The Sitter, The Cook

Zico, My y Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Han Neul’s POV]

I was standing in front of the kitchen’s stove, hitting the pot lid with the chopstick as if playing a drum while waiting for the ramyeon to cook.

“Ah… please cook quickly! I’m hungry.” I say as I took a peek into the pot. This seems to take forever, so I increase the heat’s level so it will cook quickly.

It's 9 and I am really hungry. There’s nothing to eat in the kitchen and my cooking skills is actually limited to ramyeon only. There’s nothing I can do.

I was singing happily to 2NE1’s Come back Home as I wait for the ramyeon to cook when the doorbell rings.

“It must be 5Zic oppa.” I say as I run to get the door.

*He’s early today.*I think happily.

I open the door just to see Zico standing there.

*He’s off from work? It’s only 9.* I glance at the clock.

“I’m home.” He says cheerfully before walks into the house.

“You drop off early today…” I say as I walk behind him, biting the chopstick in my hand.

“I got a test tomorrow, that’s why I ask 5Zic hyung to let me early today.” He answers.

“Everyone else too?” I ask just to be friendly.

“Yup. Everyone else too.” He replies.

“Where’s 5Zic oppa?” I ask Zico because I see 5Zic oppa are not with him. Usually, they will get home together.

“He says he will be late. Maybe he will be home before midnight.”

“Meeting takes that long?” I ask, somehow feeling annoyed. He seems to take care of his business more than me.

“I don’t really know. Maybe?” Zico shrugs his shoulder, smiling.

“Did you eat?” He asks me.

“I was cooking ramyeon before.” I say, totally forgot about my ramyeon if he didn’t asked.

“Ramyeon? Is that… what I smell?” he uncertainly asks as he sniffs his nose.

I follow his action and do the same before a burning smells poking my nose.

“Ah! I forget…” I yell as I run into the kitchen and turn off the stove before open the lid.

I look into the pot just to see that it the water is now completely dry. Don’t even ask me about the ramyeon. I totally forget that I’ve increase the heat level before.

Pathetically, I take a bit of the burning ramyeon and taste it before throw it out back into the sink.

“Ah… it is burnt. Aishy…” I say disappointedly, almost crying. I’m really hungry right now and now my ramyeon have end up like this, what am I going to eat?

*5Zic oppa, please be home quick. I’m hungry.* I whine as I stare sadly into the burnt ramyeon in the pot.

“Why… Han Neul?” I hear Zico’s voice. I can hear his footsteps coming closer to me and without I realise it, he’s already there, standing beside me in front of the stove.

“Han Neul… you just cook ramyeon and you burnt it?” he asks in a very obvious disbelief tune as he looks into the pot. It almost sounds like ‘You can’t even cook ramyeon?’

I turn and glare at him who isn’t still aware of my eyes that are currently drilling holes into his head. I’m already sad here, why does he need to add that? I know I’m not a good cook. I can’t even cook ramyeon well. People call me spoiled and what-so-ever but he doesn’t need to add that. I know that already.

My heart is now beating madly, not the same feeling that I have when I’m with Zico before. This time, it’s anger. He sounds like he’s looking down at me and I HATE it.

Unaware of where my vision is fixed at, he suddenly let out a small laugh before turn and looks at me. His smile automatically fades as he sees my eyes that I believe somehow would kill him (not in a good way).

“Han-Han-Han Neul…” he stutters. He never sees this kind of expression comes from me before.

“Why are you crying?” he hesitantly asks.  When he says that only I realise that my eyes is shedding tears. Initially it was because I’m too hungry. But now, I’m positive it is because I’m too angry. I can’t even say anything.

“Han Neul… Don’t cry.” You know… the feeling when you are sad but then come someone to console you and say the exact word; it actually won’t calm you down but makes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter