The day back

Holding

Third P.O.V

No one knew how Luhan had managed to convince Minseok to go back to school, but they weren't complaining. Minseok was really nervous and instead of going away the feeling was increasing more and more twisting his stomach in a horrible way.

"Let's go baozi or we'll be late!" Luhan called out from the gate and the older male scrambled from his seat running out to meet his friends whilst dragging Ailee who was still munching on toast.

"Oppa I was still eating." she complaned not happy with someone interfering beteween her and food.

"How long were you going to eat for, we've waiting for ages" Chen mocked her; a sly smile making way to his face to which Ailee gladly smacked off with her bag. He pouted trying to gain sympathy however, all he gained was laughter and he angrily muttered jerks; his pout deepening.

As they grew closer and closer to school Minseok grew more restless as well. He even engaged with the baegle line in hopes of forgetting it. Despite all his effort there was no result and it only turned worse as he kept thinking about it. The stares he'd recieve, the words they'd stab with him. Slowly his eyes started tearing as he replayed  the scene of  his nightmare and his old school. His body started shaking, cold sweats broke out upon remembering the scenes, he never knew one could be broken down so easily with words, fists and kicks. Whoever said being hurt physically is better rather than emotionally had clealry never experienced it. The pain that went searing throughout his whole body was undeniably the worst he had ever felt, if it was words he could at least ignore it. But the kicks and fists aimed for him, he could never escape it no matter how much he tried.

He nearly screamed when a hand touched him though it was soft it reminded him of memories that he'd rather lock and never open. "It's me baozi, don't be scared." Luhan had a million question in his mind; he wasn't stupid he knew his friend was worried due to something else other than being back at school. He smiled hoping it conveyed what he wasn't able to say. He reached in to his pocket and pulled out his rubik's before passing it to Minseok who still hadn't spoken. "Whenever I start thinking about bad things I solve this. It helps me shift my focus so, I don't feel down and once I solve it the happiness I feel makes me forget my thoughts."

"Thanks." he meekly replied and took the rubik's cube from Luhan's warm hands. He found that Luhan was right, he was indeed feeling much better after playing with the cube and all the thoughts were pushed back as he foucused on the coloured squares instead.

The cube could only so much; on seeing the school building the feeling of nauseous ness returned which only turned worse after seeing the students. Not wanting his friends to worry anymore than they already have he quickly got off the van and forced a smile on his face when he turned to face them. Seeing this the others were easily swayed into thinking the older was ok and that he could deal with this however, only one of them noticed the pain and insecurity hidden in those beautiful brown eyes.

Just as Minseok had expected he was greeted with glares, whispers, snickering and some avoiding him altogether. Though he tried it was really hard to ignore all that when it surrounded him and he had never felt the want to escape so much before. He gasped when he felt a hand grab his and blushed at noticing it was Luhan. The latter smiled at him and rubbed his hands gently to ease the nervousness, he smiled in return at the affection and held his hand tighter.

Throughout the whole day nearly everyoneavoided  Minseok, there were some who tried to hurt him, but they backed the off on noticing that Exo were supporting him. Even though he was hated by the whole school Minseok was surprisingly happy. He wasn't extremely happy he was just calm because he hadn't eeceived any bruises or venomous words all day long and it was all thanks to his friends. Feeling someone squeeze his hand he turned around and noticed it was Luhan who had a worried expresssion. He gave him his brightest smile before lacing his hands with the other's and staring off into the distance again.