, when suddenly she caught him staring at her. Her eyes grew bigger than watermelons and she quickly hid herself beneath her blanket with a scream accompanying her.

A laugh left Luhan’s lips as he tried to cover his mouth to prevent himself from rolling on the bed because of laughter. ‘She might’ve seen a nightmare. Or maybe I’m her nightmare.’ Luhan thought while he his invisible beard.

While he was laughing and trying to find an answer to Haneul’s actions, the poor girl was silently cursing herself for being such an immature girl.

‘I’m almost twenty and afraid of monsters! Way to go Haneul.’ She thought and let out a raspberry.

She soon calmed down and drifted to dreamland, while the handsome boy was still staring her back.

The next morning was a living nightmare. Both of them woke up by the buzz of their phones, indicating that they got a text message. They both read their messages and almost cursed because of shock.

Dear student. We have to announce that you won’t be having three months of vacations but three months of school. The university will start its repairing in September and they might end in December, so you have to come to school this summer and take your vacations this autumn. We’re really sorry for disturbing and ruining your plans. School starts tomorrow and we hope you can come.

“WHAT?!” Both Haneul and Luhan said in unison. This can’t be happening… Right?

Haneul stood up and walked to the bathroom while Luhan went to sleep again. She was feeling bad and it wasn’t because of school, but because of what she thought the night before. She just felt like avoiding Luhan. Not only because of being scared of him, but also because she doesn’t want to be friends with him. His smile and kindness is something new and weird to Haneul and she needs some time to get used to it, or maybe she can just avoid everything about him.

‘Then avoiding it is!’ She grinned and took a warm bath like she always does every morning. After she finished, she brushed her teeth and dried her hair. When she walked to the room she saw Luhan selecting some clothes.

“Is the shower free?” he asked and Haneul just showed him a thumbs up without answering him properly and without looking him in the eyes. ‘What have I done wrong?’ He asked himself with a pout. ‘She’s really hard to get, isn’t she?’ A smirk appeared on his lips and he walked inside the bathroom. ‘Let the game begin.’

While Haneul was cooking breakfast, Luhan was showering and singing, which made her chuckle. She walked past the bathroom and heard him singing a Chinese song. ‘I forgot he was Chinese. He looks like a Korean guy and he’s fluent.’ She smiled but then shook her head at the thought. ‘I shouldn’t think of him. I’m avoiding him…’ She mentally slapped herself and walked back to the kitchen.

“You made breakfast?” Haneul heard Luhan’s voice but didn’t bother to look at him. She just nodded and washed her hands after finishing. When she finally looked at him, she was taken aback by his body. He was topless, hair dripping wet and only his lower body was covered by a towel on his waist. The wet hair, his milky skin, his almost-abs and his y body made her body froze and blink like a damaged light bulb.

He saw her state and walked in front of her, leaning so he could match her eye level. A smirk appeared on his small pink lips as he saw her expression. He felt the urge to or act like a bad guy but then he just chuckled and leaned backwards.

“You’re so cute you know that?” He said his thoughts out loud and walked to his room. “And I’m sure you know that I’m pretty hot. I wonder what’s on your mind right now.”

He was about to enter the room when Haneul’s words stopped him to do so.

“Your face and body is like a 10 years old one! And even if you are hot, that doesn’t affect me. The Sun type is always going to be my less favorite for my whole life.” She shouted, telling her real thoughts which made Luhan boil in anger. No one had ever insulted him and he felt his bad and manly side take over him. But the problem was, she wasn’t insulting ‘him’ at all.

“Oh really, Mrs. Moon? Do you think your cold attitude will affect me? I’m Mr. Perfect and every one knows that. Oh, and did you know that all the freaking planets run around me? Who do you think you got your light from? Who do you think that makes you look beautiful? Uh?! Well let me tell you that it’s me the one.” He crossed his arms over his chest, making him look like a kid.

“If you didn’t care then why did my words affect you? If I was just one of the planets who runs around you, then why did you give the light and the beauty to me and not them?”

Suddenly he grabbed her wrists and bumped her back against the wall.

“Stop this stupid astronomy thingy and tell me why you don’t like me.” Luhan suddenly felt like killing himself for what he just said. It was so childish that everyone could feel free to laugh at him.

“Haha! Why I don’t like you?” Haneul laughed awkwardly while staring at Luhan’s face. “I didn’t say that I don’t like you!” She emphasized the word ‘you’, “I said I hate the people of the Sun type.” She continued, leaving Luhan dumbfounded.

“Oh.” Was the only thing he said and then chuckled. “Then why were you avoiding me?”

“I don’t even know you, how can I hate you without knowing you?” She said, ignoring what Luhan just asked.

“Then why do you hate this wrold when you don’t even try to know them?!” Luhan asked with anger as he tightened his grip around her wrists.

“How did you know?” She asked with wide eyes.

“I can understand it… I can feel it. And I’m telling you it’s wrong.” He said softly but the grip around Haneul’s wrists was making her cry in pain.

“Yah that hurts!” She shouted and he immediately let go of her wrists and placed his hands on the wall.

“If you give me a chance… I will change you. I’ll make your life better, believe me.” He said kindly as he smiled at her.

“No. I’m good like this. This is me and I’m not going to change.” She said with anger but Luhan chuckled.

“Pabo! Why are you like this?! If you open up to me and the world, I can show you that nothing is the same as you expect it to be.”

“No! I know it Luhan. I know how the world outside is and I don’t like it. I’d rather live without friends than with them faking to love me.” The way she said his name made Luhan skip a beat, but anger took over him and he yelled.

“Are you stupid or something?” He said while breathing heavily and Haneul blinked, startled by his words. “There’s always the positive and the negative part of everything. But if you think about the positive one, your life will be way much better. Without lies but with the truth, without sadness but with happiness. But you shouldn’t forget that if you don’t fight for what you want, for happiness… you won’t get it.” Haneul felt her eyes burning and she knew she was going to cry soon. ‘How can this guy know everything?’ She thought and let out a raspberry.

“I’ll try.” She said while she lowered her head, earning a smile from Luhan. He embraced her cheeks and made her look at him in the eyes.

“If we try together as one… I’m sure we can both make it.” He said while smiling and she nodded. “But you need to open up to me. You need to talk to me, show me, explain me what you feel.” He took a deep breath and said: “Show me who you really are.” With that sentence Heneul’s tears started flowing down her cheeks and she hugged Luhan’s body. The sudden skin ship made her break the hug with a blush. He wiped her tears with his thumbs and chuckled because of her red cheeks.

“I don’t like direct skin ship.” She whispered and Luhan chuckled happily.

“I’ll write that in my memory.”