Past

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Past

“Study the past if you would define the future.”

"Ms Im, I envy you! You're so pretty and you and Mr Choi is a match made in heaven!"

Her stylist continued to rattle on as she brushed her hair. She remained quiet, a smile lingering on her face.

Smile like a lady, act like a lady.

That's what her parents had taught Im Yoona ever since she was a child. She always thought it was correct. Until she met this particular guy that changed her perspective on things. 

Kwon Jiyong.

Even after years, she could vividly remember her first encounter with this guy. For a princess like her, this encounter could be counted as a turning point. Others from her social class would think that it's a disaster, but for Im Yoona herself, she would see it as a beacon of hope.

She remembered that time. She was really downcasted that day, so downcasted that she had ran away from her luxurious mansion. She hated herself. Yes, she got EVERYTHING, so she should be happy! But why?! Why was she feeling so empty and wrecked deep inside her?! Gold and silver weren't making her happy, fame and status weren't satisfying her. She just wanted a normal family, a chance to grow up happily. Not this. Not spending days after days attending social etiquette lessons, smiling and laughing in front of the person you detest so much.

Unknowningly, as she walked aimlessly, she came to an unfamiliar place. It was 1AM into the night and even though there were two rows of bright lights emitting out from the houses, she didn't felt right. She had her head bent down, hands clutched tight to her chest as she walked on, feeling stares on her. Stealing a side glance, she cursed silently. She had walked into the red-light district of Seoul. 

The forbidden place. 

She doubled the speed of her steps and broke into a run eventually.

"AHHHHH!" 

But she wasn't quick enough. Before she knew it, someone had grabbed her wrist, flinging her to the side and pinned her against the brick wall. She couldn't even move an inch from the strong grip. The guy was smirking devilishly at her and as he came closer, she froze in sheer blind panic and felt her blood ran cold. She didn't know how to react.

That's not something her parents nor her social etiquette class had taught her.

"Feeling lonely young lady? I'll make your night exciting~"

"N-No! H-HELP!!!" She tried to scream, only to have her voice came out a helpeless and muffled cry.

"Awwww! Little sheep is crying for her mummy! NO one is gonna come save you! Scream for all you want! I LOVE THE SCREAM OF DESPAIR!" The guy let out a guttural laughter as he began to kiss her cheeks, her neck roughly.

She struggled and tears of despair rolled down her cheeks endlessly as she bit her lips hard.

"! WHAT ARE YO-G-GD?!!!" 

Just as she thought she was doomed, the grip on her wrists were loosened and the guy was on the ground, his face bruised by another guy's punch.

"HOW DARE YOU COME MESS AROUND IN MY TURF?! YOU COURTING DEATH BASTARD?!" 

"I-I-I-I did-didn't know s-she's you-yours G-G-GD-s-sshi! F-F-Forgive me!"

"SCRAM!" 

For the first time in 18 years of her life, she saw a gleam of light...

"Ms Im!" 

Yoona snapped out from her trance at the voice of her stylist.

"Are you alrights?" Her stylist asked concerningly.

"Y-Yes..."

Actually no. She needed to see him. 

"Ms Im! Ms Im! Where are you going?! Mr Choi is coming soon!"

"I've some important thing to attend to! I'll make my way to the party later!"

She ran out of her room, with her Dior chiffon dress and Jimmy Choo heels. 

★★★★★

"Yeobbosaeyo?" GD finished his masterpiece and heard his phone vibrating.

"Oppa! Where are you?" The clear, modulated voice that made his heart pounded rang from the other end.

"Home, resting. What's the matter? Did something happen?"

"N-Nothing! I just want to see you but since you're resting then I guess it's alr-"

"Where are you?" He cut her off.

"Our usual meeting place."

"I'll be there in a minute."

There wasn't a doubt from him when it came down to her matter.

GD would describe their first encounter as the that always happens in fairy tales, with her still being the princess, but he wasn't the prince charming nor the knight with shining armour.

He's just a pauper with a screwed up life.

GD wasn't someone who meddled into people's matters. Having been living off the streets for years, cases were a norm to him. Women crying for help in dark alleys as drunkards violated them, or perhaps, hookers paid to have along the streets. He didn't bother. He was used to this. In fact, he was involved in this business. He's a drug dealer, he's a pimp. But he wasn't like those bastards. He respects women and wouldn't force them into doing things they disliked. He acted like a protector for the hookers under him. But other than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter