Smokescreen

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Smokescreen

"Don’t ever let your spouse or partner blame an outside person or persons for the ruin of your relationship or their past relationships. If two people are committed to one another then no one can change that.”

"... And I don't think she ever said anything that wasn't an attempt at undermination."

"You mean undermining."

"Thank you annoying McMaster Grammician."

"Grammarian."

"Oh my god, I'm going to kill you!" She laughed.

This was pretty much what GD and the others had been witnessing for the past few days. It was sweet...

"At this rate that you guys are going, I think I'm gonna puke my guts out."

"Go find your girl then, Kwon Jiyong." 

But annoying too.

"The doctor is here. Stop being annoyingly bright and loving. Maybe I should get the doc to check if there's something wrong with your brain as well."

"In case you forgot, every part of my body is filled with cancer cells now. So yeahs."

"..."

★★★★★

This morning, it's only GD and Yuri who came to the hospital first to visit Taeyang. Yuri pretty much came every single day without fail and accompanied Taeyang through the day and night. Ever since Taeyang was admitted into the hospital, GD had more stuffs to handle; tending the clubs, protecting his girls, dealing with weeds in place of Taeyang with his clients. He didn't have time nor the courage to think about Im Yoona, the one whom he had hurt so badly.

"You should go look for her."

Yuri's modulated voice rang out of a sudden, taking him back by surprise.

"Yoona," she continued. 

"Oh..." He didn't know what to say.

"I've heard everything from Bae," she shrugged her shoulders. "Or mostly."

"Then you shouldn't tell me to go look for her," GD cursed Taeyang silently in his heart for leaking his secret out. So much for GDYB.

"Remind me. How long more does that guy inside get to live?" 

"Eh?" GD raised his brows at her but sighed as he answered. "3 months."

"Bingo," GD could see that Yuri was trying hard to contain her tears. "And he isn't giving up on himself. Nor on us."

"Our case is different."

"B'cuz you guys are much more blessed," she said sternly. "You've a person that's alive and kicking. You guys get to count down to every anniversary that's going to happen while we can only count down to the number of days we get to spend together."

"Yuri-sshi..." GD realised how much Yuri was holding it up.

She's brave he thought. As much as it killed her to see her love suffering, she bore it all. 3 months, 3 days, 3 hours or even 3 minutes left, she would want to spend it with Taeyang. Compared to them, GD had to admit: He's indeed, a coward.

A coward that didn't dare to fight for his love. 

"Kwon Jiyong-sshi?"

GD looked up to see a suave-looking man in tuxedo in front of him.

"May I have a word with you?"

It's Choi Siwon. 

★★★★★

"Any drinks for you miss?"

"Hot latte. Thanks."

Yoona looked out of the window and watched the crowd walked by. She was supposed to be in bed, supposed to be on drip and get plenty of rest. But here she was, sitting in a desolated café, sipping a hot latte. 

All because of a text message.

After a few minutes, she finally saw a familiar figure strolling into the café.

She looked exactly the way she was since the time she last saw her: the fierce demeaour, the confidence in her, her thick eye-liner, her daunting vibe...

"I knew you would come."

Without any proper greetings, that's the first sentence she had said to her.

Of course she would come! Ever since that day where she had walked under the torrential rain to look for GD, only to find out he's hitting on other girls on the SAME bed that he and her had shared, Yoona fell critically ill. She didn't have a healthy body to begin with and that heavy rain, including her wrecked heart, was making her bed-ridden. Her parents had employed a personal nurse to take care of her but the moment she received the text message, she had decided to sneak out.

The text message from Lee Chaerin that said 'Wanna know about GD? Meet me. 12pm at Seoul Café.'

And that's pretty much it. 

No signing off, no hi nor goodbye.

But she figured out quite as much that it was from this woman in front of her.

"I stole your number from his phone," CL shrugged, reading her thoughts completely. 

"I don't understand," Yoona wasn't feeling at the best of her mood and decided to act y. "If you're trying to mock at me, well congrats. You've succeeded. I'm all wrecked if you can't tell."

"Well well," instead of feeling offended, CL smirked and folded her arms across her chest. "So this is why the bad boy GD likes you so much."

Yoona froze for a split second before regaining her composure, sipping her latte.

"He doesn't. He just wanna bed me. And you."

"He doesn't." 

That caused her to look up and was faced with a serious expression.

"We didn't get hooked up at all that day," CL explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter