Chapter 1: The Welcoming To SMA

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

THE WELCOMING TO SMA

The entrance of Seoul Music Academy(SMA) looked nothing less like the Golden gates. As grand as ever. Big, tall and intimidating iron gates decorated with a plain white banner screaming the words in bolded black fonts, saying "Welcome Freshmen!"

Kang JaeMin, Hua MiYong and Lee Ae Ra are standing in front of the gates. The three of them still in shock, not believing that they are actually accepted to go to this well-known academy. Freshmens are all entering the school, some looked excited, some looked freaked out and some just have poker faces.

 


 

Kang JaeMin Point Of View (POV)

JaeMin received a text from JaeYoung oppa (a sophomore at SMA and best friend):

Jaeyoung: Dongsaeng, where are you guys? 

JaeMin: OPPA!! We're at the main entrance!!

JaeYoung: I'll be right out! 

Standing in front of the main entrance feels like a dream, I feel like I should pinch myself. I hug Miyong and AeRa's arm in excitement. AeRa was as excited as me and Miyong just gave me a smile. I know that she's excited too.

"Guys, we are here, to think that AeRa almost couldn't get in! We're meant to be here!"  I said. 

AeRa replied: "Tell me about it, I was so depressed until I got that phone call from SMA saying that there was a last minute drop out!" .

Miyong still haven't said a word since we've arrived. But I can see the excitement on her face. She never talked much but we know how she really is since we've known her for so long already and plus she is my cousin.

"Miyong ah, let's make this journey worth while okay?"  I said to her. 

Miyong replied: "I have you guys here with me it will be worthwhile no matter what". She gave me a smile, a warm smile and I gave her a big hug.

 


 

Hua Miyong (POV)

Up 'til this day, stepping into SMA was just a dream and now, I still can't register the fact that I'll be attending SMA everyday as a student, on scholarship. With the financial state that I'm in, I'm really thankful to Ms. Shim for making it possible to take a step closer to my dream. After the audition, they accepted me on the spot and i didn't even need to wait for the phone call. But I told them that I don't think I can afford the fees even though I really wanted to be in SMA.

Ms. Shim ( She is one of the top vocal teacher) offered me a scholarship and I was stunned. I just stood there not knowing what to say. Tears were forming but I held them back. Finally, I managed to bow and said "Kamsahamnida!"

Now I'm standing on the grounds of SMA waiting for JaeYoung oppa to bring us in and show us around.

 


 

JaeYoung finally arrived to greet them. He gave them a hug, and brought them in. On their way in AeRa noticed the stares that the other students are giving cold stares, competitive stares and mostly hate stares.

AeRa asked "Oppa, why are they staring like mountain lions? I feel like a red meat and they are about to pounce on me anytime."

JaeYoung replied: "Ignore them, they are just eyeing the competition. They just want to be here as bad as you guys. Just think of them as statues. I know I do"

Everyone laughed. The girls did not expect the first day to be greeted by cold stares. They started to get nervous. JaeYoung showed them the sports field, classrooms, dance studios, recording studios, cafeteria, washrooms and all round the academy.

JaeYoung said: "I want to introduce to you guys some of my friends before the bell rings, ttarawa!(follow me)". The girls just nodded and followed him. He brought them to one of the dancing studios. 

 

 


 

Yoon JaeYoung (POV)

I was excited to finally have all my best friends in the same academy. I want to introduce them to my friends 'B2ST'. I've always been protective of the girls, like a big brother. I want them to fit in in the academy, not like I did when I first came in. I didn't know anyone.

When I joined the soccer team I met Dujun shi, we clicked straight away because of our love for soccer. He then introduced me to the rest of the members and we became good friends since then. B2ST are a talented group, they are well-known around the academy. They always give a perfect performance when they were given assignments. Always adored by the female students.

The boys usually hang out at the dancing studios before bell rings. 

From far, I can already hear them chattering away. 

 

 


 

Lee Ae Ra (POV)

Walking in the hallways of SMA is amazing. The beautiful structured floors and columns. The high ceiling. You can hear echoes when we are talking. I can hear voices of the so called B2ST coming out from the corner dancing studios. I feel so thankful of having JaeYoung oppa to show us around. It makes me feel more comfortable.

I was hugging JaeYoung oppa's arm while walking towards the dancing studio. JaeMin and Miyong are behind us chattering on their own. In my head I'm thinking "Will they like me?", "Will they be friends with me?", "What if they hate me?" All of these thoughts are in my head.

But JaeYoung gave me a pat on the head and said to me :"Don't worry, they are really nice boys." As if he just read all my thoughts.

 


 

JaeYoung told the girls to wait while he go and tell the boys. The girls nodded and waited outside the hallway nervously. Junhyung was listening to his iPod while leaning against the mirror, Dujun and Hyunseung were busy with their iPad and Yoseop, Dongwoon and Gikwang hanging out on the dance floor.

JaeYoung went in and greeted the boys and told them he wants to introduce them to his best friends that he told them about a few days ago. B2ST members put down everything that they are doing and straighten themselves out. JaeYoung called the girls in.

Jaeyoung: B2ST members meet my best friends!

B2ST: Annyeonghaseyo! B2ST ibnida!

JaeMin: Annyeonghaseyo, Kang JaeMin ibnida!

Miyong: Annyeonghaseyo, Hua MiYong ibnida!

AeRa: ANNYEONGHASEYO!! LEE AE RA IBNIDA!! NICE TO MEET YOU ALL! 

B2ST members were surprised of AeRa's bubbly introduction. They laughed at her.

JaeYoung: She's always like this boys. Get use to it!

B2ST members introduce themselves one by one to the girls.

 


 

Its my 1st chapter! How was it? Good, lame, cheesy, exciting? Please give me comments and advices, so that I can improve better. Thanks!