Chapter 12: Second day of showcase... Conquering and confessing

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

Chapter 12: Second day of showcase...

It was the second day of showcase. Rehearsals started early in the morning. Those that are performing today, came early to practice. The auditorium was filled with chatters and laughters. Students were talking about last night's performance. Some were arguing about which performance was better and which performance wasn't. Dujun and Junhyung's group dance performance was today. 

Junhyung gathered up all his team members, Hyunseung, Yoseop, JaeMin, Miyong and Minji to do a last practice outside of the auditorium before the rehearsal starts. Dujun was making sure of the costume and music. He noticed all his team members were all present except for JaeYoung.

"Has anyone seen JaeYoung shi?" Dujun asked

"No, but let me give him a call." AeRa said

Just when AeRa was dialling his number, JaeYoung walked in the auditorium with crutches in hand.

"What's up guys?!" JaeYoung called out.

Everyone turned to his direction.

"YA! OPPA! Museun maliya?!" JaeMin asked

"Sorry guys, I accidently sprained my ankle. Dujun ah, mianhae!" He said

"When did this happened? Why didn't you tell us?" AeRa said

"No worries. Minji was with me last night. She was helping me through." JaeYoung explained.

Now everyone was looking at Minji and JaeYoung. Wondering what happened between the two of them.

"Minji, you should've told us." Miyong said

"Joesonghabnida, JaeYoung shi told me not to." Minji explained

"YA! YOON JAE YOUNG!!!" JaeMin hit JaeYoung's arm

"Ya! Neomu appayo! I already sprained my ankle, you want to break my arm now? Look, I didn't want you guys to worry. That's why I told Minji not to tell any of you." JaeYoung said.

"JaeYoung ah, eottheoke? We needed you for the performance today." Dujun said

"Geongjeong hajima, Gikwang can take my part. Gikwang ah, dowajuseyo. Gomawo!" He said

"Mwo? Jj...jjinja..Jjinjayo? Arasseo. I'll do my best." Gikwang stuttered.

"I know you can do it. Jeongmal kamsahamida." JaeYoung said to Gikwang.

"Wait a minute? Why was Minji with you? How did this happened? Where did this happened?" Curiousity was building in AeRa's head.

"It's a long story." JaeYoung said. "You, on the other hand, need to go practice. Even though I can't join you guys, but you guys are in my team, put on an awesome show for me!" JaeYoung pushed AeRa to practice.

"I'm gonna dig it out some how." AeRa said

"Ya, go dig." JaeYoung replied. "People go practice, ignore me. I'll just be here watching. Ppali ka!" JaeYoung said

All of them went to find a spot where they can practice. JaeYoung sat down to watch his team practice. Dujun's team was up first in today's showcase. They were pretty worried when they found out that JaeYoung couldn't perform with them. Junhyung's team on the other hand, will perform right after Dujun's team. 


Yoseop (POV)

I was excited to peform today. I was glad that none of our team members had injuries. Junhyung brought the team to an empty dancing studio to practice. I notice that JaeMin looked uneasy. She wasn't like her usual self. I knew that she was worried about going up on stage, nobody knows about her stage fright except me and Miyong. I sat beside her and hold her hand.

"JaeMin ah, stop fiddling. You're gonna be fine." I said to her.

"Seobbie ah, eottheoke? Museowoyo!" She had her worried expression on.

"Hey, you're gonna dance just like we practice ok? Don't think about anything else." Trying to convince her.

"COME ON GUYS! FROM THE TOP! IMAGINE THAT WE ARE ON THAT STAGE RIGHT NOW!" Junhyung called out his team mates to practice. He put on the music that we've been dancing to for weeks.

During practice, I kept looking at JaeMin through the mirrors. She was quiet the whole time. Usually, she'll talk to the other members or make jokes or even goof around, but today she was quiet and unfocus. The other members on the other hand had their game faces on, Miyong and Minji look fierce, Junhyung and Hyunseung look extremely cool with their pop and locking moves, and I was ready to go on that stage and perform.

After practice, we went back in the auditorium for rehearsals. Dujun's team were called up first on stage. I was sitting beside Jaeyoung and Minji. Odd I thought, since when did these two get so close? Both of them were talking and laughing together. I pulled JaeYoung to my side.

"What in the world happened yesterday?" I whispered

"What do you mean?" He whispered back

"You, sprained ankle, Minji. This laughing and tickling thing going on. The whole story." I said

"I sprained it, she was there, and took me to the hospital. That's it." He replied

"You know that I know that you're not telling the full story. You know that right?" I told him.

