Chapter 9: Catching up...

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

Chapter 9: Catching up...

Time passed quickly when you're in SMA. Every students are rehearsing to perfection for the upcoming showcase, which is tomorrow. Everyone is feeling the pressure of performing.

JaeMin, JaeYoung, Miyong and AeRa hardly hang out together because of their busy schedule, with group dancing, duet and extra curricular activities. The only time they get to spend together was recess time. 

The four of them gathered together at the cafeteria. Talking and catching up on each other's live. While they were busy talking, Hyun Ae came by their table.

Hyun Ae: Hi  people! How's everything? 

AeRa: It's fine. We're a little overwhelmed with the schedule.

Hyun Ae: Really? My group had been practicing to prefection. We're practically ready.

JaeYoung: So, what? You came here to brag?

Hyun Ae: Not brag. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

JaeMin: Sound like bragging to me.

Hyun Ae: Well at least we're ready. I mean, are you guys even ready for the showcase?

Miyong: Hyun Ae shi, please take your questions and bore someone else.

Hyun Ae: (chuckled) You know i'm everything but boring.

JaeMin: That's not what Junhyung shi told us

Hyun Ae: What did he actually said to you? He didn't come for practice yesterday.

AeRa: He said, you're a y brat, that wouldn't stop talking about yourself and a crazy freak. I'm just quoting what he said.

Hyun Ae: NAPPEUN NOM! URGHHH!!! I'm going to kill him!

JaeYoung: GEEZ! Will you just shut the hell up?!

Hyun Ae looked at him like she was about to slap him. Hyun Ae straighten herself.

Hyun Ae: You guys listen up, when I'm up on that stage with my group, I'm going to blow your mind away.

AeRa: Whatever. Just go and blow whatever you wanna blow. Take that stick out from your while your at it.

Everyone at the table was laughing at what AeRa said. Then Nichkhun came and put his arms on AeRa's shoulder.

"Hey, what's going on? I heard screaming." He asked AeRa "Hyun Ae shi, what's going on?" He was looking at Hyun Ae standing at the side of the table.

"Nichkhun sunbae..." Hyun Ae became all polite all of a sudden. 

"What are you doing here, Hyun Ae shi? Isn't it enough that you're always bothering my members 24/7? Now you want to bother AeRa's friends too?" Nichkhun asked her.

"I didn't know you two were close." She said. Staring at Nichkhun and AeRa

"Seriously, lay off. Go use this time that you've wasted, for practice or maybe start making some friends of your own. Leave them alone." Nichkhun told her.

Hyun Ae was angry that she was humiliated. She took her bag and stormed off the cafeteria.

 


Aera (POV)

"MODA!" I thought to myself. Nichkhun was defending my friends, which was very cool. Not that I can't defend myself. Nichkhun and I had been going out for a few times. I guess you can call it dating, but we haven't introduced each other as boyfriend and girlfriend yet. I still can't wrapped my head around the fact that he wants to go out on a date with me. 

"Thanks for coming to our rescue." I said to him. "I thought she'll never leave".

"Cheonmannaeyo, agi." he smiled at me.

I tingled everytime he called me 'agi'. He looks so cute everytime he said it. I laughed when I saw JaeYoung oppa making puking faces.

"You guys are just too mushy, It's killing me." JaeYoung oppa said. "Aigoo, jjinja! Girls can we leave?" referring to Miyong and JaeMin

"I gotta go anyway, I have duet practice too. Bye lovebirds." JaeMin said.

"and I have to meet up with Dujun shi. See ya." Miyong picked up her backpack and went off.

"Bye guys! Call me later tonight! Love you guys!" AeRa yelled.

I miss my friends a lot. I wanted to hang out with them even more. But Gikwang had been texting me to come to practice and Nichkhun is really distracting me.

"Oppa, I have to practice too." I told him

"Jjinja? Jigeum?" He asked. Putting a frown on his face.

"Deh, Gikwang has been texting me for the past half and hour. I know he's gonna be mad at me." I explained. Cuping my hands on his cheeks.

"Arasseo, I'll see you tonight? Maybe?" Looking at me hoping for an answer

"Where to?" I asked curiously while he helped me put on my backpack. 

"The amusement park." He said "I just thought that we should just relax for 1 night. Everyone's been so intense with the showcase." He continued.

"OMO! Jeongmallyo?! Can I please bring my friends too?" I asked excitedly

"Of course, silly." he rubbed lightly on my head.

"Gomawo oppa! You're the best! See ya later!" I hugged him tightly and went for practice, which I'm already late for.

I'm excited to bring all my friends along, I know it sounded childlish but It's a place where we can be a kid again. Where we can forget about SMA for a while and just have fun for one night.

 


JaeYoung (Pov)

I was in the vocal classroom with Minji rehearsing for the duet. She was listening to her iPod and I was sitting on the table learning the lyrics. We chose the song 'Takin back my love by Enrique Iglesias and Ciara'. We decided to sing and dance for the showcase. Although, I've already gotten my choreography down, but I'm still lacking in memorizing the lyrics. Minji has practically memorize her part, now it's up to me to get my part.

"Minji ah...jeongmal joesonghabnida." I apologized to her.

"Mwos ttaemune?" she asked.

"Because I can't keep up with you." I said.

"Gwaenchanayo. I'll practice with you until you can get it right. I'm not giving up. I have a good feeling about this song. Hwaiting!" She said determinely

"Arasseo. Hwaiting!" I didn't wanted to dissapoint her. I wanted to show her that her duet partner is as awesome as the other vocal students too.

"Hey, listen to the song over and over again. Eventually, you will sing along to it. That's when you start to memorize lyrics." She suggested.

"Won't it be too late? Showcase is tomorrow" I asked 

"Then listen to it more often. Make time to listen to it, wherever you are." She said

"Shall we try again. I think I need help with the last bridge of the song." I wanted to give it another try. This is my first time ever debuting as a singer. I don't want to embarass myself.

Just then I received a text from AeRa...

"Nichkhun & I  r goin to de amusement park 2nite. U guys wanna join us? Pls come! It would be fun! IMU <3" AeRa texted.

"Hey, Nichkhun and AeRa are inviting us to the amusement park, do you wanna come along?" I asked Minji

"It sounds nice but amusement park is not really my thing." she said. "Mianhae you guys go ahead, maybe next time."

It's that sentence again. "Maybe next time." She keep refusing to go out with me. "Is there something wrong with me?" I asked myself. I wasn't asking her on a date. She's driving me crazy.

"You sure? It would be nice to have fun for one night. JaeMin and Miyong will come too." I thought I would try again.

"I'm sure. I mean the duet is not perfect yet. Showcase is in a week." She said.

"Then I'm not going. I'll stay and practice with you. Since it's our duet." I told her.

"No,no. Just go. I think AeRa misses you guys. It's ok. We will catch up tomorrow. Just make sure you keep listening to the song." She insisted.

"If you're not going then i'm not going. I know I'm stubborn, but you're my partner in this duet. We're a team. AeRa will understand" I said.

"You're crazy." She said.

I couldn't concentrate going to the amusement park knowing that my partner is practicing our duet all by herself. I decided to stay back and practice with her.

"AeRa ah, mianhae, I can't join u guys 2nite. I seriously need more practice on my duet. I'll make it up to you. I promise!" I texted.

 


JaeMin (POV)

I received AeRa's text not too long ago, I was excited about it too. It has been a long time since I've been there. Yoseop and I are practicing in the vocal class at the back of SMA. It's like our own little hang out space that no one knows but us.

Both of us are practically ready for the showcase. But I was worried about my stage fright. I didn't want to dissapoint him because of my stupid fear. Yoseop was standing by the window, he turned around and looked at me. He smiled. How can a guy can be that adorable and sing like an angel? I thought to myself. I smiled back at him. He came and sit in front of me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I'm always surprised how he knew me so well. He can practically read my mind. I've only known him for a few weeks. Everytime that I'm down or there's something bothering me, he's the first one to notice and first one to ask.

"I bet you already know what is bothering me." I told him

"Do I smell?" He joked

"(chuckled) NO!" I lightly hit his head.

"You think I'm too short. I know, I know. I mean I wished that men can wear heels normally and not get call a drag." He joked again.

"YA! That would be too weird. Weirdo!" I hit his right arm.

"Apayo!!! Arasseo. Mianhae. I just wanted you to lighten up." He said. "You're worried about the showcase, aren't you? He asked

"How is that you know what I'm thinking?" I asked curiously.

"It's written all over your face." He said.

"I'm just worried I'll dissapoint you on stage." I confessed.

"It's about your stage fright isn't it?" He questioned

I nodded. "What if I backed out at the last minute?" I asked nervously.

"Hey, like before, remember we sang at the preview? I told you to just look at me, shut out everything around you and just focus on me. Arattji?" He adviced me

"Arasseo. Focus on you." I assured him.

"Yes. I'm your firecracker right?" He smiled at me.

'Firecracker' was the nickname I gave him. He liked it. He actually admits he is one.

"Gomawo! You're awesome." I thanked him. "Oh! Another thing, Nichkhun and AeRa asked if we wanna join them to the amusement park. Do you wanna come?" I asked

"Can we bring the rest of the members too?" He asked.

"Sure." I said

"Cool! I'll let them know. I'll pick you up tonight." He offered.

He was clearly excited about it. Then, my handphone rang. I picked it up. It was Chansung. I recognized that deep voice of his.

Me: "Yeobuseyeo? Chansung ah..."

CS: "deh, it's me...Mwohaneungoya?" 

Me: "I'm practicing with Yoseop shi? Waeyo?"

CS: "Are you going tonight? Amusement park?"

Me: "Yes. Yoseop shi is picking me up."

CS: "Jeongmal? All the boys are coming too. It will be fun. I'll see you tonight"

Me: "Okay, see you."

I noticed the expression on Yoseop's face has changed.

"Nuguya? Is it Chansung sunbae?" He asked curiously.

"Deh, he just asked if I'm going tonight." I told him

"You like him don't you?" He asked.

Am I that transparent? How did he find that out? I never told him anything about it. Not even my friends, at least not yet until I'm sure of my feelings.

"How did you figured it out?" I asked. 

"From the way you act around him. I saw your expression when he called just know. Your face just lits up." He said.

"It's just a silly crush. I don't think he likes me." I assured him

"What's there not too like? You're sweet, funny, cool and most importantly you're talented." He complimented me.

"Is that what you think of me?" I asked.

"Yes, I think you're more than what you set yourself for." He said.

This is the first time anyone has said that to me. I was touched. Yoseop made me feel special. I immediately gave him a hug. I could feel that Yoseop was stunned. His body stiffened up, but I didn't care I kept hugging him and I whispered "Gomawo, my firecracker." Then he hugged back.

 


 

All of them were excited about going to the amusement park tonight. Everyone is coming including B2ST members and 2PM members except for JaeYoung who decided to stay back for practice. 

Amusement park...

Nichkhun and AeRa was waiting for the others at the main entrance. She was excited. Nichkhun was sitting on the bench at the side of the main entrance sipping a bottle of water.

When everyone arrived, they all paid for their own tickets and entered the amusement park.

AeRa was walking with JaeMin and Miyong. 

"I wanted to JaeYoung oppa to come badly!" AeRa said to the girls

"Me too. But at least you guys are here too!" JaeMin said

"You're just excited that Chansung sunbae is here." Miyong said.

"A little bit." JaeMin replied. 

"Can we go to the bumper cars first?" AeRa suggested

"Sure. I'll go ask the others if they wanna join." JaeMin said and ran off to ask B2ST members if they wanted to join.

B2ST members were watching the rides from a distant. Some of the 2pm boys were already queuing up for the rides, except Chansung who was looking at JaeMin walking towards his direction. B2ST member all agreed to the bumper cars. After that, Chansung went over to her side.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Chansung said

"Annyeonghaseyo Chansung shi." JaeMin said.

"Nice to see you here" He asked

"Nice to see you too." she replied. "Why aren't you lining up for the rides with your members?" She asked

"I think it's a little too early for extreme rides." Chansung replied. "Where you heading?" he asked

"Oh, the girls and I wanna go for the bumper cars. You wanna come?" She asked him

"Yeah sure." He answered.

They queued up together. Some of the B2ST members were talking amongst themselves, Dujun was standing in front of Miyong talking to each other, AeRa was at the back of the line totally clinging on to Nichkhun and JaeMin was standing in between Chansung and Yoseop. Which made her feel a liitle awkward. 

"You wanna seat together?" Yoseop asked JaeMin.

