Promise

Fate Has It.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Promise

“That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway. Don’t you believe in true love?”

Taeyang's death seemed to be a wakeup call for GD. 

He decided in order to give Yoona a more stable life, he should quit his line of job for good. 

"If this is what you've decided, we'll respect it. But you do know that you're always welcome back and will forever be part of us," TOP patted his shoulders.

After Taeyang's funeral, the guys had sat down for a discussion about their paths. GD voiced out his concern and opinions honestly and surprisingly, the other three members respected his decision. 

"I know..." GD smiled. "Thanks for everything hyung. Seungri, Daesung..." 

All four of them exchanged meaningful smile. Actually, Taeyang had all these planned out without GD knowing. Before his death, he had told TOP, DLITE and Seungri that even if GD was not planning to be out of the gang, he would kick him out. Taeyang knew Yoona and him needed a peaceful life and Yoona certainly didn't belong to this dark side of the world and GD would never want to drag her in. Hence, he had the promise with the other three members to kick him out when the time is ripe. 

But who knew... 

"Right," something dawned on GD. "Before I'm out, I would deal with the final case." 

The other three raised their brows at him.

"It's a case left by Bae," GD sighed as he lighted up a cigarette. "It's a tricky one so I would finish the deal before I'm out. I don't want to put you guys in risk."

"But hyung, Yoona..." Seungri asked in hesitation.

"No worries, I would tell her and she would understand," GD smiled and patted the younger's shoulder. "She didn't want me to quit this job actually because she knows how much you guys meant to me."

"Awwww hyung!" Seungri made an exaggerated action of throwing his arms around GD, pretending to cry. "I'LL MISS YOU JI YONG HYUNG!" 

That caused the other two members to burst into laughter as GD rolled his eyes and hit Seungri's back hard. 

He wouldn't deny it.

He's gonna miss all these.

★★★★★

"Babe..." GD returned home and a smile formed on his lips the moment he saw his beautiful wife sitting on the couch, reading a book intently. 

"Uhm?" Yoona was wearing her glasses and still had her eyes on the book as she replied half-heartedly. 

"Yah, stop looking at your book and look at your handsome husband for a while," GD knelt down to the same level as her, pouting away as he lifted her chin up. 

"Araso araso," Yoona chuckled at his sudden childish behaviour as she removed her glasses, staring at him. "So what does my handsome husband want?" 

"You," GD replied and kissed her deeply. 

She responded almost immediately, smiling between the kiss. Ever since they got married, the cold, fierce GD didn't seem like himself anymore. He's more cheerful, bright and of course, childish and posessive. But that, she didn't hate it at all. She loved it in fact.

"Yoong," GD finally broke apart after a long while, her hair as he looked at her affectionately.

"Uhmmm?" Yoona's face was tinged red as she answered dreamily. 

"After I'm done with this last deal, let's go travelling shall we?" GD tried hard not to stare at her delicious swollen lips. "We'll go for our honeymoon." 

"Really?!" At the sound of honeymoon, Yoona became excited immediately. "To where?!"

He was instantly infected with her cheerfulness. He tucked her hair behind her ears, looking at her with adoration. "To wherever you wanna go."

"Really?! Can we please please go to Rome?!" Yoona exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure~"

"Paris?" 

"Paris it shall be then."

"Bali!!!" 

"Why not?"

Yoona continued to name all the countries as GD agreed to them all. Looking at her excited expression, he knew he had made the right decision. Yes, her bliss was what mattered. It's his job to give her bliss and happiness. 

"Kwon Ji Yong," suddenly, Yoona's face became contorted. "Where are you going to get the money?" 

"Uhmm... Rob each local bank as we visit the city?" GD tried to control his laughter, feigning a serious look.

"Yah!" Yoona pouted at the reply and hit his chest. 

"Araso araso," he laughed as he grabbed hold of her hand and planted a kiss. "Have you forgotten what line of business was I in for all these while?"

"Oh right..."

"Besides, I had been single for this entire life so I don't really spend much," GD shrugged. "Young Bae mama forced me to create a bank account and deposited all my money in it. He say it's for my wife when I get married."

"Oh..." Yoona, at the mention of Taeyang's name, felt nostalgic.

"So, how are you going to pay for all these trips?" GD diverted her attention as he noticed that she was getting sentimental.

"Eh?" 

"Well," GD pretended to be serious as he started naming all the various conditions. "You want to go so many places and I've to be your bellboy, carrying all your luggage around. I've to be your bodyguard too, protecting you. There's so many things I've to do for you. I know you're the formidable Mrs Kwon, but shouldn't you pay me some service fee at least?" 

"Ishhhh. Stingy boy!" Yoona wrinked her nose playfully. "How do you want me to repay you then?" 

"This," GD pouted his lips up and pointed to his lips.

"You're always up to no good!" Yoona grumbled but nonetheless chuckled as she puckered her lips too, planting a generous kiss on her husband's lips. 

GD returned the kiss happily and carried her up, walking to their bedroom. 

"Yah, isn't a kiss only?!"

"Well, you want to go so many places so... You'll have to pay more! Then we'll be able to set off soon!" 

"KWON JI YONG IS A SCAMMERRRRRRR!" Yoona squealed. 

"Too late to only realise it now Im Yoona!"

★★★★★

"So early today?" Yoona opened her eyes and saw GD putting on his clothes. 

"Yeahs, since you're already paid your service fee, I'll make sure that the services would be well," GD smiled cheekily as he walked towards the bed.

"Idiot Kwon Jiyong..." Yoona scoffed, an embarrassed blush appeared on her face. 

"Araso araso, don't show me that face Mrs Kwon. You're making me hungry again," GD laughed and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Sleep in a little while more. You must be tired." 

A phrase of concern that sounded so misleading and bashful for Im Yoona. 

"We'll see each other soon! Go take a look at those travel catalogues while waiting for me!" GD ran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter