Spontaneous Road Trip

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Baek?” Chanyeol sounded genuinely confused, furrowed eyebrows clearly portraying his disoriented state as he gazed down at the boy currently shoving some of his own belongings into a duffel bag.

“What are you doing?”

“Packing.” Baekhyun replied simply, not bothering to elaborate any further as he yanked open several drawers of Chanyeol’s dresser and removed various articles of clothing.

One of said items happened to be a pair of Chanyeol’s boxers, and Baekhyun lifted them up into the air- presumably to take a closer look at them, much to the younger’s dismay.

“G-give me those!” He stammered, snatching the source of his embarrassment away from his best friend as he fought off the blush threatening to overtake his face. “And why are you packing? You… you aren’t leaving yet, are you?”

Baekhyun ceased his actions momentarily in order to give the distressed giant a reassuring smile. “Of course not. Why in the world would I be taking your clothes!?”

Chanyeol shrugged away both the question and his insecurities. “I don’t know. Cuz you know I wouldn’t stop you?”

Baekhyun threw his head back as he broke out into a fit of laughter. “They would most definitely not fit me.”

“My clothes?” Chanyeol asked dumbly, blinking his gorgeous chestnut eyes in uneasiness.

“Your boxers.” Baekhyun clarified, a teasing grin breaking out over his face.

“What- what is that supposed to mean?” Chanyeol’s voice grew higher-pitched and unstable once again, and Baekhyun had to bite down hard on his lower lip in order to keep a straight face as he advanced on the flustered boy.

“I think you know what that means,” Baekhyun whispered, getting way too close for Chanyeol’s liking.

The object of discussion slipped from the younger’s fingers as he backed away from the all too suddenly intimidating boy- which didn’t very well make sense, seeing as he was much shorter than him.

But the devilish glint in Baekhyun’s eyes and the way he was slowly stepping nearer to him was virtually driving him insane all the same.

Chanyeol felt his back hit the dresser, and he could do little else but blink repeatedly in utter shock as the distance between him and the older diminished until it was all but nonexistent.

“B-Baekhyu-” Chanyeol’s voice caught in his throat, and he found his gaze slipping down to rest on his best friend’s perfect lips before he caught himself and hastily looked away.

 “You’re in the way, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun huffed, not so gently shoving the other boy to the side as he yanked open one of the drawers and began pulling out additional things to add to the growing pile of clothes on Chanyeol’s bedroom floor.

“You’ll probably need this, and this… and… yeah, you’ll need that too-”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol tried again, this time succeeding in vocalizing Baekhyun’s name without any hint of hesitation. “What are you even doing?”

“I thought I already answered this question.”

“No, but Baek, I still don’t understand-”

“Whooaaaa, shocker.”

Chanyeol sent the smaller male a half-hearted glare before forcefully grabbing the boy’s tiny hands in his large ones, stilling them and thus disabling Baekhyun from throwing his entire wardrobe onto the carpet.

“But why?”

“Because we’re going on a trip, Channie!”

“Yeollie.” Chanyeol asserted, tightening his grip on the other boy’s hands as a note of childishness began to creep into his tone of voice.

“No, dear Lord, Chanyeol, I’m not gonna tell you anything if you keep on with that-”

“Okay okay okay!” Chanyeol cried, releasing Baekhyun’s fingers from where they had been clasped between his- much to the older’s dismay- before giving his best friend his most convincing, pleading look.

“Please tell me, Baekkie, I’m so ing confused-”

“Good.”

“H-huh!?”

“How does it feel to be confused for once, huh Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side as he grew visibly more and more perplexed.

“Um. Not so good? Can you just tell me, Baekhyun?”

“We’re going on a trip!” Baekhyun exclaimed, tossing the clump of clothes that he had been accumulating in his hold into the air and watching them float to the floor to join all the others.

Chanyeol let out an overdramatic groan. “Where?”

“It’s a surprise! I’ll give you directions, though. Because I can’t drive.”

“How am I supposed to drive somewhere if I don’t know where it is?”

“I’ll tell you when to turn.” Baekhyun replied simply, before gracefully slipping into a seated position on the carpet and shoving random articles of clothing into Chanyeol’s bag for him.

As soon as Baekhyun was finished, he dragged the reluctant giant down the stairs before leading him to the younger’s car, forcing him into the driver’s seat before cheerfully jumping into the passenger side.

“We gotta stop by my house, Channie. To get my stuff.”

“…Okay.”

“And pick up Luhan.” Baekhyun added, but this time the other boy was not so quick to agree.

“…………Why………..”

“Because he’s coming with us.”

Chanyeol sighed, averting his gaze from where it had been focused on the road in order to give Baekhyun a clear view of his very not amused expression.

“Coming with us where?”

“OH, and Sehun. We have to pick up Sehun.” Baekhyun continued, eliciting a frustrated sound from the boy seated beside him.

“Baekhyun!”

“Well, most likely he’s with Luhan, so you don’t really have to go anywhere else… yeah, just go to Luhan’s.”

Chanyeol muttered something along the lines of ‘You’re going to be the death of me’ under his breath before redirecting his attention to the passing line of traffic.

Baekhyun took a total of five minutes getting his stuff together once they’d reached his house, which was surprising consideri

Please log in to read the full chapter