Wasted

Chorus

"You are supposed to write my schedule on that calendar. What are you doing?" Heechul asked, hands on his waist.

 

"I'm counting the days 'til I get to see Sica again. Not that I don't like it here but I just feel incomplete when she's not with me. I was talking to her the other night and it just dawned on how much I miss her and how much I want to be with her right now."

 

"First of all, eew at the mush. I don't need that this early in the morning. Lastly, why are you still here?"

 

Yoona dropped the pen that she was holding and if it didn't seem too dramatic, she would've dropped on her knees as well and started begging. "Oh my god, please don't fire me. This internship is really important for me, Heechul-ssi. This would help my career. If you fire me now, I may not get a job. I'd be broke and I won't be able to afford the wedding. Please, please, please don't fire me. I'll get you a new calendar and do a good job listing your schedules down. I--"

 

"You . I'm not firing you. I'm just saying...if you miss her that much then go bavk to Korea. I'll talk to Minyoung-noona and we'll arrange things so you'd still be my intern even if you're not here physically. I could still be your mentor. I mean, it's not like we're living in the stone age. There's the internet. Also, I've been thinking about opening a store back in Seoul and if I have someone working for me there then it'll be much easier for me to do so."

 

"Are you serious?" Heechul simply nodded. Yoona, on the other hand, couldn't stop herself from smiling from ear to ear.

 

"You being here for a couple of months should be enough to get you going. We didn't really intend for you to stay here for half a year. We just wanted you to get a little bit of inspiration but I have to say, seeing you and your menace of a fiancée together made me realize that you don't have to be in France to be inspired. You just have to have that wench who talks nasally to be by your side."

 

Yoona blocked out all the insults that Heechul said about Jessica and only paid attention to the good parts. "Oh my god, oppa! This is...such a good news! We could finally plan our wedding. God, I could just hug you right now!"

 

Heechul took a step back. "No hugging unless it's for photo ops. Geez! You still need to work. I'm not letting you go back to Korea just so you could be all lovey-dovey withe the princess of darkness."

 

"I know, I know. It's just that I can't believe I'd be able to be with her sooner." Yoona went home to the Lefebvre's that day feeling so elated that she's given all the helpers she bumped into a tight hug.

 

During dinner, Minyoung told her that Heechul has already booked a flight for her and that they've worked up a plan on how she could still be his intern even when she gets back to Seoul. "Have you told Jessica you'd be back sooner?"

 

Yoona shook her head, a mischievous smile forming on her face. "I'm still thinking of ways that I could surprise her."

 

"This house is going to get quiet again without you around."

 

Yoona smiled warmly and reached out for Minyoung's hand. "I've only been staying here for two months but you've welcomed and treated me like a part of your family and it really feels like a second home to me now."

 

"You and Jessica are welcome to stay here if ever you decide on going back to Paris."

 

"Thank you, unnie."

 

 

---

 

 

"No, mom. I started attending my classes again. Unnie's exaggerating." Krystal was talking to her mom because apparently both her sister and her best friend have been worrying about her behavior that they just had to snitch on her. "Yes. I'm fine."

 

"Oh by the way, sweetie, your dad and I have already arranged that Alaskan trip that you've been begging for." 

 

Krystal frowned. This was such a bad timing. "Sorry, mom, but you have to cancel it. I'm not planning on going to freaking Alaska anymore."

 

"But why? You were so excited when you were talking about seeing the Northern Lights."

 

"I was...but I'm not gonna go and see it alone like some sort of loser." Her mom immediately understood what it meant.

 

"Okay but I'm not going to cancel anything just in case you change your mind."

 

"Okay. I gotta hang up now. Love you."

 

"Love you, too. Oh and sweetie, if you can't take it anymore just go and see her."

 

"Mom," she whined.

 

"I'm just saying."

 

"I really have to go now, mom. Say hi to dad for me. Love you both." She tossed her phone on the other side of the couch and covered her face with a pillow. She stayed that way until she heard her sister's voice who was on the phone with someone.

 

"I'll tell Krystal right away. Bye."

 

The younger Jung sat up and asked, "Tell me what?"

 

Jessica walked over to the couch and sat next to her. "Hey, uh, that was Yuri. She called to say Tiffany was sent to the ER and--Krys, what hell?!"

 

Krystal snatched her purse away, stood up and rummaged it to get the car key then tossed it aside. She quickly got out and headed straight to the car park. She wanted to kick herself for not asking which hospital they were in but she figured that even though Yuri and Tiffany weren't the sharpest tools in the shelf, they wouldn't travel to, say, Busan, to go to some hospital's ER. So she drove to the hospital that was closest to Tiffany's place. When she got there, she scanned the place and immediately spotted a red-haired girl sitting on one of the beds and getting her blood drawn. She also saw Yuri who had her back on her, getting her hand tightly squeezed by Tiffany.

 

Krystal looked on but made sure she wasn't seen by either of the two. A male nurse walked by and she just had to ask him for information. "Uh, hi, do you know what happened to the girl with the red hair?"

 

The nurse looked at the clipboard that he was holding. "Patient Hwang. She got here looking like she hasn't eaten anything and she was also a lot paler earlier. Sweating a lot as well. O we're thinking it might be low blood sugar or fatigue but we have to do blood work to make sure. Are you a friend of hers?"

 

Krystal looked away from Tiffany and turned her attention to thr nurse. It took her a while to respond. "Friend. Yeah. Friend."

 

The nurse excused himself and when the nurse who was attending Tiffany left, Krystal proceeded to the ER's waiting area.

 

 

---

 

 

Yuri watched as the nurse drew blood from Tiffany's arm and saw how her friend's face contorted when an IV line was attached to her. "Why would you starve yourself, idiot?"

 

"I didn't do it on purpose. I just didn't notice the time and I wasn't really hungry."

 

"If Krystal was here she would--"

 

"Well, she's not so that's that." Tiffany sulked and crossed her arms across her chest, careful not to pull on the IV line.

 

Yuri tried to get a hold of Krystal earlier but the line was busy so she called Jessica instead and told her what had happened. Tiffany didn't exactly approve of what Yuri did but in all honesty, she was expecting Krystal to come running to her, worried-sick and asking her if she was alright. So far, that hasn't happene and she was feeling disappointed but she knew she was at fault for expecting all those things.

 

She was sitting on the bed thinking about Krystal and how much she misses the girl when Yuri's phone rang. Her friend stood up and looked around. "No. She's not here. Okay. I'll call you if I see her."

 

She turned to Tiffany and told her that Jessica just called, asking if they have seen Krystal. "Jessica-unnie said Krystal just bolted out of there without knowing which hospital you were taken to. So maybe she mistakenly went to a different hospital," she said trying to comfort the girl. It was evident that Tiffany had expected Krystal to come.

 

Tiffany smiled bitterly. "She's not an idiot. She would know it was the closest one. She just didn't care enough to come here and ask how I'm doing."

 

"Don't be silly. Jessica-unnie said she left in a hurry. She's probably on her way now and she's not here yet because she picked up...something on the way. You know how Krystal is."

 

"Sure. Whatever." Tiffany pulled on the blanket, covered herself with it and turned her back on Yuri. 

 

"I'm buying something to drink. Do you want me to get you something?"

 

"Hot choco would be nice," was Tiffany's silent response.

 

Yuri made her way to the hospital's nearest vending machine which happened to be at the waiting area and that's when she saw Krystal sitting in a corner, mindlessly playing with her sister's car key. "Krystal," Yuri called. A little too loud to her liking. "Thank goodness. We almost thought you weren't coming. Tiffany's sulking right now. You should see her face. It's so funny."

 

Yuri took the younger girl's hand, forcing her to stand up but she wouldn't budge.

 

"Don't tell her I was here."

 

"What? Why not?"

 

"Just...don't tell her. I have to get going anyways. Send me a message when you get her lab results. I'll go now." Krystal stood up and headed for the exit, leaving a very confused and frustrated Yuri behind.

 

"The hell is wrong with them?"

 

 

---

 

 

Jessica's ears perked up when she heard the door open and close. "Krys...you're back...so soon. What happened to Tiffany? You went there, didn't you?"

 

Krystal looked up and slightly nodded. "I didn't stick around long enough to find out what was wrong with her buy she seemed fine. It didn't look so serious so..."

 

"They didn't see you there? I called Yuri earlier and she said you weren't there."

 

"Yuri-unnie saw me before I left but I told her not to let Tiffany know that I was there."

 

Jessica creased her eyebrows. "Why?"

 

"I'm not quite sure. I'm going back to sleep." Krystal walked past her looking all devastated.

 

Jessica was going to call Yuri again to ask her what actually happened but her phone buzzed, indicating that she just received a message. "Open the door" she read out loud.

 

"Yoona? Why would Yoona be texting me to open the door." She walked towards the door and opened it. She was greeted by someone holding a boquet of flowers with one hand, covering their face, and a basket of baguette with the other. A huge smile crept up on her face thinking that it was Yoona. She was ready to give her a bear hug only to be disappointed to see a stranger.

 

"Ni-hao. Chewy-imnida. Delivery for Ms. Jessica Jung." The delivery girl who had a thick accent and broken Korean stood in front of her with a toothy grin, an adorable dimple appearing on her left cheek. She handed the items to Jessica to which the latter took hesitantly. She was sure it was from Yoona but she didn't know why she would suddenly send her those. So she looked for a card but found none.

 

"Um," she looked at the delivery girl namef Chewy who was waving her hands in an awkward fashion, "I forgot the thing that you're supposed to sign once you've received those. Could I get it from my delivery van? I'm sorry. I'm new to this. I just got hired last week."

 

"Oh, it's fine. Sure. I'll wait here."

 

The delivery girl bowed and smiled politely before running towards the elevator. She figured it wouldn't take the girl too long so she waited just outside her unit. She was too engrossed in checking out the boquet that she failed to notice that someone was already standing in front of her. "Oh, you're back. You dhould've said something."

 

The girl, who was now wearing a cap and had her gaze trained on the floor, handed her a clipboard and a pen. She signed the piece of paper and gave it back to the girl who still wasn't interested in looking at anything other than the floor. "Here. Well...thanks."

 

Jessica has gone inside and was already shutting the door when the girl stuck her foot on it so it wouldn't close. "What are you doing?"

 

She caught a glimpse of the person's face before she got pulled in for a kiss. It was a good thing she saw a bit of her face because Jessica was so ready to kick her in the shin. When the two pulled away, she wound up her arm so much that when it hit the other girl's arm, the sound reverberated in thr empty hallway. "Yoong, what the hell?"

 

Yoona rubbed her arm as she giggled at her fiancée's reaction, not minding gow it stings. "I miss you."

 

"Wh--I miss you, too. They allowed you to take a break?"

 

Yoona shook her head. "Not a break. I'm back for good."

 

Jessica gasped. "Oh my god, Yoong. I'm so sorry they fired you. Was it because of me?" She hugged Yoona tightly and her back.

 

Yoona pulled away but kept her hands on Jessica's waist. "No, no. I'll be working for them from here."

 

"Seriously?" Jessica squealed and hugged the younger girl once again, tighter this time if that was even possible. "So no more waiting for four months?"

 

"No more waiting for four months. We could start planning the wedding, too."

 

"But...what about Paris? You liked it there."

 

"Paris is...it's nice but Seoul's got that edge called Jessica Jung." Jessica blushed and hit Yoona's arm once again, lighter this time. "When did you get back though?"

 

"I went straigt here from the airport. I hot my stuff back in Chewy's van."

 

"Is she a real delivery girl or..."

 

"I can sense jealousy and yes, I connived with a delivery girl named Chewy to surprise yoy. Isn't she cute?"

 

Jesssica knew Yoona was trying to rile her up. "Yeah, she's actually cuter than you."

 

"What? No one's cuter than me. I'm on Pikachu's level of cuteness."

 

Jessica just chuckled. She knew that if she disagreed, Yoona was going to show her just how cute she is and even though she does find it cute, it could also get quite annoying. "Let's go get your stuff from Chewy's van."

 

 

 

Title: Wasted by MKTO

there are lots of typos it's a pain updating using a phone