Epilogue: From the eyes of Kwon Yuri

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was unbearable. The whole thing. Every second worse than the last.

After the funeral, everyone was asking me if I'm ok as if it's such an easy question to answer. I couldn't scream at them of course. No one. NO ONE, knew how I was feeling. They didn't know Youngbae and I. Some only knew that we were couple, while others knew that we shared an incredible bond. But no one knew that beside the incredible bond we shared, we're inseparable. And losing him now was...

It was something I couldn't bear. 

Instead of going into a slump, I buried myself into work. Yeahs, I could never return to being a doctor but Youngbae had left me his business. After discussing with GD oppa and the others, we decided to halt all the gangster activities. It wasn't easy of course. Whatsmore, I'm a woman. No one bothered listening to me and I was feeling even more upset and powerless, thinking about Youngbae even more, knowing that if he's still around, I would never have to worry about this. He would take care of everything. 

Dong Youngbae was a well-respected, well-loved guy to all. 

However, they say every cloud has a silver lining. Jiyong oppa and the others made the whole chaos easier. We began to eradicate all our past business and I'd decided to open up a bar where everyone could work there. There would be no more dealings, just purely for people to drink and chill. On a night, Jiyong oppa sat us all down and announced a news; he's quitting the night life. It didn't came as a surprise to all of us because Youngbae had once sat us down just like that too, the night when Jiyong oppa got married, telling us that we'd a life now and should began stepping away from this whole-mafia-gangster-thing. 

GDYB's thoughts clicked whenever. 

Some clients respected our decision while some were harder to handle but all in all, we managed to get things settled. 

With the exception of Dok2. Jiyong oppa had forbade all of us to meddle in this because he knew that Dok2 wasn't a friendly man. He and Youngbae were arch enemies and they had been trying to get away from this crafty man. He said that he would settle this matter and would pull out from this forever. We were worried but knew better not to stop him; he's like Youngbae. Once they set on something, there's nothing you could change their view. 

It ended up to be a big mistake. 

Dok2 agreed with a smile initially but it was because he already had GD oppa's throat in his hand when he had his target on Yoona. He knew he couldn't lay a finger on GD oppa himself and hence set his eyes on the harmless Yoona. GD oppa went crazy, heading back to rescue Yoona and thankfully, the three other guys who insisted on going along with him to see Dok2, managed to go on a killing rampage, killing many of Dok2's underlings. 

But Yoona didn't manage to survive in the end still. 

With Yoona's death, it seemed like both Yoona and Youngbae name are forbidden words for me and GD oppa. No one dared to mention them in front of us and when they accidentally did, it became an awkward silence, with us finding some excuse to leave. GD oppa became a slump after Yoona's death and it was only after I slapped Dok2 across the face, did he finally pick himself up. 

I could understand how GD oppa feel. He's just like me; strong on the outside, but deep down, we're wrecked. Ever since our beloved died, we died along with them. We would never feel complete anymore. Just fine. 

Life went on for us; our bar opened officially and Jiyong oppa had found a job in the prestigious entertainment company; composing for big artists like BIGBANG and 2NE1. Shortly after, we all became godfather and godmother of Kwon Jiyoon, the so-called daughter that GD oppa and Yoona had adopted. 

★★★★★

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter