Our Secret Place.

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]

4. Our Secret Place.

 

It was the first time Haneul opened up to someone. Well, her parents were the first ones, she loved them and always told them what she felt. Even though she didn’t want to open up to Luhan, she accepted and decided that maybe it might be the time to change… for good.

It was already getting dark outside and Luhan decided to take a nap. Once Haneul saw him falling asleep, she decided to go outside for a walk.

There was a secret place that she always loved to spend her free time at. It was a little pond at a park nearby. By this time it was always empty. There were no kids playing, no moms yelling at them to be careful, no sounds of cars on the roads nearby. It was calm and only the sound of the small fishes swimming in the pond could be heard, also the sound and the feel of the cold wind that embraced Haneul’s body.

She loved this place. The fresh air, the calm nature, the colorful fishes, the tall trees, the green grass, the flowers and the birds. She loved how this place was so beautiful that it made her heart warm and feel at ease.

Every time she had problems with school and life, she would come here by this time and talk with the fishes. Not that she was insane, but with who could she talk? With who could she feel at ease and express her feelings? Exact, with no one. That’s why she came to this pond. It was the only place where she could finally feel free and show her real self. Where she could talk without no one judging. Where she could cry and laugh. Where she could enjoy the beautiful things in life. For her this pond was magical and she was happy that this was her secret place.

Suddenly she felt like someone was behind her. ‘No one knows this part of the park! How can it be that there’s someone here?’ She thought as she felt footsteps behind her. She decided to act like she didn’t hear anything, cause even if there was a thief behind her he wouldn’t hurt her. Why? Simple! She knows wushu.

“Hey.” A calm voice and a warm hand who rested on her shoulder approached her, and she knew it was Luhan.

“What are you doing here?” She asked coldly as she wiped away a tear that fell from her right eye.

“Were you crying?” Luhan asked, worried about what happened to Haneul but she just got up and slapped his hand away.

“Don’t come here anymore please. Please.” She said as another tear fell from her eyes. Luhan couldn’t just leave her, he was a human, and it hurt him to see his friend cry.

“I will come, for you. I know you want to be alone, but I can’t leave you when you need someone’s help.” He said wholeheartedly as he hugged her. It’s been a while since the last time she received a hug from someone. She was happy, but the sadness inside of her heart didn’t help.

Haneul broke in tears and finally hugged him back, earning a smile from Luhan. They sat on the ground and she buried her face on the crook of his neck. His shoulder got wet because of her tears but he didn’t care.

“Sorry.” She said once she stopped and wiped her tears. “Your T-shirt got wet…” She whispered and Luhan smiled.

“It’s okay. I’m sure that my shoulder is happy that you decided to show it your feelings.” Haneul chuckled and took a deep breath. “You know… You can lean in my shoulder anytime you want. I’ll always be there for you.” He added and Haneul nodded with a smile.

“This place is our secret place, ok? Don’t tell it to anyone.” Haneul blushed and Luhan nodded while a grin.

“Now, mind telling me why you were crying?” He tilted his head but Haneul shook her head.

“No. I’m not used to talk with people.” She said as she looked at the pond and the fishes happily swimming in it while the moon reflected on the calm water.

“Well, if you want me to listen, then I’ll be the wind for you.” He smiled sweetly and Haneul leaned on his shoulder.

“Maybe next time.” She chuckled and Luhan started playing with her hair.

Finally her heart started to warm up with him, and Luhan felt like he was the happiest kid ever. Even though he was already a grown up boy now.