Life That We Live In (Zico)

Zico, My y Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOUBLE UPDATE!!
Why?
Because I can and I'm allowed...

hehe...
this is me making up for my 2 month hiatus...

[Zico’s POV]

My eyes wander aimlessly around the vast garden. Fancy and luxurious decorations are everywhere filling the whole space. Ladies and gentlemen with expensive designated suits and dresses acting close to each other, chatting about some business matters and stuff, sometimes boasting about their properties that are scattered all around the world. This whole hypocrite world full with insincere people really doesn’t suit me at all. 

Eyes are staring at me weirdly as I was standing alone at the corner of the party. Maybe it was my suit that doesn’t reach the Georgio Armani's standard. With just a dark blazer on top of a shirt I know I am nowhere near to those rich peoples’ styles. Or is it because of my shoe that has no Jimmy Choo’s touch on it. Or maybe it is because my pose that isn’t as great as those models in the Marie Claire’s Magazines or is it my wrong dress code.

I’m not really sure the reason why but all I know is I don’t belong here. But why am I here again?

Oh, I just remember I’m here because of Ji Seok hyung.

 

*Flashback*

3 days ago…

I walk towards the new table ready to take an order.

“Sir…” I call.

The guy who was now busy looking at his phone raises his head to look at me. As soon as I see his face, my expression changes.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, harsh.

“Ji Ho… I didn’t come here to quarrel with you or anything.” He wasn’t even surprised with my greeting. I bet he already see that’s coming. Actually he knows too well that’s how I’m going to react to him.

“You know I don’t have anything to say to you right?” I say, doesn’t even have any intention to lengthen the meaningless conversation.

“But I do… Ji Ho, please sit for a moment. We need to talk.” I don’t know why he doesn’t give up. Even if I treat him harshly, he still smiles when he talks to me, as if there’s nothing wrong with us.

“We have nothing to talk about. We shouldn’t have sat together at the first place. Your level and mine are completely different. If you’re not going to order anything please excuses me, I still have lots of work to do.” I was ready to leave him when he grabs my wrist, strong. I look fiercely into his gentle eyes as if giving him a warning that he shouldn’t have even touches me.

“I’m sorry.” He slowly let go of his grip, probably getting my message.

“Ji Ho, don’t you miss eomma? Eomma, she really wants to see you. Don’t you want to see her too?” He suddenly says. I look away from him. I can’t even look into his eyes. Why can’t he just treat me harshly like I do? In the end, it always makes me the bad person.

“I know you are still mad at appa but haven’t you thought even a bit about eomma?” he keeps talking and I keep my silence there.

“Ji Ho…” he calls my name again.

“You don’t have to do this for father or for me. Can’t you just do this for eomma?” he suddenly pulls a fancy envelope, an invitation... before puts it on the table.

“I hope you’ll be there. For eomma.” He pats my shoulder gently before walk out of the café.

I took the card from the table.

*Eomma and Appa 25th anniversary.* I read silently.

*Should I go or should I not?*I glance again at Ji Seok hyung’s direction who was just exit the café.

*End of Flashback*

 

And now I’m here at a place that I don’t belong to. Standing alone here like an outsider. I sigh. Why did I make the decision to come here actually?

I take out my phone. With hopes, I press the number one on my speed dial and call the number, hoping that the receiver would answer her phone. I really need some company right now. After several rings, there’s still no answer. I know it would be like this.

“Noona, where are you actually?” I ask, more to myself.

“Please leave a message after the beep.” Says the female voice of the operator.

I immediately stop dialling and trying to text her. After several times deleting and retyping the same message all over again, I give up. I should have just stay at home or hang around with my mates or just follow 5Zic hyung to Jeju-do when he offered me to. Now I started to regret everything.

“Hi, are you here alone?” a placid voice of a female greets me. I raise my head to look at the owner of the voice. A well-off young lady is standing in front of me. She seems to be around Han Neul’s age.

“Huh? Are well yeah… Seems like it.” I answer, still keeping the smile on my face to the stranger.

“Never seen you around before. Which family are you from?” Somehow, I can actually see this question coming.  Well, what else do you expect from this circle of people?

“Actually, I…” I was about to make up a lie before a voice interrupt us.

“Ji Ho… you are here.” The familiar voice of Ji Seok hyung pauses my words.

“Ms. Lee it’s nice to see you here.” As if he just realise the girl’s presence, he looks at her with a surprised expression before bend down a little and peck the back of her hand. What a play. I look away uninterested.

“Ms. Lee, this is my younger brother, Woo Ji Ho. Ji Ho, this is our business partner, Lee Eun Ji, the daughter from the Lee Company.” Ji Seok hyung introduce us to each other.

“You are from the Woo family. It’s strange that I never see you before.” The girl says, totally shock with the statement. I try to hold back my annoyance that doesn’t seem to drop in the nearest meantime.

“Actually my brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter