Ch 28

Holding

Ring!The bell to lunch rang through out the school building bringing a smile to everyone's face. Having heard the sound everyone were eager to bolt out of the room to eat and meet their friends. And bolt out of the room they did. Chatters were going on all over the school area creating a loud buzz overall, not all positive though. 

There were many fingers pointed at Minseok's directions blatantly, no one had the decency to even try to hide the fact that they were pointing let alone not point at all. Said male could feel the gazes, see the pointed fingers and hear the gossips. But he still pretended as though it all wasn't happening. His friends especially his cousin was not happy with the unwanted attention and so she stood up to clearly show her dislike. Bang! She slammed her hand down and glared at everyone before venting out frustration "If you all are done being pathetic and cowardly and simply pain in the stop staring and let us eat in peace." Several gasps could be heard in the canteen, but another slam from Ailee shut them up. "Finally" she sighed.
 
A girl from the same year as the boys approached the infamous group timidly. "Excuse me Luhan could I please talk to you in um.. private?" She said as she glanced at the other members of the group.
 
"Yeah." They moved at the corner of the canteen where no one was present. " So what do you need to talk about."
 
"I think you should stop hanging with the likes of him."
 
"Likes of him?" He questioned with a harsh tone followed by a piercing glare.
 
"Yes likes of him. His picture and truth was revealed a week ago in the school board. You saw it too right?"
 
"So what about it?" He snapped.
 
"The person revealed what he actually is. I'm aware that you're a nice person but if you keep hanging out with him your reputation will be harmed too." Whether it was due to her ignorance or false bravery she continued to speak with no hint of hesitation.
 
"Is that all? If that is all then I'm leaving." He turned to leave without even sparing the girl even a glance.
 
"But-"
 
"Look I don't care if you don't want to friend or support 'likes of him'." He quoted using fingers. "But trying to make them an outcast is something I care about. Just remember that you don't have the right to make anyone miserable." With that he left.
 
His sour mood from the unwanted attention turned even sour after hearing what true girl had to say. Likes of him. The did she mean by that. Who was she to judge? The more he thought about it the more pissed he got and he tightened his fist until the nail dug deep into his skin. For a while he remained angry until he slowly calmed down. There was no point in being angry; what the girl thought was irrelevant to him. He felt a cool sensation on his hand which he had rested on the bench, it was Minseok's hand. Minseok gave him a gentle squeeze and a smile and he replied with a bigger smile.
 
He was extremely happy with his decision and being angry with what she had said felt as though he was questioning it. So he let it go.