The Sorrowful Past And The Joyful Future.

Almost Love [Story Not Available.]


5. The sorrowful past and the joyful future.

 

 

Haneul yawned and decided to wake up. It was already 6AM and she needed to get ready for school. Thoughts of yesterday invaded her mind as she shook her head in disapproval. ‘What have I done?’ She asked herself and pouted. Everything that happened was all of a sudden and Haneul didn’t think of what to do. ‘I guess I have to open up to him now. God help me.’

“Good morning.” Luhan grinned –as usual–  and walked next to her. “Are you cooking breakfast?” He asked as he leaned to see what she was preparing. “OMG pancakes!” He screamed like a girl and was jumping in his place like a bunny.

Haneul started laughing and she nodded. The sudden laugh made Luhan freeze in his spot with a wide teeth-smile on his face. Yes, he was happy. The sound of her voice was like melody to his ears and he really loved it. He turned around and walked to the kitchen table and sat on a chair. As he waited for Haneul, he started playing games on his phone and pouting whenever he lost.

Haneul saw him pouting and frowning while moving his fingers as fast as he could on the phone’s screen and it made her laugh. She shook her head while smiling as she continued pouring chocolate syrup to the pancakes.

“Breakfast’s rea-“ She couldn’t finish her sentence because of Luhan who grabbed the plate away from her hands and started eating the pancakes like a hungry baby. She sat in front of him and saw him eating. He suddenly stopped when he saw only 3 pancakes instead of 10. Luhan looked up with guilt on his eyes and mouthed a sorry.

“I’ll feed you.” He grinned but Haneul shook her head.

“No… That would be weird.”

“Just this once!” He pouted and she gave up. “Say ‘ah~~~’, please.” He said while smiling and Haneul blushed a crimson red color.

“This is so embarrassing.” She mumbled while eating and Luhan started laughing.

“Oh God you’re so cute.” The sudden words made Haneul blush even more. She hid her face while chewing the food. It was the first time a guy called her ‘cute’ and she couldn’t describe what she was feeling right now. She hated it, yet she loved it.

“Let’s get ready for school.” She suggested and walked to their room. He nodded and followed her while drinking strawberry milk on a bottle. After they finished dressing up, they got their bags and walked outside.

“You know…” Luhan broke the silence as they walked on the empty roads of Seoul.

“Hmm?” She hummed as she didn’t bother to talk.

“I’m happy you’re finally showing your real self. I really like it.” He smiled and Haneul smiled too. Deep inside, she was very happy too. She liked it that her thoughts could be finally spoken to someone, who she knows and trusts.

 

***

 

“We’re really sorry for this-“ The teacher kept mumbling till non stop. Half of the class was sleeping while the other half was chit chatting with each other.

Meanwhile…

“Rock, paper, scissors!” Luhan said cheerfully as he did a ‘rock’ with his hands while Haneul did a ‘paper’. “NO!!!” He shouted and Haneul started hitting his back.

“I told you I was going to win you looser.” Both of them ended up laughing while the others were looking at Haneul weirdly.

She heard people asking questions to each other like: ‘What are they doing together?’ ‘Is she finally changing?’ ‘OMG we should talk to her! I couldn’t wait for the moment she would start opening up.’

A frown appeared on her face and Luhan noticed it immediately.

“Hey. You should be happy. Smile, you shine better than me when you do so.” He smiled and Haneul chuckled lightly.

“Actually… I’m happy. I can’t believe it that most of them wanted to be my friends but they couldn’t talk to me because they were afraid. I thought everyone hated me.”

“If someone hates you then they’re jealous because of your beauty!” He shouted and she blinked.

“What’s wrong with you today?” Haneul asked all of a sudden.

“I don’t know. It’s your fault.” They both chuckled and turned their attention to the teacher who had already started explaining the lesson.

 

***

 

“Luhan!!!” Haneul shouted as she jumped on her seat. It was the third time he scared her like that. He would show her pictures of insects and she would shout for help because she’s scared of them. It was fun for Luhan but hell for Haneul.

Finally it was time to go back home and they took the bus instead of running. They had to stay at school until late at night because of some researches they had to do, but luckily it was the perfect time for them to go at the pond.

They thanked the driver and ran to the pond. Both of them laid on the ground, watching the bright moon who shined in the night sky with the little stars accompanying her.

“You’re just like her.” Luhan suddenly broke the silence. “Beautiful…” He whispered the last part but Haneul’s ears caught it perfectly. She chuckled and whispered a thank you, which made Luhan’s eyes pop out of its sockets. ‘Did she hear me?’ He gasped but then chuckled. ‘Well, it’s the truth anyways.’

He got up and then sat on the soft grass as he saw the beautiful pond in front of him.

“So, are you planning to tell me more about you?” He asked and Haneul sighed.

“When I was 18… My parents died in a car accident.” Luhan’s eyes got wide and he gasped. “They were my everything, my life! But they were taken away from me.”

“I’m so sorry…” He whispered as he embraced her small body.

“Then I started to become colder than before. I didn’t have any friends and I didn’t open up to people. The only things I cared about were my parents and studying. Nothing more, nothing less.” She continued with a calm voice. “I got a phone call from my grandpa, telling me that I’ll start living with them. But in the end I got kicked out because of my aunt and uncle.”

“Why?” Luhan asked as he raised his voice.

“Because they didn’t want dad to marry my mom. They didn’t like my mom and they didn’t like me since I’m almost her reflection. So they kicked me out and grandpa couldn’t do anything since he lived at their house, not his own. He suggested me to live with my cousins but I didn’t accept. I wanted to live on my own, have new challenges. And I guess I’m pretty good.” Luhan listened carefully to every single word said. Now he understood why she was like that. She is weak and what happened to her was a big trauma to handle.

“You are weak… But you’re fine as you are.” He hugged her while tears started falling from her eyes. “Everything’s ok. Life is a game and you need to work hard to pass everything that gets on your way. But I’m here for you. I’ll hold your hand till I won’t be with you anymore.”

“If you choose to hold my hand…” She said while sobbing. “Then don’t let go.” That phrase squeezed Luhan’s heart and made it beat faster than he thought it could. A tear fell down his left eye and he hugged her tightly.

“I’ll never let go.” He said whole heartedly as a smile appeared on Haneul’s face.

That moment she knew… She could believe him.