Change Is to Be Expected

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

I am so, so sorry it has taken me this long to update. And on top of that, this chapter isn't even good. It's just... randomness. And basically pointless. But hopefully somewhat funny and not entirely disappointing? We'll see, I suppose. I love you guys... don't hate me~ I'll try to make the next chapter/chapters better?

OH AND IF YOU LIKE SEKAI PLEASE READ THIS --> I'll Make You Mine <-- clicky click dat

~

Baekhyun had just barely stepped out onto the sand when he broke into a full-out sprint, launching himself at the boy presently reclining in a beach chair, whose eyes were shut both to block out the glaring sun and to relax under the heat of its rays.

Somehow, he seemed to sense Baekhyun’s presence, because he caught the older male in his arms without a moment’s delay, concern gradually becoming evident in his eyes as he stared down into Baekhyun’s own orbs which were shimmering with unshed tears.

“Sehun.” Baekhyun wailed, frantically clutching at the front of his friend’s shirt as his downturned lips further represented his dejection by forming into a pout. “Why does he have to like somebody?”

“Wait.” Sehun paused, features contorting to portray his confusion. “Did he not tell you who it was?”

Baekhyun swiftly turned his head from side to side, an overwrought sigh accompanying the dismissive gesture.

It took all Sehun had not to push Baekhyun aside in favor of searching out a certain towering idiot before beating some sense into him.

Instead, Sehun gently lifted Baekhyun up and off of him before setting him securely on the ground. “Go ask him. He’s dumb enough that he won’t ever dare to bring the subject up himself.”

“But he should just automatically tell me, Sehun, that’s how the best friend thing works, you know?”

“Oh dear God, nothing is ever going to happen between you two at this rate- okay, you know what, Baek, I’m really sorry about what happened, but what I said before still stands. Unless, of course, you make him think that you hate him or something. That might possibly get him to spill the beans. If he even realizes why you’re angry, that is…”

“Baekhyun!” A vociferous voice broke through the considerately calm atmosphere.

“Speak of the devil.”

“He’s not-”

“Well, he certainly makes your life a living hell… recently, anyways. So I’m gonna stick with it.”

Chanyeol was hurriedly shoving various people out of the way- with no regard to their safety, mind you- before arriving breathless in front of the male he had been so desperate to catch up with, the male who presently did not appear very amused with his thoughtless actions.

“Hello, Satan.” Sehun greeted, his own voice lacking any sort of inflection.

“Huh?”

“Ignore him.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, exasperated with both of the guys he- for some odd, undeterminable reason- called his best friends.

“Oh, okay. Baek… you aren’t… mad or anything, right? You just, like… ran away…”

“No, I didn’t.” Baekhyun immediately denied, eyes narrowing imperceptibly. Sehun took that as his cue to depart, lifting a lollipop out of his pocket and replacing the previously occupied space with its wrapper before bringing the er to his lips and going to join the others.

“Yes, you di-”

“Everyone’s swimming. I want to go swimming too.”

“But- you-” Chanyeol had to take a moment, exhaling at a restricted speed before taking up the task of speaking for a second time. “Yeah, okay, we can do that.”

“I didn’t say you were coming with me.”

Now that really turned Chanyeol into a spluttering, unintelligible mess. “B-b-but Baekkie, I-”

“You’re mean to me. Why should I want to hang out with you?”

“B-b-because… because I love you!” Chanyeol cried, latching onto Baekhyun’s arm and peering down at the other male with a distressed expression written across his face.

Baekhyun allowed himself one fleeting, flittering moment of hope before squashing it completely.

“Not enough, clearly.”

Clearly you love somebody else more.

“Noooo. I always hang out with my Baekhyun! You can’t take my Baekhyun away from me!”

Now it was Baekhyun’s turn to stammer. “I- I’m not yours!”

No matter how much I want to be.

“Hush, Byun Baek, cuz we’re going in together.”

“No, we’re no-”

Chanyeol hoisted Baekhyun up into his arms before the boy could utter another protest, gradually bringing the both of them towards the water’s edge but halting once Baekhyun’s shrieks reached a new volume.

“I’m still wearing my clothes, you big oaf!”

“So?”

“I’m not getting my clothes wet!” Baekhyun uselessly kicked his legs as Chanyeol began to lower him down into the waves crashing against the shore.

“Don’t you dare Park Chanyeol!”

“So if I take your clothes off, then I can get you wet?”

The few already immersed in the refreshing ocean snorted, all too entertained with Chanyeol’s unintentionally awkward nature. The poor giant didn’t even realize the ual context in which his words could be taken.

“Um.” Baekhyun squeaked, no longer making any sort of movement whatsoever. “Su… Sure…”

Jongdae practically exploded with laughter before he was dunked underwater courtesy of Junmyeon.

“I don’t know why he’s laughing, but I figured it wasn’t for a very nice reason.” The boy shrugged, not appearing too bothered by the way the other male was currently struggling underneath his hand. Baekhyun had only just flashed him a grateful smile before his feet once again landed on the safety of the seemingly infinite grains of sand.

He wasn’t even given a moment to recollect his bearings, because soon a large hand was tugging up the hem of his shirt, brushing against his suddenly very receptive nerve endings as the fabric was brought up and over his head and unceremoniously dropped onto the ground.

Directly after he had rid his best friend of his tee, Chanyeol began jumping up and down in excitement, an alarmingly wide and slightly terrifying smile breaking across his face.

“So squishy!” He all but squealed, his pointer finger extending to push into the skin directly above Baekhyun’s belly button and thus successfully infuriating the older boy.

“Donnnn’t.” Baekhyun whined, instantly swatting the curious hand away and stalking back towards the ocean.

“Hey, wait, you’re still wearing shorts-”

“I’m not giving you any more chances to make fun of me!”

“But Baekhyun, I love your thighs-” Chanyeol pleaded, leading Baekhyun’s cheeks to cycle through all sorts of shades of red.

“Freak!” Jongdae yelled, finally coming up for air after Junmyeon had proceeded to shove him under the water’s surface several additional times. “And I can’t breathe! Oh God, I think I need mouth to mouth-”

“How ‘bout fist to mouth.” Luhan suggested, him and Sehun sitting directly on the border of where the sand ended and the waves began and permitting only their feet to get wet.

“No thighs for you!” Jongdae scolded, but Chanyeol paid him no mind, set on reaching his best friend before his clothing got soaked.

“It sounds like you’re denying somebody chicken.” Kyungsoo remarked, joining Luhan on the sand and smirking as he observed the antics of everyone else occupied in the water.

“No chicken!?” Jongin gasped, head popping up from under the cover of the magazine he had been reading in order to fix Kyungsoo with a traumatized stare.

“No, we do have chicken, I was just-”

Kyungsoo was cut off by an ear-splitting screech.

“Chanyeol, get off of me!” Baekhyun hollered at the top of his lungs, attempting to fend off the giant currently pressing him into the sand in hopes of removing one additional piece of clothing.

Chanyeol had succeeded in yanking the poor boy of small stature away from the water just in time, shoving him- not so gently but not exactly roughly, either- onto the ground.

“Not until we get these shorts off.”

“Hey, looks like Chanyeol is finally bringing his darkest dreams to life.” Jongdae commented absently as he exited the water and slung a towel around his shoulders, not entirely expecting anyone to register his words but grinning unapologetically once Chanyeol stilled, the only movement visible being his increasingly shaky hands which were holding him up and almost buckling under the strain.

“Who told you.” Chanyeol’s already incredibly deep voice lowered to assume an inauspicious tone, and yet Jongdae continued to wear his -eating grin which Chanyeol wanted nothing more than to punch off of his smug face.  

“Fist to mouth!” Luhan cried again, prompting Chanyeol to clamber off of Baekhyun in favor of tackling Jongdae to the ground as well.

“Who told you!?” Chanyeol repeated his question, this time with the addition of two la

Please log in to read the full chapter