"Only if I get to drive."She said 

"Okay, you can drive first, but I have to drive too." He said

"We'll see!" JaeMin smiled at him.

"I got a feeling that you will be driving the whole time." Looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

 


Yoseop (POV)

Seeing Chansung standing beside her made me a little uncomfortable. I suddenly feel not important in his presence. How was I suppose to compare myself to him? He was tall, good looking body and he was charming. But whatever it is, seeing JaeMin happy makes me happy. I snapped her picture with my handphone. She turned around and looked at me.

"What was that for, Mr.Yang Yoseop?" She asked

"(Chuckled), I was just capturing the moment. Candid shots." I said

"Did you get a good one?" She asked again

"Nah not really." I teased

"Museun soliya?" She said

She was hitting my arm. I couldn't run away from her. Everyone was looking at us, fooling around.

"Okay. Okay! I'll let you see the picture." I showed her the picture.

She pouted and looked at me.

"Mean Seobbie." She knocked on my head.

Finally it was our turn. We picked the right bumper car and buckle our seat belt.

"Please don't kill me." I joked

"Don't worry, I'll give you a mild heartattack." She joked back.

Then, it start. Dujun was crazy, he drove all around the Dodgem and bump into everybody's car, Miyong looked angry and bump into him in full speed which made Dujun almost jumped out of the car. All of us laughed looking at his shocked expression.

Chansung drove and bang into our car. JaeMin followed him and bang into him. It felt like I wasn't in the car with her. JaeMin only had attention to Chansung. I was jealous. The girl that I like so much are totally ignoring me and paying attention to a guy that I can't even compete with.

She suddenly stopped the car.

"You thought I forgotten about you right, firecracker? Your turn!" She said. I changed seats with her.

"I thought I was invisible." I said to her.

I started driving. I drove away from Chansung. It's not that I hate him, I just didn't like the attention he was getting from JaeMin. I saw Junhyung at the corner, trying his best to control the his bumper car which was turning around and around. I turn my direction to him and quickly bumped into him, which made JaeMin burst out in laughter.

"Mianhae, JunHyung shi." She was still laughing while apologizing.

"JaeMin shi, I'm gonna get you!" Junhyung replied 

"It's not me driving! Blame this guy!" Pointing at me.

"You two are dead!" He finally managed to get his car under control and turned it around. He started chasing us.


After the bumper car, the group were suddenly separated into couple pairing. Nichkhun and AeRa. Dujun and Miyong. JaeMin and Yoseop. Chansung went and joined the other members. The rest of the B2ST members went to get a drink.

Gikwang was seating by the pavement waiting for the rest of the members, AeRa came by and sat beside him.

"Hi partner!" AeRa greeted him

"Hey." He greeted back

"Are you having fun?" She asked.

"Sure." He answered. "I didn't know that you and Nichkhun were getting intimate." He said suddenly

"I know it's just happen. One day, he called me and said let's date. Since I like him, I said okay." She replied.

"Just like that, you just start dating?" He asked

"I like him. He makes my heart skipped a beat." She said.

"And he takes your breath away." he added.

"Yeah he does." She replied. "Why are you asking this all of a sudden?" She asked him curiously

"Nothing, I was just surprised to see you guys all lovey dovey." He told her.

"You don't like him?" She asked again

"No, don't get me wrong, I just think that he's not the right guy for you." He said.

"Why is that?" AeRa was fanning herself with the park's map.

"Nothing. Forget it. I gotta go. The boys are calling." Gikwang took his water bottle that Hyunseung handed to him and left.

AeRa just sat there and watched Gikwang leave. She was curious of why Gikwang was acting that way. Nichkhun came and sat beside her.

"Agi ah, gwaenchana?" he handed her a can of soda.

"Gikwang is acting strangely again." She said to Nichkhun.

"What about?" He asked.

"I'm gonna ask him about it tomorrow. Let's go to the water rapids." She took Nichkhun hand and headed straight to the water rapids.

Dujun, Miyong, Yoseop and JaeMin were queuing up for the Boomerang rollercoaster. Which is a reversed rollercoaster. Miyong didn't say much but she was enjoying herself. JaeMin and Yoseop was busy snapping pictures together. Dujun handed a towel from his backpack to Miyong. Yoseop noticed.

