Rivalries

75 Days of Summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where are we going?” Baekhyun demanded excitedly, bouncing up and down in the passenger seat as he fixed the boy beside him with an expectant, eager stare.

“You’ll see.” Chanyeol grinned evilly, causing Baekhyun to let out a strangled cry and roughly wind his petite fingers around the annoying giant’s bicep, shaking his arm in frustration.

“Tell meeee!” Baekhyun whined, the entreating note in his voice causing Chanyeol to momentarily take his gaze off of the road in order to meet Baekhyun’s beseeching puppy-dog eyes.

“No,” He answered plainly, a soft chuckle escaping his lips once he heard the protest his words immediately elicited.

Baekhyun’s grip tightened and he began to jostle Chanyeol’s arm with more force.

“Channieeee…”

“Goddamn it, Baek, I’m trying to drive here!” Chanyeol cursed, struggling both to fight off Baekhyun’s attacks and to ignore the way the older’s voice dropped in volume and grew pleading and sweet- it had way too much of an effect on him and he would surely get into an accident if the adorably oblivious boy sitting next to him kept this act up.

“So? What, am I distracting you?” The sugariness in his tone had vanished, replaced with a slightly teasing warmth which made Chanyeol long to use not-so-innocent methods to shut the boy up.

Of course he was referring to the idea of duct-taping Baekhyun’s mouth shut. What else could he have meant?

“Maybe.” Chanyeol muttered, not one to easily admit anything.

“I think yes~” Baekhyun sang, prodding the younger in the side with his pointer finger and giggling when Chanyeol made an uncharacteristically girlish noise. “Now tell me!”

“It’s a surprise, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol exclaimed in exasperation, and with that, Baekhyun finally ceased in his constant pestering of the taller.

“I don’t like surprises.” Baekhyun grumbled as he leaned back in his seat, bottom lip protruding out in slight pout at having failed at convincing Chanyeol to inform him of their destination.

Chanyeol sighed, not very pleased with a moody Baekhyun sulking only inches away from him.

“I’ll give you this much. There will be other people there.”

Chanyeol kept his gaze trained on the highway, but he still couldn’t miss the highly unimpressed stare which Baekhyun was currently giving him.

“Chanyeol. Most places have ing people there. Unless you were planning on driving for hours on end until we were in the countryside or something ridiculous like that.”

“Okay, fine. There will be balls there.” Chanyeol offered up a second hint quite seriously, but Baekhyun’s reaction was the complete opposite of that.

He began laughing uncontrollably, which made Chanyeol shoot him an absolutely baffled look.

Sometimes Chanyeol was so clueless that Baekhyun wanted to smack him in the face.

Softly.

With his lips.

“What?” Chanyeol asked, and Baekhyun instantly clammed up, entire body turning rigid as he had a fleeting panic attack, thinking he’d just voiced his thoughts aloud.

He calmed down once he realized Chanyeol was just being his usual stupid self and regrettably did not share the same erted mindset as he did.

“Nothing.” A final chuckle slipped past his upturned lips before his face suddenly lit up in anticipation upon sighting a sign for a bowling alley.

“Oh my gosh, Channie, is this where we’re going!?” He cried, and Chanyeol shot him an amused glance before shaking his head.

“Nope.”

Baekhyun’s enthusiasm dissipated almost instantaneously, and upon catching a glimpse of the disappointed expression on the other’s face, Chanyeol hurriedly backtracked.

“I was kidding, Baek- Baek, I was kidding!”

“No need to repeat yourself, Park Chanyeol, I heard you the first time.” Although Baekhyun sounded indifferent, the delighted twinkle in his chocolate orbs proved otherwise.

The way he practically jumped out of the car before Chanyeol had even parked completely was only further evidence that Baekhyun was really looking forward to participating in the activity Chanyeol had chosen.

“Baekhyun!” A familiar voice shouted, and before the called boy could even turn around to greet him, Sehun pulled Baekhyun into his arms and squeezed him so tightly around the waist that the older let out a muffled squeak.

“Don’t choke him, maknae.” Chanyeol chided, but Sehun only stuck his tongue out at him.

“He’s fine. He likes it, don’t you, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun could only manage a nod, a wide smile spreading across his face upon receiving one of Sehun’s affectionate hugs.

Sehun smiled in satisfaction with Baekhyun’s answer, turning his head to meet Chanyeol’s gaze once again.

“He likes it tight.” He added, and Chanyeol quirked a brow in confusion while Baekhyun began pummeling Sehun’s back with his tiny clenched fists.

“What the hell, Sehun, let me go!”

“See, he doesn’t like it.” Chanyeol pointed out, but Sehun just narrowed his eyes before reluctantly releasing the eldest boy present.

However, he wouldn’t allow Baekhyun to just walk away. He slid his hand into Baekhyun’s before lacing their fingers together, poking his tongue out between his lips for a second time in a triumphant gesture directed at Chanyeol before skipping into the building with Baekhyun in tow.

Chanyeol unconsciously let out a dejected whimper before breaking into a run after them, entering the bowling alley seconds later but still already having lost sight of the pair.

“Damn it, Oh Sehun, you already have a boyfriend, why’d you have to go take Baekhyun away from me!?”

“It’s not like he’s your property.” A voice suddenly informed from behind him, causing Chanyeol to jump a good 5 feet in the air before whirling around to glare at the culprit.

“Doesn’t mean I like him leaving me,” Chanyeol complained, which prompted Jongdae to let out an amused snicker.

“You know, you could change that.” He remarked, casually swirling his tongue around the lollipop in his mouth.

He obviously wasn’t aware of the boy standing only feet away watching him, because then he would have been a bit more cautious with his actions.

Maybe.

He was a troll, after all.

“How would I change that?”

“Oh my God, you’re retarded.” Sehun randomly appeared on the other side of him, and Chanyeol nearly had a heart attack for a second time.

“Where’s Baekhyun!?” He pressed, causing Sehun to raise his hands defensively.

“Geez, dude, calm the down. He’s just getting some shoes.”

“You just left him!?”

“He’s not a child, Chanyeol, take a pill of the chill variety, kay?” Jongdae piped up, taking one last of his er before spinning on his heel and heading over to where Junmyeon was standing, starry-eyed.

“You’re like some possessive freak. Stahp. You’re not even together, for ’s sake.”

“Shut up, Sehun!” Chanyeol snapped, brushing past him to go meet the person currently being discussed.

“Baek,” He began to say, but whatever else he’d been planning on saying was forgotten once the older glanced up at him with a bright smile on his face, so dazzling and wide that it caused the corners of his eyes to scrunch up into crescent moons.

“Channie!” He exclaimed, hastily finishing tying his shoelaces before leaping to his feet and pulling Chanyeol towards the counter.

“Go get your shoes on too, so we can start. Everyone’s been waiting,”

As soon as he’d done so, the whole group gathered together- Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, Luhan, Jongdae, Jongin, Xiumin and Junmyeon- and began to debate about who would be on which team.

“Chanyeol and I should be the leaders,” Sehun suggested, but his idea was immediately shot down.

“No way are you being the leader,” Xiumin snickered. “I’m oldest.”

“Does that really make a difference?”

“Chanyeol and Xiumin will be leaders!” Junmyeon asserted, and for some odd reason, everyone agreed with him.

“Wow, of course, so you listen to him-“

“Shut up, Sehun.” Jongdae smirked, causing Sehun to feign hurt and desperately grasp at his heart.

“Why is errybody hatin’ on me!?”

“Because you’re such an easy target.”

“Da fu-“

“Now, now, kids-”

“Oh, come off of it, Junmyeon, you’re not much older than we are-”

Xiumin suddenly yelled so loud that he was effectively able to silence everyone present.

“Can we just pick teams now!?”

“My God, yes, why is everyone being such a pissy group of hormonal pre-teen girls today…”

“Jongdae.” Xiumin’s voice was low and threatening, and Jongdae cocked an eyebrow in challenge of his authority before Junmyeon practically slapped him in the face in an attempt to cover his disrespectful expression with his hands.

“I’ll pick first.” Xiumin announced, taking a moment to scan the available choices before gleefully pointing a finger in Luhan’s direction.

“Lu ge~” He crooned, and called male happily pranced over to his best friend and plopped down beside him.

“Oh, hell no,” Sehun was practically livid with anger, hands b

Please log in to read the full chapter