Beep Beep

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Aaaand… , TURN HERE! TURN HERE!” Baekhyun suddenly screeched, much to Chanyeol’s dismay.

Chanyeol slammed on the brakes before swerving sharply to the right, a steady stream of curses spilling past his lips as he just barely made it onto the dusty road.

Luhan shrieked in surprise as he was thrown towards the opposite side of the car, flattening Sehun against the window and thus eliciting a startled sound from him as well.

“Were you not wearing your seatbelt, Luhan?” An authoritative voice drifted towards the backseat, but Chanyeol was only met with silence.

Chanyeol cut the engine before whirling around to send the male in question a stern look.

“Were you?”

“I only had it off for a seco-” Luhan started to say in a small voice.

“DAMN IT, LUHAN, DO YOU WANT US TO GET PULLED OVER OR SOMETHING!?”

“Well, we’re already parked right now…” Luhan pointed out, but clearly this comment was not helping his case whatsoever.

“WHAT IF I’D GOTTEN A TICKET!?”

“But you didn’t,” Luhan calmly reminded, but Chanyeol’s reaction was the complete opposite.

“Luhan, I swear, I am going to-”

“You’re not going to do anything.” Sehun whispered menacingly- still being overprotective of his boyfriend despite the fact that said male had just squashed his face against the windowpane- and it was in that moment that Baekhyun finally spoke up.

“Whoa whoa whoa, guys. Can we just… keep driving? We’re almost there.”

“Almost where?” Chanyeol pressed, but Baekhyun only shook his head with a mischievous little smile playing at his lips.

“You’ll see~” He sang, fidgeting in his seat as he struggled to contain both his excitement and the details of their destination.

“Baekhyuuuun.” Chanyeol whined, turning to give Baekhyun the most beseeching look he could muster.

Baekhyun lifted a hand to shove his best friend’s face away, avoiding the pleading puppy dog eyes which- although they were most definitely a bit ridiculous given Chanyeol’s usual masculine image- were certain to cause him to crack under pressure and give the whole surprise away.

“Channie. Just drive, please? You’ll see soon enough.”

“Baekkie-”

“Oh my ing gosh, shut up.” Sehun groaned, slamming his forehead against the seat in front of him.

“Okay, okay, I’m driving.” Chanyeol mumbled, slowly edging the car down the remainder of the driveway and releasing a stifled gasp once he saw the enormous house before him; the backdrop consisting of an even greater body of water surrounded by towering evergreen trees.

“Uwaaa~” Sehun murmured as he took in the breathtaking sight around him, hands pressed up against the same pane of glass his face had been just moments earlier.

“Hurry up and park, Chanyeol!” Luhan called, before laughing mysteriously to himself.

“Park, Park Chanyeol!” He laughed even harder, but only Baekhyun bothered to join him.

“Babe. Babe, that’s not really funny.”

“Oh shut up, Sehun.”

Baekhyun all but dived out of the vehicle once it had come to a stop, practically colliding with the male who had exited the gigantic house to come greet them.

“Baekhyun!” The boy cried in delight, throwing his arms around his friend who was surprisingly around the same height as him.

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun uttered with equal enthusiasm, wasting no time in returning the embrace.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caused Kyungsoo to hastily break away, gazing up in confusion at the unfamiliar male shadowing Baekhyun.

“Well, hello. Who’s this?”

Chanyeol absent-mindedly- well, who was he kidding, he was all too aware of what he was doing- slung a muscular arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, drawing the boy nearer to him and thus farther from whom he had just been hugging.

“Er. This is Chanyeol.” Baekhyun squeaked, a bit overwhelmed by his best friend’s previous actions.

“Hi, Chanyeol, I’m Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo offered up a hand for Chanyeol to shake, a friendly smile placed directly over his heart-shaped lips.

“Hi. I’m Chanyeol.” Chanyeol mindlessly responded, not realizing his own mistake even when his reply sent Kyungsoo into a fit of laughter.

When Kyungsoo was finally able to catch his breath, he peered curiously up at Baekhyun before tilting his head to the side, clearly contemplating something.

“Something’s changed with you, Baekhyun, but I just can’t quite put my finger on it.”

“GODDAMN IT, SEHUN, I AM GOING TO END YOU!”

Kyungsoo took a moment to glance over to where Luhan was dragging himself out of the lake with a murderous look on his face before turning back to Baekhyun.

“Hmm.”

Baekhyun could only blink. “Uh, well, I don’t know. Sadly, I haven’t gotten any taller.” He giggled softly before he was instantaneously silenced by the other boy.

“Beep!” Kyungsoo chirped, causing the pair in front of him to jump in surprise before sending him completely baffled looks.

“Uh-” Baekhyun began to say, but he was interrupted once again by the identical noise leaving Kyungsoo’s lips for a second time as he took a step forward.

“Beep!”

“Beep!” The sounds came closer together as Kyungsoo closed in on the puzzled boys before him.

“Beep! Beep! Beep beep! Beep beep beep! Beepbeepbeepbeep!” Soon Kyungsoo was circling them like a hawk, and Chanyeol took the first chance he could to question the boy’s all too abnormal behavior.

“Um, what is going on?”

“My gaydar is going off.” Kyungsoo replied bluntly, fluttering his eyelashes innocently before revolving nearer and nearer around the couple.

“Channie, what’s a gaydar? What is he talking about?”

Kyungsoo broke character for a moment to let out a snort before continuing on with what was beginning to sound like some sort of ritual.

“Um. I-I… I have no idea…” Chanyeol lied through his teeth, and upon realizing this, Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed.

He was just about to chew him out when Kyungsoo suddenly popped up between them, breaking Chanyeol’s hold on Baekhyun’s shoulder and drawing a startled screech from the older of the pair.

“BEEP! BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEEEEEEP!”

“What.” Baekhyun deadpanned, and Kyungsoo only snickered before getting right up in his

Please log in to read the full chapter