Misunderstandings.

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]

That day -when they met EXO-, was one of the most beautiful days for both LuHan and Haneul. LuHan met his best friends, while Haneul made some new friends. But there was something that was bothering LuHan, and he didn’t know why.

“Haneul!” The loud and cheery baby, Sehun, shouted from afar and ran towards Haneul to pull her into a bone crashing hug.

LuHan and Haneul met Sehun on their way to the university. Apparently, Sehun’s university was right next to Haneul’s university, so he came to visit them.

“Yah, Sehun! I can’t breathe!” Haneul joked as she let out a chuckle. LuHan’s eyes widened at the sudden sound that came out of . He blinked his eyes several times and saw Sehun talking to Haneul while she… She was grinning widely.

A deep breath, a sigh, and LuHan was long lost in the hallways of the gigantic hell which once upon a time was his favorite place.

Two months. It’s been two months since the time he came in Seoul and met Haneul. One month and a half since they met EXO. One month since she started changing completely.

LuHan wasn’t stupid to not notice her smile and sparkling eyes when Sehun was next to her. The same goes to Sehun. He had the same reaction when Haneul was next to him. This made LuHan loose his hopes and forget about what he dreamt of.

But he didn’t find out,

 

That he was wrong.

 

For LuHan, Sehun was the perfect guy for Haneul. He was nice, kind, caring, funny, shy and most of all, romantic. Not that LuHan wasn’t, but he found it hard to express himself in front of Haneul. He promised her that she would find out who he really was but none of that happened.

He wondered if the fault was his or Sehun’s. Actually, it was LuHan’s fault for being a coward and letting Sehun take his place. But it also was Sehun’s fault for interfering in the times LuHan wanted to have a talk with Haneul.

And Haneul, noticed that.

 

“LuHan!” She shouted once she saw LuHan walking towards the hallways.

If she cares. She’ll come. But she will not. He thought and didn’t stop walking. After some seconds, he looked down and smiled. I knew she wouldn’t co-

“LuHan!!” She grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. With loud eyes, LuHan looked down on her and she placed her hands on her knees and started breathing heavily. “Why…” She stopped to take another breath and straightened her body. “Why didn’t you turn back? I was calling your name over and over again.” She asked with a hint of hurt in her eyes.

Haneul did notice how uncomfortable LuHan was when Sehun was around. And how he would react when she showed more affection towards the young boy instead of the deer.

As soon as she saw LuHan walking away, she told Sehun she had to go and thanked him for paying a visit.

“Ohorat! I’ll be going now. Class starts soon.” He smiled and waved goodbye.

Haneul looked around and spotted LuHan in the middle of the long hallway.

.

.

.

“Sorry. I was drowning in my thoughts that I didn’t even know where I was walking.” LuHan let an awkward laugh but Haneul didn’t eat that.

“Xi LuHan. After school, we’ll go to the pond.” She walked forward and opened the door of the classroom. “And this is not a question.”

 

 

 

 

 

It was already 8 pm. After finishing their classes they went to eat lunch, then they took the bus to arrive at their apartment. After a long nap because of the tiresome day, they quickly went to the pond.

They sat on the green grass of the beautiful park, as they looked up at the sky. The moon shining more than ever.

“LuHan. You’ve been weird lately,” Haneul started the conversation impatiently. “You don’t talk much and you’re not that happy anymore. What’s wrong? Are you sick? Did I do something wrong?” LuHan turned his head to the side, to find a worried and hurt look on Haneul’s face.

It made him happy that she cared about him, but also sad that she couldn’t see what was going on with him.

“You don’t pay much attention to me anymore.” LuHan stated the truth as he decided that it was his turn to open up to the Moon. “You’ve been talking to Sehun much more lately and I feel like a tiny dwarf in front of him. I feel like now he’s your Sun and not me. I feel like you don’t-”

“Shut up!” Haneul shouted, not letting LuHan go any further. LuHan’s eyes widened to the extend of falling in the floor and rolling down the mountains. It was his first time hearing Haneul shout like this.

“Haneul, I-” He wanted to tell her he was sorry, but once again, she stopped him.

“LuHan. This is what you wanted! You wanted me to change! You wanted me to be the real Haneul and here I am, sitting next to you as the girl who talks to people and has a different aspect on the world.” She took a shaky breath. She felt like breaking up but she couldn’t, not in front of LuHan. “While you’re jealous of a guy who I consider a friend, I’m working hard to change for you and you didn’t realize that! I’m not doing it for myself! I’m doing this for you.” She sat up and turned her heels, but LuHan grabbed her arm and turned her around, pulling her into a warm and tight hug.

“I’m sorry, Haneul. I’m sorry. Instead of thinking about you, I thought of myself and my jealousy. I didn’t know… Please, forgive me.” He hugged her tighter than before and she nodded on his chest.

“LuHan… I’m sorry too for not paying too much attention to you. I was working hard to be friends with other people that I forgot who I had next to me.” A tear slipped down her cheeks as he hugged his waist. He smiled and kissed the top of her head as he promised her they will be by each other’s side 24/7.

 

 

 

The past few weeks were really wonderful for both LuHan and Haneul. LuHan understood that what was happening between Haneul and Sehun was only friendship. And Haneul started to make more and more friends day by day. At the cafeteria she would sit at the table for 5, and her new friends would come and talk to her. Of course, LuHan was present too.

The smiles, the laughter, the tears they shared with each other were more amazing they thought it would be. Sharing their emotions with each other as best friends, as siblings and as lovers, made them happier than they already were.

They found out new things about themselves. The both of them started changing for the good and Haneul realized that the world wasn’t as bad as she thought it was. If you choose the right path, everything will lead to a perfect ending,

 

 

And a new beginning.