Pointless Conversation

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Sehun… man, you’ve gotta help me.” The entreating note in Chanyeol’s voice was not enough to placate Sehun’s anger at having been awoken at such an ungodly hour.

“For God’s sake, it’s only four in the morning! Are you being mugged or something? Because otherwise, I honestly don’t give a -”

“It’s about Baekhyun.”

Sehun immediately fell silent, and Chanyeol would have feared that he had hung up if it weren’t for the barely audible breathing on the other line.

“I’m listening.”

“I… don’t want to talk about it over the phone. You see… he’s in my arms right now.”

“What!?” Sehun’s reply came instantaneously this time, and Chanyeol’s other hand flew up to cover the receiver in an attempt to muffle the sound from disrupting Baekhyun’s sleep.

“You two didn’t… do anything, right?”

Chanyeol drew the cell away from his ear long enough to gaze down at it in confusion before bringing it back up to where it had been seconds prior.

“What do you mean?”

“Okay, I guess not. But what was it that you said, you don’t wanna talk about it over the phone!? You can’t mean…”

“Meet up with me?”

“Oh, hell no-“

“Sehuuun.” Chanyeol’s voice grew whiny, and although there was no reason as to why it should have been capable of convincing the other boy of anything, Sehun found himself agreeing, albeit reluctantly.

And that was how the younger of the two ended up sitting across from an absolute idiot in a café, staring at him intently as he awaited some sort of explanation at having been forced from his soft, inviting bed and his boyfriend’s all the more inviting embrace.

He was just about to threaten to leave when Chanyeol began to tentatively speak, gaze directed on the cooling cup of coffee held in his large hands.

"Um... Sehun...”

"What." It was clear that Oh Sehun was already quite a bit irritated with the situation at hand.

"Can I ask you something?"

Sehun’s only response was a single blink of his drooping eyes, but apparently this was enough of a confirmation to push Chanyeol to continue.

"Why did I want to kiss him?" Chanyeol suddenly asked out of the blue, causing Sehun to grow incredibly more attentive to the conversation at hand.

"...What the are you talking about." He still didn’t sound very entertained, however.

“Baekhyun.” Chanyeol was now wearing such a tormented expression that Sehun had the urge to hug him tightly.

If there hadn’t been an entire table and two hot drinks separating them, he likely would have.

“What about him?”

“I- well, we-” The older boy stumbled over his words, and it was so positively uncomfortable and painful to watch that Sehun couldn’t stop himself from cutting in.

“Chanyeol. Slow down.”

“But, I can’t. I mean, it’s Baekhyun, I shouldn’t be- I shouldn’t have- I-”

Sehun sighed, taking a sip of his own drink before interrupting the stammering male once again.

“Just start from the beginning, you awkward excuse for a human being.”

“Well, Baekhyun was asleep and I was like, ‘oh look, he’s asleep’ and I was about to wake him up, cuz it was already kinda late, okay, but then he whispered my name- not just my normal given name, you know, it was a nickname which he has since refused to call me by and he swears he never has called me by it- but then he pulls me down and I’m just standing there all confused, like, what the hell is going on, I can’t just stay like this forever, it’d be awkward, I mean- not awkward because it’s Baekhyun and because he’s a guy, per se, but because I’m just at an awkward angle, and I didn’t wanna wake him up by pulling away, so I climbed up onto the couch as well-”

“My God, Chanyeol, remember that you have to breathe, .”

Chanyeol inhaled sharply before diving back into his rant, the same rant which was currently giving Oh Sehun a headache as he struggled to keep up with what exactly was going on.

“Then I was like, lying on top of him, and I don’t know, don’t you find that a bit weird? Lying on top of your best friend?”

“Well, seeing as Luhan is both that and my boyfriend, no.” Sehun answered pointedly, but Chanyeol

Please log in to read the full chapter