Empty Tears, Empty Heart

Chorus

Tiffany huffed and stepped on the brake, making the younger Jung drop her phone. She was pissed off that she was tricked into driving Krystal to the airport to pick up Key, whoever the hell that was.

 

She would’ve done it willingly if the little devil told her that she had to wake up early instead of waking her up using a megaphone. She regretted keeping that thing even after Yuri moved out and got hew new apartment. A gift by the Kwons.

 

Since then Krystal has been squatting in Yuri’s previous room.

 

“Jesus Christ, Tiff! Be careful!”

 

The girl answered with a huff.

 

“I still want to see Key. I haven’t spent time with him for god knows how long.”

 

“Why couldn’t you just let him get a cab?”

 

“If I had done that, I will never hear the end of it.”

 

“This is the first time I’ve ever heard about this best friend of yours.”

 

“I always forget to tell you about him because the you do stupid things that distract me.”

 

“You know how jealous I could get so you better tell me now if I have a reason to be jealous of this Key guy.”

 

Krystal laughed, covering her face. “Yeah, you should be jealous of his smooth skin and his pretty face.”

 

Tiffany had her eyebrows creased as she parked her car. They didn’t have to wait for Krystal’s best friend since he has already landed and all they had to do was to look for him which turned out to be an easy task considering it was Key who found them first. “Hey, girl!”

 

The two girls turned around and saw a skinny guy with a jet black hair. He stood out mostly because of his pants that had floral prints, a flower-printed button-up shirt, coupled with a floral printed necktie and finished with a red blazer.

 

“Key!”

 

“Does he normally go out dressed like that?”

 

Krystal ignored Tiffany’s question and walked towards the guy to hug him. “Oh my god! You went black again.”

 

“I missed it. I love your new hair! It looks great on you.” He put an arm around Krystal’s waist and looked at Tiffany. “Is this the girl you’ve been talking to me about?”

 

“Yup, that’s her.”

 

“Well, damn. She’s pretty hot. Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I did.”

 

“You said she looks average.”

 

Key greeted Tiffany and shook her hand. “Annyeonghaseyo, girl. Krys has told me tons of stuff about you.”

 

Tiffany smiled politely.

 

“You two have red hair. That is so cute.” Key’s high-pitched voice made Tiffany’s ear twitch. She also noticed how his pinky didn’t touch the rest of her hand during their handshake. She laughed inwardly when she realized that there was no reason to get jealous over the guy.

 

“Couple hair.”

 

“We wanted to be subtle.”

 

“Krys, there’s nothing subtle about that. I could spot you two from a mile away.”

 

Tiffany waited for her girlfriend to rebut with a swear word but that never came. The younger Jung simply laughed and playfully pushed her best friend. She was now envious of the guy who looked like a walking vase with all the floral print on his clothes.

 

Krystal never fails to answer back and make her lose any argument but just now she witnessed her girlfriend keeping shut.

 

“Ronald Mcdonald 1 and 2, we better get going because it’s hot as hell—“

 

“And your make up is getting ruined. How much eyeliner did you use in one eye? Did you use up Marilyn Manson’s lifetime supply of eyeliner?”

 

Tiffany laughed. This was the smartass Krystal she knows and sometimes likes. Most of the time, she just wants to catapult her to Mars.

 

They were on their way back to Tiffany’s place where Key’s going to stay at temporarily. Krystal’s brilliant idea.

 

The two best friends were talking while Tiffany was driving. She was able to see Key constantly checking himself out in the rear view mirror.

 

“How long will you be staying?”

 

“I haven’t even stepped in your place and you already want me to leave?”

 

“It’s not mine. It’s Tiff’s.”

 

“Don’t you live there?”

 

“I stay there sometimes.”

 

Key switched his gaze back and forth from Tiffany to Krystal and wiggled his perfectly shaped eyebrows. “Ooohh, y times with the girlfriend.”

 

Tiffany choked on her spit and had to halt.

 

“Your girlfriend’s being a prude, Krys.”

 

Tiffany frowned, wondering why the guy was so blunt and has no filter whatsoever. “I’m not being a prude. I just don’t go around saying lewd stuff.”

 

“Drop the Mary act, missy. Your face does not fit it. Look at your angry face right now. Everything about you screams .”

 

Krystal guffawed. “That’s so true. She’s so y. Stop being so straightforward though, Key. Remember, you’re staying at her place.”

 

Tiffany was pretty sure she was offended at what Key just said but now she was trying to contain a smile because of what Krystal said. She tried to block out whatever came out of Key’s mouth until they reached her apartment.

 

When Key excused himself to use the washroom, Krystal took the liberty of calming her down. “Try not to take whatever he says to heart. He’s just naturally fou-mouthed...like me. I’m just more loveable and it just so happens that you love me. ” The younger girl grinned at her and wrapped her arms around her waist.

 

“I don’t love you.”

 

“Yes, you do. You love Jung Kwystal.”

 

Tiffany cringed at the sudden use of aegyo. “I don’t.”

 

“Aww, you don’t love Kwystal?” Krystal let go of her but she didn’t let her put a significant distance between them.

 

Tiffany hugged her this time and said, “You are so not loveable. You’re charming but you are not loveable.”

 

“That’s the same thing.”

 

“I’ve been gone for ten minutes and you two are already trying to squeeze in a little time to e? You two are naughty,” he said in a singsong voice.

 

Tiffany scoffed. “I swear to god, Adam Lambert, if you disturb our moment like that again, I will kick you out and use your make-up kit as firewood and I don’t even have a fireplace but I don’t care.”

 

He merely laughed at the threat. “Krys, I definitely approve of her for you.” He looked at Tiffany and said, “Just so you know, sweetie, I love Adam Lambert.”

 

He walked away from the two girls while singing, “I’m here for your entertainment! Oh!”

 

 

---

 

 

Taeyeon sighed. She’s been circling that aisle for five times now and she still hasn’t decided what to get. She was going to move on to another aisle when she saw a familiar face. “Yuri?”

 

“Taeyeon-unnie,” the Kwon beamed.

 

“Are you stalking me?” she asked to which Yuri replied to with a laugh.

 

“Oh wow, you’re conceited, unnie. I’m actually here to buy things for my new place. What about you?”

 

“I wanted to buy Yoong something she could bring to Paris with her.”

 

“Oh, buy her a language guide. She’d appreciate that.”

 

“Jaejoong-oppa and Junsu-oppa got her the same thing so I can’t.”

 

“Want me to help?”

 

“Sure. That’d be great.”

 

They were interrupted by a high school student who was holding a pen and a piece of paper and had her head ducked down, asking Taeyeon for an autograph. Another girl came and she wanted to take a picture with her. Yuri volunteered to take it.

 

When the fans left, Yuri took off the cap that she was wearing and put it on Taeyeon. “I know that’s not a good enough disguise and people would still recognize you but it looks really cute on you.” Taeyeon snorted but left the cap on.

 

Yuri suddenly laughed and Taeyeon smiled. It reminded her of the times she spent with Jessica and when the girl would suddenly burst out laughing. “What? What is it?”

 

“I know what you should get Yoong.”

 

“What?”

 

“She’ll be away for six months, away from her fiancée. If there’s anything she would need that would be the stuff she could use to plea—“

 

“Oh my god! Yuri! I’m not going to buy my sister that.”

 

Yuri shrugged, still thinking that her idea was a good one. She was actually considering of getting that for her best friend. They continued looking around and by the time they’ve went around the whole place, both of them were exhausted.

 

“Why are torturing ourselves like this? Just give her a box of ramyun or a stash of chocolate bars and she’ll surely be happy.”

 

Taeyeon heeded to the suggestion. “I should’ve done that an hour ago. I’m hungry now. Do you want to eat?”

 

Yuri blinked and muttered, “With you?”

 

Taeyeon took it the wrong way. “Well, if you want I could just buy you food and we’ll eat separately if you don’t want to eat with me.”

 

“No!” Yuri opposed a little too loudly.

 

“You don’t want to eat?”

 

“No, no, no. I do. I want to eat with you.” She grinned awkwardly.

 

Taeyeon brushed it off and the two of them went to the food court where they encountered more of Taeyeon’s fangirls. One in particular, a kid who’s around ten or twelve years old, caught their attention.

 

Yuri stepped away and let Taeyeon talk to the kid. It made her smile seeing Taeyeon and the girl talking animatedly, like some long lost friends. She watched in amusement as Taeyeon held the kid’s camera and took a picture of them together.

