Chapter 2: Meetings and greetings.

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

After B2ST members introduced themselves, they started asking questions about the girls. 

Dujun: Welcome to SMA!

Yoseop: How do you guys know each other?

JaeYoung: We've been friends since we were kids. We went to the same elementary school. 

Hyunseung: You (pointing to JaeMin) and Miyong shi look alike. Sisters?

JaeMin: No, we're cousins.

Dongwoon: JaeYoung shi is pretty famous in the academy...

JaeYoung: Yeah right! You guys have fans! "OPPA, neomu johayo!" (mimicking a fangirl)

Everyone in the room laughed.

Gikwang: Its true! There's always girls asking him out. But he rejects them.

JaeYoung: (Chuckled) The only reason they are asking me out is because of you guys. Pabo!

 


Junhyung (POV)

After greeted the girls, I went back to my favorite place in the room, which is by the window. 

I evaluate the girls from afar. Hua MiYong shi, long black hair tied up in a ponytail, fair skin. Different than the rest of the girls. She seem very quiet and reserved. Doesn't smile much. The boys asked her some question but she only answered them in one word. 'Yes', 'No', 'Sometimes'. Very few syllables from her.

AeRa on the other hand is the total opposite of Miyong, wavy light brown hair, petite and kinda cute. Bubbly girl and talkative. Putting her, if i'm not mistaken 'Burberry' handbag on her lap while talking to the boys. She looks like she comes from a wealthy family. B2ST members seem to enjoy her presence. 

JaeMin, red copper hair also tied up in a ponytail. The tallest one among the girls. Kinda shy, just like me and has a good sense of humor, she managed to make the members laughed at her jokes. But has a strong presence about her, a charismatic presence. I noticed Yoseop's been glancing her at the whole time. "This will be interesting" I thought to myself. 

 


Yoseop (POV)

I was staring at JaeMin the whole time. Not sure If I was even paying attention to what they were talking about. She seem very shy but always smiling, a sweet smile, the kind of smile that pulls you in.

But I have to compose myself, I don't even know her yet.

Suddenly she asked me a question...

JaeMin: Yoseop shi, I heard from the boys that you can sing well. Do you mind singing a song? Just a short one.

Yoseop: (I didn't prepare anything, how should I impress her?) Erm..Okay, I'll try.

The only song I can think of was a song by Eric Benet- Cracks of a brokenheart. Why am I so nervous? This should be easy for me. I never felt like this. Okay, here it goes.

"So just hold on,

and it won't take long,

I hope that you can love me,

when the pain is gone

don't want us to fall through the cracks of a brokenheart..."

JaeMin was looking at me the whole time when I was singing. I just kept my eyes closed while I sang.

Dujun: Ya jasig! You always sing well!

JaeMin: Wow, that was amazing!

Yoseop: Gomawo. I didn't think I sang well though.

JaeMin: I think that was as good as it can get.

AeRa: JAEMIN CAN SING WELL TOO! JAEMIN SING SOMETHING FOR US! 

 

 


Kang JaeMin (POV)

When AeRa suddenly asked me to sing, I was stunned and didn't know what to do. After listening to Yoseop sing, in my head I'm thinking "How the hell am I suppose to top that?" 

JaeYoung oppa, Miyong and AeRa encouraged me to sing. My first day in the academy and here I am trying to show my vocals to the multi-talented B2ST. Here it goes...

"Some people want it all

But I don't want nothing at all

If it ain't you baby

If i ain't got you baby

some people want diamond rings

some just want everything

but everything means nothing...if i ain't got you..." (If I ain't got you by Alicia Keys)

The room became quiet. B2ST member was all staring at me, even JunHyung switched off his iPod. Only JaeYoung oppa, Miyong and AeRa heard me sang before. Their the ones that pushed me to audition for SMA. Although I was reluctant at first, but I got up the courage to audition.

DongWoon speaked out "JaeMin shi, you can really sing, well done!"

I was shocked that they liked it. I didn't know that I sang that well, I thought that Yoseop shi sounded better and then I said " Jjinja? Jjinjaru?" They all nodded.  

"You have a nice voice! You and Yoseobie should duet sometime." Junhyung finally speak out.

I looked at Yoseop shi and he was looking at me too. We both started to blush. 

 


 

The bell rang. JaeYoung lead the girls to their first class, which is vocal lesson. Inside of the class, we're filled with freshmen, juniors, sophomore and seniors that are majoring in singing, probably about 15-20 students including the girls. Maybe around 5 of us were freshmen.

All the B2ST members were there too. A few of them were warming up their vocals, some of them were talking and some of them were just sitting down quietly.

The girls found themselves seats and sat down. As soon as they sat down, a girl came up to them. Dark brown hair, lean and tall. 

"Which one of you here lucky enough to get a scholarship?" she asked. Miyong just stared at her. AeRa wanted to answer her, but Miyong stopped her.

Miyong answered "Why do you asked?"

"Because I heard that one of the freshmen was offered a scholarship on the day of the audition" the girl said while playing with her hair, "and it was offered by the infamous Ms.Shim".

"Are you a freshmen too?" JaeMin asked.

"Yes I'm Park Hyun Ae, I just wanted to meet the person who received the scholarship." she asnwered. "I wanna know how good she is". Still playing with her hair continuously.

Just then, Ms.Shim came in, the class immediately became really quiet. Ms. Shim has a asymmetrical edgy bob hair do, light brown hair, bright smile and sharp round eyes. She is in her early 30's.

"Good morning vocal students! Welcome freshmens!" Ms.Shim greeted the class.

The class replied good morning to her too. "I'm Ms.Shim and I am your vocal teacher. Okay, I want all the freshmen to come up front and make an introduction to the whole class".

The 5 freshmen went up front. First girl started the introduction.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Song Eun Hee ibnida. Majoring in singing, dancing and musical instrument." She went back to her seat. 

"Who's next? Come on now, we don't have all day" Ms. Shim said.

The girl that was talking to the girls just now went in front. "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Hyun Ae ibnida. I come here for a reason and a reason only, is to be the best."

Ms.Shim chuckled and said "Pretty cocky there."

Hyun Ae gave Ms.Shim an arrogant smile.

"Being cocky won't get you far, so save it. Thank you Hyun Ae shi. Get back to your seat please, NEXT!" Ms.Shim said to Hyun Ae. Hyun Ae's smile turn sour after that comment.

Some of the students were laughing at Hyun Ae's comment from Ms.Shim. Ms.Shim never liked kids that are cocky and arrogant. She believes that everyone here has equal potential, but its how they make use of their potential to become better.

JaeMin came to the front. JaeMin's weakness is public speaking and stage fright, she gets really nervous.

"A..Ann..Annyeonghaseyo, Kang JaeMin ibinida, I'll work hard to reach my goals and pleasure to be classmates with everyone." JaeMin went back to her seat, still shaking from the introduction.

"JaeMin shi, don't be shy. Now that's positive, that's what we need. I don't tolerate cockiness. Alright, who's next?" she asked.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hua MiYong ibnida. I'm majoring in composing, singing and dancing. I'm really grateful to be here." Miyong bowed to the class and Ms.Shim.

"Miyong shi is one of the freshmen that I offered the scholarship. When she came to audition the other day, I felt that I was in a concert. It was entertaining.That what I call a strong stage presence. Well done Miyong shi, Hwaiting!" Ms.Shim praises Miyong.

Miyong said "Kamsahamnida" and went back her seat.

Lastly was AeRa's turn.

AeRa introduced herself "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee AeRa ibnida. Singing and dancing is my passion, getting accepted here was a blessing. Nice to meet my teacher and seniors! Please take care of me well!"  The class gave AeRa a round of applause for her bubbly greeting.

"Gomawo AeRa shi, please take your seat. Wow, you're a lively one! Teaching you would be interesting." Ms.Shim commented on AeRa.

"Okay, I know the freshmen are all wondering, why are the juniors, the sophomore and the seniors are all in one class. I've combined all the students because, this is the remaining student that made it through the exams. This academy is a strict academy, and i'm a strict teacher. If you don't do well, I'll kicked you out of my class, if you're lazy, sorry I don't have any beds in the classroom, out you go! This is a respectable academy, we only accept student that will work hard no matter what. Those who think sleeping is more important than they can continue doing that at home. Don't waste your time here, don't waste the other student's time and most importantly do not waste my time, arratji?

All the student answered "Arraseo, Ms.Shim!"

 


        So, how was the 2nd chapter? Good, lame, cheesy? Please comment or advice me, so that I can improve better! Thanks