Snacks, Smacks, and Verbal Attacks

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

AN: I come up with the worst chapter names OTL

DISCLAIMER: This chapter is over 3000 words bahahahaha

 

"You don't have anything good to eat, Chanyeol!" Jongin whined, slamming the refrigerator door closed in his frustration.

"You just aren't looking in the right spot, idiot." Jongdae snickered, clearly already haven found some snacks given that he was speaking through a mouthful of food.

"Guys, can you please stop raiding my house for foo-"

"Oh, hey, there's marshmallows. We could make s'mores!" Sehun suddenly chimed in, entirely disregarding Chanyeol's attempt at stopping them.

"Or play chubby bunny," Luhan pointed out, visibly growing more excited as he spoke.

Chanyeol turned to give Baekhyun a helpless look, but the older could only shrug his shoulders.

Chanyeol had been the one to invite them, after all. He knew how their friends were.

"Can we just, I don't know... watch a movie or something?"

Sehun folded his arms, a look of disapproval crossing over his face. "A movie's not the same without snacks."

"! Fine! Eat me out of house and home, you little brats." Chanyeol threw his hands up in defeat before heading to the living room in order to search through his DVDs.

"Oh! Oh! Can we invite Junmyeon!?"

Baekhyun couldn't help but let out a surprised laugh.

"He just graduated, Jongdae. You two weren't even friends in the first place."

Jongdae's eyebrows furrowed in irritation. "I've talked to him several times and he's really nice. And he doesn't seem to have many friends, so... I feel the need to step in."

Jongin nudged him in the shoulder, a teasing smile playing at his lips.

"More like you feel the need to get in his pan-"

"OOOO-kayyy!" Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed, cutting Jongin off as he appeared back in the kitchen with an alarming amount of movies stacked up in his arms.

"Sure, go ahead, invite Junmyeon over. I don't care. Do you think we should invite Kris too?"

Baekhyun shot Sehun a panicked look which prompted the maknae to whack Chanyeol on the head.

"No!" He cried adamantly, and despite all the curious looks Sehun's unexpected outburst gathered, Chanyeol didn't even bother to argue or question why he didn't want Kris to come.

"Okay. Well, anyways, here are the movies I picked out! What do you guys wanna watch?"

He unceremoniously dumped the pile onto the dining room table, causing everyone to stare at him in disbelief.

"Chanyeol, there's like thirty movies there. You can't expect us to go digging through all of them to find just one we want to watch."

"Why not?"

Baekhyun sighed, stepping forward to pluck a random DVD from the mound of movies before handing it to his best friend.

"Let's just watch this one, okay?"

Chanyeol nodded happily before skipping back into the living room, but everyone else stayed put.

"Why'd you do that? What if we wanted to help pick it out?" Jongin asked, unconsciously pouting in his disappointment.

"Too bad~" Baekhyun sang, exiting the room in a similar fashion to his best friend.

"Jerk." Jongdae muttered as he and the rest of the group of friends reluctantly followed Baekhyun's retreating form.

He and the giant had already claimed the couch, and although there was clearly room for at least three people, what with Chanyeol's long limbs stretched out to the side and Baekhyun's legs splayed across the arm of the couch, the pair had completely monopolized the space available.

Baekhyun was lying back so that his head was resting in Chanyeol's lap, and the two of them already appeared to be captivated by the video playing, although at the moment it was only on the previews.

Sehun and Luhan curled up in the armchair to the right of the couch, leaving Jongin and Jongdae to take a seat on the fuzzy carpeted floor.

"We're such loners," Jongdae whispered, and Jongin began to laugh before he realized that maybe it wasn't so funny.

"Well, Baek and Chanyeol aren't technically together, so, we aren't exactly loners, per se..."

Jongdae shook his head. "They might as well be. In fact, they probably will be soon."

"I don't know," Jongin looked a bit unsure, risking a glance back at the two boys currently cuddling on the couch.

"Neither of them seem likely to admit their obvious feelings to the other. In fact, Chanyeol might be too stupid to even realize that he likes Baekhyun."

A sudden blow to the head caused Jongin to whirl around, an offended look plastered across his features.

"What was that for!?"

"Shut up and watch the movie," Baekhyun snapped, effectively silencing the two boys seated in front of him.

The room was quiet besides the ongoing sound effects that the movie was providing. It wasn't a comedy, so there wasn't even occasional laughter, unless you counted the soft giggle or gasp you could hear every so often from the lovebirds occupying the armchair.

There was also murmurs of nearly inaudible words exchanged between the pair lounging on the couch, but still, there was not much detracting from the movie itself.

Jongdae was clearly growing restless, constantly fidgeting in his spot as the actors droned on and on and on.

He was not a big movie person, and it didn't help that the movie kind of as well. He was just preparing to say as much when there was a sudden knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" He shouted as he jumped to his feet, ecstatic to finally have an excuse to get away.

He flung open the door- maybe with a little too much force- and slammed the visitor directly in the face.

"Oh, , I'm so sorry, are you alright!?"

He tentatively pulled the boy's hand away from his face to assess the damage done, placing his own palm on Junmyeon's cheek as he did so.

", Junmyeon, I'm such a ing idiot, I can't believe I-"

Junmyeon silenced him by gently pressing a slender finger to the younger's rapidly moving lips.

"Jongdae, I'm okay. Can we go inside now?"

Jongdae nodded slowly, worry evident in his amber eyes as he shoved the door further open and allowed Junmyeon to enter Chanyeol's home.

"Do you need ice?" Jongdae dared to ask, cringing when he saw the older boy massaging his injured nose and biting down on his lower lip in obvious discomfort.

"Uh, sure. That'd be great."

"Um... you can go join the others in the living room if you want to..."

Junmyeon pulled out a chair from the table and settled into it.

"I'll just wait for you." The small smile which graced his lips as he spoke made Jongdae try really, really hard not to let out a squeal.

Yeah, he was kinda sort of into somebody who he had never exactly hung out with before.

"H-here's your ice," He stammered, the cube almost slipping from his fingers in the process of handing it over to Junmyeon.

"Thanks."

That same damn smile.

Junmyeon followed Jongdae into the living room, joining Jongin on the floor before looking up at Jongdae with an inquisitive stare.

"Aren't you going to sit down, too?"

Jongdae hesitated, debating whether or not to voice his views on the horrible movie that was playing.

He was just on the brink of giving in and sitting next to Junmyeon when Sehun thankfully piped up.

"This movie blows. Baekhyun, you are a failure."

Baekhyun immediately shot up, eyes narrowing at the boy he'd normally call his best friend.

After Chanyeol, of course. Not that he usually thought of the younger as just his 'best friend.'

"I just picked a random one!" He practically screeched, gaze darting around the room in search of something to throw at Sehun.

The only thing he could see was an unopened bag of potato chips, so he chucked them at the boy currently sitting upon Luhan's lap.

Sehun caught them in his hands, smirking down at the chips before turning that same smirk in Baekhyun's direction.

"Hey, thanks!" He said cheerfully, opening the bag and popping a couple chips into his mouth before offering some to his boyfriend as well.

"He's right, this is boring." Jongdae added, and Jongin hummed in agreement.

"Oh my gosh, you guys, you don't have to stay here, you know." Chanyeol groaned, grabbing the remote and switching the television off in frustration.

"Happy now?"

"No!" Luhan cried, the only one who really seemed to care.

"You weren't even watching it," Sehun whispered, the corner of his mouth quirking up into a lopsided

Please log in to read the full chapter