 

“Thank you, unnie.” The little girl waved goodbye and went back to her mother. Even when she was already walking away from Taeyeon, she still looked back and continued to wave.

 

Taeyeon smiled and said, “The kid listens to our songs.”

 

Yuri almost laughed at the tone she used. It was as if she found it ridiculous that a kid that age would listen to their songs instead of the pop songs that one would usually hear on radio and see on TV.

 

“Kid has good taste.”

 

“Sometimes I don’t think I should believe you. You seem like you only have good words for me and my band.”

 

“I only have good words for you. I can’t help it.” Yuri grinned again. This time there wasn’t anything awkward about it.

 

“You know when you smile like that, like you really mean it, you’re really pretty.”

 

Yuri’s smile disappeared and was replaced with a smile that Taeyeon usually sees when her sister and Yuri are talking whispering about something.

 

“I always smile like I mean it.”

 

“No, you don’t,” she pointed an accusing finger at Yuri, “just now you’re smiling like you’re doing it for the sake of smiling.”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re smiling as if you’re hiding something. Earlier it wasn’t like that, I swear. Your smile more genuine earlier.”

 

“Maybe you’re just hungry.” Yuri pretended to look around looking for something to eat but really she was just trying to hide the blush on her face. “Let’s eat.”

 

Taeyeon scrunched her eyebrows but let Yuri drag her to a food chain that sold burgers.

 

 

---

 

 

“Why are we all cramped up in this tiny car? Key, why the did you have to go with us?” Krystal accidentally elbowed her best friend in an attempt to sit more comfortably.

 

“Would you stop moving? Fany, put a leash on your girlfriend.”

 

“No, you do that. She’s your best friend.”

 

Five of them were sitting in the backseat of Jessica’s sedan while Jessica drove and Yoona sat on the passenger’s seat. It was Key, Krystal, Tiffany, Yuri and Taeyeon trying to squeeze themselves in the back seat.

 

“Tiff, just sit on my lap.”

 

“I am not sitting on your lap. I’m not a kid.”

 

“Only half of my gets to sit. You either lose parts of your huge hips right now or you sit on my lap.” Tiffany grudgingly did as she was told and held on the headrest of the passenger seat. “Don’t frown like you’re the one struggling.”

 

“Well, this wasn’t my idea. Key shouldn’t have come with us.”

 

“What did you want me to do at your apartment? Grow mold?”

 

The three continued their banter and while everyone else was uncomfortable getting squished like sardines inside the small car, Yuri seemed to be enjoying herself and Yoona who kept on checking the rear view mirror didn’t miss the smile that she was trying to hold back.

 

They arrived at the airport in half an hour. Krystal would’ve sister about driving like an old lady when they could’ve gotten there sooner but Jessica was abnormally quiet the whole time so she let it go.

 

They’ve gotten all of Yoona’s luggage out of the trunk and they were at the part of the airport where the people seeing their loved ones off are allowed.

 

Yoona was saying her goodbyes to her best friend while Jessica was standing beside Krystal. “You should stop her from leaving if you really don’t want her to leave, unnie.”

 

Jessica ignored her and kept on directing her gaze at her shoes.

 

“Yul, just tell her how you feel,” Yoona said, hugging Yuri tighter.

 

Yuri pulled away and whispered, “Tell who?”

 

“My sister.”

 

Yuri looked at Taeyeon who was fiddling with her phone and looked back at Yoona. “Shut up.”

 

Yoona laughed. “I’m serious. You’ve been crushing on my sister for a really long time and at first I didn’t think anything of it but now that I know you that you really like her. I say you go for it. I approve of you.”

 

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do. God, I want to fly to France with you and sell you to an old dirty French guy.”

 

“Take care of Jessica for me, will you? I don’t think I need to tell you to keep an eye for my sister because even if I didn’t tell you that, you wou—“

 

Yuri covered when she saw Taeyeon approaching them.

 

“Roughhousing in the airport, really?”

 

Yuri faked a laugh. “Yoona was being silly.”

 

“You’re doing it again? That smile that’s not an actual smile.”

 

“You’re both silly.” She walked away and left the sisters to talk to each other.

 

“You brought everything you need, right?” Yoona nodded. “Maybe this isn’t such a good idea, Yoong. You could barely speak English.” Yoona whined. “Take care of yourself, okay? If you need anything just call me...or Jessica or Yuri.”

 

“You’re treating me like a baby again.” Yoona wrapped her arms around her sister and embraced her tightly.

 

“I can’t treat you like a baby anymore. You’re engaged.”

 

Yoona grinned and looked at Jessica from afar. “Take care of her for me. I’ve already told Yuri that but I’m sure she’d be busy with someone else.” She smiled knowingly.

 

“Yuri’s becoming such an odd girl. She wasn’t like that before.” Taeyeon broke the hug and tilted her head to the side. “Is something bothering her?”

 

“Yuri’s just being Yuri.”

 

The younger Kim kissed the crown of her older sister’s head before walking towards Jessica. She held both hands, making Jessica look up from. “Hey.”

 

“Hey.”

 

“You’re free to stop me from leaving.” Jessica meekly shook her head. “Are you sure? I’ll be gone for six months.”

 

“You better not fool around while you’re there.”  To this Yoona pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead.

 

“This is you being jealous again, isn’t it?” Yoona chuckled when she felt Jessica pinching her waist. She responded by rubbing Jessica’s back. “I’m not going to fool around. I’m already engaged, you know.”

 

“I’ll miss you,” she heard Jessica mumble.

 

“Me too. We’ll talk on Skype every day I promise and six months would be like a month.” Yoona pulled broke away from the hug and placed a lingering kiss on Jessica’s cheek. One that the older girl would surely miss.

 

“I’m so glad I came with you guys to see this,” said Key.

 

Jessica cupped Yoona’s cheeks and leaned in just close enough so their lips would be brushing. “I love you.” She stepped back when Yoona leaned closer to get a kiss.

 

“Oh come on, Jessica.”

 

“You’ll get a kiss once you get back.” She grinned while Yoona stared at her in horror.

 

“I’ll be gone for half a year!”

 

“I know. Once you come back you better give me a mind blowing kiss.” She laughed when she saw Yoona stomping her feet like a kid but in all honesty all she wanted to was to hold Yoona tighter, tell her not to go and kiss her as if they’re faced with a horde of zombies and there’s no way for them to escape. She wanted to tell her to stay and she would've but she didn't want to stop her from doing what she wanted to do. She wanted to do all of that but there she was standing a clear foot away from Yoona, telling herself that six months won’t be that long. 

 

“Are you really going to deprive me of one kiss? One kiss, that’s all I ask.”

 

Jessica giggled, still putting up a front. “It’s time for you to check in. I’ll see you in six months.” She was trying so hard not to take another step, fearing that a mere skin contact would reveal what she truly feels. “I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.” Yoona sighed but bid goodbye to Jessica, her sister and her other friends. “I’ll miss you guys.”

 

She walked away from the group but kept looking glancing back at Jessica who was wishing she didn’t do that. When Yoona was a good meters away from them, they started heading out.

 

“Jessica-unnie, that was really great what you did back there. You weren’t being selfish like some other Jung that I know,” Tiffany randomly blurted out and Krystal rolled her eyes at the obvious jibe.

 

Jessica responded with a small smile. Taeyeon knew what that meant. She’s seen it far too many times.

 

They were a few feet away from the exit when someone tugged Jessica’s arm and pulled her in for a kiss. All her resolution came crumbling down when she felt Yoona’s soft lips against hers. She let the tears she was trying to hold back earlier to fall and when Yoona felt the wetness on her cheeks, she pulled away and leaned her forehead against Jessica’s. Yoona wiped away her tears with her thumb. “Is this too dramatic?”

 

Jessica choked out a laugh and nodded. “Six months. After that I’m not letting you go anywhere without me. You got that?”

 

“Yes, ma’am.” Yoona chuckled and held her by the waist. “I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”

 

Yoona gave her another kiss before she walked away, making sure that Jessica didn’t see the tears that were welling up stain her cheeks. She wiped them away with her sleeves.

 

“, that was so romantic,” Key mumbled and Krystal elbowed him in the rib. That time it was intentional.

 

____

Empty Tears, Empty Heart by Hale i was listening to it earlier and i dunno the whole song kinda fit the last part where they said their goodbyes. i love the song and this won't be the last time i'll be using a hale song for a chapter because i love them even though i'm not sure what their songs mean 

 

i wanted it to be more dramatic tbh i can't my english can't. and it's so hard writing taeri gooooooodddddammmnnn hahaha