That Shiny Guy Who Blinded My Eyes.

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]

 

  1. That shiny guy who blinded my eyes.

 

Oh Haneul, one of the most beautiful girls of the Foreign Languages University lives alone in an apartment just a few meters away from it. She has no friends, best friend, boyfriend. Why? Simple. No one would like to be friends with a cold girl who doesn’t get along with people.

But they are wrong. Even though she might give you a feeling that she’s a cold, negative and stubborn girl, she’s the opposite of it. Well, at least with herself.

Haneul doesn’t like to open up to people. Most of all she hates bright, hardcore and stubborn people. Which means, she hates people who are the opposite of her. Even though deep inside she’s like a child waiting to eat the chocolate her mom just gave her. She’s kind and adorable. Yet, it’s hard for her to open up to people, knowing that the world out there isn’t the same with the world she once saw when Haneul was a child. Her parents were her inspiration. Her home was the world. She thought everything was bright and happy, but little did she know that the world outside is the complete opposite.

Happy people, smiling, hugging, kissing, all of them are just lying themselves with sweet nothing’s. Because the world in which people live is nothing but a disaster. There’s no peace, no love, no life. There’s only lying, wars, people who fight for a piece of bread. Why should it be like this?

But still, there is the positive and negative side of everything. Where’s light is darkness. Where’s night is day. Even though when the bright sky covers all the stars, they’re still there, waiting to shine brightly in the night and get embraced by the cold hug of the glowing Moon. But still, the Moon is nothing without the Sun.

When Haneul first came in contact with the hard wind of the cold world, she knew life wasn’t going to be as easy and beautiful as it looked like when she was home. No smell of baked cookies, no birds chirping happily, no fresh air. Just the smell of petrol, the sounds of cars, the teachers talking and the four walls of the house.

Haneul hated this. Not that she had something against the world. She had something against people living in this world. All she wanted to do was finish school, run away from her apartment and live the life she dreams and needs. But she knew that here she could still manage to be happy, she just didn’t know how.

The sound of the phone ringing woke her up and Haneul said ‘hello’ to the world once again.

“Oh Haneun here. How can I help you?” She answered the phone call without minding to look at the ID. There were only three contacts on her phone number anyway. Her mom, dad and the owner of the apartment’s phone number.

“From now on you will share the apartment with an exchanged student from China. He’ll be in the same university as you so I hope you’ll get along. And please don’t kick him out like you did last time.” Haneul chuckled lightly as she heard the scared voice of the owner. She nodded even though she knew he wasn’t going to see her.

“Don’t worry. I guess I’ll try… Don’t feel bad if something happens.” She joked and the man on the other line laughed loudly. They finished their conversation with an ‘okay’ and ‘goodbye’ and Haneul went to nap again.

When was the last time she shared the same apartment with someone? Some months ago. And how did it go? Very bad. Haneul just couldn’t get along with the girl she shared the apartment with. Her irritating voice, her stubborn attitude, her dictionary made Haneul bring out her inner beast and kick her out of the house.

A light chuckle escaped Haneul’s lips once again and she woke up from her cat nap and headed towards the bathroom.

As she took a long bath, her muscles relaxing from the warm droplets of water hitting her milky skin, she thought of how she would treat the guest.

“Well, my attitude will depend on how she or he treats me.” Haneul whispered softly as she covered her body with a towel. She got an extra towel to dry her head as she got dressed for school.

“Taxi!” She yelled and the taxi that was walking past her, stopped.

“Come in young lady.” The driver who seemed on his early 50’s said. Haneul made herself comfortable inside and told the driver her university’s address. After half an hour they arrived in front of the big, brown building and she paid the man.

Three full hours of listening to the annoying teacher who was blabbering about why English is important and that today’s the last day of school, Haneul finally got the chance to sleep happily.

The bell rang but Haneul couldn’t hear a thing. Indeed, she’s a heavy sleeper. All the students left the big classroom while she and a boy beside her were still inside.

“Yah wake up.” His melodious voice rang through Haneul’s ears but she was too sleepy to care. He smiled when a light bulb shined above his head. The handsome boy grabbed a pencil and started poking Haneul’s nose with it.

“Go away before I kill you with these hands.” Haneul threw her hands in the air, and that made the handsome guy chuckle. Haneul felt strange. Why was a guy out of nowhere approaching her when everyone’s scared of her?

“Stop it.” She said softly after she yawned and took the pencil away from his grip. She placed it on the table and gave a glance at the handsome guy in front of her. Damn he’s handsome. She thought as she stood up and left the room. The handsome guy didn’t talk nor follow her, and Haneul felt relieved for this.

She was listening to music while eating donuts and drinking Nescafe. Today was strange for her. The cafeteria seemed livelier than ever and everyone was happy. Oh, it was finally summer that’s why. But for Haneul it still was cold even though the weather around her was warm.

Suddenly she felt a presence around her and when she opened her eyes, the same handsome guy from before was sitting next to her, eating his food peacefully as he read something on his phone. She wondered why se sat next to her but when she looked around she found the right answer. Every single table was occupied and they had more that two people, while hers was still single. The handsome dude had all the rights to seat next to Haneul but she didn’t feel comfortable with it.

Luckily after a few seconds, she had finished her food and quickly stood up from the table and walked outside the cafeteria. She walked inside the classroom, grabbed her bag and walked outside of the hell called UNIVERSITY.

Haneul was an ordinary person. She didn’t like to use makeup and she didn’t like to wear extravagant clothes like most of the girls did. No wonder boys had all the attention on them. Haneul’s daily outfit would be: sneakers, blouse/T-shirt, jeans and a bag, but the special part was that she knew how to use them and she looked extremely gorgeous even though she was casual.

After taking the same taxi from before, she quickly ran up the stairs and opened the door of her apartment. No signs of other human beings. Yus! She thought with a grin and jumped on her comfortable bed.

The sound of the bell ringing could be heard on the background and Haneul walked lazily to the door. When she opened it she was startled by the tall figure in front of her.

“Hello! I’m your new roommate.” He said in English as she stared into his perfect brown orbs, perfect dark brown hair, perfect soccer player body, while listening to his perfect voice that suited his face perfectly. Shortly, he was perfect. And he was the handsome boy from the beginning, just that now he looked more handsome than before, as he shined like the Sun that blinded her eyes.