"Right." He answered.

I nudged his arm. I was getting annoyed by his simple answers. I knew that in between the whole incident, something happened. 

"Dujun was counting on you on this performance. You are the intro to the dance." I said

"I know, don't even start. I feel guilty just sitting here, and not be on that stage. At least Gikwang knows my solo, he can take my place." he replied.

"True. Oh well, it's not like you could've prevented yourself from spraining your ankle." I replied.

JaeMin came and sat beside me. She opened up her backpack, and pulled out a paper bag. She started breathing through the paper bag intensely.

"Ya, neol gwaenchana?" I patted her head.

"I'm trying to calm my nerves." She said.

"(chuckled). Okay, how can I help to calm you down?" I said.

She pulled my hand and dragged me to the corner back of the auditorium.

"Seobbie ah, I don't think I can dance tonight, I'm afraid I'll froze, and then I will embarrassed you guys. Then you guys will hate me...Eottheokke?" She said

"Hey! hey! Look at me! Yes you can. You are going up that stage and dance like we practice." I cupped both of my hands on her cheeks.

"I will froze up there." She said. 

"JaeMin ah, listen to me, you can't hide from this forever. You love singing and dancing as much as I do, you can't let this fear stop you. I'm right there with you too. Miyong is there. You have your team mates to back you up.You have nothing to be afraid off." I adviced her.

"...Remember the other day, when we both sang together at Ms.Shim's class?" She asked

"Yes." I answered

"I was nervous at first, but when you told me to just  look at you, all that nervous, stage fright moment was gone. I don't how, and I don't know why but it just happened. So, I started focusing on you, every time I'm on stage. But dancing is different, I can't look at you. You are either at the back or in the front. " She explained

"Do you want to put my picture on every audience's face?" I joked

"No!... Aigoo, eottheoke, eottheoke?" She started breathing through the paper bag again.

"Come here." I pulled her into my embrace. "You're gonna be just fine, I just know it." I her hair.

"Promise me you're gonna be by my side the whole time before the performance. I need you to talk me through this." She looked up at me.

"Arasseo, yaksokhage. I'll even drag you to the toilet when I need to go pee." I joked again. She hit my chest

"Funny. Very very funny. Ha ha." She said that in a straight sarcastic face. "Gomawoyo, firecracker." She said

"Anything for you. Come on, let's get back in there. It's our turn next" I said.

 

 


Dujun team's rehearsal went slightly smooth. They had a bit of a struggle when they had to fill in JaeYoung's space. But overall, everybody did well. Junhyung's team was waiting for their turn backstage. Miyong was helping JaeMin with her outfit, Yoseop and Junhyung were warming up, Hyunseung and Minji are chatting at the back.

Chansung was preparing for his duet after Junhyung team's turn. He saw JaeMin up front and came over to talk to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, JaeMin shi." He greeted her.

"Omo! Annyeonghaseyo Chansung shi." JaeMin greeted him back

"Are you nervous?" He asked

"A little bit, crazy I know, it's just the rehearsal." She said

"I saw your team dancing just now. You guys were good." He said

"Jeongmallyo? Gomasimida. Yesterday, you guys were really cool too. I can't wait to see your duet." She said.

"Same here. Looks like your turn. Kill it!" He lightly rubbed my head

"Arasseo sunbae!" She said, Miyong grabbed her hand and bring her up on the stage to rehearse.


Showcase Night... 

JaeMin was waiting at the front gate for her mom and her brother to come. Yoseop was waiting along with her. She was pacing back and forth in front of Yoseop, until he finally grabbed her arm to stop her.

"You're making me dizzy." He said

"Mianhae, they're late!" She said

"Relax, they'll be here." Just when Yoseop finished his sentence. A car stopped in front of the gate.

"OMO! Omma!!!" She ran towards her mom and hugged her tightly. "Oppa! Mwoya?! You're late." She said to her brother

"Ara, ara. Gidaryeo, I'll just park the car. Hi, you must be Yoseop shi! JaeMin talks a lot about you!!" He greeted Yoseop.

"YA! JUGGO SIPPEO! Go park the freaking car you idiot!" She yelled at her brother.

"Annyeonghaseyo imonim. Yang Yoseop ibnida." Yoseop bowed and greeted JaeMin's mom.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Yoseop shi. Neol jjinja jalsaenggetta!" JaeMin mom greeted back.

"Aniya imonim." Yoseop replied

"It's nice to see that you have someone to take care of you." JaeMin's mom said to her.

"Omma. Geumanhae." she said shyly. "Oppa, ppalli!" She called her brother out.

"Aigoo, arasseo! Wah, chuwo!" He shivered to the cold weather.

"Annyeonghaseyo hyungnim, Yang Yoseop ibnida." he greeted JaeMin's brother.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kang Wanyoung Ibnida. Finally, we get to meet you." He greeted back.

"Imonim, hyungnim, let's go inside, it's getting cold out here." Yoseop showing the way to the academy's entrance.

Yoseop went beside JaeMin.

"So, you talk about me at home." He whispered

"Ya, geumanhae, I don't talk about you. I don't know where he heard that." She whispered back

"Hey dude! Thanks for sending her home everytime. We were worried that she had to walk home alone." Wanyoung said to Yoseop

"It's ok. It's my pleasure, hyungnim." Yoseop replied. "You're family likes me." He whispered to JaeMin

"That's because I bragged about you a lot." She said

"Omo, now you admit that you talk about me?" He asked

"Shikeuro!" She closed his mouth with her palm. Yoseop just smiled at her.

JaeMin brought her family to the seat. After they wishes her good luck, JaeMin and Yoseop went backstage to change to their performing outfits.

 


Backstage

It was as hectic as usual. Students rushing back and forth from the dressing room to the stage. Some were practicing along the hallway, some were eating to calm their nerves down and some were fixing their hair. JaeMin and Yoseop found their team members in one of the dressing room. Hyunseung was at the corner, practicing his solo. Miyong was eating with Dujun on the couch. Minji and Junhyung were chatting to one another. As soon as JaeMin and Yoseop came in, they quickly get their outfits to change.

"Dujun ah, good luck!" Junhyung wishes Dujun while fixing his hair.

"Gomawo. Good luck to you guys too!" Opening a can of coke for Miyong.

Miyong stood up and went in to JaeMin's changing room.

"YA! WAEYO?" Quickly pun down her shirt

"Relax, it's not the first time I've seen it." Miyong said. "JaeMin ah, will you be okay?" she continued.

"What are you talking about?" JaeMin asked

"Your stage fright? I'm worried about you." Miyong helping JaeMin to zip up her top.

"I was trying not to think about it. Yoseop was helping me to calm down just now. You should see me earlier on, I was breathing through a paper bag." JaeMin explained.

"He cares about you a lot you know." Miyong said. "He keeps looking at you,  making sure you're not sad and always trying to make you smile." She added

"Dujun is the same too. I've seen you guys the other day at the fountain. I was happy to see you smile again. He is the first person to make you smile after...you know." I said

"I can't explain how, but Dujun has been so patient with my mood swings. I'm think i'm slowly opening my heart to him." She said

"It's been a while since we talk like this. We've been so caught up with other things. I miss you guys." JaeMin said while picking up her clothes.

"I miss you too, uri cousin ah." Miyong gave JaeMin a hug. "Ignore the audience, ignore the spotlights and just dance tonight. Arattji?" She asked

"I will try my best. Fingers crossed". JaeMin and Miyong came out from the changing rooms.

Just as they come out from the changing room. Hyun Ae was standing outside with her arms crossed.

"Seriously?! I didn't know changing rooms can be a place to talk about boyfriends." She said

"Sorry. Didn't know you were waiting." JaeMin said

"Break a leg tonight." Hyun Ae said walking in the changing room

"Same to you too. Break both." Miyong said.

"Funny." Hyun Ae smirked.

JaeMin and Miyong were on their way back to the dressing room, when Dujun's team were called up on stage to perform. Dujun opened the door and ran into Miyong. Miyong dropped to the floor, first.

"Miyongie! Mianhae! Wish me luck." He helped her up.

"Good luck!" Miyong wished him.

"Dujun ah, hwaiting!" JaeMin yelled out

"Gomapda! Later!" Dujun and his team went up on stage.

"AeRa ah! Hwaiting!!" JaeMin wished AeRa too.

AeRa was running up the stairs of the stage, she turned around and waved at JaeMin and Miyong. 

"You wanna join me to see their performance?" Miyong asked

"You go ahead, I'm gonna go look for Yoseop." JaeMin said

JaeMin needed Yoseop by her side before the performance. Although, she convinced Miyong that she will try her best at the performance, she was still terrified of the stage.

JaeMin went back inside the dressing room, but Yoseop wasn't around. JaeMin asked Hyunseung about where Yoseop was. Hyunseung didn't have a clue. Minji and Junhyung also didn't see where he went. JaeMin started to panic. She dragged Junhyung to the restroom, and asked him to search for Yoseop inside, but he wasn't in there either. Junhyung started to call Yoseop.

"His not picking up. We're about to go in 2 minutes. Jasig!" Trying to call again a few times.

JaeMin left Junhyung and went to search for Yoseop herself. She searched all around the backstage and there wasn't any sign of him. JaeYoung saw JaeMin looking frantic and went up to her.

"Ya, museun maliya?" Holding a crutches in one hand and the other holding JaeMin's arm

"...I can't find him." JaeMin muttered

"Find who?" He asked

"Oppa, I need to go." She went into the auditorium.

"YA!!!" JaeYoung tried to catch up on her but it was hard hoping on one foot.

There were about to go on stage in a few second, and JaeMin was still looking for Yoseop. Miyong chased her from the back.

"Unnie, we're about to perform." She said

"No no. Where the hell is he?!" JaeMin was getting frustrated.

Yoseop came in from the main entrance of the auditorium. Holding a hot dog and a drink in both of his hands. Miyong quickly turned JaeMin around.

"OMO! There he is!" Miyong pointing at Yoseop's direction

 


JaeMin (POV)

When I saw Yoseop came in the auditorium, I was thrilled and annoyed all at the same time. Thrilled because he was back, and annoyed because he left me worried. I ran towards him as tears started filling up my eyes. This guy is making me into an emotional freak.

"FIRECRACKER!" I called him out

He turned around and wave. I ran into his embrace and hugged him tightly. I felt his body stiffened up, but I didn't care. 

"Hey, you're okay?" He lightly rubbed my head

"Nappeun nom..." I said holding back my tears.

"Mwo?" He was getting confused.

"I thought you were gone." I said while still hugging his small build body.

"I was getting hungry, so I went to get some food. Mianhae, I should've told you." He finally hugged me back.

"I was going crazy looking for you." I finally break hold. I slowly wiped my tears, avoiding ruining my make up.

"I'm always making you cry, don't I?" Took a tissue from his pocket and helped me wiped my tears.

"You're almost gave me a heartattack!" I lightly hit his chest.

"I've made a promise didn't I? Pabo. Let's go, it's our turn." He held my hand and we both headed backstage.

We were waiting to be called out.

"Guys gathered up!" Junhyung called out. "Alright, this is it guys, just like we practice. Give it your all. Last but not least enjoy it! You HEAR ME?!!" He shout.

"YES!!!" We all answered at the same time.

"HWAITING!" Junhyung said right after they called out our team.

One by one we went up on stage. The curtain was still down. Yoseop hold my hand and bring me to my spot.

"JaeMin ah, Forget the audience. Just dance your heart out." Yoseop was looking straight into my eyes. He cupped my cheeks with both of his hands. "Block everything out. It's just you and the music. Arasseo?"

I nodded with a smile. The confidence was building up inside me. "I was the student of SMA, I can't let this fear stop me from doing what I love. This is my time to show everyone what I've got. I can't let my team down and I can't let myself down." I thought to myself.

As the curtain rises up about half way through, I looked at Yoseop, Miyong, Hyunseung, Minji and Junhyung, they were all ready, holding their heads up high waiting for our song to play. As soon as the curtain reaches the top, our song 'Wedding dress by TaeYang' started.

I tried my best to shut out the audience and made myself concentrate on the performance.

First up, was three of us girls dancing together and then the boys joined us. We were all partnered up. Minji was dancing with Junhyung, Miyong was dancing with Hyunseung, and I was dancing with Yoseop. We were dancing in sequence. First up was Junhyung and Minji, seond was Yoseop and I and last was Miyong and Hyunseung.

Then, it was the boys turned to dance. Three of them standing side by side. Each of them were dancing to their solos turn by turn. The first spotlight was on Yoseop, next was Junhyung and last was Hyunseung. Then it came up to the chorus where all of us came in.

I started to feel comfortable on the stage, the spotlight and the audience.

The girls solo came up. The lights were all dimmed. Only one spotlight was on Miyong. Miyong performed her solo, showing her flexibility and flips. The crowd was standing on their feet cheering for her. Then, the spotlight on Miyong moved to my spot. I could hear my brother screaming my name out from a distant. I started dancing, not too long, I was making the audience dancing along with me. It was like a different side of me has taken over. The spotlight moved to Minji. Minji started with her chest bumping, that made the group roar even louder, then she moved on to pop and locking and she ended her solo with a perfect split.

