Fathers

A Frozen Heart

This is a double update. Make sure you've read chapter 25 before reading this one!

 

     Soft white light radiated throughout the King’s chambers as power pulsated around the intimate space and filled its occupants with odd sensations.

      “This feels weird,” Heechul grumbled as he sat in the center of his bed clad only in a sheer light blue robe that was parted in the center to allow access to his swollen stomach.

   Leeteuk and HanGeng sat in either side of their King, their hands placed on Heechul’s belly as they tried to connect with their growing children inside him. According to Onew’s readings on twins, each child will be able to connect their power with their father upon skin to skin contact. It was also an indicator of which child belonged to whom, for Kibum’s words were haunting Heechul’s dreams. Was his child with HanGeng the one projecting its telepathy or was it Leeteuk’s royal son? The answer to this question was very important to the King, for if the inferior born child were to be more powerful than the royal, it could be complicated for the fate of the kingdom’s heir.   

    “I can hear your thoughts,” HanGeng informed, looking across Heechul to Leeteuk. “It’s like I can see inside your mind or something. Do you feel it too?”

    “Yes,” Leeteuk answered, “But, what does it mean?”

    It means that the twin’s powers are connected. I don’t know why I didn’t sense it before. Their bond is strong and their powers are dependent upon one another.

    The three figures on the bed looked up in response to the thoughts that had just run through all of their heads. Kibum stood silently in the doorway, his dark cloak a shadowy contrast to the brightness of the room.

    “Kibum?” Leeteuk asked, confused as to why the banished inferior was standing in the King’s bedchambers.

     “I asked him here,” Heechul clarified, “He has a lot to help us with.”

    Did you find the ritual, Sire?

   “I found more than one,” Heechul replied, “I went this morning and checked the book you described. The ritual to give inferior elves power was there. I also found a bonding ritual for humans and elves.”

    You have been very busy, Sire. I am happy for you and both your mates. Tell Lord Leeteuk that I congratulate him on his pregnancy.

    “I can hear you,” Leeteuk informed, “My child’s powers are channeling through me.”

   An extraordinary child. If I may touch you sire, I might be able to sense something.

    “Alright,” Heechul agreed as Kibum approached the bed and took a seat on the edge of it before placing his hand on his King’s exposed abdomen.

     There are two sons inside you. Their codependency was confusing me. I was reading their powers as one child instead of two. Elven twins are a rare occurrence. Their powers will be unpredictable.

    “When my children are born, I want to appoint them both as heirs to the throne.” Heechul declared, shocking the three males seated around him. “I’ve been thinking this over and I think that this is a blessing. It will allow me to protect the kingdom and both my children at the same time.

    No matter what power he possesses, HanGeng’s child is still an inferior born elf. The laws…,

    “The laws can be unwritten!” Heechul declared firmly, “I was a fool to think that I could give up my child for the sake of a kingdom. Even if they were both Hannie’s sons, I would keep them. I want both of my children to rule when I pass on. Leeteuk’s son will have the power to hold the title and change the season’s like a king should and Hannie’s child can rule the people and be trained in the laws. Their roles will be equal and they will both be royal princes.”

     “This will not sit well with some factions within the palace,” Leeteuk pointed out, “What you speak of goes against everything we know to be true. With an inferior being treated as a royal, the other inferior elves will want to be freed.”

    “They will be,” Heechul whispered, “I was blinded by hate for so long, that I lost sight of what really mattered. Hannie has taught me that it is not a person’s power that matters, it is who they are. Who am I to say that one elf is better than another? We are all elves, are we not?”

    Sire, you have changed a lot over the centuries. I am proud to call you my King once again.

    “Thank-you, Kibum. I just woke up I guess,” Heechul answered, reaching out to HanGeng with his hand. “You can thank Hannie for that.”

    This means your cousin Sungmin can stop sneaking around the inferior passageways at night. He’s been seeing Kyuhyun for years. I do not think that they’re a mated pair, but the connection is strong between them.

    “Kyuhyun and Sungmin,” Heechul repeated, honestly not that surprised by the information. “It will be tough for them, but once the laws are rewritten, then no elf may object to their relationship.”

    “When do you plan on rewriting the laws?” HanGeng asked.

    “I will start drafting them soon. Then, there will have to be a council appointed to legitimize the laws by majority vote.”

    “Who sits on the council?”

    “I do,” Leeteuk informed, “Along with Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Yesung.”

    “Then, there should be no problem with approval.” Heechul pointed out, “The only one who will oppose is Yesung and majority rules.”

    When will you perform the rituals? Kibum asked with a hopeful gaze. Will you empower the lesser elves?

    “First, I want to give birth to my sons and then I will focus on the rituals. I cannot risk my health using that much magic when I am carrying life inside me.”

    I understand, Sire. I would not want you to do anything that would risk the safety of your children.

    “Our children,” Leeteuk added, reaching over Heechul to take HanGeng’s hand. “We’re in this together, aren’t we?”

    “Yes,” HanGeng agreed, “For forever it seems.”

    “You two have gotten closer,” Heechul chuckled, “I’m glad my baby daddies are getting along so well. Leeteuk, you should go tell Kangin about what has happened. He deserves to know he’s a father and of your obligations to me from now on. If this is going to work out there needs to be a balance set.”

    “Alright,” Leeteuk agreed, removing his hand from Heechul stomach and standing up. “Do think he will react well to the news?”

    “Kangin has always loved children,” HanGeng informed with a soft smile. “I think he’ll take it well.”

    “I hope so,” Leeteuk replied before bowing to his king and leaving the room.

    “Kibum, I need you to go to Bimil and retrieve a stack of blank scrolls and a quill and ink. I want to start working on these laws today.”

   Yes, Sire.

   “And what should I do?” HanGeng questioned.

   “You should stay here and take care of me,” Heechul answered with a sweet smile. “I’ve missed you, Hannie.”

   “I’ve missed you too, Heechul-ah.”

   Bowing to his King, Kibum retreated from the room to do as he was instructed, leaving the king and his mate alone together for the first time in many months. The connection between them was as strong as it had been the first day they’d met. Keeping his hands on Heechul’s swollen stomach, HanGeng leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lover’s lips. Heechul’s pale skin began to glow brighter the longer they kissed, his heart fluttering in his chest and his children moving happily inside him. Even though one of his son’s belonged the Leeteuk, they could feel his connection to HanGeng and how happy the other made him feel.

    “I love you,” Heechul whispered as the kiss broke. “I’m sorry I pushed you away.”

    “I love you too,” HanGeng answered, meaning every word. “Just promise not to shut me out anymore. I want to be here for you and for our child.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COMMENTS = FASTER UPDATES!!!