Secret

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Secret

“And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul, you stop in shock at the words you utter -
They are so rusty, so ugly, so meaningless and feeble from being kept in the small cramped dark inside you so long.”

"I don't know how many times must I say this, Yuri. You're a doctor yourself so you should know this better than anyone else!"

"I know. Just cut everything short Uncle Jung. What's wrong with me."

"I told you not to go clubs anymore but apparently you just don't listen isn't it. Your lungs is not taking it good."

"So that explains the choppy breaths?"

"You have to carry your air supply with you around now."

"You mean this oxygen TANK?" 

"Don't be so exaggerative. It's just a sm-"

"I'm not going to carry this around!"

"Do you look like you're in a situation where you can still choose your options freely? I don't think so."

"..."

"Yuri ah, seriously. Stop living like t-"

"Okays. I'm not giving my life away. I just want to experience things I like even with my illness. I'll listen to you. I'll carry that tank around. But I WON'T stop going to clubs."

"You-"

"I'm taking a leave. I'll see you again soon."

"Yes, very soon..."

Yuri stepped out of the office and closed the door behind her. She looked down at the trolley which was caryying the air supply - the air supply that she needed. She let out a sigh and looked up, her orbs going wide at the sight.

"You gotta be kidding."

★★★★★ It was as good a time as any to say that she was beautiful. In the dark beside him, she smelled of sweat and sunshine and vanilla. But even in the dark, he could see her eyes - fierce hazel. She had the kind of eyes that predisposed you to supporting her every endeavour. And not just beautiful, but hot, too, with her s straining against her tight tank top, her curved legs swinging back and forth beneath the swing, flip-flops dangling from her pastel-pink painted toes. It was right then, Taeyang realised the importance of curves, of the thousand places where girls' bodies ease from one place to another, from arc of the foot to ankle to calf, from calf to hip to waist to to neck to ski-slope nose to forehead to shoulder to the concave arch of the back to the and so on and so forth. He'd noticed curves before, of course, but he had never quite apprehended their significance.  

Until now. 

"What are you doing there?" was close enough to her that he could feel her breath warmer than air.

There was this silence that stretched on, making him realised that she was obviously waiting for an answer.

"I had a little touch of osteosarcoma a year and a half ago," he answered, blowing out a puff of air from the cigarette he had just lighted.

"Can you stop smoking? You're killing yourself as well as others," Yuri shot him a death glare, taking the cigarette out from his mouth and threw it on the ground, extinguishing it by stepping it.

Silence followed again. She didn't know why she acted this way. She wasn't a fan of smokers but she wouldn't be bothered to confront them to stop them from smoking. But here she was, extinguishing the cigarette which was smoked by the famous gangster in Seoul, Taeyang. 

"I-I'm sorry..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter