Death

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Death

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”

Things couldn't be any better. For him, for her, for them. 

"Yeobo, there's a place I wanna bring you to." She rested her chin on her husband's arms, staring at him cutely.

"Uhm?" He smiled, opening his eyes lazily as he ruffled her hair.

"Yah, stop lazing in bed! We need to get there early!" She hit his arm, pouting away. 

"Aren't you tired? With all that workout last night," he stifled a yawn, finally opening his eyes fully as he smirked.

"Y-Yah! T-Time to wash up!" Her face turned red at that instant, scuttering out of bed immediately.

"Let's wash together!" He chuckled loudly, getting up and scooping her up into his arms as they made their way to the bathroom.

"Let me go!!!" 

"I've let you go once. I'll never let you go anymore. So you can quit struggling and turn yourself in to me, Mrs Kwon~" He let out a playful smirk.

Yes, it was blissful for the newlyweds - Yoona and GD. 

★★★★★

"Where exactly are we heading to?"

"You'll know soon enough."

It had been almost a month since Yoona ditched her tiara and royal wedding, becoming a runaway bride. Yoona hadn't regret for a bit for this decision. She had been loving every minute of her life the moment GD decided to appear in her wedding to whisk her away. Needless to say, things were definitely between her and her parents but she wasn't the least bothered. GD wanted to be a nice son-in-law, bringing her to pay a visit, only to have them being chased out and be cursed with sarcasms. Well well, profanities are common for him, but sarcasms? That's something the royals use when they're angry. He was somehow bothered by it but Yoona's presence cheered him up. Yes, so long as they're by each other's side, nothing else matter. All she needs is him. 

And all he needs, is her. 

Under the witness of their closed friends, they held a secret wedding, sealing their vow with a kiss in their favourite church, becoming husband and wife for eternity. Because of GD's mafia business and Taeyang's illness, they couldn't exactly go for a proper honeymoon. GD felt bad but once again, Yoona didn't mind. She had said, they could always go on a honeymoon next time. They have eternity. Why the rush? 

"Wow..."

GD was left speechless when they reached their destination. In front of them, was an orphanage. The moment they stepped inside, someone had came fetching them and showing them the way.

"Kids! Look who's here~~~"

"YOONA UNNIE/NOONA!!!"

Looks like Yoona is a frequent patron here. The moment the kids saw her, all of them ran forward, wanting to hug her and be carried by her, pushing GD aside. Yoona carried a kid up and laughed at the awkward-looking GD.

"You look like an awkward spider here, GD~" she teased.

"Y-Yah..." GD answered spitefully. Well, women flocked around him and he had to admit, he does have a way with woman but not... kids. 

"Come on kids! There's someone I want to introduce you. It's my husband, Jiyong~" Yoona set the kid down and had her arm locked around GD's arm as she smiled brightly.

"MWUHYAAAA! NOONA'S HUSBAND SHOULD BE ME! NOT HIM! NOOOOO!/Waaaa.... Jiyong oppa is handsome! I want to be his wife too!" the kids stared at him in disbelief, while some grumbled. 

You kids want to be her husband? Wait till next lifetime. I'm going to kill all of you. GD cursed those kids in his heart.

"There're just kids, you can't be serious about killing them right? Since when are you so possessive Jiyong-sshi," Yoona whispered. 

"Y-Yah, did I said that out loud?" GD replied guiltily.

"Anniyo. I was just making wild guesses. You were really thinking of that?!" Yoona narrowed her eyes dangerously.

"A-A-nniyo! R-Right! Why are we here? I don't think you just wanna show me off to these little brats right?" GD changed the topic immediately to avoid that stare.

"Partly," Yoona was in too good a mood to be angry at him. "But more importantly, I would like you to meet someone." 

There was finally some peaceful moments when both of them walked out of the playroom and into the garden. 

"Jiyoon ah!" Yoona called out.

A young girl turned around at her voice and her lips twitched into a wide grin as she broke into a run towards them. Yoona knelt down and welcomed her into her arms. 

GD couldn't help but smile at this beautiful scene. That's Im Yoona. The one who's so kind and lovable. Looking at this, he could already imagine how wonderful it would be when they would have kids of their own. 

"Have you been doing well?" They finally broke apart from the hug as Yoona tucked Jiyoon's hair behind her ears. 

"Neh. I miss you, Yoona umma..."

"I miss you too," Yoona smiled and stood up, holding her hand. "There's someone I want you to meet..."

GD stood in front of the two girls, hands in his pocket, smiling awkwardly. 

"A-A-nnyeonghasaeyo..." Jiyoon greeted timidly as she hid behind Yoona.

"Aigoo~ You're still the shy girl," Yoona chuckled as she struggled to pull her out from behind. "Jiyoon ah, he will be your father from now on. Kwon Jiyong. Call him."

Eh? 

That's the expression both Jiyong and Jiyoon had when Yoona announced that. 

★★★★★

"I had been donating to this orphanage ever since I'm eighteen..." Yoona looked far into the field as she spoke up, a smile spreading across her face slowly. "Remember the night when we first met?"

"Uh huh..." 

"After that night, I was determined to change my life," Yoona turned and looked at him. "Your words inspired me and I found myself having the courage to do the things I want to do for the very first time." 

"So you adopted Jiyoon?" 

"I was initially intending to make monthly donations to the orphanage only but on the day when I first came to this orphanage, I saw Jiyoon..." Yoona explained. "You know actually, her name isn't Jiyoon..."

"Then?"

"No one knows what her name is," Yoona sighed. "She was found outside the orphanage in the morning. All alone in a basket with no identification at all. No one knows how long she had been left there. How could parents be so selfish and irresponsible to leave their child out in the cold night all alone..."

"But you've found her isn't it? You'd given her a mother's love," GD smiled, rubbing his wife's shoulders. "I can tell that she loves you." 

"She loves you too," Yoona felt better instantly with that encouragement. "I've never seen her face turning so red before. She's an introvert, she doesn't like mixing around with people too much." 

"She's cute. Kind of resembles you," GD smiled as he watched Jiyoon who was playing on her own at the far corner. 

"I see myself in her too," Yoona rested her head on his shoulder. "But I couldn't bring her home then because appa and umma would definitely go crazy and scare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter