Freedom

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

It all started with a kiss.

As a matter of fact, it couldn't even be considered a kiss.

It didn't even deserve to be called a peck.

In reality, it was just the unintentional brushing of Chanyeol's lips against the shell of Baekhyun's ear as he whispered something trivial and undoubtedly what he believed to be hilarious in the middle of class.

Nonetheless, it sent a tingle all the way down Baekhyun's spine to the very tips of his toes, and it was in that moment- that virtually insignificant moment- that he knew.

He loved Park Chanyeol.

The same Park Chanyeol who had consequently proceeded to laugh his head off after his offhand remark- which Baekhyun hadn't even managed to catch- incurring the wrath of their teacher who frankly had had enough of Chanyeol's .

And from that moment on, Baekhyun only fell even further. Every little action Chanyeol performed would cause his breath to catch in his throat and make him grow weak in the knees, but it would have absolutely no effect on anybody else.

Something which most people would just write off- like Chanyeol casually eating an ice cream cone- would completely entrance him, his eyes trained on the younger's lips and how his tongue would sensually brush against the rosy skin as he up any remaining chocolate droplets, his mouth curving up into a satisfied smile once it was free from any traces of the dessert.

And whenever Chanyeol hugged him now, it was entirely different than from before.

Baekhyun became hyper aware of each place his body came in contact with Chanyeol's, barely able to contain the giddiness which shot through him every time bare skin brushed against his.

Baekhyun was always afraid that Chanyeol would hear the incessant hammering of his heart in his chest, but Chanyeol never failed to be the first to pull away, that clueless, dopey smile ever present on his face.

There was no doubt in Baekhyun's mind that he was in love with his best friend- with Park Chanyeol, the boy who would follow him around like an infatuated puppy and yet showed no sign as to whether he cared for Baekhyun as more than a friend.

And this bothered Baekhyun to no end.

"Sehuuun," He wailed, clutching onto his friend's collar and shaking him back and forth.

"What am I supposed to dooo!?" He glanced over at the source of his frustration, currently engaged in an animated conversation with Jongin as they stood in line to buy their lunches.

"Well, you could stop being such a little and tell him..." Sehun spoke through a mouthful of rice, twirling his fork in his fingers as he offered up what he believed to be sound advice.

"NO!" Baekhyun squeaked, eyes widening to an unimaginable degree.

"We've already been over this, Oh Sehun."

"Yeah, yeah, you can't risk your friendship, blah blah blah. But you know, if you never say anything, you're never gonna get anywhere."

Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest, but just at that very moment Chanyeol appeared behind him, setting his tray down on the table before circling his arms around Baekhyun's waist.

"Hey, Baek," He murmured, breath tickling Baekhyun's sensitive neck as he rested his chin upon the older's shoulder.

"They didn't have anything good today," He whined, grip tightening around Baekhyun as he glanced down at the sandwich his best friend held in his hands.

He immediately perked up, a single hand snaking up Baekhyun's arm before taking hold of the food.

"Is this your mom's amazing roast beef sandwich!?"

Baekhyun reluctantly turned his head to meet Chanyeol's gaze, immediately regretting it once he saw how close Chanyeol's face was to his.

"Uhm... yeah." A blush crept up his neck and bloomed across his cheeks as he hastily averted his eyes, concentrating instead on the item they were currently discussing.

"You can... have some if you want."

You can have anything you want to.

"Really? Thanks, Baekhyun."

Chanyeol leaned down to take a bite out of the sandwich, munching happily as he beamed brightly at the flustered boy below him.

As Chanyeol chewed, Baekhyun caught Sehun'

Please log in to read the full chapter