Chapter 4: The Discussion

THE HEART NEVER LIES [ON HIATUS]

The Discussion

The bell rang. It was end of recess. Next class is dance class. This time JaeYoung joins them in the class. 

Hwang seonsaengnim (teacher) introduced himself to the class. This time there were more students in the class compared to vocal class. Mr.Hwang decided to separate the class into two groups. JaeMin, Miyong, AeRa, JaeYoung and B2ST members were all standing together,  and a few sophomore students, so Hwang seonsaengnim put them all in one group. Which made the girls happy because they were grouped with some students that they recognized. 

The other group was 2PM, Park Hyun Ae, and a few of Junior students.

"Okay, I just divided the class into two groups. The reason I did this is because they are too many students in this class, and I can't give my full attention to each and everyone of you. So...PLEASE COME IN!" Hwang seonsaengnim asked someone to come in to the dance class.  A lady, in her early 30's walked in. About 5'7", long brown hair tied into a low ponytail. "Everyone this is your new teacher Ms.Hwang. She's my sister. Introduced yourself"  He directed Ms.Hwang.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hwang ChaeWon ibnida. Just call me Ms.Hwang. I'm looking forward to teach all of you." Ms.Hwang introduced herself. 

"My sister and I have won many awards and competitions together. She always wanted to teach in this school. But she was in New York choreographing a Broadway musical and now she's back in Korea and also your new dance teacher." He bragged. "Okay sis, you can take this group." Pointing at the girls. "You can take them to the next class now." He told his sister.

The Hwang siblings are famous choreographers. Award winning dancers and choreographers. They look alike almost like twins, but Mr.Hwang was two years older than his sister. Mr.Hwang was fit, charming and good looking. He's always wearing casual outfit when he's choreographing. He wore a red hoodie, and a cap. He looks like he is in his late 30's too.

"Alright, ttarawa!" She lead them to another dance studio. It was a corner studio. Not too far from the last class. 

"Hi class!' She smiled at everyone in the class. "I hope that you guys don't mind of me being your dance teacher, I know some of you here are already used to my brother's ways of teaching, but I'm as good as him." She bragged. "Before we start, of course there is always the usual introduction, that we all hate, but since I don't know any of you, I guess we should do it anyway. So, please have a seat on the dance floor and let's start. Who is going first?" She asked.

Each student went up front and introduced themselves again. One by one came up. Ms.Hwang then switched on the radio, it was Change by HyunA playing. 

"Alright, I bet everyone know this song, what I want you to do, is to loosen up, dance to the song, feel the beat, dancing is about release, is about expressing what you feel inside, dance with the heart not the mind. Feel the rhythm through your body, just move to the music." She said. Ms.Hwang started to dance along to the music too, she was also dancing with the other students. She went near JaeMin's spot. "Sweety, don't be shy. Mute all the disturbance except for the music, It is just you and the music. Then just dance." She said to JaeMin.

AeRa was dancing with JaeYoung oppa. Miyong was dancing on her own, free styling. Hyunseung saw her dancing and came over to her spot.

"Miyong shi, you dance well" Hyunseung complimented her. Still dancing.

"Kamsahamnida. I think you dance well too." Miyong complimented him back.

"Really? Gomawo." Hyunseung replied her and continued dancing.

Gikwang was dancing nearby AeRa, and saw that AeRa was wearing a lot of accessories.

"Why are you wearing so many accessories?" Gikwang asked

"I had a dilemma in choosing this morning, they were all presents from my mom from Spain." She smiled and answered him.

"Right. You look like a walking mall." He said

"Really? Gomasibmida." She replied him and continued dancing.

"That wasn't a compliment!" He yelled. But AeRa didn't paid any attention to him. Dongwoon was dancing beside him.

"Hyung, why are you so cold to her?" Dongwoon asked

"Didn't you see that? She's literally flaunting her parent's money. URGH! I can't stand these rich kids, I have to work my off to get what I want, and these people can get anything they want by swiping the credit card." Gikwang answered. Gikwang never liked rich kids. He hated them, he can't stand that they are spoilt and ungrateful. 

"Hyung, you don't even know her yet, don't judge her too soon" Dongwoon told Gikwang.

Gikwang come from a poor family background, SMA offered him a scholarship because they see potential in him. He didn't like making friends with wealthy kids, B2ST members are his only friends in SMA. He didn't mind JaeMin and Miyong but he didn't like AeRa. AeRa is always carrying around her flashy purse. Expensive jewelry and perfect manicured nails.

But AeRa didn't care what people thought of her. When Gikwang commented about her accessories, she just smiled and thank him for saying she looks like "A walking mall". She didn't understand why Gikwang talked to her like that, he doesn't even know her.

There are 16 people in the class. The freshmen and sophomores. Mr. Hwang's class were mostly juniors and seniors, except for the only Hyun Ae, who wanted to be in that group.  Ms.Hwang has picked 3 students to come up front to pick students for their group. There will be a total of 3 groups for the showcase. Ms.Hwang picked Miyong, JaeYoung, and another sophomore named HaeRin.

First it was Miyong's turn to pick, she picked JaeMin, and then JaeYoung picked AeRa, last is HaeRin. They all picked people that they are comfortable with. Both Miyong and JaeYoung picked out people that they already know. The other sophomore students were picked by HaeRin.

Group 1:

Miyong

JaeMin

Hyunseung

Junhyung

Yoseop

 

Group 2:

JaeYoung

AeRa

GiKwang

DongWoon

Dujun

EunHee

Group 3:

HaeRin

KiHyun

JinRyu

MinHa

Yuna

"That's set then. All the groups have to pick out 3 songs that you want to perform by this Thursday. I'll picked out the song that fit you the most. I will not be giving you any theme, so I want you to think of the whole concept for your performance. From the beginning to the end of the performance. From there, we will start with choreographing. I will teach each group individually. I will arranged the dancing schedule according to your other classes and also my brother's schedule with . So that I can teach each group separately. Understand?" Ms.Hwang instructed the class.

Dujun raised up his hand "This means, each group will have classes on a different time, right?" he asked.

"Yes, Dujun shi" She replied. "Anymore questions?" She asked. "No one? Okay, great. I'll see you guys tomorrow same time, same place. Thank you class!" Ms.Hwang ended the class.

 


 

It was the end of first day. The students decided to meet up after class. Miyong's team and JaeYoung's team look for an empty dancing studio for them to discussed their dancing concept. All of the dancing studio were already used by other students. So, they decided to go to the academy's auditorium hall.

The auditorium was big, probably can fit in approximately 3000 people. Cushioned seats for the audience, big stage for the performers. It almost feels like a Broadway stage. This is the first time the girls stepped inside the hall, they were amazed. They walked up to the stage and stood in the middle looking out at where the audience will seat.

 


 

JaeMin (POV)

Standing on that stage was amazing. I was already imagining the audience and me, performing for them. My heart was beating faster, It was filled with excitement and nervousness at the same time. This hall is grand, It makes me feel like a professional performer.  

I saw Miyong and AeRa's expression were the same as mine, excited, hopeful and amazed. I put my arms on their shoulder and said "This is were it all happens".

I went over to JaeYoung's oppa side. "Ya, this is place,  jjinja daebak!". I said to him

"I know, I've been here for a year now, and I'm still overwhelmed by this hall, except for them." JaeYoung pointing at B2ST.

B2ST members went down the stage and already found seats to start discussing about their performance.

"I guess they are used to this environment now." I said to the girls

"Probably. I don't know why but I think Gikwang shi doesn't like me very much. I have to be the same team as him and for the duet." AeRa replied.

"Well, Gikwang doesn't come from a rich family, and when he came to SMA, most of the students enrolled here because their parents can afford it. He had to work twice as hard to get the scholarship and some of these rich kids are spoilt and rude to him. Mostly because they look down on him, but ever since Gikwang performed at his first showcase last year, it shut everyone up right away." JaeYoung explained. "AeRa ah, please be patient with him. Once he get to know you, he'll be fine." He added.

"But don't you think he is judging people a little too soon, just because I come from a wealthy family?" AeRa asked.

"Give him time to get know you then, its only the first day anyway. Relax!" JaeYoung answered.

"Let's go down now, I think they are waiting for us...Miyong ah! Ppali wa! Let's discussed. We still have to go to work later." I said to Miyong, who was wandering around the stage.

"Arasseo!" She answered.

We all went down the stage and found ourselves seats. Me, unknowingly sat beside Yoseop, I guess because I was already comfortable with him and he is my partner for the showcase. It's weird that both of us always ended up together. The duet and now the group dance.

"This place takes your breath away, huh?" Yoseop said to me.

"This is overwhelming, It feels like a dream. I feel like someone should pinch me." I answered back. "OUCH!" AeRa who sat beside me suddenly pinched my right arm and then went to her group. "MWOYA?! I didn't mean pinch it for real!" I yelled.

AeRa and Yoseop was laughing at me, yelling in the hall. Everyone was looking at me with the "What the hell is she yelling about?" expression. At that moment, I wish I had an invisible cloak like Harry Potter did, to cover up.

"Mianhae. Let's start!" I apologized.

 


 

Group 1 was seating at the right hand side of the hall and group 2 sat at the left hand side of the hall. Discussing separately.

Group 1 and 2 decided to pick a leader for their team to guide them. Group 1 picked Junhyung and group 2 picked Dujun as their leader.

 

Group 1 discussion...

Hyunseung: Junhyung ah, lead the us well.

Junhyung: I will do my best

JaeMin: Junhyung shi...Before you start, we have something to tell you.

Junhyung: Mwoya? 

JaeMin: Well, Miyong and I have a part time job at the cafe from Monday to Saturday. 6pm 'till 10pm. Sunday is our day off.

Yoseop: Jjinja? That means you have to work today too?

JaeMin: Deh.. Today too!

Junhyung: This will be hard for the group. We will have to practice according to your work schedule. Is there anyway that you guys can request flexible hours?

Miyong: I don't think the manager will allowed that.

Hyunseung: You want us to talk to them?

JaeMin: ani, gwaenchanhayo. I think we can request for 2 days a week off. Maybe Saturday and Sunday?

Junhyung: Okay. I think our class schedule is pretty much the same.  

JaeMin: We'll talk to our manager.

Junhyung: So, do you guys have any songs in mind? You guys heard Hwang seonsaengnim said, she needs us to pick out 2 songs by this Thursday.

Yoseop: Ya JaeMin ah, we have to pick out for our duet too!

Junhyung: Yang Yoseop goon. Concentrate please. Let's pick out songs for the group dance first arattji?

Yoseop: Arasseo! Mianhae.

Junhyung: I have a song in mind. I know that you guys know this song Break Down by Kim HyunJoong. Listen to it clearly.

Junhyung handed out his headphones for each member to listen.

Miyong: Not bad. It has pretty good beats.

Hyunseung: I like it.

Junhyung: Everyone like it?

Everyone nodded.

Junhyung: Good, I'll write it down and we can finalize it later. Next?

Hyunseung: How about T-ara and Supernova, Time to love? Either part 1 or part...

JaeMin: Joha! I like that song!

Yoseop: I think part 1 is better. 

Miyong: I agree

Junhyung: ok... What else?

JaeMin: Lucifer by Shinee?

Junhyung: Hmmm...I don't mind that song. Boys?

Hyunseung: OK!

Yoseop: This will be a hard song to dance to...

Junhyung: Let's think of it as a challenge.

Miyong: How about Knock out by GD and TOP? It's more hip hop feel to it.

Hyunseung: Oooh...neomu johayo! I had this song in my mind too!

Junhyung: Geurae, Yoseobbie your the last one?

Yoseop: Wedding Dress by TaeYang. It's slow R&B song. Maybe we should do something different. We always come up with up beat songs, why not do a more R&B song.

Junhyung: Yaaaaaa....Yoseop shi...Daebak. We have 5 songs. Let's all listen to when we get home. Get the feel of it, and then we picked the best 3 tomorrow, arattji?

Everyone: Arasseo!

Everyone agreed with Junhyung's idea. 

Junhyung: We have to end this a bit sooner, because our girls here need to get to work. Let us know after you've talked to your manager.

JaeMin: Arasseo, leader! Before that! Can I just have all your numbers? Since we're gonna practice together. It'll be easier for us to contact each other.

So the members exchanged numbers with each other. After that, Miyong and JaeMin left t go to work. The others went back home.

 


 

On the other side of the hall...

Group 2 discussion....

 

Dujun: Thanks for making me your leader, I will try my best. We're the only group with 6 person. I never dance with girls before so please forgive me if I'm being inappropriate. Most of us here already know each other right?

AeRa: Deh!

Dongwoon: Annyeonghaseyo EunHee shi.

EunHee: Annyeonghaseyo.

Dujun: Ok , let's make this fast. Let's all think of a song. Then we will picked out the best 3.

Gikwang: I was thinking of Strong Baby by SeungRi.

Dujun: Oh, not bad. 

JaeYoung was teasing Dongwoon for the sudden greet for EunHee shi.

Dujun: YA! Please be serious! Juggo sipeo( wanna die)?!

JaeYoung: Mianhae. I was just teasing Woonie. Please continue uri leader ah.

Dujun:  JaeYoung ah, song please?

Jaeyoung: Mr simple by Super Junior

Dujun: Jjinja? This song is pretty hard.

JaeYoung: It'll definitely get people's attention.

Dongwoon: Hyung, jeongmal johayo!

AeRa: Deh, nado(me too), johayo(I like it.).

Dujun: Geurae. EunHee shi, do you have any song in mind?

EunHee: I'm not sure you guys like this song, but I like it. I need a girl by TaeYang

Dongwoon: It's kinda slow though

Gikwang: Hyung(referring to Dujun), just write it down.

Dujun: Arasseo. AeRa shi your turn.

AeRa: It's an English song. On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez.

JaeYoung: This song is hot! jalhaesseo(well done) !

Dujun: OK. Dongwoonie? 

Dongwoon: I've been really into Ne-yo lately. Beautiful monster by Ne-yo

Dujun: I kinda dig that song too... Alright, now it's my turn. Ok, Yeah by Chris brown.

Gikwang: Ya Hyung! Nice one!

Dujun: Now we pick the best 3. We have Strong Baby, Mr.Simple, I need a girl, On the floor, Beautiful Monster and Yeah. You don't necessarily have to pick the song that you suggested.

They sat down and listen to every song. After listening to it all, they gathered round again to decide on the 3 songs.

AeRa: This is hard! But I pick Mr.simple, I need a girl and beautiful monster.

EunHee: I picked I need a girl, yeah and Mr.Simple.

Dujun: We have two votes for I need a girl and Mr.Simple. Gikwangie?

Gikwang: I pick, Yeah, Strong baby and I need a girl

Dujun: 3 votes I need a girl and 2 votes for yeah and Mr.Simple.

DongWoon: I choose Beautiful Monster, Yeah and Mr.Simple

Dujun: 3 votes for I need a girl and Yeah, two votes for beautiful monster and Mr.simple. JaeYoung shi?

JaeYoung: On the floor, Mr.Simple and Beautiful Monster.

Dujun: 3 votes for I need a girl, Yeah, Beautiful Monster and Mr.simple. Now it's up to me. Aigoo, I love all the songs, but i still have to pick. Here it goes, Yeah, Beautiful monster and I need a girl. I think Yeah and Beautiful Monster kinda have the same beat. What do you guys think?

Gikwang: We can choose between those 2. So, we have I need a girl and Mr.Simple. The last song. The leader decide then.

Dujun: Me?

JaeYoung: Yeah, go for it!

Dujun: Beautiful Monster then. The song has some parts that we can have the freshmen to do their solos.

AeRa: That's all of my favorites song! 

JaeYoung: Mwoya? You suggested J-Lo but you didn't even supported you own choice. Even I picked it.

AeRa: Hehehe...Because the other songs were better. So when do we practice though? I have a dance studio at my place.

Dongwoon: Jeongmallyo? You have a dance studio at you house?

Gikwang was seating beside Dujun. Gikwang hated the idea of practicing at AeRa's place. Since he was not pick as the leader, he just kept quiet the whole time.

AeRa: My dad made it for me, because he knew how much I enjoy dancing. JaeMin, Miyong and JaeYoung always come by to use it.

Dujun: Your parents won't mind it?

AeRa: Nope, they hardly even at home. It's just my housekeeper and me.

Dujun: We can use it, if the Academy's dance studio is all full. Thanks AeRa shi.

AeRa: Cheonmannaeyo. It's no big deal. It'll be nice to have you guys over, since my house is so quiet.

EunHee: Kamsahamnida.

Dujun: Since we are all in the same class, we can practice after class 3 times a week, since we all have duets to prepare for the showcase too. Will that be okay?

Dongwoon: No problem for me.

Dujun: I'll see you guys tomorrow. Please go home and listen to the song well.

AeRa: Arasseo leader!

The rest liked the idea of the practice schedule. After discussion, they packed their bags and headed home.

 


 

How was it? Was it good, lame, boring, exciting? Please give me some advice or comment to help me improve to write better fanfics.

Thank you!