Part Twenty Eight: Old. New.

The Heartbreaker has Fallen

 

 

Sehun and Luhan are now resting on the latter’s living room, sitting on a sofa.

 

“Won’t Ah Ra be looking for you?” asked Luhan while Sehun’s chin is resting on his shoulder.  Sehun frowns. “Don’t think of anyone when we’re together, just think about me,”

 

“Babo,” Luhan said as he flicks Sehun’s forehead giving Luhan his infamous glare. “You’re the only one flicking my forehead! Aish. You’re treating me like a kid!”

 

“You are a kid. And as I was saying, Ah Ra is you’re girlfriend, right?”

 

“No, she’s not,” answered Sehun, tightening his hold on Luhan and planting soft kisses on his neck, hoping it could drift Luhan’s attention.

 

“Yah! Stop it! We. Are. Going. To. Talk.” Luhan said as blush reaching his cheeks. He broke from Sehun’s hug and faced him.

 

“What do you mean ‘she’s not’? She told me she is. I’ve also always seen you together. Holding hands and stuff.” Said Luhan as he frowns.

 

Sehun sighs as he holds Luhan’s hand. “She.. she suggested it. She’s a family friend from New York, she wanted a vacation that’s why she came with me. She’s a very good friend.  And about seeing us together holding hands and stuff, as I’ve said, she suggested it. While we’re in New York, I kinda told her about us.. that I broke up with you.. and I’ve seen you with Kai, Yixing.. I don’t want to be the only one jealous..” Sehun said as he looked anywhere except at Luhan, embarrassed on the immature thing they planned.

 

“Yeah.. I kinda get that. I guess? But.. yeah.. you broke up with me..” Luhan said, tears starting to fall again. Luhan hate it on how he can’t control his tears. He hates crying. Especially in front of Sehun.

 

“Yeah.. I did.” Said Sehun, biting his lower lip.

 

“Why?” Luhan whispered, enough for Sehun to hear.

 

“I.. I need to go,” Sehun said as he stands up, but Luhan pulled the hem of his shirt. “You’re avoiding the question..” Luhan said matter-of-factly.

 

“No.. Just.. Just let me go..” said Sehun, unable to look at Luhan.

 

“If I let you go now.. I’ll let you go for forever..” With those words, Sehun finally turned to Luhan. “Is that how much you love me?” said Sehun, sarcasm with his voice.

 

“ yeah, this is how much I love you..” said Luhan as tears starts to form on his eyes. “I-I’m sorry..” Sehun said, looking at the ground.

 

And that’s when Luhan finally lets go of Sehun.

 

--

 

“Morning,” Yixing greets Luhan which the latter smiled weakly in return. “Did something happened?” asked Yixing.

 

Luhan just smiled, thinking how lucky he is to find a very sweet friend like Yixing. “Uhm.. Luhan.. I was just thinking.. are you free tomorrow?” asked Yixing shyly, blush creeping on his cheeks.

 

“Ah.. You know... I was wondering if you could go out with me tomorrow?” Yixing’s puppy eyes really know how to make people not to say ‘no’ to Yixing. “Uhm.. go out as going out as friends.. just out.. uhm.. go out.. yeah..” Yixing said as he scratches the back of his neck.

 

If Luhan wasn’t sad, he’ll burst out laughing at the sight, instead he smiles though didn’t reached his eyes, “Where to?”

 

Luhan’s words literally lit up Yixing’s face, “Surprise,”

 

--

 

Sehun is now on his twenty seventh attempt to call Luhan and still.. no answer. What should he expect after leaving a crying Luhan like that? Not answering his questions at all. He just escaped.. escape to hurt Luhan further. The reality washing him that he can’t be with the one he wants the most.

 

Sehun sighed. “Still trying to call him?” Ah Ra asked, pity seen to her face. She knows that Sehun didn’t want any of these. “I’m sorry I pushed you to come back here..” Ah Ra said, feeling sorry that she insisted that Sehun should go back to Korea and apologize to Luhan.

 

“No, no.. It’s.. It’s my fault.. I just kept on hurting and hurting him again..” he said, eyes on the ground, his mind filled with Luhan’s crying face.

 

Ah Ra rolled her eyes. “Gosh. Just tell him you love him, stupid.” Sehun just smiled, not reaching his eyes. I badly want to..

 

His train of thoughts were interrupted by a beep from his phone, a sign that he got a message. How he wished that it’s Luhan, but the message is just from who he expected.

 

We’ll be expecting you and Ah Ra back here in a week.

 

“Wish I could,”