His side of story.

How my life changed in Seoul. (Hiatus)

 

Another business meeting was waiting for me. Being a businessman can be tiring but it’s the only thing I have and love to do after father’s death. Indulging myself into something that keeps me distracted from his absence is what I have been doing ever since dad left me and died alone.

It’s been a whole year. August 6th 2010; it’s been one whole year since he got into that accident. The only person who loved me and whom I loved; my dad…died.

Life since then has become lonely again. Everyday has become just another day with business meetings and money. No Enterprises and Chains, the company dad left behind him for me to takeover; I’m the only heir of that empire.

And here I am, about to return back to Seoul from Dubai after getting done with one of those many meetings. The only thought in my mind right now is to reach Seoul as soon as possible to go and pay my respect to dad’s grave but seems like everything is going against me today. First, I didn’t get my ticket booked on time and ended up being an economy class passenger. Then I lost my cellphone hence I couldn’t get myself a private jet to get back to Seoul. My secretary; who happens to be my ex-secretary now; resigned on her own because she failed me by not doing her duty but tending her family instead.

Frustrated, that’s the word I’m experiencing right now. Ridiculous, isn’t it? A multimillionaire is about to travel in an economy class instead of his usual business class seat or even a private jet. If not for this flight being the last to Seoul and me being in a hurry to reach Seoul to pay my visit to dad’s grave, I would have bought myself a personal airplane and personal high class staff to attend me.

 Upon reaching my supposed seat, I noticed a girl sitting next to the window looking outside, while I got the seat near the aisle. I was least bothered about the girl. Though I didn’t see her face yet, I’m sure she’d be like all those desperate s who try to throw themselves at me.

Not long after everyone settled and the pilot and stewardesses were done with explaining the safety rules and other instructions, the plane finally took off. I’m not someone who really bothers about girls or people in general but somehow, the girl next to me; who was still facing the window and giving the supposed scenery all her attention, stirred some curiosity in me. It’s rare that my presence is ignored or goes unnoticed by girls. And then she turned….

Her big eyes were the first things that caught my attention. Her long eyelashes, her long, pointy nose, her rosy red plump lips which were dry which soon got moist as she them unconsciously, her fair skin without any trace of makeup, her slightly long bangs that rested on the sides of her cheeks, her long braided hair that was brought to her front left shoulder. Beautiful. Simple yet beautiful.

I noticed her tensing up slightly as her forehead formed three crease lines and she suddenly turned her attention back to the window which now showed nothing but the red and orange streaked sky with a few clouds in view. I don’t know what got into me but I found myself unable to look away from her. What really made me more anxious was that I was noticed but ignored again, ignored by a girl on purpose for the very first time in my whole life of 25 years.

She glanced back at me and frowned again when she noticed I was still looking at her.

I can’t believe it either that I’m unable to look away.

She then just took her handbag and started rummaging through it, taking out a pink IPod and plucked in the earphones as she went through her playlist. At the same time, she took a small note pad, a pen & a few snacks out of her handbag & started writing something while munching on some snacks. Are those poems in English? Her handwriting is quite pretty, like designs.

 The stewardess interrupted me as she came to check if we needed anything. And that’s when I noticed the time. I can’t believe I had been staring at the girl next to me for an hour without feeling tired.

She was deep in thoughts as she listened to the music blasting through her earphones and finished writing the sixth poem she had been writing. I wonder if her hands hurt due to constant writing since past three hours. And in those three hours, not once did she look at me. Different, she’s different.

I noticed her eyes drooping. Maybe she was feeling sleepy. The stewardess brought some simple drinks to us and I decided to get myself some red wine. So this is how it feels to be in the economy class, plain service. I noticed the girl next to me slowly checking out the time on her wrist watch and her eyes instantly got bigger than they already were. She then placed everything back in her bag and relaxed on her seat and finally closed her eyes.

 I was once again interrupted by the stewardess and I finally got the hint; she was trying to hit on me. Ignored, she went back and resumed her job. I gave my attention back to the girl next to me and I noticed her head bobbing to and forth uncomfortably. The next thing I did was a shock to me as well. I rested her head on my shoulder as I moved a little to her side after I raised the armrest from between us. My eyes landed on her closed eyes once again and I couldn’t help but touch her long eyelashes. I, No Min Woo; the guy who never let girls come close to me for physical reasons, am refraining myself from touching a girl affectionately I barely know.

Though I initiated the gesture, I can’t help but feel paralysed due to the weird feelings swirling inside my stomach.

I couldn’t sleep. Not even for a split of a second. I was stiff, paralysed, mesmerized.

The flight was finally coming to an end. Five hours of being motionless, I finally felt the weight on my right shoulder being lifted as she shifted her sleeping position and rested her head against the lucky window. Lucky? Did I just call an inanimate object lucky?  What’s happening to me? What am I doing? What are you doing to me? Who are you?

The plane was about to land and the same stewardess came again, waking the sleeping beauty up. Wait. That was cheesy. What’s wrong with my thoughts?

“Sir, Miss, please fasten your seatbelts. We are going to land soon.” she said and left to say the same to the other passengers.

And just like that, our ways departed. However, the attraction I felt towards her didn’t seem to fade away. No matter who you are, I’m sure we’ll come across once again.

My chauffeur was waiting for me outside the airport and I saw the girl getting into a cab not very far from my own ride; my lovely black limo. Somehow, I had an overwhelming feeling of following her, and that’s what I ordered my chauffeur to do.

After paying my visit to dad’s grave, freshening up in my mansion, I dialled a number I had long forgotten.

“You’ve got a job. I’ll send the address of the person to you via email. Dig up everything you can.”

“Yes boss. I’m glad I’m chosen to serve you after a long time.”

“I expect perfection.”

“I won’t disappoint you.”

And like that the conversation between us ended. I don’t know what I’m doing but… I can’t control myself. I have to see her again. I have to get closer to her….again.

******************************************************************************** ^_^ ************************************************************************************

Hey chingus.

Surprisingly, i found myself writing out a chapter I didn't ever plan to since I found some time to slack off just a little. I'm doing this update coz I happened to just go through my AFF and found...I FREAKING HAVE 100 UNIQUE SUBBERS!!!! 

Now that deserves a celebration...right? But I don't think I'll be lucky always to find time and update. College has started and so far, my 4th year has been good. Let's hope for the best. :)

I expect to get feedbacks for this chapter and the previous one as well by the end of the week. A little feedback can really motivate me and who knows, i might slack off and update again if I get lucky enough to get done wid the portions like I did in the past 2 days?

Anneyong :)

OH btw, how did u find Min Woo's side of the story. I realized I needed u guys to know a little about him and i felt it was best to let him describe his part himself rather than me doing it as a narrator.

Now OFF i go :)