The feelings

Holding

Third P.O.V

It was already midnight therefore all the boys were fast asleep in their dorm except for one. Luhan kept turning and tossing in his bed until a low growl escaped from his roommate: Sehun's mouth in annoyance. He laid still, however his thoughts were everywhere.

He always blushed and felt extremely happy around Minseok. And this happiness of his only grew knowing Minseok liked boys, but the reason was no where to be found. Maybe it's because he won't have to hide anymore. That can't be it.. can it? No, it can't be. If that was it then why would I feel a strange yet exciting feeling in my stomach?

Days passed yet his strange and exciting feeling didn't submerge. The feeling grew and grew nearly making it to the the surface. Though the brunette was still unaware of what this feeling meant he didn't want it to be seen. Especially not by Minseok whom he suspects has to do to something with this feeling of his.

As any other days when he wasn't exhausted from both his school and schedules he kept tossing and turning on his bed. He bit his lower lip while thinking of solutions to keep whatever he was feeling unveiled. He was almost sure he should do that. Almost. 

Today's night was the same as always however, this time there were two boys awake instead of one. "What's bothering you hyung?" Sehun spoke up after not being able to endure the constant creaking of the bed and the sighs from his hyung.

"Huh." The older sounded surprised; he thought he was being quiet. "Nothing, sorry for waking you up Sehun ah."

"It's ok hyung." Rubbing his sleepy eyes he forced himself to sit up.

"You should go back to sleep." They had a really busy day tomorrow (as always) so, he didn't want the younger to be sleep deprived because of him.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." Sehun was determined to find why his hyung didn't sleep and why he was so depressed.

Luhan thought about it, after all it'd be nice to have someone to talk about it. And maybe the younger could help him find the reason. Strangely on that day when he could find the reason he didn't want to; he was afraid of the possibilities. So, after a lot of thinking he replied "It's nothing."

"Just tell me hyung." He smiled slightly and spoke softer "I'll listen till the end."

"Ok then." He sighed knowing that Sehun can be very stubborn and once he sets his mind on something he gets it. Hearing his consent Sehun smiled turning his eyes into half moons. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything!" 

"Well my name is Luhan and I'm-

"Hyung you know I don't mean that." Sehun sounded annoyed; he wanted to help his hyung plus his sleep being disturbed was fuelling his annoyance.

"Sorry. I couldn't miss out on the chance." Sehun lowkey glared as Luhan laughed at him. "Ok no more jokes. Recently I have this weird feeling on my stomach it's-

"Strange, but interesting." Sehun finished for him.

"Yeah." Luhan was surprised, maybe he really can help me! "And I feel it around 

"Minseok hyung." Again he completed the sentence for him. Is he a wizard? Or maybe all those bubble teas gave him super power? Ignoring his hyungs confused look(which made him look slightly stupid) he continued on. "Do you think that maybe you like him?" This time slower and gentler so that the deer didn't freak out.

"Th-tha" he began, but couldn't finish it. His eyes went wide and his mouth was open slightly as his whole body froze.

Worried at his hyung's state Sehun got up from his bed and shook Luhan slightly. "Are you okay?"

"That's not possible." 

"Why not?" Seeing his hyung's head go down and his lost eyes he immediately regretted his words. "Don't worry about it now hyung. Just think about it slowly, give yourself sometime."

--------------

Luhan did exactly that he gave himself some time (way more than needed) yet it still didn't help him solve the puzzle that was his feelings. Not only was having the feeling annoying, but being unable to solve it as well was driving his crazy; he was always successfull at solving problems wherther it be schoolwise or gamewise so, having not solve it even after a long time was making him feel rather pathetic. If that wasn't enough Minseok and his friends were noticing his strange behaviour and for the first time in his life he was happy about the lunch being short because his friends couldn't question him.

 After Luhan started his weird actions strange thought clouded Minseok's mind. Is Luhan disgusted of me? The questions never left him and slowly Minseok was retreating back to the shell that Luhan had pulled him out of. 

Although Luhan was avoiding Minseok he didn't miss the half smiles which soon turned into fake ones as time went by. Therefore he decided to confront the older about it setting aside his feelings; Minseok was important to him and he wasn't loosing his over some annoying feelings. "Minseok." he spoke breathing heavily having to ran all the way to the said boy's house after sending him a text.

"Oh hey, you're here quick." Luhan's face twitched when he noticed that the usual glint wasn't in Minseok's eyes, that his smile didn't curl up as much, that his eyes didn't radiate warmth anymore instead it only gave off sadness. Luhan approached him slowly his fists curled up in anger however, his anger dissolved once he was near to the older boy.

"Did anyone say something or did something to you?"

"No. why would you think that?" he hesitated. It was the truth, but not completely because one can't stop people's mouth. But he decided not to voice it since that matter didn't bother him.

"You're not lying to me, right?" he just wanted to hug Luhan when he saw the sad expression on his face and the amount of care he had. However his eyes turned sad again after remembering the times that Luhan had avoided him. He decided he'd be strong, he wouldn't force Luhan to take care of him.

"I'm not. Luhan, I need to tell you something." Luhan smiled which he took as a yes and spoke after talking a deep breath."You don't  have to be my friend." The gentleness in Luhan's eyes transformed into hurt hearing those words. "I know me being gay bothers you so, you don't have to force yourself to be my friend. You've already done more than enough." His eyes watered and he tried to control the tears from falling, but he was so hurt. So so hurt. On one hand he knew that what Luhan did for him was more than enough, but he still couldn't let him go even if that was being selfish. But what's said is alreay said and he knew he had to let go of the brunette if the other wasn't happy.

"Why would you think that?"

"You've beeing avoiding since finding it out. It's really not a mystery." Luhan wanted to punch himself for being so stupid. How could he ignore Minseok's feeling so easily, how could he be so selfish? Because of him Minseok was doubting their friendship and most importantly himself again and this time it was only his fault. He was the one who had stopped it and protected him and now he had hurt him instead. "I'll always be thankful for everything." With a heavy heart  Minseok turned around to leave, but suddenly Luhan hugged him. He rested his head on the older's shoulder and Minseok's breath hitched on feeling Luhan's warm breath on his skin.

"I'm sorry." His grip became tighter making Minseok feel safe. "I didn't avoid you because you like boys. There's nothing wrong with that and you know that, right?" A nod followed.

"Then why did you avoid me?" Though Minseok's back was facing him he could imagine the sad look and his grip got tighter again.

"I'm sorry." He repeated and he really meant it. "The reason why I avoided you was because." He bit his lower lip in hesitation and taking a deep breath which sent a shiver down the other's spine he said it  "I like you." Before Minseok could say anything he continued "Whenever I was around you I always had this weird feeling in my stomach that feels like butterflies and having you close like now makes it worse. It feels.. nice though. Sehun suggested maybe I like you, but I turned it down." Luhan turned Minseok around slowly so, they faced each other and smiled. "However he was right and I'm glad that he was right."