Before I know it, the performance came to and end. We hold each other hands and bowed to the audience. The audience were all on their feet cheering for us. I was surprise by their reaction, it was a standing ovation. The curtains slowly came down and we left the stage.

As soon as I came down from the stage, Yoseop gave me a hug. A really 'I can't barely breathe hug'. Miyong joined in the hug, next it was Junhyung, then Minji and Hyunseung joined in.

"DAEBAK! Jjinja DAEBAK!!!" Junhyung said

"It couldn't get any better than that." Hyunseung said. "All of us were great!" He added

"I didn't want it to end!" Minji said in excitement

Yoseop and I was just looking at each other. I smiled at him, he had that 'I'm so proud of you' look on his face and I said "Thanks to you, firecracker! I couldn't have done it without you." He hugged me even tighter. "You're crushing me..." I said to him.

Finally everyone let go, Yoseop too. Junhyung dragged the boys to change into their casual clothes. I took my clothes out from my backpack and followed Miyong and Minji to change. The performance was still replaying in my head as I change into my casual outfit. I gave myself a pat on the back, for giving more that what I expect of myself.

After I changed, Yoseop was waiting for me outside the changing room.

"GAMJAGIA!!" Surprised of him standing right in front of me.

"Chughahae.." He said softly. "Uri JaeMinie, jeongmal moda!" He continued

"Gomawo." I said

"We should celebrate!" he said

"Gidaryeo, I need to give this back first." I ran back to the dressing room with the acessories.

When I came back out, I saw a girl clinging arms with Yoseop. I tried to have a good look of who the girl is. She looks like one of the sophomore from Music major. They look really close together.


 

"Seobbie ah, you're were awesome!" She said 

"Gomawo." He said with a smile

"Should we go grab a bite? I won't take no for an answer." She said bluntly

"But..." The girl ignored him, and forced him to follow her. "YA!" Yoseop said

JaeMin stood there looking at both of them leaving the auditorium. Not too long, her hand phone rang. She searched for her phone in her bag and saw that the caller was Yoseop.

"Yeobuseyo?" JaeMin answered her phone

"JaeMin ah, something came up. Mianhae." Yoseop apologized. "One of the sophomore just dragged me out for late supper." he continued

"Jjinja? Arasseo." pretended to sound like I was okay with it.

"Don't go home alone, arattji? I'll be worried if you're going home by yourself." Yoseop said

"Geongjeong ma, I'll just foll...." A hand rested on her shoulder.

"JaeMin shi, let's go eat. The boys left me, you're the only one I can think of to come supper with me. Gaja!" Chansung interrupted her phone call.

"Sunbaenim...?" JaeMin still holding her phone to her ear.

"Is that Chansung shi?" Yoseop overheard

"...Ye, mianhae..." JaeMin answered

"It's ok, you go ahead. Please text me once you reach home." Yoseop hung up without saying goodbye.

JaeMin turned around and kept her phone back in her bag.

"Joesonghaeyo. I didn't notice you were on the phone. Come on, let's go eat. Nan baegopayo, I'll give you a ride home after that." Chansung's arm was on her shoulder bringing her to his car.

"Kamsahabnida." She said.

In the car, JaeMin kept thinking about the girl was Yoseop earlier on. It bothered her so much that she started grumbling and mumbling on her own.

"Neol gwaenchanahnayo?" He asked

"(............)" She didn't answer. She rested her arms by the car window

"JaeMin shi..." He patted on her shoulder.

"Oh, mianhae." She answered

"Is something bothering you?" He asked while turning into a junction nearby my house

"Ani... I was just thinking." She said

"You wanna share?" He was trying to park his car.

"It's ok. Don't worry about it." JaeMin was now looking at her phone.

Chansung brought her to the corner ramnyun shop not too far from her house. Chansung found a place to sit for both of them.

"So, what do you...(Achoo!)" He sneezed. "So...sorry...(Ah ahhh ahchoo!)" He sneezed again.

"Here you go." JaeMin handed him a tissue. "Are you sick?" She asked. Leaning over to touch his forehead.

"Yeah, I was out fixing my car last night, and it rain. Thank God, my duet is over." Wiping his nose.

"Jjinjayo? You're having a slight fever... Chokiyeo, two bowl of ramnyun please." She ordered. "You must eat it while it's hot, arasseo?" She added

"(chuckled) You starting to sound like my mom." He said

"Mom is the best when you are sick." She said with a smile.

"Yes they are. Thanks for coming with me. I thought you were going with Yoseop shi." Chansung said while drinking his green tea.

"I was, but then he had other plans." She said

"Is that what you were mumbling about in the car?" He was looking at her.

"Maybe." Avoiding to look at him.

"(Chuckled) Gyeowoyo." he lightly rubbed my head. "AHHCCHOOO!!" He sneezed.

The waiter came with two bowls of ramnyun and place it on the table.

"Jal mwogesimida!" Taking out the chopsticks and spoon. There was only a pair of chopstick and spoon left. "Omo! Jamshimanyeo." He tried calling out for the waiter. But they were all busy.

"It's ok, you have it. I'll go get it." She said.

JaeMin came back with a pair of chopstick and spoon. Chansung already started eating. He was eating and trying to breathe at the same time.

"(Chuckled)" JaeMin was looking at him

"Waeyo?" he asked

She took out another tissue and wiped his nose.

"Kamsahamida. This is embarrassing." Using his hand to wipe it this time.

"SUNBAENIM! Use a tissue!" She grabbed his hand before it touches his nose. JaeMin remembered that she had some flu medicine that her mom gave her, just in case she was sick. "Swallow this after you reach home. It's a flu medicine. It will helped you sleep better." She handed him the medicine,

"Gomawoyo. You're really handy." He continued eating.

JaeMin just sat there looking at Chansung enjoying his ramnyun. She only managed to finish half of her ramnyun. She gave her half to Chansung to finish it. Instead of finishing her bowl, Chansung took her chopstick and started to feed her.

"Mani mwogoyo..." feeding her.

"Sunbae, I'm full." Refusing to eat

"Mwogopayo..." He insisted.

"I'm gonna vomit in front of you." She said

"It's okay. I'm not squimish. Ppalli mwogo, it's getting cold. Just one bite, I'll finish the rest." Finally fed her. "Ramnyun tastes better when it's fed." He continued to eat again.

"Aigoo, I'm too full!" patting her tummy.

Just then, Chansung sneezed again this time while he was eating. Ramnyun came out from his nose. That made JaeMin laughed really loud. Everyone in the restaurant was looking at her. Tears were coming down from Chansung's eyes, from the slight pain.

"...Here you go." Helping him to wipe his tears.

"I'm giving you a good impression of me." His face was all red.

"Gwaenchanayo sunbae?" Now sitting beside him patting his back.

"I'll be fine. It stings a little. Never try eating and sneezing at the same time." He said

"It happen to me a couple of times before. Its very normal" She said.

Chansung then called  for the bill. His nose was red now.

"You look like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" She teased. 

"(Chuckled) Thanks, I feel better." He replied.

"Here's your change, Gomasimida! Please come again!" The waiter said

Chansung helped her put her seatbelt on. Started the engine and drving towards her house.

"Yoseob shi, likes you, a lot. Do you know that?" He asked out of a sudden. "Are you playing hard-to-get?" he continued

"Mwo? Aniya!...How can you tell that he really likes me?" JaeMin asked

"Even a 10 year old kid could've notice that. You seem to like him too. I can tell by the way you act around him." He said

"I'm still unsure of my feelings." She said

"What's there to be unsure about? If you like him, he likes you, end of story. Why make things so complicated?" Chansung getting a tad frustrated

"Sunbaenim...Actually" JaeMin trying to get the words out

"Mwoya? Tell me." Chansung was getting curious

"I actually have a crush on you, since I first came in SMA. The first time I saw you, I thought you were cool. Then, when I joined the swimming team, you're always hanging out with me, totally ignoring the other girls, it made me feel special. When you told Hyun Ae to stop trash talking about me,  that made me liked you even more." JaeMin confessed. "That's why I wasn't completely sure how I felt about Yoseop. But today, he became my rock and I saw a different side of him. The person that I can depend on. I couldn't get up on that stage tonight, if he didn't help me through it. The performance earlier on, was the first time, I truly perform on stage." JaeMin was looking at Chansung as she speaks. Chansung didn't even blink his eye, he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"You have a crush on me?" Chansung was making sure

"Ye sunbaenim." She answered "I didn't want to tell you, because I knew that you wouldn't like girls like me." she continued

"Why do you say that?" He asked curiously

"I've seen the girls that you've dated, they're nothing like me." Looking down at her shoes

They finally reached JaeMin's house. Chansung park his car at the side curb.

