That Green-eyed Monster

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

As soon as Chanyeol regained enough composure to enable his return to the boy he just now came to realize he had feelings for, he set foot in the hallway, almost immediately being sent back into the same state of panic he had been in minutes earlier.

“Beep,” chirped a certain wide-eyed host loitering outside the bathroom door, leading Chanyeol to release a screech which remarkably resembled that of a young girl’s as he stumbled back onto the tiled floor and into the firm chest of a male by the name of Oh Sehun.

“I’ve been waiting for you two to finish it up in there!” Kyungsoo groaned theatrically, planting small hands on either side of his hips as he tapped his foot in visible impatience. “You know… when I said you were free to do as you wished for the duration of your stay, I didn’t expect you to get it on in every possible location. I mean… damn, I figured you’d at least reserve this sort of stuff for the bedroom. You have your own private bathrooms, for God’s sake, why the hell did you have to choose the one with the thinnest walls and in the center of this house to do your dirty deeds in?”

Chanyeol’s expression morphed from startled to absolutely horrified in two seconds flat, large clumsy hands flailing every which way as he hurried to discount all of which Kyungsoo was seeming to accuse him and Sehun of.

“Oh, no no no no no no no. We were just talking.”

“You were making ual noises.”

Sehun snorted, gesturing between Chanyeol and himself as he spoke. “There is no WAY that I would be the cause of anything like that.”

“S-SEHUN!” Kyungsoo mimicked, the corner of his incredibly plump lips tilting up into an amused smirk.  “NO!”

Chanyeol appeared more and more disturbed the longer Kyungsoo continued with his recounting of supposed ‘evidence.’

“OW, my !” Kyungsoo cried, fighting to keep the laughter from bubbling up from the depths of his stomach. “Need I say more?”

“Ew! NO! Sehun would never top me!” Chanyeol bellowed, too appalled to register that the other occupants of the home could likely hear his adamant statement.

“Sounds like he just di-”

“Sehun. What the are they talking about.” Luhan chimed in from the other end of the hallway, causing Sehun to slowly turn around and allow his boyfriend to take in the sight of his wide, troubled eyes.

“A-and… and nothing would happen between us at all! I only like one person!”

Luhan conveniently happened to miss Chanyeol’s declaration of devotion to someone other than Oh Sehun, too preoccupied with searching the latter’s face for any signs of transgression.

“Babe, I-”

“You like someone, Chanyeol?” Sehun’s explanation was cut short. “Who is it?” Kyungsoo abruptly switched his persona from scrutinizing and accusing to curious and excited.

Jongdae poked his head out of the room he was currently sharing with Junmyeon. “Everyone already knows, Kyungsoo.”

Chanyeol balked, his face draining entirely of any and all signs of color. “Everyone knows?” He whispered, sounding both fearful and dejected. Jongdae just nodded, grinning cheekily before returning to the boy presently awaiting his advice on what to wear for the day.

“Well, I don’t!” Kyungsoo grumbled, folding his arms across his chest in displeasure before his face suddenly dawned with understanding.

“Oh, is it B-”

Chanyeol clapped a large hand over the shorter male’s mouth, preventing any words from escaping as his panicked eyes locked with those of a certain brunette boy’s.

“Baekhyun,” he breathed, the name both a stand-alone greeting and an answer to Kyungsoo’s incomplete question.

“You like somebody, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun demanded, slender fingers curled up into tiny fists which rested on his hips as he sent his best friend a look filled with not only hurt but a sliver of hopefulness.

“N-n-n-”

“Yes.” Sehun groaned, rolling his eyes overdramatically before tugging Luhan into his arms. “And it most definitely isn’t me, so you can calm down now, Luhan, I would never do anything like that with anybody but you.”

“Do what?”

“N-no-”

“Nothing? Or no? What question are you even answering, Chanyeol!?” Baekhyun now appeared more upset than sanguine, clearly not very happy with the fact that his best friend seemed to be hiding all sorts of things from him while to everyone else, the supposed secrets were glaringly obvious.

“I swear to God, if you say you don’t like anyone Park Chanyeol, you are going to be sporting a broken nose for the rest of this trip-”

Kyungsoo held up a hand in front of Sehun’s face. “Now, hold on a minute, there will be no violence of any kind while you guys are-”

 “There will be if Chanyeol continues to be a complete and utter idiot.”

“OKAY!” Chanyeol bellowed, covering his pointy ears with his hands as he slid down against the wall before settling onto the floor. “Ikindamaybesortofsomewhatlikesomebody.” The words poured past Chanyeol’s lips all in one breath, and there was a moment of heavy silence before Baekhyun basically flung himself towards the tormented male.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun shrieked, stomping over to the dopey giant before gripping the younger’s collar in his trembling fists and urgently struggling with all of his might to pull the boy up to his feet once again.

Baekhyun finally reached the conclusion that this was physically impossible, given his small stature, so he settled for slamming those same clenched fists against his best friend’s chest, letting loose a steady stream of profanities which resulted in Jongdae coming out into the hallway once again, if only to tell

Please log in to read the full chapter