Tell him

A Frozen Heart

 

 

    Leeteuk could feel the heat radiating from his skin as he lay on his side upon his mate’s bed, said immortal lying next him as they engaged in deep kiss after deep kiss. Kangin’s hands seemed to be everywhere at once, caressed Leeteuk’s blush colored flesh beneath his long silver robes and holding his close. Leeteuk’s heart was hammering in his chest and he was burning up inside his silk garments, his high temperature causing his to break out into a sweat. Eyes flashing open, Leeteuk pushed Kangin away and slid towards the edge of the bed. Suddenly, he didn’t feel so well.

 

    Only managing to get to his feet, Leeteuk doubled over and proceeded to vomit onto the stone floor. Kangin climbed quickly out of the bed and moved behind his mate before take hold of the elf’s long blonde hair and held it back to it wouldn’t get dirty. This caring gesture wasn’t lost on Leeteuk, for he started crying once he was finished retching.

 

   “Are you alright?” Kangin asked as Leeteuk sat down on the bed and hung his head low in shame. “Do you need to go see Onew? Was it something you ate? Maybe you’re getting a virus or…,”

 

    “I’m not sick,” Leeteuk denied, “I’m pregnant.”

 

   “You’re pregnant,” Kangin repeated, taking a seat next to Leeteuk on the bed. “Are you sure?”

 

    “Yes,” Leeteuk whispered, his head still bowed as he spoke. “I didn’t realize my cycle had started when we slept together until I woke the next morning. I almost passed out in the library last month. Yesung took me to Onew and he confirmed it. I’m two months along. I’m sorry…,”

 

    “Why are you apologizing?” Kangin questioned, his tone very sincere. “Leeteuk look at me.”

 

   Leeteuk just shook his head and remained silent.

 

   “Let me tell you a story,” Kangin began, placing his arm around his mate as he spoke. “When I lived in Eoleum I used to babysit the village children. I was actually a village guard, so I didn’t need the money, but I volunteered to do it. Do you know why?”

 

    “Why?”

 

    “Because I like children and knew that taking care of someone else’s kids was the closest I was ever going to get to having a child of my own.” Kangin explained, “It was expected for men to marry a good woman and start a family, but no woman wants to marry a man like me. It was well known in the village that I was into men and not women. I was never going to have a child.”

 

    “Does that mean you’re not mad at me?” Leeteuk asked, lifting his head to look Kangin in the eyes. What he saw there was something warm and not angry in the slightest.

 

    “I’m not mad at you, Leeteuk-ah.” Kangin answered, “This is good news. I’d kiss you, but you just vomited on the floor.”

 

    “The pregnancy makes me sick sometimes,” Leeteuk informed with an embarrassed smile. “I’ll have Kyuhyun clean it up.”

 

    “When I first followed Donghae here, I hated everything about this place. But now, I couldn’t be happier.” Kangin informed, “You make me happy, Leeteuk-ah. Though, this is kind of strange for me and I don’t understand a thing about elves and how this is going to work, I’m not mad at you. I’m happy that you’re pregnant.”

 

    “There’s more,” Leeteuk continued shyly, “Heechul-ah’s having my child. He’s carrying twins and one of them is mine. I’ll have to spend time with him as well from now on. I have a responsibility to my son.”

 

    “I understand,” Kangin nodded, “It’s your child. You should be a part of his life.”

 

    “But, Heechul-ah belongs to HanGeng and I belong to you, understand? Even though I share a child with the King, doesn’t mean I have to marry him or even stay his consort. Heechul-ah knows about my pregnancy and he wants me to be happy.”

 

    “Are you happy?”

 

    “Yes,” Leeteuk reassured, “I’m scared, but I’m also happy. I’ve always wanted children of my own, but an elf child hasn’t been born for over a century. I was beginning to think it was impossible for me. Now I have two at once and one of them is going to be King someday.”

 

    “What will happen to our child? Will he be a slave?”

 

    “No, Heechul-ah is writing new laws to be enacted concerning inferior elves. He plans on making them free citizens.” Leeteuk answered, “If the laws are put in place soon, our child will not be a slave.”

 

     “Do you think it will work?”

 

    “I don’t know, but we’re going to try.” Leeteuk replied, doubling over when started to feel sick again.

 

    “Are you sure this is just because of the pregnancy?” Kangin panicked, holding back Leeteuk’s hair as he vomited onto the floor. “I think you should see the doctor.”

 

     “I’m fine,” Leeteuk reassured once he was done being sick. “Onew said it was normal to be sick my first few months.”

 

    “Let’s go get you cleaned up,” Kangin suggested, “I think a bath sounds like a good idea.”

 

    “Only if you join me,” Leeteuk teased, “After I brush my teeth of course.”

 

    “Even covered in vomit, you’re irresistible.” Kangin chuckled as he helped Leeteuk stand.

 

     “You’re not the person I thought you were when we first met,” Leeteuk informed as they moved towards the door. “I thought you were an arrogant brute, but you’re a kind and caring man. You’re going to be a great father, Kangin-ah.”

 

    “I thought you were an arrogant elitist jerk,” Kangin added, “But, you’re not. You’re a passionate and caring person who’s just trying to figure out what’s the right thing to do. Our child will have two great fathers. Your son with the King will have a great father as well. You’ll have to make up for what King Heenim lacks.”

 

    “Heechul-ah’s trying his best too. Don’t put him down too much. It’s going to be changing the laws. He’s in for a hard fight and he’s carrying twins at the same time. I couldn’t do what he’s doing. I’m not strong enough.”

   

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, it's a bit short, but I;m switching to a different set of characters next..,

 

COMMENTS = FASTER UPDATES!!!