"There's nothing wrong with you. To be honest with you, I had a crush on you too, when I first met you." Chansung also confessed. "You're different that the other girls at the academy, you're not fake. You never pretended to be someone you're not and that made me fell for you more and more. But that day at the amusement park, I waited for you and offered you a ride home, you chose Yoseop over me. That time I was dissappointed that you chose him, but when I saw the way he cares for you and your face just lits up when he is around, It seems that you're happier with him. So, I pulled back. I told myself, being friends with you would be enough." Chansung explained

"Sunbaenim..." Tears were filling up her eyes.

"I know you like him more than you like me. I can tell by the way you both looked at each other. So..." Chansung turn JaeMin to face him. He wiped her tears with his thumb. "Yoseop would be a better guy for you than me. We can still be friends, like before. Don't be a stranger to me, it would not to be friends with you." Chansung said 

"(Chuckled)...Mianhae Sunbaenim." JaeMin apologized

"Gwaenchanayo it's not your fault, c'mon let's get you inside your house." Chansung went down and opened the door for JaeMin.

In front of her house, Chansung walked her to the front door.

"Goodnight." He said with a smile

"Goodnight Sunbaenim. Joesonghamnida again." she took out her house key.

"Stop apologizing silly! I'll be fine. Geongjeong maseyo." Lightly hit her head. He went closer to her and hugged her tightly. "I only want you to be happy. If you're happy, then I'm happy. So, don't be sad over this." He whispered in her ear.

"Arasseoyo sunbaenim. Jeongmal kamsahamnida." JaeMin went inside her house.

"Jalga. I'll see you tomorrow." Chansung turned around and walk towards his car.

"Jalga." JaeMin watched Chansung went in the car and slowly drove away.

 


At the mean time...

2PM members decided to go celebrate, since today was their last performance for the showcase.

"Agi ah, can JaeYoung give you a ride back?" Nichkhun holding AeRa's hand

"Geongjeong hajima. You go celebrate with the boys." She smile at him.

"I wish I could bring you along." Pulling her closer to his side.

"It's ok, they boys will feel uncomfortable if I'm there." She said

"Mianhae, they're calling me already. Give me a call once you reach home!" Running towards his car, when he received a phone call from Taecyeon.

JaeYoung was waiting for AeRa by the bus stand.

"Hey, ready to go?" JaeYoung asked

"Sure. Where's Minji?" Looking around for her.

"She left early. She had something on." JaeYoung slowly stood up

"Are you going to tell me how did this happened?" Pointing at his foot.

"I had an argument with Minji, we were both on the stairs, I lost my footing and BAM! this happened." He explained

"What's with the "BAM!"?" AeRa asked

"It's for dramatic effect." Gikwang found them at the bus stand

"I thought you guys went back already..." Gikwang asked

"We were about to..." AeRa answered.

"You want me to take both of you home?" JaeYoung saw that Gikwang was giving him a signal. "Arasseo, AeRa ah, I remembered I have something to do. Gikwang take you. Khalke!" Put his crutches in his car, and slowly went in his car.

"YA! OPPA!!" AeRa knocked on his window. JaeYoung just waved and drove away. "MWOYA!!! Gikwang doesn't even have a car!" Looking at Gikwang angrily.

"We don't need the car. Let me introduce you to the bus, princess. I'll even treat you, with my bus card." Just then a bus stop in front of them. Gikwang grabbed her arm and drag her up the bus.

AeRa went up and took a seat beside Gikwang. The bus only had a few people on it. She was checking out the surrounding of the bus, it was the first time she went up the bus. Gikwang was staring at her.

"Is this your first time riding the bus?" Gikwang asked curiously

"I know what you're going to say...'What is wrong with her?'." AeRa saying sarcastically.

"I wasn't going to say that. What I was going to say was, I'm glad you followed me without kicking and screaming." He said

"I'm not afraid of the bus. I just never sat in any of them." AeRa said "It's not actually bad. Except for the smell." She said covering her nose

"I think that guy in front of us just farted." He quickly ask her to change seats. Gikwang was covering his nose as well.

"Ahhh...This is better." AeRa open up the window.

Both of them were tired from the performance. They didn't talk much with each other. Not too long AeRa fell asleep. Gikwang slowly moved her head, so that she can rest on his shoulder. 


Gikwang (POV)

Sitting with the girl who's never sat on the bus was also the first for me. The girl that I like is now sleeping on my shoulder in a public transportation. My heart was beating wildly, I was happy that she didn't complaint much. I took out my jacket and cover her.

After a while, she woke up. But she didn't move her head from my shoulder. Instead she cling her arms with me.

"Gikwang ah..." she speak out

"oh...Wae?" I said

"I like this. Seating here, in the bus with you." She said

"Me too." I replied "AeRa ah, why Nichkhun?" I build up the courage to ask her. But she just kept quiet.

"Waeyo?" She asked

"What so great about him that make girls and, you especially like him so much? Is it his looks? Is it because he's rich?" I asked

"I woul..." I cut in before she finishes her sentence

"I don't think you like him because his rich. I don't think he's that good looking either." I said

"Lee Gikwang are you jealous of him?" she asked

"Pfft! Jealous?! Mwo?! Aniya! I was just curious." Totally lying

"It sound to me like you're jealous." She said. "Do you like me?" She asked bluntly

"If I don't, would I let you rest your head on my shoulder. Cling arms with me?" I replied

"(...)" AeRa kept quiet

"Do you like me?" I asked again. AeRa lift up her head from my shoulder and looked at me.

"Gikwang ah...I'm with Nichkhun now." She replied

"I know, but do you really like him? If you do, then why are you doing this to me?" I was getting frustrated

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Clinging arms with me,spending time with me... Why do all that if you still want to be with Nichkhun?" I blurted out. I was getting angry. "I like you Lee AeRa shi. A lot. Not a little but a lot. It drives me insane seeing you with another guy. It drives me insane not seeing you even for a day." She was looking at me as I was talking. "When I see you with him, it makes me furious. When you're talking about him, it makes me want to put ear plugs in my ear." I said "That kiss on the forehead was real, it wasn't an act." I continued

"I thought my heart was going to explode when you did that." She spoke softly I could hardly hear her.

"Mwo? I can't hear what you're saying." Trying to get her to say it again.

"I said...I thought that my heart was going to explode when you kissed my forehead." I was surprised when I finally realized what she said. "I didn't care that Nichkhun was watching, all I was thinking about was that moment. Then and there." She continued. "But I can't just dump Nichkhun and run off to you. I still care about him, plus he haven't done anything that made me hate him enough to want to break up with him." Her face was getting serious.

"Even when you like me, it's still not enough to make you break up with him?" I insisted to hear her answer.

AeRa lean her back to the seat and sighed.

"AeRa ah, I can't pretend that I don't have feelings for you. I do. You've heard my side of the story. I will wait until the day you give me an answer." The bus came to a stop. "This is you. I'll see you tomorrow." I stood up to give way.

"Are you still going to talk to me tomorrow?" She asked

"Jalga." I said.

She slowly stepped down from the bus.


AeRa (POV)

I just stood there, watching the bus leave. My brain was going crazy, trying to process everything that just happened on the bus. Gikwang just confessed his feelings to me. I couldn't give him a straight answer because of Nichkhun. I blame myself some how... Why did I want to spend so much time with Gikwang, when I'm dating Nichkhun? I started to compare the both of them in my head. 

I slowly walked towards my house. I heard there were footsteps following me. I was scared to look back, so I walked faster. Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder.

"ARGHHHHH!!!" I screamed

"What the...? Waeyo?" I recognized that voice.

I turned around and saw that it was Gikwang

"GEEZ! You scared me!" I hit his armed.

"I couldn't let you walked alone." He said

"Do you have to be so creepy?" Calming myself down. 

"C'mon let's go. It's getting late." He lay his arms on my shoulder and walked me.

We were quiet the whole time as we walked towards the gate of my house. When we reached the gate, I gave him a hug.

"Gikwang ah, mianhae. Please be patient until I can figure out my feelings." I said then I let go.

"Arasseo. Get inside. I'll leave as soon as you get in." He said

"Be careful. Goodnight." I walked into my house.

Once I put my bag down on the floor, I throw myself on the bed. I started thinking about the whole thing all over again. What if I chose Nichkhun? Will Gikwang still want to be friends with me? And if I choose Gikwang, will Nichkhun hate me? Either way one of them will hate me. The question is who do I like most?

 


And that my readers was chapter 12... How was it? Is it interesting? Boring? sad? 

Please leave a comment or subcribe to my story. Thanks!