Baekhyun: Feelings Discovered

The EXO Planet: A Collection of Scenarios and Oneshot [UPDATE: CHPT 22]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Oneshot]

Warning: Extra, extra long chapter ahead~

 

 

Yumi stared at the boy sitting a few seats away from her with both of the elbows propped up to support her head. After a few seconds, she let out a dreamy sigh which caused her partner best friend to roll his eyes.  "Yah," He nudged her elbow which caused it to slip. The girl glared at him and propped her elbow back. "His head is going to have numerous holes if you keep staring at him like that."

Yumi pouted but smiled immediately when he saw him laughed with his friends. "But Baek, don't you think he's handsome?"

"No." Baekhyun answered flatly. "Why are you staring at other guys when you have one extremely good-looking boy sitting right beside you?"

Yumi rolled her eyes this time. "You're so arrogant Baek." 

"I'm not. And don't you deny that fact, bestie." He gave her a goofy grin; Yumi slapped her arm which in turn caused Baekhyun to poke her sides. She squirmed and laughed as Baekhyun tickled her sides. The students around them did not give much thought about them as it was a normal occurrence to them every day. However, Yumi's squeal and their laughter caught a certain someone's attention. He turned and saw the both of them playing and his eyebrows furrowed a little. 

 

 

***

 

 

"Let me copy your math homework Minnie," Baekhyun asked as he took out a slightly wrinkled paper out from his bag. "Hurry before the teacher comes. She'll kill me if she sees my work undone." 

"You're hopeless Baekhyun." Yumi grumbled but nonetheless, passed him her answers. "Love you Minnie. You're the best." Baekhyun said as he scribbled down her answers, making sure to change some of the answers. Yumi made a face at his statement and took out her book to read. 

Minutes later, a voice called out. "Yumi-ssi?" 

"Stop fooling around and do your work Baek." Yumi stated, not taking her eyes off her book.

"Erm Minnie, I wasn't the one calling you." 

Yumi finally looked up with the intention of scolding Baekhyun but gasped when she caught sight of a very familiar person. "L-Luhan-ssi? You called me?" She stood up and pointed at herself. Baekhyun snorted silently but Yumi heard it. She kicked him under the table and he bit his bottom lip to prevent him from yelping.

"Yeah," The doe eyes boy smiled, and Yumi's heart fluttered at the sight of it. "Mrs Kim asked me to collect the math homework for her."

"Sure!" She beamed. Without thinking, she snatched her completed homework and Baekhyun's half-finished homework and hand it to Luhan. "Here you go!" She smiled as she hand him the two set of paper. 

"Thanks Yumi-ssi." Luhan gave her one more heart-fluttering smile before he walked away. 

"Hey! I'm totally not done with it!" Baekhyun complained but to no avail as Yumi gazed at Luhan as he walked around the class to collect homework. Baekhyun huffed and rolled his eyes for the nth time. 

 

 

***

 

 

Hours quickly flew by and Yumi finally wrote the last word for her three page long essay. She sighed in relief and thanked the kind librarian and hurriedly left the place. Upon reaching the concourse, a blast of cold wind harshly blew, accompanied by the sound of rain drops. She shivered when her body comes in contact with the cold wind and she tried to shield herself from the rain. 

"How am I going to go home?" Yumi muttered. "Of all days it just had to rain when I didn't bring my umbrella. I should call Baek to pick me up." She fished out her phone from her skirt pocket and went agape when she realised it was dead. "Damn." She cursed softly. Yumi rubbed her shoulders hoping to create some body warmth but she still felt awfully cold. Even though the rain wasn't heavy, the rain wasn't considered light either, so Yumi couldn't run back home, unless she wants to risk the chances of her landing up being sick. 

Just as she thought that she was going to be stuck in school overnight, a voice called out to her. She jumped in shock and whirled around just to be met with Luhan. 

"L-Luhan-ssi?" She stammered partly because of the shock and also the cold that make her teeth chattered. Wordlessly, Luhan took off his blazer and placed it around her shoulders, which Yumi refused, saying that he'll be cold and tried to give him back his blazer but Luhan firmly put his hands on her shoulders, preventing her from removing it.

"Don't. You'll get sick if you shiver more than you are now. I'll be fine; my skin is thicker." 

Yumi smiled, grateful by Luhan's action. "We can stay here until the rain stops. It's bound to stop soon...I guess. Let's just sit on the bench over there." Luhan awkwardly chuckled and walked towards the bench which Yumi followed. Silence took over them as the both of them don’t know what to say. After a couple of minutes, Luhan broke the silence. 

"What are you doing here in school at this time, Yumi-ssi?" Luhan looked at her.

"I stayed in the library to finish up my essay. I didn't think it would be so late already." Yumi sheepishly rubbed her neck which Luhan found that action rather cute.

"Yumi... Can I call you Yumi?" Luhan asked with a shy smile. 

"Sure," Yumi tried her best not to beam. "I can call you Luhan, right?" Luhan nodded and both of them smiled.

 

From then, they had conversations that seemed to not end. From their likes and dislikes, their life in school and even laughed at each other jokes as if both of them were best friends since forever. After what seemed like minutes, the rain gradually came to a stop. 

"Oh? The rain stopped." Yumi said as she picked up her bag. Luhan copied her actions and the both of them walked out of the school compound together. Just as Yumi was about to bid him goodbye --with reluctance--, Luhan blurted out, "Let me walk you home."

Yumi blinked in surprise. "Let me walk you home." Luhan repeated, but with finality. "It's late and dark, and I'll be worried if I don't see you go home personally." 

Yumi melted at his caring words. Without protesting, she let Luhan walked home with her. 

 

 

When they reached her house, Yumi turned to Luhan with a sincere smile. "Thanks for accompany me in school and sending me home, Luhan. I would have stayed overnight in school if you didn't appear."

Luhan chuckled, "I'm glad I saw you too, Yumi." Luhan ruffled her hair and Yumi had to bit her inner cheeks to prevent her from grinning too wide. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Luhan. Bye." Yumi waved and slowly walked to the door. "See you Yumi. Have a sweet dream~" Luhan waved back. Yumi opened the door and stepped in. Before closing the door, she looked at Luhan for the final time. The latter waved as she finally closed the door.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun was everything but happy. He had tried to call Yumi a million times on the phone but all he got for respond was the annoying speaker. He gave up and went to take a cup of water before he goes to bed, but he saw the scene of Luhan ruffling Yumi's hair in front of her house. Being Yumi's neighbour, he could see everything, and that included Luhan and Yumi. Being Yumi's best friend, he was supposed to be angry at her ignoring his calls and making him worried like hell, but instead he was angry at Luhan. Angry at him for being close to his best friend all of the sudden, angry at him for ruffling her hair as if they were friends for a long time. He wasn't supposed to feel this way, but he couldn't get the icky feeling off him. The feeling of wanting to push Luhan away from Yumi. The feeling of wanting to show Luhan that he was Yumi's best friend in the face. 

The thoughts and sudden weird feelings are mixed up, and this is why Baekhyun was very, very gloomy.

"Hey Baek," Yumi nudged him when she saw him at the locker with his friends. "You okay?"

"Don't touch me." He grumbled and swatted Yumi's elbow away from him. Yumi eyes widened in shock and she glanced at his fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter