The reasons

Holding

Third P.O.V

"W..what?" Minseok knew his speech was disoriented, but that the least of his concern. This boy infront of him said he liked him, the boy whose name is Luhan, the boy who's in a band, the boy who he he looks up to and the boy who is also his friend.

"I um.. like you? Sorry I've never done this before and you didn't really need to that so, ignore that and now I'm babbling so please ignore that too." 

"You like me?" Minseok only heard the first bit, everything else after that faded since his mind was still stuck on the first part.

"I like you." Luhan repeated again this time more sure and with a bashful grin making Minseok's inside twist in a way only Luhan could and he could feel the heat on his cheek's again. Despite wanting to say I like you too! to the other male he couldn't. Not when he knew the consequences for doing so; him being an idol and liking someone was bad enough, but him liking a boy at that would completely ruin not only his but the rest of Exo's carrer. Also the hates would slowly changing his outlook of the world; no one knew this better than him after all.

"You have to go now."

"what?" The grin that was on his face earlier completely dropped as he gaped at the older boy.

"I said you need to go now Luhan. Now." He didn't want to say these things especially not to Luhan, but he knew that'd be the best for the boy. And once Luhan realizes that his 'feelings' for him are no more he'll be thankful for this, right? He didn't know what was right or what was wrong anymore so, he needed Luhan to get out of here and let him wallow in his misery.

"No." Ignoring the look of surprise on his baozi's face he stepped forward. "No I will not leave because I know you dont want me to." That was what he was desperately hoping for anyway. He had noticed the blush and the slight (real) smile on his face which showed that the other liked him too. But he knew that there were chances that the older doesn't which crushed him. However he wanted reasons even if it was reasons to why he's being rejected. He needed to know why the boy with the cutest cheeks and nicest personality didn't like him back.

"I-I don't like you." Lies. He knew how much of a big lie that was and even though he hated lying it was necessary. That hurt Luhan, more than he thought it would, but he wasn't going to give up just like that. 

"Why don't you like me?" 

With a straight face he began to tell even more lies."Because of your face." That looks too nice. "becuase of your smile." Which makes the butterflies in my stomach alive. "And because of your personality." which made me fall me forr you. "I don't like any of them." I love all of them.

"Minseok." He's going to leave now. He'll realize that I'm not worth it and leave. "I can't change my face nor my smile, but I'll try my best to change my personality for you." What? no this can't be happening. He's supposed to leave, he's supposed to think I'm the meanest person alive. His breathing grew shallower and faster and sweat formed on his forehead as he started to walk backwards. "Are you ok?" Luhan walked forward getting near the boy who was panicking however, the boy walked further away from him disheartening him. "I'm sorry." why are you sorry? "I didn't know that you disliked me to this extent. I'll leave."

"No,don't leave!" As soon as the words left his mouth he slaped his hands over it. I wasn't supoosed to say that out loud. The brunette turned around, the sadness clear in his eyes. Msienok felt things he wished he didn't on seeing the broken expression and he wated to punch himself for being the reason for all of this."I-I didn't mean to say that." he stammered not knowing how to cover up what he said.

"Yes you did oppa!" Both male turned around to see a fuming Ailee with a glare directed at her cousin. He gulped. "That sentence was the only one you meant out of all the one you've said so far!"

"He didn't mean to, he said it himself didn't he." Ailee frowned at Luhan, but her eyes softened on seeing the heartbroken look on hs face. She turned to look at her cousin and spoke "Oppa tell him the truth now."

"I already-" Ailee stopped him from speaking lies any further with a glare. 

"We both know that wasn't the truth and if you don't tell Luhan oppa the truth now I will never, never speak to you." She knew she was being harsh, but it was absolutely needed. Afterall she couldn't let her oppa lose his chance of happiness due to his fears. He needed and wanted Luhan. so, she wasn't allowing the fear to take what he deserves away from him.

"The truth?" The dear spoke, his face and voice still looking and sounding dejected.

"Yes oppa. The turth which Minseok oppa is going to tell you now." The said boy fiddled with his finger and tapped his foot anxiously doing whatever he could to avoid the deer's eyes. But that was easier said than done, soon he found himself looking at the doe pair of eyes and that was all it took to break dwo nhis walls. His stupid wall which he thought was strong, but was atually very weak, very very weak.

"Can we go to my room atleast?"

"Sure as long as you tell him the truth. Promise?"

"Promise." Having said that Msienok walked inside his house with Luhan folllowing behind me. Once they reached his room he shut the door and awkard silence surrounded them.

"I.." both said at the same time.

"You go first." Luhan said with a slight smile. how can he still smile at me?

"I need to tell you something, but will you promise to listen to the end without saying anything?" He recieved a nod and taking deep breath he opened his mouth to finally say the truth. " I like you." Luhan's head which had been hung low a minute ago suddenly raised. Trying his best to ignore the confused(and cute) look Minseok continued on. "Like Ailee said everything I said except the last sentence were all lies. I like your face, your smile and I like your personality the most. I lied to you because you can't like me." The brunette's mouth opened to protest however, Minseok quickly stopped him from saying anything "No talking ill the end remember." He recived another nod. Despite the situation he found himself smiling at the brunette's cute action. "You can't and shouldn't like me becuase you're an idol. If anyone finds out that you like someone and a boy at that it'd jeopordise yours and the rest of Exo's carrer. Plus you'd have to endure the hates."He tok another deep breath to stops the tears from forming. "Cuz of all of this it'd be better to ignore you feelings for me, it'll soon go way anyway." Another silence engulfed the room; this one more awkard and hostile than beofre.

"Are you done speaking?" Out of all the things Minseok was expecting this was the least one. He thought for sure Luhan would understand what he was saying and leave or somewhere along that line. Even so he nodded. "First of all I'm very dissapointed that you lied to me Msienok." Luhan spoke with his face scrunching a bit expressing slight annoyance. "But I'll let it go this time since you like me." a huge grin was on his face as he said that and Minseok could only gape in his confused state.

"Didn't you hear what I said?"

"I did that's why I'm happy because now I know you like me too." another grin formed on his face.

"I meant about your carreer and the hates." he spoe his voice raising slightly.

"Ah those. Don't worry about them."

"Don't worry?!" This time his voice raised completely; he couldn't believe Luhan was disregarding such a important matter,

"Yes, don't worry. Worrying does nothing Minseok." A softer smile replaced the grin casuing the butterflies in Minseok to clash due to the fast movements.

"But-" This time it was Minseok who got interupted not with words, but with lips or more precisely Luhan's lips. Dusty pink coloured his cheeks and Luhan's once Luhan moved away as they were surrounded by silence for the third time. Though it was awakard it was not hostile at all and not nearly as quiet since both male could hear and feel their heart thumping very loudly and quickly.