You-Aholic

Chorus

I followed Jessica with my gaze as she headed towards the bathroom. A stupid smiled was plastered on my face and when she came back, it was the first thing she noticed. She lay down beside me and pinched my nose.

 

“That childish grin of yours makes me think you were given a whole ice cream cake that’s all yours to finish.”

 

“Hmm...but what I got was something better.” I s an arm around her waist and pulled her closer, kissing her temple.

 

It still feels unreal that my soon-to-be wife and I are spending our time here in Paris. It’s like an early honeymoon. I was going to kiss her again on the cheek but she tilted her head, making me kiss the corner of her lips instead.

 

“We should probably get up now.”

 

And I had to disagree because there was absolutely no reason for us to do that except maybe if we get hungry. “We should stay here.”

 

“But I wanna go see the city. It’s my first time here, you know?”

 

I took her hand and kissed. I wouldn’t even dare try to argue then because that was pretty much a lost cause so instead of talking, I tried to prove my point by peppering kisses on her neck down to her shoulder. I heard her groan but that didn’t deter me.

 

“Yoong, stop.” She used her index finger and placed it on my forehead to push me away.

 

“You have the self-control of a teenage boy, I swear and it’s making me think that you only want me for my body.”

 

“I gasped, totally scandalized. “Miss Jung, what do you take me for? Just because you have a pair of s that are soft to touch and you have zero flabs doesn’t mean I only want you for your body.”

 

“What else do you want from me then?”

 

“I really like your face, too.”

 

She pinched my leg and I let out a tiny yelp. She’s getting more and more violent nowadays. I’m getting a bit concerned.

 

“Alright, alright. Not only do I like your physical appearance, I also like...”

 

Where the heck do I start? I like so many things about her like how she runs her hand through her hair when it gets in the way or simply because she feels like it. Or how she covers her face when she laughs or even when she hits the nearest person when she explodes in laughter. Or when she mumbles a swear word every time she gets frustrated. She also does this adorable thing where she tries to stifle a laugh and she only ends up biting her lip but you could still see a small smile forming.

 

“Oh you like so much stuff about me you can’t even state one thing right now? That’s nice.”

 

She’s witty too. A little too sarcastic but I could live with that.

 

“You make me tongue tied sometimes. I have all these things I want to say but I can’t find the words to say it. You do that to me.”

 

“From what I’ve heard from Yuri, you’ve had professors who do that to you, too.”

 

“God, woman, I love how much of a smartass you are.”

 

“Better than being a is what I always say.”

 

“I’m not a .”

 

“I didn’t even mention any name.”

 

“You never insulted me the first few months we were together.”

 

“I had to know stuff about you before I could throw insults at you or else it wouldn’t be effective. It’d be useless.”

 

“I’m not sure I like that.”

 

“You better get used to it.”

 

She pecked my lips and hurriedly got off the bed. “It’s a quarter ‘til noon. We should really eat.”

 

“Are you going to make me brunch?”

 

She giggled. “You’re cute when you’re being delusional like that.”

 

“Oh come on.” I stood up and stood right in front of her, pulling away the blanket she was using to cover her bare body. “Remember when we made chocolate cake. The cake turned out to be fine.”

 

“Because you did all the work and baking that cake almost led to another thing which is highly inappropriate to do in someone else’s kitchen.”

 

Maybe I should ask her what her definition of “highly inappropriate” is because clearly unknowingly giving a couple an advice about their life wasn’t deemed “highly inappropriate.”

 

Before I know it, she’s already dragged me to the bathroom, doing what I deemed to be appropriate stuff that two consenting adults could do.

 

 

---

 

 

Krystal was panting as she leaned on the wall and slid down until she was seated on the floor. She went to the studio in a hurry thinking that she was already late but as it turned out, the rehearsal’s still not done yet.

 

The nap she took before going there made her feel more exhausted but she couldn’t possibly sleep in the hallway and risk looking like a hobo so to entertain herself, she whipped out her earphones and plugged it in.

 

It was taking her so much time to choose a song to listen to so she accidentally heard what the two men, she assumed they were part of the staff, were talking about.

 

“Do you think that’s the girl that the newbie’s talked about the other day? The one with the red hair?”

 

From her peripheral vision, she saw them staring at her while they were setting the snacks on the table across her.

 

“I guess. Maybe she’s picking her up.”

 

Krystal smiled at the fact that Tiffany talked about her to the staff and maybe the rest of the cast.

 

“You think they dyed their hair the same color as a couple thing?”

 

“Maybe. It’s ridiculous, really.”

 

“Yah!” she exclaimed but when she saw them looking at her, she apologized right away, knowing the possible repercussions of her actions. “I, uh...my phone just died. Do you have a charger I could borrow?”

 

The two men ignored her and went back to gossiping. This time they talked with a hushed voice but it was still loud enough for Krystal to hear them.

 

“Wanna bet? I bet they’d break up before the run of this musical ends.”

 

Krystal fumed in anger upon hearing that. How dare these people bet on her relationship with Tiffany. They don’t know either of them so who were they to judge their relationship based on how the public perceives relationships between two people of the same gender.

 

“I bet the newbie would sooner or later realize that she deserves a man in her life. It’s a pity to be honest. They’re both so hot.”

 

She was about to say something again but this time she stopped herself. She knew very well that if she stood up against these dim-witted guys, it would somehow affect Tiffany and she didn’t want that so she just sat there, trying to endure their harsh words and trying not to get up and kick them in the balls for being judgmental pricks.

 

She pressed play on whatever song and made sure to maximize the volume so she didn’t have to hear their mindless chatter anymore. If it was up to her and if she didn’t have Tiffany to worry about, she would’ve had given them a piece of her mind and given them both a pair of panda eyes just like what Key taught her.

 

She was about to doze off when the doors to the studio opened. She stood up and put the earphones back in her bag. Tiffany spotted her right away and gleefully walked towards her, giving her a tight hug. She was about to give Tiffany a kiss but the latter moved away.

 

“I have good news.”

 

“Did the actress playing the lead die and they told you that you’d be replacing her?”

 

“No...Krys, that’s horrible.” Tiffany linked their arms together and they started heading towards the exit. “So I was on my way here and then this guy suddenly approached me and said he was interested in being my agent.”

 

“This is a total scam. Next thing you know you’d be on a casting couch doing nasty things and you’d have some sleazy star name like Tiffany Star or something.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. She didn’t know what Krystal does in her free time for her to be able to think of stuff like that. “Tiffany Star is already taken. Come on we both know that. Anyways, he gave me his card. Here.” She handed the calling card to Krystal. “He’s legit. I’ve asked around. He told me to call him when I’ve decided.”

 

“Don’t call him.”

 

Tiffany stopped walking, effectively stopping Krystal from her tracks as well. “This could be good for me. I looked him up. I know some of the people he’s currently handling and they all seem to be doing well.”

 

Krystal suddenly remembered what she and her sister talked about one. If she stopped Tiffany from doing what she wants to do, there’s a chance that she’d lose the girl and that’s the last thing she wants to happen so what she’s decided to do was to trust Tiffany’s words.

 

“Okay. Call him but if he ever does something that you think if fishy then don’t even think twice about punching him in the throat.”

 

“That’s assault.”

 

“It’s self-defense.”

 

They got inside the car and Krystal let Tiffany choose what they would have for dinner. The older girl put her hands on top of her head, forming a cute letter “M” and she knew exactly what that meant. The two went straight to Mcdonald’s and it wasn’t until they’ve already gotten their food that she told Tiffany what she thought about her girlfriend’s choice of meal.

 

“You really shouldn’t eat too much junk food.”

 

“I know.” Tiffany carefully split her cheeseburger in half and gave half of it to Krystal.

 

“Just because you eat half of it doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. Eating right doesn’t work that way and I thought you were on a diet because of the musical.”

 

“I am.” Tiffany munched on a few fries and gave the rest to Krystal. “This is my ideal diet.”

 

“Let me guess, you’re drinking diet coke?”

 

“Everyone knows that is total horse crap. I’m drinking zero sugar.”

 

“All of that is going to your hips. Now I’m not saying I wouldn’t like that but you’re going to give your costume designer a hard time.”

 

Tiffany huffed. “You’ve made me lose my appetite.”

 

“You want to go get ice cream on our way home?”

 

Tiffany did a 180 and nodded like a little kid. She knew her weakness and she knew exactly when to use them. It all depends on her mood. If she’s sulking because of food, she would be most likely be appease by ice cream and it didn’t come as a surprise when she chose to have strawberry ice cream.

 

Krystal wasn’t very fond of strawberry but she’s gotten used to it over the months.

 

“Let’s walk home. Just leave my car here. I want to lose a few pounds.”

 

She wanted to tell her that that wasn’t how exercising works but the older girl was already dragging her out of the ice cream parlour and trying to feed her the cold treat. “Jessica-unnie’s in Paris now, right?”

 

“Yeah, she was really itching to see Yoona-unnie so it’s good that she’s finally able to fly there.”

 

“I think that’s really sweet. They’re in the most romantic city in the world. I want to go there, too. What about you? What’s your top destination?” Tiffany grinned at her and added, “Don’t try to be cheesy and say, ‘Anywhere as long as I’m with you’.”

 

“I wasn’t planning to and to answer your question, it’d be Alaska. In fact, I’m planning to tell my parents to pay for my trip there as a graduation gift.”

 

“Why Alaska and are you planning on bringing me there with you?”

 

“Of course, do you expect me to carry my own luggage?” Tiffany glared at her and she could only laugh. Her girlfriend really needs to learn how to not take her too seriously. “Alaska because I wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. Northern lights.”

 

“I know what Aurora Borealis is.”

 

“You looked confused.”

 

Tiffany hit her on the arm. “Why do you want to see the northern lights?”

 

“They’re pretty,” Krystal answered simply. “Did you know that there are pink rays? They’re a rare sight though. There’s also a legend about it.”

 

“What does the legend say?”

 

“They think it’s the color of blood shed in the struggle between the spirits of the dead.”

 

Tiffany nudged Krystal with her elbow. “What the hell? I thought it was going to be something romantic.”

 

“I never said anything about it being romantic. The only way it could be romantic is if you see it with me so I was thinking maybe after your musical ends, I’d have graduated by then, we could go there.”

 

Tiffany felt the same way she did when Krystal gave her that rose and a note for their 200th day. Her cheeks were the same shade of pink as the strawberry ice cream she was eating.

 

“What do you say?”

 

“I’d love to see the Aurora Borealis with you but you’re not going to make me carry your things, right?”

 

“We could bring Key with us if—“

 

“No, never mind. If I have to carry your luggage which I know would be as heavy as a full grown pig then I would just so we don’t have to have Key with us.”

 

Krystal laughed but Key’s name brought back their conversation and the things she heard earlier. She was going to tell Tiffany about her concerns but she figured the timing wouldn’t be right so she thought of telling her some other time. For now, she was going to revel in the fact that she’s made Tiffany blush and for a moment, she’s made her speechless. Not an easy feat since Tiffany always, always, has something to say.

 

 

---

 

 

“Yoongie, look at this nice red dress.” Jessica heard Heechul’s scoff. The two of them were currently at Heechul’s shop because Yoona thought it would be a good idea for Jessica to meet her boss but that turned out to be nothing short of eating soup when it’s scorching hot outside. It was a bad idea and one that was making her sweat profusely.

 

The moment they stepped inside, Heechul did nothing but stare at Jessica with an arched brow and Jessica wasn’t one to back out of a staring competition. It became very hostile between the two from that point on and Yoona was inevitably stuck in between. She didn’t even know why they hated each other from the get-go.

 

Heechul harshly grabbed the dress from her. “This is carmine. It’s not just red.”

 

Jessica side-eyed him when he put the dress back in the rack and she then turned to Yoona. “I swear to god, Yoong, if you ever speak to me that way I will immediately tell our family lawyer to draw up the divorce papers and send it to you right away.”

 

Heechul heard it. “You guys aren’t even married yet.”

 

“Couples talking here.”

 

They continued to bicker about random petty things and Yoona eventually found it rather amusing although it still scared her that one of them was going to throw a punch.

 

Jessica asked here where the washroom was located and Yoona pointed to where it was. Once she and Heechul were alone and Jessica was out of earshot, Heechul finally told her what he thinks about her fiancée. “She’s such a .”

 

“You just rubbed each other the wrong way.”

 

“Ugh, trust me I will never rub that girl ever.”

 

“Oppa, that’s my fiancée you’re talking about.”

 

“I could look past the iness and let her wear my designs though. What’s her statistics?”

 

“Perfection.”

 

“Oh my god, you two get out of my shop. I don’t want to see either of you.”

 

 

---

 

 

“He’s such a .”

 

Yoona sighed. On their way out, she actually hoped the two would at least act civil with each other but they acted like children. Heechul stuck his tongue, fake puking and Jessica rolled her eyes and insisted on slamming the door. “He’s really—“

 

“I don’t want to talk about him anymore. He makes my blood boil. This is carmine. It’s not just red. Pompous bastard.”

 

“I’ve never seen you this worked up before. Not even when you talked about that ex of yours.”

 

Jessica didn’t respond and Yoona knew she shouldn’t have brought that up. That last time they talked about it was when she got drunk and got mad. At least that’s what she remembers.

 

“Sorry, I—“

 

“Yoona, if you find out something... something about me, are you going to leave me?”

 

“Find out what? Like you could turn people into food?”

 

“No. That’s cannibalism.”

 

“No, no like Majin Buu.”

 

“Tiffany?” She couldn’t blame Jessica for thinking that. She would hear Krystal talking to Jessica about Tiffany and referring to her as Majin Buu.

 

“The character that could turn people into desserts.”

 

“No, it’s nothing like that and that is still cannibalism in a way. You’re still eating people.”

 

“Well, that’s too bad. What were we talking about again?”

 

“If you find out something about me that I didn’t dare telling you beforehand, what would you do?”

 

“I’m not going to leave you that’s for sure. I don’t think there’d ever be a reason for me to leave you.”

 

Jessica felt relieved after she heard that but she still didn’t think she could tell Yoona about her past with Taeyeon. She only has less than two weeks to be there and she’s not about to risk spending those days with Yoona upset with her.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, didn’t want to force it out of Jessica. She wasn’t even sure if she’d like to know what it is. She held Jessica’s hand and smiled. “Let’s go eat French food.”

 

Jessica nodded. “Can we stay away from escargot and foie gras?”

 

 

_____

you're the gin inside my tonic. boo me i haven't heard the remix version of this yet i haven't even seen one fancam from the concert goddammit japan

but there i implied that they did it because i don't want to write it in details as requested by one reader