"Aigoo, bureopda! JaeMin ah, you don't have any towel for me?" Yoseop teased.

"No towel, how about a tissue?" JaeMin played along.

"YA! Juggo sippeo?!" Dujun pulled Yoseop and gave him a knuckle rubbed on the head.

"Arasseo, arasseo. Appayo! I was just kidding." Yoseop said.

"Where's the rest?" Dujun asked

"I saw them went in to the horror house just know." JaeMin said.

"Mwo?! We're supposed to go together." Dujun said in disbelief

"You can joined them if you want." Miyong said

"Geuge anieyo! We were supposed to do that last." Dujun said.

"Gwaenchana, we'll go later!" Yoseop said.

Their turn was up. Dujun sat at the front seat with Miyong and Yoseop and JaeMin sat at the back. They buckled up and ready for take off.

All of them screamed their lungs out. They even bought the pictures that was captured on the rollercoaster, which made all of them laughed at their own faces.

After the rollercoaster, Dujun was hungry and went off to buy some food. Yoseop and JaeMin separated from them to go for the water rides. Miyong was walking by herself, and didn't notice that she walked towards the musical fountain. She looked at the fountain all her past came back like a speed of memory. She sat on the bench nearby the fountain and started to cry while staring at the fountain. Dujun came back and sat beside Miyong. He didn't notice that Miyong was crying.

"Hey, I bought you a sandwich and a can of coke." Dujun handed the sandwich to her.

Miyong ignored him. 

"Miyong shi, let's eat first. I bet you're hungry." Dujun offered again.

Miyong took the tissue from his hand and wiped her tears.

"Gwaenchana?" Dujun asked curiously.

"I'm not hungry." Miyong said. Still wiping her tears.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" Dujun was concerned

"This place brings back a lot of memories. It's a little overwhelming to come back to this place again after 3 years." Miyong said.

 


Miyong (POV)

I was haunted again by all the memories and moments I had here at the fountain. I felt guilty for ruining a happy night. I felt bad that Dujun had to be here with me, and I'm not ready to tell my part of the story. He was patient with me. 

"Please eat something. You're killing me here, I know you're hungry." Dujun handed me the sandwich again.

"You don't have to be here. You can join your members. I'll be fine here." I said. I didn't want him to be here missing out of all the fun.

"I can't leave you alone. I won't leave you alone. So, don't worry about me. Let me worried about you." He said

"I'm fine, really." I assured him.

"You're obviously not fine, if you're wiping your tears." He said. "You can tell me, you know. I'm not someone to blurred out secrets." Dujun said.

"I know you're not that type of person. But give me more time." I said to him.

Dujun put down his food and stand in the middle of the fountain and started dancing. I was surprised looking at Dujun dancing and getting himself wet. I ran towards the fountain and pulled him out.

"MWOHANEUNGOYA?! You're getting yourself wet, pabo!" I asked him

"Come join me!" He pulled me in the fountain.

People were watching us acting all crazy. Dujun was doing all his goofy dance and fell on his a few times and that made me burst out in laughter. That made Dujun stopped dancing for a while.

"Is that what I think it is? I'm not sure what you're going through, but seeing you cry breaks my heart, so I will do this all the time if I can get a laughter out of you." He continued his goofy dance with his crazy expressions tagging along

I was unknowingly dancing along with him too. People were watching us, but both of us couldn't care less. I was still laughing watching the way he dance, I never laughed this hard before. Dujun stood up and stand in front of me. He smiled at me and cupped his hands on my cheeks.

"I'll do all my goofy dance, to see you smile again. I hope that you will open up to me someday. Forget all your past and make room for new memories." He pulled me closer to him and hugged me. Both of us we're standing in the middle of the fountain hugging. The crowd started clapping and cheering for us. 

"They think we're putting on a show" I said to him.

"It was. Dujun's goofy dance, one night only! You'll never wanna miss!" He replied.

"Thanks, for entertaining me."I looked up at him. He pulled me closer into his embrace.

My head rested on his chest. He was wet but it felt warm. Dujun was making all my dark past slowly fading away bit by bit. 

 


 

How did chapter 9 go? Was it good, lame, funny or exciting? Please give me comment and advice so that I can write better fanfic! Please do subcribe if you like this story. Thank You!