1000 Times

Chorus

Yoona was shoving the greens to the side of her plate, away from the meat. Jessica, on the other hand, automatically forked it and put it on her own plate. “You’re such a kid.”

 

“I don’t like eating leafy things. I like meat.”

 

The two were eating dinner at a restaurant that Heechul recommended. Jessica wasn’t aware of that though. If she were she probably wouldn’t even try stepping inside the establishment.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and thoughtlessly said, “You better not act like that in front of our kids.”

 

Yoona, who was in the process of devouring the huge of slice of meat, looked up at her in amusement. “Kids.”

 

The older girl, equally surprised with what she blurted out, dropped her fork on the plate. “I have no idea what possessed me to say that.”

 

Yoona momentarily forgot about the food. She propped her chin on top of one hand, a playful smile glued to her face. “I’ve always wanted to bring that up but I didn’t because I didn’t want you to freak out. I had this feeling that you’re not very fond of kids.”

 

“That’s not true. I like kids. They’re adorable.”

 

“Really now?”

 

“Yeah...up until they grow up to be annoying little brats but then that’s why you’re there...to deal with them.”

 

“Wanting too much kids is a big no then.”

 

“Why?” Jessica raised a brow. “How many kids do you have in mind?”

 

“At least five.”

 

“Kim Yoona, that’s too much.”

 

“I wanted a big family.”

 

“How am I supposed to pop out five kids out of me?”

 

Yoona could see the horror on Jessica’s face but she just couldn’t stop the urge to make fun of her. “Okay, we’ll split it. I’ll carry two kids and you carry three. Fair enough?” All she got for a reply was a shove on the shoulder. “You’re too funny when you’re like this.”

 

“This is a serious discussion about our future kids. Having kids needs a lot of planning. Very thorough planning. Like are we really going to carry a child inside us for nine months or do we adopt? You know, decisions like that.”

 

For a few seconds, the two were just staring at each other and Jessica wasn’t quite sure if she had said something wrong.”Are you like this at work? Serious Jessica is just insanely hot. Do you guys have an opening? I’d like to apply for a position.”

 

“Stop being silly and be serious for a second.”

 

When Yoona nodded in resignation, she thought she’d finally stop fooling around but she was wrong. “You’re blushing though.” Her phone suddenly rang and she had to excuse herself from the table. Jessica didn’t even need to think twice. She practically pushed Yoona off of her chair so the girl could answer the call and so she could calm herself down.

 

She opted to stand just outside the girl’s washroom and answered the call. “What is it now, Yul? I was in the middle of a very serious discussion with Jessica.”

 

“Your sister and I slept together.”

 

Yoona had to gather her thoughts after hearing that and maybe pick her jaw up from the floor. “W-what?”

 

“On the hood of my car.”

 

“You sonofa, that’s my sister!”

 

“You and your dirty mind. We literally just slept on the hood of my car. Like eyes closed, breathing evenly, that kind of sleeping.”

 

“Well you could’ve phrased that better. Was having dinner with you that vapid that she fell asleep?”

 

“She was too tired that she fell asleep as soon as we finished eating.” Yuri went on to tell her the details of what went on that night but Yoona only cared about one thing.

 

“Did you have fun?”

 

“Are you kidding? It was everything I could ever ask for, of course I had fun.”

 

“I’m guessing there’d be a next time.”

 

“You bet. What was the very discussion I interrupted, by the way.”

 

“Jessica brought up ‘kids’.”

 

“That’s weird. I thought you’d be the first one to bring that up.”

 

“That’s what I thought so too. She accidentally brought it up and she seems so serious about it.”

 

“I’m here talking about my first date with someone I’ve liked since forever and here you are talking about having kids with your soon-to-be wife.”

 

“I know. I never thought I’d get my together so early and I have Jessica to thank for that.”

 

“You better go back and discuss your future babies with her now.”

 

Yoona and Yuri said their goodbyes and Yoona returned to their table only to see Jessica finishing her steak. “Um, what is happening here? Are you really stealing my food?”

 

“I’m paying for this meal. That’s not stealing.”

 

Yoona slumped in her chair as she stared at Jessica who was wolfing down on her steak as if she hasn’t eaten for days. “We’re not gonna have twins,” she suddenly blurted out and it effectively stopped the girl from eating.

 

“What? Why not? Twins are cute.”

 

“It’s hard to tell twins apart.”

 

“Are you telling me that you wouldn’t even put an effort in figuring out who’s who even if they’re your kids? What a horrible parent.”

 

Yoona laughed. “But if we do have twins let’s give them almost identical names so it wouldn’t be too embarrassing if I can’t tell them apart.”

 

 

---

 

 

“No, they’re not meant to be! What is wrong with you?”

 

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you? Do you not see the chemistry?”

 

“What chemistry? If we’re going to talk about chemistry then I hate to say this but I know more than you do in this topic.”

 

“Just because you’re taking chemical engineering?!”

 

“That’s more than enough reason to say that I’m an expert in chemistry.”

 

Tiffany’s been hearing them go at it for half an hour now. She just finished taking a shower and getting ready to go out. “What are you two idiots arguing about?” She sat next to Krystal to put on her heels.

 

Krystal pointed a finger at Yuri. “She’s shipping Paily.”

 

“What the hell is a paily?”

 

“And she’s shipping emison!” Yuri huffed. “Ali’s no good for Emily.”

 

“Who are these people?”

 

Pretty Little Liars. The one that stars Shay Mitchell.”

 

Tiffany’s right eye twitched. “I thought you were over your Shay Mitchell phase.”

 

“Oh please. You can never be over Shay Mitchell but...” Krystal took her phone from the coffee table and showed it to Tiffany, “I am getting started on my Sasha Pieterse phase.” Her wallpaper was Sasha and Tiffany wasn't sure what to feel about that.

 

“Emily deserves someone who would take care of her,” Yuri said.

 

“Exactly not someone who would try to drown her like Paige did!”

 

“Who’s Paige?”

 

“Tiff, if you really want to know then you better get started now. They’re on their fifth season. You’re gonna need to do some serious binge watching to catch up.”

 

“Uh...yeah, I don’t have time for that. I have a life and a career.”

 

Yuri and Krystal rolled their eyes. “She’s such a diva.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I can hear you both.” She stood up and checked herself out on the full-length mirror.

 

Krystal stood behind her and so did Yuri. “Where are you going?”

 

“You look like you’re going out on a date.”

 

The youngest girl in the room frowned. “That’s right. You do look like you’re going out with someone.”

 

Tiffany glared at Yuri. “I’m going to be testing for an ad.”

 

“Ad for what?”

 

“Several stuff. One of them being an ad for a milk.”

 

Yuri cooed. “My friend’s on her way to being a legitimate celebrity.” She put an arm around Tiffany’s shoulder which Krystal immediately removed.

 

“Do you want me to go with you?”

 

“About that.” She faced Krystal, looking apologetic. “Oppa said it’s better if I don’t...tell everyone that I’m in a relationship with a girl.”

 

“That’s my cue to leave,” Yuri mumbled as she got her things and head for the door.

 

“Good luck on your second date, that’s not actually a date because the other person’s not acknowledging it as a date, with Taeyeon,” Krystal said before Yuri could leave and she was pretty sure she heard Yuri utter a swear word before she slammed the door closed. She turned back to Tiffany who was waiting for her reply. “Okay.”

 

“Okay? That’s it? You’re not gonna ask why?”

 

“Whatever reason your agent gave you, it’ll probably just piss me off because whatever reason that is I would think it’s illogical so I’d rather not know. I mean, I knew this would eventually happen. It’s not like we’re living in a place where gay relationships are accepted by everyone.”

 

“So you’re not angry?”

 

“I’m trying not to be but I’m not angry at you. I know that if it were up to you, you’d tell everyone that you’re dating me. You’ve already done that with the people in that musical of yours.”

 

Tiffany smiled and wrapped her arms around Krystal, giving her the tightest embrace.

 

“You’re smothering me.” When Tiffany let go of her and bid her goodbye, that’s when she let out the frown that she’s been trying to hold back. She really was trying hard not to get angry. Trying to be understanding of her girlfriend’s career but if these things happened earlier in their relationship, she would’ve reacted differently. She would’ve gotten on a name-calling spree, locked herself in her room and ignored Tiffany for at least a week even though she knows none of this is Tiffany’s doing.

 

All of that plus the fact that Key, her best friend, thinks she’s changing because of Tiffany. All of it was stressing her out.

 

“Being mature is hard,” she mumbled as she slumped down the couch. “How do you do it Sasha?” she asked as the person appeared on the TV screen.

 

 

---

 

 

Yuri was more relaxed now compared to the first time she had dinner alone with Taeyeon. She didn’t know where she got her new found confidence but it didn’t matter. She was just revelling in the fact that she’s not overthinking things. The small stuttering every time she answers Taeyeon’s questions could go away but this was fine.

 

“Isn’t it nice that we don’t have to worry about mosquitoes anymore?” Taeyeon joked.

 

“Yeah, the last time I had mosquito bites all over my right arm.”

 

Their food arrived but their conversation didn’t die out. In fact, their conversation basically revolved around food that they wanted to try or food that they haven’t eaten for a while.

 

“It’s not actually that disgusting. The oppas made me try it once.”

 

“Ah...peer pressure. Yoona forced me to eat raw fish once. I ended up liking it and it freaked her out.”

 

They’ve finished their meal and decided to take a walk around the streets of Apgujeong. It was a busy street at night but the two felt like they were the only ones there, pointing at things they thought were unusual and laughing their hearts out at things they thought were funny.

 

The two eventually got tired and decided to sit inside a not so crowded cafe. Taeyeon held her belly and crouched down. “My stomach hurts from laughing too much. I feel a six-pack forming.”

 

Yuri stared at her in admiration. This was everything she imagined her date with Taeyeon would be. The ddukbokki date wasn’t too bad but this one beats it hands down.

 

Even with the weird faces Taeyeon was making, all Yuri could see was the Taeyeon with the childish smile and the tiny dimple appearing on her chin. All she could see was how beautiful the girl was when her eyes turn into mere slits.

 

Taeyeon stared back at Yuri, tilting her head to the side. “What is it?”

 

“You’re really pretty when you laugh.”

 

“Thanks. I always hear people say I look like an old lady when I laugh.”

 

“You’re cute when you laugh so much you start snorting like a pig.”

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips and creased her eyebrows but a small smile was still evident. “That’s not cute. I sound gross when I do that.”

 

“Nothing you do is ever gross.”

 

“You sound like you’re in love with me.” Taeyeon said it as a joke but the reply she got wasn’t what she was expecting.

 

“I am. I have been...for quite a while now. That’s the thing that I’ve been wanting to tell you.”

 

Every second that passed that Taeyeon didn’t utter a single word made her chest tighten. Yuri knew that it didn’t exactly mean Taeyeon was rejecting her but she just couldn’t help but think that.

 

“I probably shouldn’t have said it. I think I just ruined the atmosphere.”

 

“No...it’s...it just came as a shock to me.”

 

“Everyone thought I was being obvious though.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “Really?”

 

“You probably didn’t notice because you had your eyes and attention on someone else.”

 

Taeyeon immediately thought of Jessica. “Yeah, I guess.”

 

“I could wait until you’re ready to forget about her.” Yuri said in the gentlest way possible. The thought of possibly upsetting Taeyeon by saying that scared her so much that her voice was just above a whisper. “I know I’ve said this before but if you need anyone to talk to, I’m here and I’m not just here because I have these feelings for you. I’m here because I really care about you. It doesn’t matter whether you think of me as your sister’s best friend or something more, I’ll always be here for you.

 

And not in a creepy way. I’m not gonna go sasaeng for you.”

 

That caused Taeyeon to snort and for Yuri’s smile to come back. It wasn’t how she planned her confession to Taeyeon would be ad although she didn’t really get an answer from the older girl, knowing that Taeyeon already knows what she feels was enough for her...for now. She meant what she said about waiting. She knew Taeyeon was worth it all.

 

 

_____

it's a bit short and full of random crap lol and remember when i had that shay phase before i finished writing pre-chorus. now i'm in my sasha/emison phase i'm sorry guys i had to incorporate things that i'm currently addicted to every time i write. it makes me feel better idk why 

i knew my decision of writing another fic to update chorus would work hahaha

Title: 1000 Times by Sara Bareilles this is for taeri