Chapter 29

How my life changed in Seoul. (Hiatus)

 

               MiNa was keeping Asma’s forehead cool by replacing the cold wipes again and again as a precaution. An hour had already passed but Asma showed no sign of gaining consciousness due the effect of the injection.

Slowly, Asma started gaining her consciousness back and her eyes started to open slowly, taking in the brightness of the room and her eyes tried to adjust themselves to it.

MiNa noticed it and well, let’s just say that she was happy. Happy to the extent that she slapped the cold wipe on Asma’s forehead by mistake; hard.

Oww…” the victim groaned in her hoarse voice.

“Ooops sorry.” was what the former said apologetically. I know, not very MiNa like.

She helped Asma sit on the bed carefully and before the latter could start panicking about missing the classes; MiNa explained her all that she had discussed with the doctor.

“You sit peacefully and I’ll get you some water to drink.” MiNa casually told and went to get some water from the kitchen.

On the way back, she noticed the little puppy playing with the basket he was delivered in. A smile crept on her lips. MiNa had a likening towards dogs ever since she was a kid. And the little puppy right here was no exception. She carried the little white cutey to Asma along with the bottle of mineral water in her right hand.

 Somehow, as weird as it sounds, Asma had forgotten about the previous night for a while. But after looking at the little puppy, she was glad that she had it. She had always wanted to have one but the circumstances back in Dubai had not allowed her to have one. She had a huge urge to protect the puppy after she remembered its blood stained face from her nightmare.

They sat and played with it for a while.

“What should we name it?” Asma asked as the puppy her palm; giving her a tingly feeling due to it resulting in her to giggle.

“Hmm, how about white cutey?” MiNa suggested and Asma simply shook her head in disagreement.

“Hmmm… Mr. Cutey?” MiNA suggested again.

“Trust me when I say that cutey sounds weird from your mouth.” Asma chuckled.

“I give up. I at naming pets.” MiNa groaned.

“Hmm…. How about…. Little heart?” Asma asked after thinking for a while.

Little heart?” MiNa rose an eyebrow of hers in Shibrow style.

“He’s little and he took our hearts, hence Little heart!” Asma excitedly explained while the puppy continued to play with her hand.

“Hmm, on second thoughts, it’s pretty much a good name.”

“I’ve always been good at naming people!” the sick one spoke enthusiastically.

“Fine Ms. Excited. Now drink this.” Mina pushed the bottle to the other girl.

Just when Asma was about to drink the water MiNa had uncapped and handed her, the doorbell interrupted the trio.

“You drink your water and try to rest. How do you say ‘You better do what I said or I’m shoving that down your throat’ in Hindi?”

“Hehe, that’s too long of a sentence for you to speak in Hindi.” Asma chuckled.

“Anyways, I’ll learn that alien language and show you someday.” she smirked. Just when both were fooling around, the doorbell interrupted them once again.

“I’ll get the door. You rest.” MiNa said as she got up from the bed to answer the door.

I wonder who it is. She thought and peeped through the peephole. “Wait. Why is he here?” she said to herself and opened the door. There, a man in his late 40s was standing with a black suit on and a black briefcase in his right hand while a stethoscope rested around his nape.

“Hello there. I’m doing a free checkup for a few selected…umm… students? Yeah! students. And  someone… I mean the watchman informed me about someone being sick here.” He finished with a tone trembling with nervousness. But MiNa didn’t seem to quite buy the excuses.

“Aren’t you Dr. Jung? One of the most respected doctors in Seoul?” MiNa questioned while crossing her arms across her chest.

“Y-Yes”

“And weren’t you in Jeju until yesterday for attending some medical conference there?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Y-yes. You know me?”

“Nothing special. I just keep myself informed about the health field.” she replied back nonchalantly while the rude expression remained on her face.

“Well, I think you don’t quite like me though.” he silently murmured but MiNa heard it and she raised an eyebrow in question.

“Because I don’t think I’m welcomed here considering the fact that I’m still standing out and have been bombarded with questions and a rude behavior rather than respect and greetings.” He didn’t look intimidated anymore. Well, let’s just say that the doctor wasn’t a very good liar and he was nervous of getting caught earlier.

“No hard feelings but I don’t trust the excuses you gave. But since I care about my friend, another checkup won’t do any harm. You can come in.” she said and led the way to the bedroom after locking the main door from inside. Overprotective best friends can be rude and that’s totally the case right now.

After getting done with the check up, he just said the same things the previous doctor had said and regretted for wasting his time on getting on the private jet all the way from Jeju to Seoul just because he was forced by a certain psycho since he was indebted by that certain someone’s father in a way.

He left and the girls couldn’t help but wonder what had happened after all.

“You rest Asma. If you don’t want to extend your leave from the University for more than three days, you better rest now while I ask my maid to bring over some clothes of mine and a hearty meal for us.”

“You’re staying here? What about your attendance?!”

“Stop panicking, will you? I don’t care about my attendance when it’s you I’m talking about. And attendance won’t affect our grades for your kind information.” she smirked and got off the bed.

“But what about our notes?!”

“Aargh! You really love panicking for no reason. Chill. We have Mr. Lizard to help us out with notes. Now relax.”

“I can finally relax.” Asma took a deep breath of relief.

“Come here little heart. I’ll give you something to eat.” MiNa took the puppy away and out of the room while leaving the other girl to rest. By the way, the little innocent puppy looked very delighted at the new name he got too.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“So? How is she?”

“ She’ll be fine. My coming all the way from Jeju was a waste of tim—“

Nothing is a waste of time when it comes to her, alright!” the mysterious one snapped.

“I can’t believe I’m even listening to you when it’s not even you I’m indebted to.” the doctor sighed again as he massaged his temple in annoyance.

“That’s bad for you but you have to live with it. Secretary Kim, get a glass of an orange drink for Dr. Jung in my office.” He ordered through the phone.

“No thank you. I still have to attend a conference in Jeju hence I’ll take my leave now.” He said and got up from the soft white and black couch. The former just shrugged and continued to sign a few documents on his working table.

“I really wonder how you manage to lead the No Enterprise and Chains at such a young age though. You have changed a little. Not the one who used to be engrossed in just business meetings and earning money, and I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not. You’re not a really bad kid but your possessiveness over a few things really scares me. And this time, it seems like it’s even worse. Please take care. I can’t help but worry about you because no matter what, I care about you as your father would do.” The doctor said as he was about to exit the office. His eyes showed the truth his words were speaking; calm, scared and caring. Indeed, his words were true.

“No one can love me like my dad used to. But I think I got someone to love for once.” was all that the guy in his late 20s said monotonously and smirked later as he continued to sign the documents with his left hand. “You can leave.” he added without looking up. The doctor just sighed with a hurt expression and left.

“Cancel the juice Hyemi-ssi. And….. I’m promoting you to be my Personal Assistant with a higher pay.” he said to his secretary on the other side of the phone.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Three days had gone within the blink of an eye and the girls were back in the University. Surprisingly, the only one note that had showed up during those three days was a get well soon note and no other note showed up.

The University was bustling with all the campaignings going on for all the candidates for various positions in the Student Union Council. Apparently, MiNa had applied for the President’s post in the Health Department and Asma applied for the Vice President.

“I seriously have no confidence in leading people but I do have quite a few useful ideas that might be helpful to the students.” Asma said as she took a seat in one of the empty chair in the cafeteria.

“ Don’t worry. You’ll do just fine. I’m there in the committee even if I don’t win.” MiNa softly smiled. Asma smiled back at her.

“So? You’re shifting today to my place, right?” MiNa skeptically glanced at the other girl.

“No.” MiNa raised her shibrows. Gosh! Is she getting lessons from The Choi Siwon! “I mean, not today, not this month. I still need to pay this month’s rent and it’ll be waste of money if I pay the full rent for living for just a weak.”

“But you’re still not safe.”

“Trust me, I can protect myself. It’s just this month. Please” Asma pouted.

“I can pa—“

“What did I tell you about money and me?”

“Party pooper.”

“Thank you very much MiNa dear.” Asma teased. “Well~, I wanted to talk to you about something else too.” Asma nervously said as she bit onto her lower lip.

“Go ahead.” MiNa said suspiciously.

“I guess I need to work as a part timer to pay the rent this month and to manage my expenses from now on.” Asma slowly said, sounding almost inaudible but MiNa still heard.

“Before you say anything, listen! I don’t want to trouble my dad for money to pay up my rent and since it’s just this month I’d be paying for it anyway. I have to start earning for myself sooner or later. Hence I’m planning to look for a part time job. Ok. Now start with your rants.” Asma managed to say in a breath taking speed as she closed her eyes while anticipating the other to rant non-stop.

“Kekeke.” MiNa just chuckled in amusement. “I’m glad you know me so well. Ok. I’m supporting you on this one but it shouldn’t affect your studies. I’m not letting your scholarship get taken back.” she finished.

“I love you~” Asma hugged the latter over the table.

“Stop…chocking...me…to death!” MiNa managed to say but was happy on the inside too albeit the bad feeling still persisted. She made a mental note to protect Asma no matter what. It feels like I have another little puppy to take care of. she thought and chuckled again.

 

******************************************************************************** ^_^ ************************************************************************************

A dry chapter I know but…it had to be there for the next part to come. Keep anticipating coz the stalker () will be revealed in the coming chapter. I guess most of you already got the hint but let’s see how many of you got that right. *_^