The Sitter, The Driver

Zico, My y Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[5Zic’s POV]

“Why are you staying after school?” I ask suspiciously on the phone. Han Neul suddenly calls me to pick her up later than usual.

“Is it really for extra-class? You are not into detention right?” I’m still can’t get away from my doubt.

“Okay. I’ll pick you up. Don’t worry.” I say and decide to believe her as she keeps on whining on the line.

“Hrmm… Love you too.” I smile and put the phone back to my pocket.

“Han Neul?” Kang Nam hyung who is sitting in front of me asks.

“Yup. She asks me to pick her up later than usual. She got some extra class.” I told Kang Nam hyung about the conversation I had with Han Neul earlier.

“When do you need to pick her up?” he asks as his hand busy twirling the pen on his hand.

“At 5.” Simple, I answer.

“5? Don’t you remember?” He looks at me shocked. Did I forget something?

“What should I remember?” I ask him back, raising my eyebrows in confusion and curio.

“We have a meeting with the new supplier at 4.” He finally says, looking straight at me. Only after he says that I finally recall it back.

“Oh yeah right... I totally forget about that. I’ll ask Cream to pick Han Neul up then.” I say and pull out my phone, trying to call Cream but only the caller ringtone plays for the next 30 seconds without someone to pick it up.

*Where is him?* I ask myself as I cut the short call.

“He’s not answering. I’ll call him later.” I tell Kang Nam hyung before looking at my wristwatch. It’s already 3.30 PM.

“We should go now. Or we’ll be late.” Kang Nam hyung says.

I was about to exit the café when suddenly two bikes dashing noisily into the parking lot. The three kids just arrive.

“Hyung, sorry we are late. We need to stay after the class is over.” Kyung who was riding with Yoo Kwon jump of the bike and take off his helmet.

“It’s okay. Oh… We are going out. We thought that you guys will arrive later so we just close the café for a moment until you guys arrive.” Kang Nam hyung says.

“Where are you going hyung?” Zico asks.

“We need to meet the new supplier. We may be late or doesn’t even come back to the café later. So you guys just do what you have to do alright? Sims will come later after his class is over I guess.” I told them to just carry the business as usual even though we weren’t there.

“Deh hyung.” The three of them answers.

I left them at the entrance and get to my car while trying to call Cream once again just to be greeted by the unending caller ringtone.

*Haish… Where’s that kid?* I sigh at the thought of Cream who is currently MIA.

I was about to get on the car when my eyes suddenly look at Zico who is still standing in front of his bike for God-knows-what-he’s-doing.

“Ah… that’s right!” a bulb light up on my head.

“Zico!” I call him and wave my hand, gesturing him to approach me.

“What is it hyung?” He asks as he comes near me.

“Do you know where Shinil High School is?” I ask him.

“Err… Yes… why?” he asks me back.

 

[Han Neul’s POV]

“Do you want me to lift you home?” Ji Min asks as we are walking towards the school’s gate.

“No. It’s okay. I already ask 5Zic oppa to pick me up.” I say, refusing her offer.

“Okay...” she smiles sweetly.

“Where is he?” I look around searching for 5Zic oppa’s car that is nowhere to be seen.

“What is a Sangin’s student doing here?” Da Young’s sudden exclaim make me and Ji Min spontaneously looks at her.

“Where?” Ji Min asks.

“There… Look!” we look to where Da Young’s finger is pointing.

My jaw drops at the sight of Zico who is still wearing his school’s uniform standing at the other side of the road.

*What he’s doing here?* I ask in my head. As if answering my question, my phone suddenly beeps. I unlock the screen to see a message received from 5Zic oppa.

 

From: 5Zic oppa

‘Han Neul, oppa really have an urgent meeting right now. Oppa already ask Zico to pick you up. Okay? Don’t go anywhere else after school. Oppa loves you.’

 

“What the…” my exclaim was cut half when Ji Min suddenly squeals excitedly.

“Look! He’s walking over here.” Ji Min keeps tugging the hem of my blazer as she sees Zico is crossing the road.

“This is dangerous.” Da Young says.

“What dangerous?” Both me and Ji Min look at Da Young who is now giving a serious look while staring at Zico from afar.

“People say the kids from that school are not someone that you should mix with. They are all hooligans. People said that the school is where gangsters were born. No-no-no.” she shakes her head.

“Who said that?” I ask, annoyed. I really hate those people who like to judge people when they don’t even knew them.

“My mom.” Da Young says making me roll my eyes. I knew it. As expected from Da Young’s mother who always take one’s status as the top priority and always belittled those who she thinks that are not as ‘noble’ as her.

“Look, he’s walking over here. Whoa! Now that I get to see him closer, he’s so good-looking. Kya~~!” Unbothered by our conversation, Ji Min keeps squirming endlessly beside me.

Please tell me why they are my friends again?

“Han Neul…” Zico probably notice my presence and call my name while waving his hand as he tries to cross the road.

“Han Neul? What’s that? You know him?” Ji Min asks, surprised.

“Err… well yes... I-I- mean no... Yes” I stutter I actually don’t want them to know that I’m connected to Zico in any way. I mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter