Eternally Lost

Chorus

 

“My dad talked to Jay recently and—“

 

“Who’s Jay?”

 

Jessica arched a brow. “You’re kidding, right? I’ve told you about him before. He was this ex-boyfriend that my dad really liked for me and even when we’ve broken up, they still kept communicating.”

 

“I probably dozed off while you were talking about him. I always listen to what you tell me but there are exceptions. Topic about your exes is one of them.”

 

Jessica sighed at Yoona’s current display of childishness. “Whatever. So he and my dad talked and Dad told him about the engagement. My dad knows that I want a beach wedding and as it turns out, Jay’s family recently bought this resort and—“

 

“Whoa wait, this guy’s pretty loaded if his family could afford to buy a resort like it’s just a box of pizza.”

 

“Yeah, you need to stop interrupting so I could finish what I’m saying, Yoong. As I was saying, the Park’s now owns this property. I looked it up and I think it’d be perfect if we get married there. The guests could stay there for two nights and they also have a hall where the reception could be held.”

 

“Is that what you really want or...?”

 

“Well yeah, I’ve already told you that I want a beach wedding and it’s perfect there, I swear.”

 

Yoona sensed how excited Jessica was as she talked about it so even if she wanted to disagree, she couldn’t. What she couldn’t understand was why Jessica would think she wouldn’t like that news.

 

“The thing is even though I’ve seen beautiful pictures of it, I think it would still be better if I see it myself.”

 

“So you have to go there then?”

 

Jessica nodded. “Uh-huh but, uh, Jay’s going to be there and he’s going to show me around.”

 

“Oh so that’s why,” she thought. “Bring someone with you,” she said with an evident frown on her face. Jessica could’ve told her that she didn’t have to be jealous but she’d be a hypocrite especially when she remembers the time she got jealous over Tiffany.

 

“Okay. Is it really okay though? Are you really fine with the possibility of us getting married there?”

 

“If that’s what you want, then it’s fine by me, “Yoona paused a bit and thought about something, “Is your ex going to give us a discount.”

 

 

---

 

 

Yuri sat patiently while she waited for all the chemicals that they put in her hair to settle. She and Hongbin were both getting their nails done as they wait. She turned her head, careful not to move her hand, and called Key. Key put down the magazine that he was reading and stood between Yuri’s and Hongbin’s seat.

 

“Why do I have to get my nails done?”

 

“It’s in the package.”

 

She looked at Hongbin and asked, “Why is he getting his nails done?”

 

“Because he’s got the same package that you have,” he answered. “I am so excited to see your hair. It’ll be magical.”

 

Yuri looked like she wanted to get out of there. Hongbin, on the other hand, seemed like he was enjoying himself. He even asked the staff to put skulls on his nails.

 

“I’m really not sure about this, Key.”

 

“Would you relax? Look at George here being such a good sport.”

 

“What did you even tell them to do to my hair?”

 

“At first, I sort of thought ash brown with white highlights would look good on you but then I had an epiphany,” Yuri rolled her eyes, “it dawned on me that you’d look so much better with golden brown.”

 

“That’d make me look darker.”

 

“Blonde would make you darker. Trust me. I’m not going to make you look horrible.”

 

She took Key’s words and as soon as their nails were done, the staff tended to their hair. She got more nervous when it was time to remove the towel on their heads. Key wouldn’t admit it but he was also nervous to see the result.

 

Hongbin’s was the first to be taken off. Key and Yuri stared at him, mouths gaping. “Wow! You look really good.”

 

Key agreed but masked his total excitement with a shrug. “You clean up well, Hongbin.”

 

“Now that I have short hair you’re calling me by my name?”

 

“You don’t look like a George now.” Hongbin smiled and looked at himself in the mirror once again.

 

It was now Yuri’s turn and both she and Key had to hold their breath. When she saw her new hair color, she didn’t exactly know what to feel about it. She’s donned the same straight black hair ever since she was a kid and this was her first time to go this light. “Even our hair color’s the same?” she muttered, pointing at Hongbin’s locks.

 

“Noona, mine’s two shades lighter.”

 

“Thank god!” Key exclaimed, “Seriously, Yuri, how can he tell the difference and you can’t?”

 

“Well, I’m not exactly an expert on hair color!”

 

Key stood beside her but ignored her nonsensible remark. “Give her curls but not too much, you know, just a few waves down here. That should be fine,” he instructed the stylist. He looked at Yuri who was still doubtful about the change in her hair color. “You look pretty. You’d look better if you stop acting like someone just died.”

 

“Does it really look okay?”

 

“Okay? Okay?! Do you want me to call a professional volleyball player to slap the stupid out of you?” Key sighed. “Trust me, you look really good. You know what, let’s call your best friend and maybe if you get her approval, you’d stop moping.”

 

“She’s probably working,” she said but Key has already gotten her phone. It didn’t take Yoona that much time to accept the video call.

 

“Key? Why do you have Yuri’s phone?”

 

“Your opinion is important. Don’t be too harsh but don’t lie to her either.”

 

It did nothing but confuse Yoona. Key gave the phone back to Yuri and told the stylist to work on her hair a little later. “Whoa, Yul, your hair!”

 

“Is it awful?”

 

Yoona shook her head. She was so giddy, it almost made Key laugh. “No way! It looks great!” Just then her eyebrows screassed. “Oh my god, are you doing this for Taeyeon-unnie?” she whispered as if her older sister could hear them.

 

“No,” Yuri denied immediately, “this was Key’s idea.”

 

“You look great!” Yoona reiterated.

 

“Yah! Yoona, no phone calls during work,” Heechul shouted in the background.

 

“It’s lunch break.”

 

“The lunch is not here yet.”

 

“I’ll give you one of my slice if you let me finish this call, Heechul-oppa.” Heechul stopped talking and Yoona continued her conversation with her best friend. “Oh, by the way, this is your first time to call me ever since I left. I’m genuinely hurt, Yul.”

 

“You’re always on the phone with your sugar mommy.”

 

“Speaking of Jessica, will you please go with her when she checks out this resort that’s apparently earned by an ex-boyfriend of hers? Bring Taeyeon-unnie. I’m sure you’d love that,” Yoona teased.

 

“Shut up. I have work but a trip without an annoying big mouth like you would be nice,” Yuri teased back.

 

“Please, I know you miss me already.”

 

“I miss hitting your forehead with my knuckle.”

 

“Yoona-yah!” came Heechul’s loud voice once again,” the pizza’s here.”

 

“That’s my boss. I gotta go now. Call me again, okay? Just because you dyed your hair doesn’t mean you could forget about me!”

 

“I won’t but I will tell your fiancée that you’re having pizza for lunch.”

 

“Tattletale Yul!”

 

Yuri laughed and ended the call. “Is that a good enough confirmation that you look good?” She didn’t reply but her mood seemed to have lifted up after the call. “Now about that trip you guys were talking about.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Wait, wait! Hold the elevator please.” Yuri rushed inside the elevator and thanked the guy who turned out to be Hongbin, much to her surprise. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Key called me and told me to come here.”

 

“He has your number?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I don’t understand why he would tell you to come here though.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

“But you still came.”

 

“Mm-hmm.”

 

Yuri found him odd then and she was going to say something about it but they’ve already arrived at their floor. She rang the doorbell and it was Tiffany who answered it. “Oh my god, Kwon Yuri!”

 

Key appeared behind her and said, “She looks good, doesn’t she? I’d like to take the credit but really, all I did was decide on her new hair color.”

 

The two visitors came in and that’s when Tiffany noticed the new face. “And who’s this cutie?”

 

“Hi, I’m Hongbin.”

 

Tiffany was going to shake his hand but Krystal appeared out of nowhere and stopped her. “The only cutie you could shake hands with is me.” She turned to Hongbin and whispered, “I’m onto you.”

 

“Ignore her. She’s a total psycho.” Key pushed Krystal away and pulled Hongbin with him, leading him to his room. The last thing they heard Key say is, “Would your eyes tear up if liquid eyeliner is applied on them?”

 

“Who’s that?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Someone from work,” was Yuri’s short reply as she sat on the couch. Tiffany and Krystal sat beside her and did nothing but stare.

 

Krystal broke the ice with an inappropriate comment. “If I wasn’t going out with Tiff, I’d totally hit on you.” It earned her a slap on the arm to which she replied, “Oh, come on, you would totally do it, too.”

 

“I won’t because we all know that in Yuri’s eyes only Taeyeon-unnie exists.”

 

Yuri didn’t have to say anything. The red tint on her cheeks said it all. She cleared and changed the topic. “Yoona told me that Jessica-unnie has found a venue for their wedding and that we should go with her to check it out.”

 

“Yeah, unnie has told me about that the other day.”

 

“Yoona also said we should bring Taeyeon-unnie,” she added in a voice that’s just a few notches above whispering.

 

Krystal was going to poke fun of her about it but remembered that it probably isn’t the brightest idea to bring Taeyeon on a trip where her sister is involved. “But she might have better things to do.”

 

“Yoong told me this morning that she’s brought it up with her sister and Taeyeon-unnie said it was fine.”

 

Tiffany cocked her head to the side and asked, “Do you have a problem with Taeyeon-unnie? You always seem so hostile towards her and it’s like you don’t want her to be around you.”

 

Yuri, on the other hand, had a different thought running through her mind. “You seem like you two are closer than we think you are. I heard your conversation before and you look like you know stuff about her that we don’t.”

 

Krystal looked at them back and forth, feeling like a cornered mouse. “Well...” She wasn’t about to reveal what she know. “Fine. Let her come then. I was just thinking about her promotions. The hell is wrong with you two. Where the hell is Key?” She stood up and Tiffany followed her. Yuri still can’t shake the feeling that Krystal knows something. “Oh my god!” she heard Krystal saying. She followed the two girls and saw what Key was doing.

 

“What are you doing to my boss’ son?!” she exclaimed when she saw Hongbin’s reflection on the vanity mirror.

 

“Boss? Like your supervisor or something?”

 

Yuri walked up to him to take a closer look. She held his face and tried to erase the thing that was on the side of his face but Key swatted her hands away. “No, boss as in the founder and Chief Executive Officer of the agency that I work for!” Key raised his brows as if asking Hongbin if it was true and the latter simply nodded and grinned. “You are going to get me fired. Hongbin-ah, you don’t have to listen to this crazy person.”

 

“No, it’s fine.”

 

“See?” Key grinned in victory.

 

“You both are crazy,” she muttered.

 

 

---

 

 

“We are so lost.”

 

Perpetually lost.”

 

“This is your fault, Krys.”

 

“Shut up, Key. All of us agreed to let Tiff drive because we were too lazy and the eldest are both knocked out in the back.”

 

“Would the three of you relax? We’re in the right direction. We just took the longer route.”

 

Key, Yuri and Krystal were regretting their decision to let Tiffany drive them to the resort that Jay’s family own. They left Seoul really early to avoid the heavy traffic and that would’ve been a foolproof plan if Jessica who knew where to go wasn’t too sleepy to drive or Taeyeon, who could at least navigate her way using the car’s GPS, wasn’t too tired.

 

“We’re going in circles. I’ve seen that blue shack at least five times,” Yuri sighed and leaned her head on the window. She then subtly glanced at Taeyeon’s sleeping figure. The girl’s head was propped up on a pillow and half of her face was covered with her hair. She looked at Jessica who was sitting at an arm’s length away from the older Kim and was pretty much sleeping the same way.

 

“But this thing says to turn right and that’s what I’ve been doing.”

 

Krystal could only cover her face in embarrassment when she realized what Tiffany was doing wrong and Key was the one who pointed out. “Right? But you’ve been turning left the whole time!”

 

“No, I’m not,” Tiffany denied and raised her right arm. “I know what left is and this is my left. Duh.”

 

“Someone better hold me before I backhand this wench.” Key was fuming and if it wasn’t for Yuri, he would’ve really jumped in the front seat and go right after Tiffany.

 

Once they’ve retraced their steps, they got there in a matter of minutes and Yuri had the job to wake up the two girls in the back.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie, Jessica-unnie, wake up. We’re here.”

 

Taeyeon woke up after a few nudge but Jessica was still snoozing. Taeyeon wasn’t going to be able to get off the car if Jessica didn’t get out of the way so she tried to wake her up and sent Yuri to help the others with their bags.

 

“Jessica, get up.” She tapped her arm and even tried shaking her to wake her up. “Sica.”

 

Jessica groggily sat up and murmured, “Taengoo?”

 

Taeyeon, whose eyes were still drooping earlier, was now fully awake as she heard her nickname being uttered by Jessica once again. “We’re here.”

 

“Oh.” Jessica combed her hair with her fingers and checked if she had dried drool on her face. An action Taeyeon finds quite amusing. The two got off the car and was greeted by a relatively short guy who has his left arm filled with a bunch of tattoos.

 

He smiled at them, his eyes almost disappearing into oblivion and said, “Long time no see, Sica.”

 

The others were paying attention to him and missed Taeyeon clenching her teeth and mumbling, “Jay.”

 

Jay was going to give Jessica a hug but Taeyeon got in between them and said, “Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon. My sister is Jessica’s fiancée.”

 

Jay took her hand and shook it. “Your name sounds familiar.”

 

Jessica and Taeyeon stared at each other while Krystal massaged her temples. “ is about to hit the fan,” she slurred.

 

 

____
eternally lost by j.lewis the demo for exo's angel or something i dunno this version makes more sense to me because what in the hell does "eternally love" mean

i hope you guys aren't expecting too much from the new characters that i've introduced they're just there for entertainment