Life

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

It was plenty hot, certainly, and humid too. Hot enough that your clothes stuck to you like scotch tape, and sweat dripped like tears from your forehead into your eyes. Taeyang sat across the table, eyes couldn't seem to pry away from what's in front of him. A cooling effect hit his arm and he winced but still, did not look away. 

"I'm going to send you to the optometry department if you're gonna continue staring."

So it wasn't a dream after all. The girl in front of him, talked.

"You're a doctor."

"No, I just sneak in and so happen to put on the robe and the sethoscope was within my reach as well," the girl scoffed as she pressed the bandage down on his arm before proceeding to take out her pen to scribble something on the paper. "Refrain from letting your wound come in contact with water and try not to eat seafood related products."

"You're a general practitioner."

"For a gangster like you, I must say that you're pretty smart," she smirked and handed him the piece of paper. "Go get your medicine outside."

"Aren't you curious about me? So this is why sometimes you couldn't appear in the club."

"Next patient please!"

"You're really something," Taeyang smirked. "Angel by day, devil by night."

"Ms. Lee!" 

"Nice to see you again and at such an occasion even," Taeyang smiled as he stood up, waving the paper. "We'll see each other again very soon I suppose, Kwon Yuri." 

★★★★★

Taeyang stepped out of the hospital after collecting his medicine. Taking a glance back, he couldn't help but let out an amazed chuckle. Everything felt so surreal to him. Did that really happen just now? So this 2.09AM lady was even more mysterious and surprising than she already was. Not only was she seductively beautiful, she's hell of a smart one! A general practitioner! He could never have associate this job with the clubs and makeups she wore back then. What he could see just now, was an utterly different side of her. Her ebony hair was neatly tied up into a ponytail, with a few tendrils falling perfectly on her sides. Her face was glowing with radiance despite the late sleep the night before and he had to admit, even without makeup, her beauty was undauntered. She kind of reminded him of another girl... 

"Yah! Dong Youngbae!"

The shout from nearby snapped him out of his train of thought. He looked towards the source and let out a smirk as a guy came running towards him. 

"What on earth happened?! What did you get yourself into again!?"

Taeyang continued to stare at his friend in front of him as he recalled yesterday's incident. If it wasn't for that, he would never have came here and certaintly wouldn't have see Kwon Yuri yet again. After watching her left the club (and earning grumblings from the other three guys about their lost), Taeyang went to take a leak and overheard some small-scale hooligans sprouting nonsense. They were talking about some random girl standing in the dark alley all alone and they should have took some action on her. Base on the description, Taeyang knew who they were describing and was sure that they must not have been a regular patron here. Almost everyone here knew who that girl was and didn't dare to lay a finger on her even if they so very wish. Taeyang sighed and patted his nape tiredly, wanting to warn the brats that they better recollect their thoughts about touching her.

"Hey dudes, whatever that's in your mind about that girl back in the dark alley, you better keep them all away. You wouldn't want to mess with her."

"Who the hell are you eh? Why are you eavesdropping on our conversation? Are you courting death?" One of the brats stood up, towering over him.

Taeyang let out an inward sigh. Looks like they're indeed newbies. 

"Look, I'm not trying to start a fight and even if I do, you guys can't win me," Taeyang advised. "Just. Leave. That. Girl. Alone. If not, you'll really regret. Like I said, she's not someone that you can mess with."

"Oh really? I don't think you're qualified enough to lecture us on what to do, SHORTY," the brat scoffed and waved a punch towards him.

"You bastards just don't freaking learn without having to get punch in your face isn't it," Taeyang sighed as he dodged the punch perfectly, returning that guy with a hard blow on his guts.

That ended up into a fight but since it was in a secluded area of the club, they were left unnoticed as the music was blaring way too loudly. Taeyang alone was more than enough to deal with that two hooligans but as he was distracted for a brief moment, one of them used a broken glass piece, heading straight for his arm. He growled in frustration and ended the fight with a hard kick against that guy's stomach. 

"Let me tell you who I'm," he spat as the two guys groaned in pain on the floor. "I'm Taeyang. And the girl that you were talking about, her name is Im Yoona. Let tonight be a lesson to you. Count yourself lucky that it's me who you've ran into, not GD."

The two guys' eyes went wide in mortification as the words fell on them.

"I don't want to see them in this club again," he spoke to a waiter nearby who stood there, trembling in fear. "And count all these damages into my tab."

The waiter could only nod profusely as he watched him strided off, arm bleeding.

"Yah! I'm talking to you here ssekki!" GD's shout snapped him out of his trance yet again.

"Oh, nothing much. The usual~" Taeyang chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "Seungri was the one who told you isn't it? That guy just couldn't keep his mouth shut for christ sake."

If this brother of his was to know what was his intention for that fight, he would react 100 times more strongly than him, and that two hooligans wouldn't just get away with a bruised eye and sore body. He didn't think that two brats was worth the beatings and well, they certaintly didn't deserve that harsh a punishment. Besides, it was just a minor bruise. He had gotten injuries way more serious than this before and if it wasn't because of Seungri's overreactiveness, he wouldn't have make this trip down to the hospital. Oh, but just for this time, he should thank him for his overreactiveness. This actually allowed him to discover something new, something refreshing.

"What's with that dumb grin on your face. You'd been smiling like that since I met you!" GD frowned at him. "Did you freaking hit your head or something?"

"Nothing~" Taeyang beamed as he wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulder affectionately. "So, did anything happen yesterday?"

"Absolutely nothing! Man, how many times must I explain myself?! Yoona and I are just F.R.I.E.N.D.S! Anyway, she said hi to you too and-" As GD continued to drone on with his failed attempt of explanation, Taeyang threw a final glance back to the hospital and let out a smile.

He recalled who Kwon Yuri reminded him of. 

Im Yoona.

★★★★★

"Not heading out for lunch?"

"It's fine! I packed my own lunch today. Enjoy your lunch!" 

Yuri smiled as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter