CHAPTER 13: LAST DAY OF SHOWCASE...REVEALING AND SHARING

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

CHAPTER 13:LAST DAY OF SHOWCASE.REVEALING AND SHARING...

It was a cold windy morning, the air was still wet from the early morning rain. Miyong came out from her house wearing a black mini boots to avoid from puddles. Usually Dujun will come to pick her up, but this morning he called and said he had some errands to do. She didn't want to bother JaeYoung or any of her friends for a ride, so she decided to take the bus. Miyong put on her iPod and hung her bag on her right shoulder walking towards the bus stand. 

Miyong was gazing into the sky. Her mind started to wander. Is it always like this? She asked herself. Wrapping the scarf around her neck a little tighter from the wind. Then it started to drizzle. Miyong remembered something from the past, she was smiling all by herself now, looking up at the sky again. 'I miss you too.' she said while staring at the sky. The rain started to pour heavily, she quickly run towards the bus stand to shelter from the rain.

"It's your anniversary today, that's why it's raining, right?" Talking by herself. "I will go and see you again today. I promise" She said

Not long later, the bus arrived. She climbed up the bus and found a seat by the window.

 


Miyong (POV)

Every year it will rain on the same day. He once told me that when it rains, that means he's watching over me or he misses me. I know it sounds weird as if he's the one controlling the weather, but every time it rains, I feel his presence. Like he was right beside me some how. 

My hand phone suddenly rang. I took it out from my bag, and saw the caller was 'Dujun oppa'.

"Yeobuseyo?" I greeted him

"Are you on the way to the academy now?" He asked

"Ye, I'm on the bus now." I said

"Sorry that I couldn't pick you up earlier." He apologized

"Gwaenchana. Are you driving?" I asked

"No, I'm already at the academy. Waiting for uri Miyongie." He said. I blushed when he said that. Thank goodness he can't see my pink cheeks now.

"(Chuckled) Arasseo. I'll be there in 5 minutes. I'll meet you at the auditorium. Annyeong." I hung up.

After a few minutes later, the bus came to a stop. Once I stepped down from the bus, Dujun was waiting for me. Shivering.

"Good Morning my horse." He said

"Good morning. What are you doing outside? Pabo, it's cold." he took my bag from me and hung it on his shoulder.

"Waiting for you. What else? Gaja" He put his arm on my shoulder. "Aren't you cold? I'm freezing!" heading towards the academy.

As soon as I arrived in the auditorium, AeRa came running towards my direction.

"Miyong ah! You're going last today. JaeMin unnie and Yoseop sunbae are going first." She said

"Jjinja? Arasseo. That's all you need to tell me?" I settle my bag down and sat beside JaeMin, who was tying her shoe laces.

"JaeMin ah, how are you doing?" She sat up. "Are you going to be okay, going first?" I asked her

"I'll be ok. I think." Leaning back to the back of her seat

"If Yoseop sunbae is by her side, she will be ok. It was a miracle seeing her perform last night. Unnie, daebak!" AeRa said

"I can't explain it. But somehow I was gaining confidence on stage." JaeMin said "Weird." she continued.

"Yah, there's nothing weird about that. Yoseop was just a boost for you, that was all you last night." I put my arms on her shoulder.

"I saw you went back with Chansung sunbae last night..." AeRa said

"I went for  supper with him and then he sent me home." JaeMin looking around to see if anybody was near them. "We actually confessed to each other last night. Well, I confessed to him first." JaeMin started to whisper.

"MWO?! What did he say?" I was getting curious

"I actually confessed that I had a crush on him. Then the shocking thing was, he said that he had a crush on me too." JaeMin said

"OMO! JJINJA?!?!" AeRa was getting excited

"Yah Lee AeRa! Juggo sippeo?!? You don't have to speak so loud!" Lightly pushing AeRa.

"Arasseo. Mianhae. Continue please." AeRa lowered down her voice

"He said that when he notices that I was happier being with Yoseop, he backed off. And said that being friends with me would be enough." JaeMin said while looking around, making sure Yoseop wasn't paying attention.

"Mwoya? He said that to you?" I asked

"(nodded) He told me to give Yoseop a chance too." JaeMin said that with a smile.

"Unnie, Yoseop sunbae fell for you the first time he met you. Remember the time when JaeYoung oppa introduced them to us for the first time? At the dance studio?" AeRa explained

"Jamkkan...How do you know this?" JaeMin asked

"Sunbae told me. You weren't around that time, you were at swimming practice. He told me to keep it from you." AeRa said

Yoseop came and interrupt our conversation.

"Joesonghaeyo ladies, may I borrow my duet partner?" Yoseop handed out his hand towards JaeMin.

"Of course, she's all yours sunbae." AeRa said.

JaeMin went off with Yoseop to backstage for rehearsal. Not too long, Dujun came to my seat.

"I need to take her away too. Mianhae AeRa ah." Dujun took my bag again and hung it on his shoulder.

"Arasseo. Hwaiting!" AeRa cheered.

 


 

Christmas was a few weeks away, some of the students were decorating the school hallways, some were decorating the auditorium and some were putting up the Christmas tree at the school lobby. 

JaeYoung was waiting for Minji at her locker. Holding a hot cup of chocolate in hand while humming.

Not too long, Minji walked in the academy, looking all drained out and holding her coffee in hand.

"Good morning to you.... What happened to you? Gwaenchana?" JaeYoung touches her forehead with the back of his hand. "You have a fever." JaeYoung said.

"I woke up this morning, feeling like crap." Drinking her coffee

"JAMKKAN!" Stopping her from drinking. JaeYoung took her cup and gave her the hot chocolate that he bought for her earlier on. "This is fresh made hot chocolate. No coffee." Minji looking at him weirdly.

"Thanks. I hate this. It's almost Christmas, and I have a fever." Shoving JaeYoung away to open up her locker.

"Wow, you sure are grumpy when you're sick. Come here, let me give you a big hug." JaeYoung hugged her tightly.

"YAH!" Pushed him away. JaeYoung who was still on crutches, almost fell over.

"Whoa! That was close." JaeYoung keeping his balance. "Why do you like pushing me?" He asked

"Mianhae. Let's just get to the auditorium." She said.

"Are you going to avoid me again?" JaeYoung following her

"Since when I was avoiding you?" Minji replied

"You're doing that thing again. Like the last time. Why do you do that?" JaeYoung finally catched up on her with his crutches.

"Do what?" She kept on walking

"I like Minji from the hospital. Not this Minji that keeps avoiding me, when I try to give her a hug. A friendly hug." JaeYoung try to catch up with her again.

"Well, that was because I felt guilty for pushing you down the stairs." JaeYoung stood in front of her this time

"I know you like me too. But what I don't get is why are you trying to avoid me?" Minji didn't want to look at him.

"I've already explained this to you." JaeYoung lift Minji's head to face him. "Can't we just be friends?" She asked him

"Is this about you being distracted?" JaeYoung asked

"When I like someone too much, I get distracted and I can't focus on doing well." She explained. Minji continued walking

"Wait! Are you worried that you will like me or are you worried because you already have feelings for me?" JaeYoung pulled her arm to stopped her from walking.

"Can we talk about this later?" Entering the auditorium.

"Andwae! YAH Gong Minji!" Trying to stop her from going in the auditorium

"JaeYoung ah...Don't get me wrong, you're a really nice guy..."Minji said slowly

"But...you're afraid. Did I guessed right?" JaeYoung said

"Mianhae." Minji quickly went in the auditorium. Leaving JaeYoung behind looking at her from the back.

 


JaeYoung (POV)

I just stood there looking at her like a fool. She wouldn't open up her feelings for me and it's driving me insane. 

"Can't we just be friends?" Her words still lingering in my head. Her expression earlier on look more serious than usual. Like she meant what she said. I wanted more than friends. This is the first girl that I really like since, well ever. Although, girls always asking me out, but I never really had a girlfriend. Minji was the first one that I can't stop thinking about since the day I met her. The problem is, I can't really understand what she feels about me. Every time I wanted to hug her or maybe just to get close to her, she pushed me away. Literally. Then the next day, she pretended as if nothing has happened.

 I walked in the auditorium, and saw Dujun and Miyong was on stage rehearsing. Dujun's eyes are focused on Miyong. Their performance was flawless. They actually look like a real couple.

This was the first time that Dujun was so in to someone. Before all he talks about is soccer, but now the topic are all about "Miyongie". B2ST members and I, always about that. His face usually become all red like a baboon's .

I saw Junhyung, Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Gikwang were all seating together watching the rehearsal. All of them were done with their duet and dance performance, so I decided to join them. I sat beside Junhyung who was sipping his coke. He started looking at me weirdly.

"Waeyo?" curiously asking him

"Neol Gwaenchana? Something bothering you?" Continued drinking his coke

"Molla. I'm confused about Minji." I took out a packet of chips I bought earlier and started munching it.

"Minji? Wae? Did you guys fight again?" he asked

"Can you tell if she likes me?" I shared my chips with him

"Thanks... I'm not sure either. Sometimes I see you guys together, both of you are happy. Then a few minutes later, Minji started to look uncomfortable. Like she wants to avoid you somehow." He said while paying attention to the stage.

"She doesn't want me to get close to her. She thinks I'm a distraction to her. She told me she just wanna be friends." I explained to Junhyung

"JaeYoung ah... I can't tell what is she thinking but...If you like her enough, you just gotta be patient with her." Junhyung spoke out

"Arasseo. Mianhae, you have to listen to my girl problem." Felt bad that he had to listened to me venting.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll be there too, when I need your help." He smiled at me.

Junhyung was right. Frustrating about it wouldn't help. I just have to be patient with her. I put it at the back of my mind and concentrate on supporting my friends on stage.

"Dujun and Miyong's performance was cool. Don't you think?" Junhyung asked

"Yup. All that rap practice he had paid off... Dujun likes her a lot, huh? I haven't seen him looked at a girl like that before." Chugging down a bottle of water.

"I don't think he just 'like' her. I think it's more than that." Junhyung practically finished most of my chips.

Looking at the way Dujun looks at her every time, made me realized Junhyung was right again, Dujun is in love with her. It wasn't just a silly crush but he fell for her.

"Junhyung ah..." I put my arms on his shoulder

"Wae?" He looked at me

"I never knew you were so smart." I said to him

"Michingo aniya?! Juggo sippeo?! All these time I was stupid to you?!" He pushed me away.

" (Laughed) Aniya! You said a few things that I thought it actually make sense." I had both of my hands crossed in front of him, trying to defend myself.

"Urgghh Pabo!" He knocked my head with his knuckles.

I peeked a glance at her. She wasn't paying attention to the performance. She looked restless. 

I hated that she kept running away from me.

 


Minji (POV)

JaeYoung was getting frustrated with me. The problem is I do like him...a lot actually. But I was afraid of getting hurt again and I was also afraid of hurting him.

This happened to me before. Before I came in to SMA, I found out that my ex-boyfriend was kissing my best friend at the back of the school. I was devastated. I trusted the both of them and they ended up betraying me. I couldn't forgive them, especially my best friend. I couldn't concentrate in my classes, I didn't want to talk to anyone, teachers started to get worried and called up my parents.

My parents made a decision to take a week break for me from school. They were worried about me, hearing me crying in my bedroom all night, can't even look at them the next morning because my eyes were so swollen. I hated to see them worrying over me. From then on, I told myself, I can't have any relationship when I get into SMA. I didn't want to make my parents worry again like that. 

But when I was partnered up with JaeYoung, everything's changed. He was the total opposite of my ex-boyfriend. He was too good looking, too popular with the girls, and stubborn. But above all that, he was thoughtful, cared about everybody except for himself, and a total gentleman. 

I realized I had feelings for him when that accident happened. Where I accidentally pushed him down the stairs and he sprained his ankle. I was the only one accompanying him that night. JaeYoung feeding his ramyun to me. We joked and teased each other through the whole night until he was asleep.

As soon that he was asleep, I laid down on the couch, trying to get some shut eye. I couldn't sleep well that night, the couch was seriously uncomfortable and it was cold. I heard him woke up, so I pretended to be asleep. He tried to carry me to his bed, but he was struggling having to hop on one foot. So, he ended up taking his blanket and tucked me in. Then he left. A few minutes later he came back and sat on the couch beside me, and I still remembered everything that he whispered to me that night.

"You're so different than the rest"

"Why won't you let me in, like you did tonight?"

"Do you even know that I like you a lot?"


Those were the words he said to me, he then landed a peck on my lips. My body froze up, my heart was throbbing and my head was spinning from that kiss. Yoon JaeYoung kissed me!

I pretended not to know about it. I told myself, If he doesn't know that I know, matters won't get worst. But every time I look at him, I remembered that kiss, and I suddenly become this pathetic, nervous, panic mode girl, who keeps avoiding him like a fool. What should I do? Should I just continue to ignore him? Would that hurt his feelings? Should I just follow my feelings? What if the same thing happen to me again? All these question was making me crazy. 

I was too in my zone that I didn't realized he was beside me. He grabbed my hand, I tried to loosen up his hold, but he refuses to. 

"YA! YOON JAE YOUNG?! MWOHANEUNGOYA?!?!" He dragged me to a place that I didn't even know it exist in SMA.

He then pushes my back against the wall. He leaned his hands beside my head, looking at me intensely. My heart was beating like crazy, not knowing what was he going to do to me.

"Wa...Wae geurae?" I tried to avoid his eye contact. But it was hard, his eyes were seductive and it was hard to look away.

Both of his hands cupped my cheeks. I was basically a statue, I froze up again. 

He looked at me with his soft expression. Then he hugged me.

"Minji ah, please don't avoid me again." He spoke softly.

"W...Wha...What was that all about?" I asked him, still in his embrace

"Sorry, did I give you a shock?" He asked

"JaeYoung ah..." He looked at me, broke away from his embrace.

"I know you like me Minji and I like you a lot, I want us to be more than friends. You're the first girl that I have feelings for, and it's driving me insane, that you keep avoiding me like a plague... I promise not to break your heart or be a distraction to you." He confessed.

"Wow...I don't know what to say..." My mind was still seeing stars.

"Do you like me?" JaeYoung asked

"I...I..." I lightly push him away. But he didn't even nudge

"I'm not moving until you give me an answer, call me stubborn." He said

"I don't know what's going to happened, but if I don't do this... I feel like I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life." I was going with my feelings and finally decide to confess to him. "I really like you. I do. You're stubborn, you're popular and girl magnet, but something about you that makes me can't stop thinking about you, I'm not sure what is it. I get a little paranoid about you getting close to me because of what happened to me before, that's why I tried to tell myself best to avoid you. I didn't want to go back to that anymore." He was looking me while I was confessing to him.

"I won't let you. I promise. It takes two to work this." He took my hands "Gong Minji, you're the first girl that drive me nuts, in a good way of course. You're the first girl that I have feelings for." Then he kissed me. It was a soft but sweet kiss that left me breathless. "I've been wanting to do that." he said

"I thought you already did before...Twice!" I said to him. He looked at me curiously.

"Jamkkan... This was the first..." He stopped. "MWOYA?! I thought you were asleep at the hospital...Aigoo!" He covered his face with his hands. I burst out in laughter.

"I couldn't sleep. It was freezing, pabo!" I laughed

"JJINJA?! You weren't asleep?!?! You heard everything that I said too?!?!?! So, all these time you knew, and you didn't say anything?" His face was still red.

"Opps!" Then I pushed him away, harder this time, he tried to catch me, I quickly ran into the auditorium.

"YAH! GONG MINJI!!" He yelled out.

 


 

The rehearsals ended early. Most of the students went home to get a good rest for tonight's last performance. Dujun and Miyong were the only students left in the auditorium. They were having late lunch together. It started to rain heavily outside.

"I wonder when will JaeMin open up her feelings to uri Seobbie ah...Did you see their rehearsal just now? That was pure chemistry. I think three quarter of the academy thinks they are a couple." Dujun taking out snacks from his backpack.

"To be honest with you, I don't know what my cousin is thinking sometimes. Give 'em time." She handed a tissue to Dujun.

"Gomawo...Easy question. Do you think she likes him?" Dujun asked curiously

"Yes." Miyong sipped from her water bottle.

"Then, what is she waiting for?" Dujun looked a little frustrated. "Do you know that Seobbie keeps me up all night, reporting to me about his day with her?" He added

"I'm not sure. Maybe she still likes Chansung sunbae. Like I said, I can't tell what is she thinking about." Miyong answered

"...It's raining again." Dujun said

"OH No!" All of a sudden Miyong stood up, her expression look frantic, causing some of the snack that Dujun bought drop to the floor. Miyong quickly took her bag and started running.

"Miyongie?! Where are you going?!" Miyong ignored him. Dujun quickly grab his bag and went after her.

Miyong kept running, she didn't even realized that she was running under the rain. Dujun was not too far behind her. Miyong keep muttering the words "No,no...How could I have forgotten?! Pabo, pabo!"

Dujun caught up with her, he grabbed her arm and turned her to faced him.

"Where are you going?" He asked her again

"I need to go!" Miyong was ignoring his question. She didn't even realize that she was all wet.

"Can I at least give you a ride, or are you gonna keep running in this rain?" Dujun asked her again.

"No, it's okay. You can go back first, I have my raincoat with me. Go back, arasseo?" Miyong took out her raincoat and put it on, she started running again.

"YA!!! HUA MIYONG!!!" Dujun yelled out her name, but she wouldn't listen.

Dujun felt uneasy leaving her alone. Even though Miyong didn't want him to come along, but something just didn't sit right with him. Dujun took out his umbrella from his truck, and he quietly followed her from the back.

 


DUJUN (POV)

She was heading to the cemetery. That started to send chills down my spine. Crazy thoughts are running through my mind. What is she doing here? Why is she here?Why does she come here all alone?

She kept walking, and walking, and walking until she stopped in front of a cherry blossom tree. She laid out a blanket on the grass, and sat on it.

I walked closer but still keeping my distance from her. There were a few bushes nearby, I decided to hide in one of them. 

"I feel so silly, the things I do, surprises me sometime." I thought to myself. This is my first time hiding by a bush, trying to eavesdrop, in a cemetery.

Miyong put her right hand on the tombstone. Who was this person that she has to be so secretive about? 

"Oppa, nan yeogisseo. Happy Anniversary." She said

"I miss you. I can't believe it has been 3 years now. A lot has happened to me. I used to be like a light less soul. I couldn't smile, I wouldn't talk and I prefer to be alone. But now, someone is helping me find my way back to my old self." Miyong continued.

"When I enrolled in SMA, I met someone, he kinda reminds me of you, in a way. Like you, he never gave up on me, he cared about me, he makes me laugh, which I haven't done in a long time...He's like the sun. Even though I keep a lot of secrets from him, he still stayed by my side and being patient with me." Miyong smiled a little.

My heart was racing, my mind was running wild. Who was she talking about? Is it me? Is there another guy that she's referring to?

"...Did you happen to send him to me? The things that he says and does, reminded me a lot about you..." Miyong said

"Oppa, I will always love you and I know that you want me to be happy but I will learn to love again. I will open my heart to him. Please give me your blessing." Putting both of her hands on her chest

Then there was a light breeze that blew by. It felt strange. Miyong was smiling again.

"Gomasimida, oppa." She lightly whispered.

"HAAAAAAACHOOOOO!!!" I suddenly sneezed from the cold. I quickly covered my mouth hoping that she didn't hear that.

"(Laughed) Dujun oppa, you can come out now pabo." She called out.

I slowly stood up, covering my red face.

"Mianhae..." I said

"Come here..." She signal me, to sit beside her.

I saw the name on the tombstone... It was written 'Lee Hyuk Jae'.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Hyuk Jae shi. Nice to meet you" I bowed and then sat beside her

"You heard everything I said didn't you?" She asked

"Ye, I was worried about you, so I followed you. I shouldn't been eavesdropping. Joesonghaeyo." I apologized.

"Gwaenchana, it was time for me to tell you anyway." She smiled. "Dujun ah, meet my first love. Eunhyuk ah, meet the sun that I was talking about, Yoon Du Jun shi." She introduced  me to him

"Mwo? Sun?  Nugu? Na...naya? J..jj..jjinja? That guy were talking about was me?" My mind froze up, still processing her words.

"(Laughed) Yes." Miyong's expression was different than usual, she was like a different person. A happier person.

I took her hand and I hold it tight. I knelt down in front of his tombstone.

"Hyuk Jae shi, geogjeong maseyo, I promise to take care of her and I'll do my very best to always make her happy. I will make her smile and laugh more everyday. Last but not least, I promise to love her and only her." I said to him.

I turn to her and I gave her a hug, this time I didn't have to hesitate, I didn't have to think twice to know if I was doing the right thing. We slowly broke apart, and for the first time, I kissed her. I could feel both of our hearts thumping loudly together. Tears started building up in her eyes, I wiped it away with my thumb.

"Thanks for appearing into my life, Dujun ah." she said

"As cheesy as this sound, It should be me thanking you. By that, I dedicate this goofy dance to you." I took her hand and brought her to an open land.


Miyong (POV)

Today, I felt Eunhyuk's presence again. He whispered his blessing to me through the wind. He told me to be happy and I promise him I will.

There he was dancing his goofy dance, with both hands in the air, jumping up and down. I burst out in laughter. 

I was indeed happy again. He was the sun that brought me out from the darkness.

Dujun started sneezing again, I quickly take my blanket and covered him.

"We have to perform tonight, you can't fall sick. Let's go back, we both need a warm shower. You can be a goofball tomorrow." I took his hand.

"Arasseo, uri Miyongie." He said. Those words made me all tingly inside, I have forgotten what it feels like to fall in love again.

He put his arms on my shoulder and we both walked back to the academy. Even though, both of us were wet from the rain, but we weren't cold. I was smiling so much, I feel like a fool.

"You know, your friends will be surprised tonight." He said

"I know, I want to show them that I'm my old self again." I said hugging him tightly around the waist.

"The boys will totally freaked out to know we are a couple now." He looked at me. He smiled. "I still can't believe this, Hua Miyong actually have feelings for me." He said in disbelief. "Miyong ah, will you please tell me about Hyukjae shi?" He said suddenly

"He was older than you, my family didn't like me being with him, but I was stubborn. My parents didn't talk to me for quite some time. But Eunhyuk hated to see that because of him, I ignored my parents. So, he tried his very best to make my parents like him. It took him a while to convinced them, my parents grew a bond with him, so as my other siblings. He was like family. One night, my family wanted him to come for dinner at my house. But that time he was back in his hometown. He didn't want to disappoint my parents, so he drove back to Seoul as fast as he can. That night, I received a phone call from his parents, saying that he was in a car crashed, a drunk driver was driving carelessly and caused Eunhyuk's car to skidded over. He died before even reaching the hospital." My tears was falling again, remembering that incident.

"That's all in the past now. I know that he doesn't want you to be sad anymore. So, don't cry. Arasseo?" I nodded. "You don't have to say anymore. Thanks for sharing it with me. Come on, we're almost there. I'll take you home." He continued.

We both continued walking, until we reached his truck. As always, a gentleman that he is, he gave me a ride home. In the truck, we were quiet, but both of us can't stop smiling with each other. He held my hand the entire ride home. When we arrived, he walked me right up to my front door and gave me a peck on the lips. My heart skipped a beat. Like we just had a date, a date at the cemetery of course. An extraordinary date. With spirits and everything.

"I'll come pick you up later. Go on inside. Annyeong" Once I went in, he jump in his truck and drove away.

 


Tonight was the last day of showcase. JaeMin and Yoseob were waiting anxiously backstage. Knowing that both of them were up first, Yoseob was worried about JaeMin's stage fright. Will she conquer it tonight? Yoseob saw her sitting on one of the bench backstage, biting her fingernails.

Yoseob sat beside her and hold her hand.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Yoseob asked

"I'm nervous, but I can do this." JaeMin answered

"Just like we rehearse. Arattji?" Yoseob winked at her

"Arasseo. Gomawo." JaeMin said.

He took her hand and walked her to the side of the stage. Once their name was called, JaeMin took a deep breath and head out first. Yoseob wait at the back of the stage. The song started, JaeMin sang the first verse, it was slightly shaky but she was slowly gaining her confidence. When she reached the chorus, JaeMin started to get comfortable on stage. Then it was Yoseob's turn, he came in from the back singing his first verse. As always, the stage was no stranger to him, he was moving around the stage easily. He then, went near to JaeMin, which made the audience to "Whoooo". He held JaeMin's hand and sang the last bridge. Yoseob's gaze never wavered from JaeMin's. JaeMin then bravely put her hands on his cheeks and started singing her part. Which made Yoseob stunned. They didn't practiced this. When the song reached the last verse, JaeMin's hands were on his chest singing

"Baby baby baby, baby boo~"

She rested her head on his chest and Yoseob slowly hugged her. The audience were cheering for them loudly.

 


"Aigoo, they're too cute." AeRa said

"Those were acting" Gikwang replied her.

"Psffttt...Men. Let me ask you were you acting when you kissed my forehead?" AeRa asked him

Gikwang kept quiet.

"Those two like each other a lot, but JaeMin unnie is too confused." AeRa explained.

"Why is she confused?" Gikwang all blurred out

"Never mind." AeRa noticed Dujun and Miyong were holding hands walking to the backstage. "Since when did those two get all lovey dovey?" AeRa asked curiously. "JaeYoung oppa, did you see that?" She asked JaeYoung who was talking to Minji

"Mwoya? See what?" He was confused too

"Something is going on between you two and something is going on with Dujun and Miyong. I just saw them hugging each other and you two are...holding hands?!" AeRa noticed both of them holding each other's hand. "What is going on today? Am I missing something? When did this happened?" AeRa started to get confused too.

"Today." Jaeyoung said shyly.

"Wow, I'm happy for both of you. Chughae." AeRa was surprised and happy at the same time.

"Kamsahamnida." Jaeyoung and Minji both said it the same time.

"Dujun, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Dongwoon, Gikwang oppa already knew about this?" AeRa asked

"Ye. I told them earlier. Except Dujunie. He wasn't around just now." JaeYoung explained.

"You told them before you told me? I suddenly feel so left out." AeRa said

"Don't be like that. I wanted to tell you, JaeMin and Miyong together. Mianhae." JaeYoung explained

"Arasseo, arasseo. I won't take it too hard." AeRa said.

 


 

 The last performance of the night was Dujun and Miyong. Dujun gave Miyong a kissed on the forehead and wished both of them good luck.

It started with Miyong singing acapella for the first verse. Then the song came on. Dujun started rapping, it was a more serious side of him, he was in character.

Miyong was also in her acting mode. It was like watching a music video. The audience was in dead silence, all of them were watching intensely.

Dujun's rapped was flawless, Miyong was in sync around him. When the song ended, the audience were on their feet with standing ovation. The whole auditorium was in roar. Dujun gave her Miyong a hug and bowed to the audience. 

"And that ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, an intense, mind blowing closing performance from Dujun and Miyong, concluded our 3 day showcase. It has been an exciting 3 days watching these students showing off their talent, their ability to work in groups and in duets. We hoped that you have enjoyed your time with us, because we sure did. These students work hard, and as you can see hard work pays off. Of course, you need talent as well. I, Hwang TaeKyung, will say thank you on behalf of the academy for coming. Everyone, please be safe on your home and goodnight." After Hwang seonsaengnim speech, the crowd applauded.

The crowd slowly make their way out from the auditorium. Soon, the auditorium was quiet again. JaeMin, Miyong, JaeYoung, AeRa, Minji and B2ST members all sat on the edge of the stage. Replaying their own performances. Dujun then took out a bottle of coke and started pouring them into paper cups.

"Sorry guys, no alcohol. We're still in the academy. So, coke will just have to do." The girls helped handing out the cups. "I want to give a toast to all of us, may we stick together as friends through all the ups and downs, may there be more performances like this in the future, and may our dreams of becoming an artist comes true. Cheers!!" Dujun gave his toast.

"CHEERS!!!" All together.

 


 

How was chapter 13? It took me a while to finish this chapter, hope you like it. Thanks to those who helped me with the ideas! I appreciated it. Please leave a comment or subscribe.

Thank you.